MTG LEGACY GENERAL

Sorry, I'm not your usual OP but the old legacy general was the very last thread in the catalog and over the bump limit so I'm making this to ask a question. To start the actual thread off, pic related is my babby: Landstill with thopter/sword as a wincon along with the traditional Factory beats.

RESOURCES
>Active Legacy Forums
mtgthesource.com/forums/forum.php
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/legacy-type-1-5

>Current Legacy Metagame
mtgtop8.com/format?f=LE
mtggoldfish.com/metagame/legacy

>Find/Browse basic lands by their art (Updated through Duel Decks: Jace vs Chandra)
sites.google.com/site/mtgbasics/

READINGS
>Top 5 Breakdown (May 26, 2016)
channelfireball.com/articles/the-top-5-legacy-decks/

>Miracles: The Match-Up Everyone Should Know
channelfireball.com/articles/how-to-defeat-miracles/

>Utilizing Cabal Therapy (Old but still good)
channelfireball.com/home/legacy-weapon-therapy-session/

Common Legacy - Decks You Should Prepare to Face
>Miracles
>Delver variants (Grixis, Izzet, BUG, RUG)
>ANT (Ad Nauseam Tendrils)
>Death and Taxes
>Eldrazi Stompy
>Shardless BUG
>Lands

Uncommon Legacy - Decks You Should Know About
>LED Dredge
>Reanimator
>Infect
>Stoneblade
>Burn
>TES (The Epic Storm)
>Elves
>Painter
>Maverick
>4-Color Loam
>Nic Fit
>Sneak n Show

Rare Legacy - Decks You May See On Occasion
>Enchantress
>MUD
>Goblins
>Merfolk
>High Tide
>Aluren
>Food Chain
>12 Post
>Belcher
>Pox Control
>Blood Moon Stompy variants
>Tezzerator
>Sneak n Breach
>Stax (White or Black)
>Deadguy Ale
>Landstill
>Affinity
>

Mythic Legacy - Decks You'll See Once a Year
>Doomsday Fetchland Tendrils (DDFT)
>Cheerios
>Nourshing Lich
>Non-Eldrazi Moon-less Stompy variants
>Spanish Inquisition
>Ux Omnitell
>Parfait
>The Cure (Kavu Predator + False Cure)

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/kZQNY
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/18-10-16-ub-tezz/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

My question is about Portal Three Kingdom cards. I bought some P3K basic lands and they're nothing like any other card I've seen. Much glossier than other cards. See pic for comparison with 5th edition card. Everything seems fine other than the texture so is P3K just like that?

Since I can't decide: new mother of runes or old mother of runes? Which artwork do you guys prefer?

new one is shit yo.

It's nice when other people help out. Also Oops All Spells is still missing. Good work

Is Parfait fun?

Tier 1: Old card altered with the new art
Tier 1/1.5: Old card
Tier 2: New card

I do like the new art but prefer the old (pre-8th) frame to newer and ever more so than the =>m15 frame

The old art is iconic, but Nielsen is one of my favorite mtg artists. It's your call, but you chose new, then from the duel deck.

Check the dot matrix patterns. I don't think P3K lands are expensive enough to be worth faking, so I wouldn't worry too much.

IMHO the new art > the old art.

Not a fan of the holo seal?

That and because it's a rare in EMA.
The duel deck rarity was, as it should be, uncommon. It's just a personal preference.

Your are a planeswalker with moral fiber. Don't ever change.

have u ever masterbated to a card?

This might help you out a little bit.
imgur.com/a/kZQNY

Original Commander Mom is the best.

It's hard to goldfish with because a lot of its fun comes from interacting and responding to a player's choices. That being said, I don't like prison decks very much, but I do like Parfait as a concept.
tl;dr Yes

Does Chandra count

Reeeee where the fuck is the modern general

it sucked so hard it turned inside out and left this mortal coil.

Why play Modern Affinity when you can play Legacy Affinity?

what this guy said

you should just join us. we can even advise you on how to turn your favorite modern deck into a superior legacy deck.

I closed tab on the last one when people were crying for a bolt ban. better off dead tbqh

r u 4 reel

>I closed tab on the last one when people were crying for a bolt ban. better off dead tbqh

Lmao that's rich

Then again I still remember that I also have to play Modern due to the shortage of Legacy events in my area

I saw that, pretty quality.

Oh god, the Bolt ban discussion was almost screencap worthy. That's like banning Brainstorm from Legacy.

>tfw the only thing I can play in my area is casual or draft

I feel you, most people have a modern deck around here but almost noone has a legacy deck.

and I don't like draft since the people at that place take it waaaay too serious. They only play other formats once every blue moon but if they do it's way more fun for some reason.

I'm fairly sure at least one of the bolt-bothered posters was trolling. Unfortunately, given the amount of "I have no answer to X, BAN X!" loudmouths in the MTG community, it's hard to differentiate between trolls and fools.

>I feel you, most people have a modern deck around here but almost noone has a legacy deck.

Same, everyone has multiple EDH and Modern decks but few Legacy, and the only other consistent Legacy player has Lands.

