Would you rather fight Necrons or Tyranids?

Would you rather fight Necrons or Tyranids?

Do the Tyranids have anything against nukes?

All things considered I'd rather be zapped than eaten.

Tyranids are the only true danger, who cares about Necrons

>who cares about Necrons

Tyranids do

As Tarkus put it. The Tyranids might be a greater danger on a galactic scale, but virtually nothing is as dangerous to face in a warzone as awakened Necrons.

Necrons. They have an end goal. Some of the more reasonable dynasties can be bargained with. Escape is more likely, since warp travel isn't fucked over by SitW.

Also, Ide rather be vaporized than torn to shreds or melted.

Commissar Cain said that he would rather face down Tyranid scream beasts than ever face the Necrons evr again.

>Escape is more likely,

actually, Necron null matrices dispel warp travel.

And Necron dynasties care nothing for humanity. Going what they did to Damnos and what happened to the people taken by the World Engine, you wouldm't want to face Necrons.

Also getting hit by a gauss Flayer is really painful since it's dissembling one layer at time. Do you want to get stabbed to death or do you want to stand still and be pealed away one layer at a time like a humanoid onion. Only the Warscythes are painless.

Tyranids would be more entertaining to fight I think

Actually, that would be the Necrons. You will hear Necron Overlords ranting and bellowing over their mindless armies. Should be hilarious.

If the oldcron fluff for Gauss weapons is still valid, being killed by one was supposed to be one of the most painful ways to die as it slowly strips you apart layer by layer.

>slowly strips apart organic enemies
>yet fucks up tanks like an anti tank rifle

glad to see GW is so fucking consistent

It never really fucked up tanks that easily in fluff, though, the point is due to its primary way of damaging opponents it didn't really care about material consistency, active or secondary armour measures, it just cared about thickness. So, while a solid projectile would ricochet off the plates because there's just so much counterforce, the Gauss weapon doesn't even experience that resistance, blowing the same-sized hole in it as it would with infantry.

Necrons. Being reduced to burning molecules in tenth of second painlessly seems better then being eaten alive or dissolved in acid pools by dino bugs.

>Mindless animals that just run in one direction eating everything they find.
>Silent murder robots with lasers.

Neither sound too exciting tbqh. Can't I go fight some orks instead?

>Nids
>mindless

hive mind is a thing

You know it's instantaneous, right?

People always remember the method but not the speed.
The reason it shreds armor is because it doesn't care about materials that its target is made out of.
If it eats a cubic meter of flesh it eats a cubic meter of adamantium at the same rate.

There was that one picture of a Necron Destroyer (not the heavy kind, the normal kind) whizzing around and shooting the side of a Land raider and the gauss coming out the other side.

I'd honestly fight Crons, They sometimes teleport out as if nothing happened and the only real thing you'd breathe in would be the smell of ozone, Nids however, even if you survive you'd be coughing up your organs for years to come due to the spores.

Tyranids, these losers find a way to fuck up and lose a battle even in their own codex :>

Firstly; it's typically not a good idea to consider every instance of weapon effectiveness as canon, as that's one of the most inconsistent parts of 40k fluff. Look at Lasguns and Power Armour, for example.

Secondly; even a normal Gauss Cannon is massively stronger than a Gauss Flayer, with the entire separate classification of Gauss Blaster between them.

That being said, Gauss weapons don't do splash damage either, due to the way their 'beam' functions, so from a practical viewpoint a more powerful variant would look like it was ripping through something like an anti-tank round, I guess.

Posting a testimony from an IG who faced one of these threads. I want you guys to give me your opinions on it. Would you have acted the same in his shoes?

Guass doesn't do splash damage but if it puts a 2" hole straight through a plasma reactor on a baneblade or a massive tank of promethium you are still gonna see fireworks.

threats*

But

this user said it's slow

could it be that Warhammer fans are too retarded to know lore of their shit game? No way.

So far, Cain is the most readable of the 40k novels. So I'm going with this.

For the outside world it's fast. For the guy getting hit, an a while of pain.

Nah, it's that the lore is so inconsistent over the ability of fans to grasp what the hell GW is trying to tell us half the time. It's not difficult to keep track of the general state of things by any means, but if you go into the real nitty-gritty specifics for quite a few things you'll find different people arguing different things, each with actual contradictory evidence.

So from what I understand Guardsman died from fear?

A magos is studying captured Xenos material and writing down his findings. Notice his reaction when he finally gets to object (h) "Unknown".

His mind broken and his body gave out from being forced to remember. He went down a couple times during the interview. Being forced to remember that thing that watched him while he was struggling in the bit was the final straw.

What a coward, eh?

>How did you know that name?

That's a good question. How did the guardsman know their name and know that they were ancient and soulless?

Boga boga boga

Cornered Eldar pirates whose ship was boarded by Necrons committed suicide rather than face the Necrons.

An Imperial governor invited to a strange court where he was treated to a bountiful feast.

Causing fear even in the Space Marines.

So are they more scary than Chaos (excluding Daemons)?

Who?

Necrons get into the minds of their foes, it's part of their tactics to make whoever they fight shit themselves and if they survive, to tell others.

I dare say they're unaware of it but if pushed it would trigger something in them to kinda collapse and have a relapse.

If I recall he was executed for cowardice.

I'd rather be a Necron and fight tyranids.

>Newcrons

Tyrannids shoot:
Bugs that dig inside you and eat you.
Neurotoxic darts
Web that asfiphyates you

I'm not sure how fast layering can be worse

The Imperial fluff for that picture is hilarious. It's some memo basically aghast at the fact that this Destroyer punched through both sides of the Land Raider, being like "Uhhh, we don't even have any space-based weapons that can do that so I don't know what to tell you."