I tried EDH too but I was "hated" out of it since I had no idea Oloro was considered OP (I knew it was good but not OP) and everyone just ganged up on me. Went for like a month, people just focused on me and my deck wasn't even super tuned.

tl;dr dear diary

I'm not a huge drafting fan of the "NWO" sets but enjoy pretty much everything Innistrad and before.

How's Tezzerator in the current metagame? I haven't played for a while and want to get back into it. I'm currently running UB but all the lists I see on mtgotop8 seem to be Grixis.

I actually enjoy modern, but maybe that's just because I'm playing the best deck in the format

I figured at least some of it was trolling, but insider want to hang around that general either way. I prefer comfy discussion.

>I actually enjoy modern, but maybe that's just because I'm playing the best deck in the format

I don't mind Modern that much, I also play Grixis Delver there too and do pretty well. Could definitely be a lot worse! Prefer playing Legacy obviously in any case.

I actually like modern too, but I don't touch the modern general here.

Grixis gets to run Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast or Dack, which are both very powerful. Daretti generates blocks and kills creatures as early as turn 2 off a sol land signet opener, he's a great removal engine and a powerhouse vs "fair" decks but doesn't win the game on his own, which can be an issue. Dack loots, pitching Sword or just fodder and steals Batterskulls which you can re-equip or sac to Foundry, Daretti or transmute. Kohlagans Command is also a powerful sideboard card you get access to as well as an extra color for EE if you want. I think it's a decent pick in the meta, no one is really prepared for it and having Chalices backed up with Force is really hard to deal with. Here's my current list I'm playing online: tappedout.net/mtg-decks/18-10-16-ub-tezz/
I think Silas Renn is crazy powerful, he's a deathtouch blocker when he needs to be and when he connects I can re-cast a countered artifact. Significantly "cast", so I can cast my Chalices on whatever I need. He eats counters and removal like nothing else though, of course. 1 of Crucible lets me hit them with the Wasteland Crucible as well as just fight through a lot of Wastelands on the other side of the board, synergy with Mox Diamonds and the artifact lands, which I can sac to Thopter and replay and sac again.

>nature's claim your Chalice
>Silas Ren, cast Chalice
Holy fuck that's retardedly good.

Silas Renn is sick, hoping he had a place in Tezzerator. Now if only I can find a home for Breya, the ultimate magic waifu

Master Transmuter is a more pure esper waifu

Yeah that's true but in the grand scheme of things, Breya is best

M14 Duress looks so much better with a white border.

God I fucking hate you

You're still on my shit list, but now you're less high on my shit list. Black border core set Duress is top tier.

OKAY I READ THAT WRONG. NOW YOU'RE EVEN HIGHER ON MY SHIT LIST.

i fukin loled

trip/namefags were a mistake.

they're the reason this general exists. doesn't make them less obnoxious though.

Pictures! I need pictures of spiderm- white bordered Doomsday!

lol the damage is on theme at least

I may finally get to play magic again next Friday and want to finish up the remanimalator deck I have almost finished. What is the "best" version lately? I have the core of UB but all the lists I look up splash green for decay or red for izzet charm (or both)

What the fuck

Found it at my local shop. I told him I'd give him $5.he said 15. We met at 8. He wouldn't tell me how much they paid for it until after I bought it. They paid $1 for it. Fucking cheapskates.

I'll post my work later. At a party

Have fun, great laid.

Well it's full of larpers.

2 dudes just traded shirts it's getting wild.

If there's an Urza Block version of a relevant card, I always run at least one. Urza Block is Best Block.

Pic related. Seriously starting to wonder whether Standard is a better format than Modern.

>"I have no answer to X, BAN X!" loudmouths in the MTG community

There's an ongoing discussion on The Source about whether to ban Brainstorm that reaches pretty catastrophically funny levels of nonsense. I've read a number of posts claiming that Brainstorm and Ponder form a shell for almost every good deck in Legacy. Pic related again.

>I tried EDH too but I was "hated" out of it... everyone just ganged up on me.

Just started playing EDH a couple of weeks ago. I've got the same problem. Living Death for Archetype of Endurance, Sire of Insanity, Blazing Archon, and Iona is apparently nofuntimes. Pic thrice related.

Just wait until I find a copy of Avacyn...

My God; looks like it was printed in 1993.

I mean, Chandra's pretty hot.

In regards to edh you just have to find the right group.

My group is
>teysa combo + 20 tutors.dek
>melek "jerk off for twenty minutes" who usually ends games with a 20+ storm count empty the warrens and a few consecutive time walks
>mimeoplasm graveyard shenannigans who does all kinds of stupid shit
>teferi no fun mono-u who prefers knowledge pool or stasis locks to actually winning
And a few other people who seldom play with us who also play appropriately obnoxious things.

They never bitch about anything because they're doing stupid nigh intolerable shit themselves.

>2 dudes just traded shirts it's getting wild.

Pic related

>There's an ongoing discussion on The Source about whether to ban Brainstorm that reaches pretty catastrophically funny levels of nonsense. I've read a number of posts claiming that Brainstorm and Ponder form a shell for almost every good deck in Legacy. Pic related again.

Yeah I read through that and couldn't fathom it one way or the other

>Just started playing EDH a couple of weeks ago. I've got the same problem. Living Death for Archetype of Endurance, Sire of Insanity, Blazing Archon, and Iona is apparently nofuntimes. Pic thrice related.

Lmao the last week I was there, I pulled off a heist that was rage-inducing for everyone else but rib crushingly hilarious for myself. Everyone was focusing on me, although I did have a Propaganda out to weather it a bit. Dropped a Humility next turn, the glares were beautiful. My combo was the classic Rest in Peace + Helm of Obedience to knock them out one by one lel

>I've read a number of posts claiming that Brainstorm and Ponder form a shell for almost every good deck in Legacy.
It must be strange living in a alternate timeline where Chalice was never printed.

Jesus, I'd either run some degenerate Narset or Animar combo deck against that meta.

>It must be strange living in a alternate timeline where Chalice was never printed.

Word

Anecdotally I've noticed it comes down to you're either Chalice, Brainstorm, or a deck with few reserved list cards like D&T or Nic Fit

A female approached me and told me I had nice hair. I thanked her and then she asked if I was a homosexual.

And then you reply with "I can be if you're into that"

SMOOTH
M
O
O
T
H

That's happened to me before, minus the hair part (ok, that pun wasn't intentional).

Here's what is currently white bordered in ddft. HOPING to finish the rest tomorrow.

>a female approached me
No female approaches guys who white border their black bordered cards.

the dark rits you bothered to white border aren't even the same edition

>white bordered tops
REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

You're the hero magic deserves.

Acetone you say?

Fucking autism

Buy beta duals then white border them

I want to build a commander deck and would like some help. I want to start off with smokestack, crucible, wasteland, and stripmine. I'll probably play gifts and intuition. Exploration effects seem good.

There is a EDH general, that'd be the best place to get help

Okay guys, I desperately need your help: I got a bad case of the paranoia.

I recently bought an Unlimited Underground Sea (I think they're neat, don't judge), and am worried as fuck that it's fake.

It passes the light test, but I'm not sure if there are any particularities I should pay attention to when examining the dot pattern (especially around the "Land" bit).

I

sharpie your duals black bordered

Show us the hopefully crisp black of the text in the text boarder.

while hilarious, that might be too much even for me.

yeah acetone (and painters tape) does the trick. Basically just nail polish remover, but you have to make sure it's 100% acetone or you'll end up with soggy abused cards. you also have to be careful not to damage them. It works best on cards that aren't to beat up already, because you have to rub fairly forcefully, and it can exacerbate existing damage. practice with some basic lands or something first.

Finally sacrificed my shekel collection to buy duals and join the legacy family. My poor shekels.

We're all very proud of you. What are you going to build?

Reanimator.

Still cheaping out slightly running 2x underground 1x Bayou 1x Tropical but in proxy play testing most games I never see or need more than 3-4 lands.

Are you building UR painter? If not you're a communist.

Welcome home, good nigga.

Sorry if this' a wrong thread, but I was wondering if the Planeswalkers get anything like a Genius Loci or something from their Land connection, aside from the coloured magics?

Is this a lore question or a gameplay question? Honestly confused.

Das it mane.

Need some more pics. Highest res you can manage. Rules text, gloss, against a real card if you have one.

It feels like it's printed separately, but due to the quality of my camera, and the lack of a loupe, it's difficult to know for sure? I think?

That actually looks very good. Can you give us a shot of the whole card under good lighting?

I looked at your picture through my jewelers loupe. Seems legit to me.

I can take better pictures later, but maybe this gives you guys an idea.

Lore?

Sort of, I think. "Genius loci" was the Roman word for the spirit of a place, like the atmosphere of a cathedral or the somber mood of a graveyard. The closest answer I can give you is Nissa from the newest sets, particularly the Battle for Zendikar block where she became connected to the "spirit" of the whole plane. I'm willing to bet green Planeswalkers feel a genius loci much more than others. I don't think this concept has ever been explained by Wizards.

First thing that came to mind was the thing from Dresden Files and I was confused as fuck because don't remember there being a thread for that in ages

Huh. That's pretty cool actually.
Would they feel if something bad was happening, like if they had a city and it was under attack or destroyed?

Can't upload the scans due to being too big, but I've added a Dropbox link instead:
(Remove the spaces)

www . dropbox . com/s/7tkh99a2n46vsfg/Scan_20161120%20%284%29.jpg?dl=0

Are the Land mana amounts canonical, or just a gameplay thing?
Like, could you get 2 white, 2 black, 2 red from a city (like Seattle of Shadowrun)?
Are the units of mana themselves a gameplay thing, like 2 units of White, or would it be "lots of white, more blue than red" in Lore?

It looks fine.

Those look completely real. Btw, I have never seen a high quality fake that passes the light test. They are usually thicker and use a black inner layer as opposed to blue.

>when the lucy hits and you click post

what the fuck does this post even say

Just a gameplay thing. Ravnica's probably manabonded to fuck because I guarantee you every street of that city produces every color of mana

Main deck complete.

why isn't the lotus petal white bordered?