Read the bloody thing. He just died to the the trauma and the mix of chemicals put in the body to make him talk.

>If I recall he was executed for cowardice.

Read the page. He died.

>Necrons get into the minds of their foes, it's part of their tactics to make whoever they fight shit themselves and if they survive, to tell others.

Actually, Necrons have a supernatural fog around them they cause anyone who near them to see ghosts and see visions.

A survivor of Necron kidnapping had dreams of being a Necrontyr being in the times of flesh. She saw a C'tan god and felt its heat burn her skin.

Tyranids are scary in the "supergalactic space bugs with a giant cloud of FUCK YOU looming on the edge of the galaxy" sense

Necrons are scary in the "emotionless, deathless, unkillable mass that steadily marches onward to victory" sense

Depends on which one you find more frightening. I've always found big clouds of something looming on the horizon more terrifying than the unkillable war machine, which is probably why I think Orks are gay as fuck and every planet with Orks on it deserves Exterminatus.

He is not an old fool. He does know Death when he sees it.

Necrons. new lore makes them squabble-prone intrigue riddled faggots who can be manipulated, turned against one another and betrayed like any other sentient life. Not easily, to be sure. But your odds are drastically better then they'd be vs the all consuming swarm

oldcrons? Because if so then yes. Pre-fucked necrons where -the- threat. Zero fear, total unity and unit cohesion. Absolute fire discipline with weapons that required barely a graze to kill and almost impossible to put down

>Read the page. He died.
Was thinking of another, Had been awhile since I read the book.

What if I want to fight Tyracrons?

>A survivor of Necron kidnapping had dreams of being a Necrontyr being in the times of flesh. She saw a C'tan god and felt its heat burn her skin.

This is from the World Engine right? Wasn't that the C'tan calling out to anyone who would listen. Not to mention that weird bio machine they found which ended up killing one of the marines who volunteered to have it poke him since he was gravly wounded. Didn't that guy see the vision of the C'tan being worshipped and his skin burning?

It might be. My memory of the book is hazy.

Tyranids. I just want something that my lasgun will have some effect on, if I get lucky I might take out a gaunt or two. A necron will take 12 shots to the face and only get the equivalent of welder's flash.

Thats because if the Tyrsnids win, they REALLY win. They have the easiest goal [kill everything] and are the likeliest to actually complete it. [With the fact that the nids we see now are just the first scout fleets for the prime force, which is fuckhueg]

Besides, we beat those Demons. Chaosfags BTFO.

>Besides, we beat those Demons. Chaosfags BTFO.

Actually, daemons beat Tyranids mire than Tyranids beat daemons in the fluff. It's 4-1 now.

Logically tyranids should be staying the fuck away from demons like they do crons. Demons have no actual biomass and are made of warp bullshit, so the very absolute best thing a hive fleet can hope for if it gets into a fight with chaos lads is to withdraw without losing too much shit.

Having said that I would entirely love a mini-story where khorne demons invade some world and turn its seas to blood, which directly leads to a wounded hiveship crashing there, absorbing a literal ocean of biomass and turning into a whole new fleet or something.

Considering carnifex have been reported to survived planetary exterminates, nukes will kill anything they immediately hit, but the real big bugs or commanders may survive, wont effect hive ships too much

>Mindless animals
What
>just run in one direction
Please read some lore

I choose "no"

Even smaller nids can survive Exterminatus too, if they dig in deep enough.

Best part is that ruleswise a gauss cannon wouldn't actually be able to do that (glancing hits only).

I don't think there's much changed about the Necrons as far as the average grunt is concerned. The basic troopers and the immortals are still an implacable creeping tide of gauss and death.

What's it feel like to be shot by a Gauss gun?

It's like being fucked in the ass.

Like getting a full-body massage from a belt sander dipped in obsidian dust.

Like the moment where you're peeling off a nasty sunburn and you reach a patch that's still bonded to the flesh beneath, except over your entire body.

Like getting fucked in the ass.

Probably like a burning stinging sensation that probably strips your atoms relatively fast, I imagine after a second of continuous fire most your torso would be gone and you'd go into shock

Heterosexuals still think getting fucked in the ass feels bad.

I know your being metaphorical but let's at least try to be accurate.

I imagine being fucked in the ass for the first time is painful otherwise girls wouldn't be so hesitant about it.

Man I've tried butt stuff multiple times, it just doesn't feel good. Even lubed up like a slip-n-slide it just feels neutral. Fast or dry hurts like shit. I WANT to enjoy getting reamed and creamed but my body doesn't agree.

Faggot.

Any non-immediate spread of nervous damage typically feels a little bit like burning. So imagine terrible burning that doesn't stop spreading until your entire chest is gone.

I'd rather fight Necrons than 'Nids. Better a relatively quick death by death ray at range, than eaten alive or slowly poisoned by spores.

I'd take either over Daemons though. At least when killed by a Necron or 'Nid the torment ends with death: if a demon gets your soul the suffering can last eons.

Man compared to what I've jacked it to being just a faggot would be a step up. There isn't a word for people who wank to dog-dicked futas knotting in each other's urethra and inflating their balls, passing it back, then impregnating themselves with the resulting thrice-cummed baby batter and eventually fucking the kid.

Anyway, I'd rather face Necrons. Nids wouldn't really put an effort into actually killing you, just getting you into a state fit for consumption. Crons would finish you off quicker, if it came down to that.

...sauce?

Fucking nowhere
Cultivate the ability to convince yourself that multiple doujins are part of the same work. That's the only way I can get off at all, anymore.

In that particular picture, it was a heavy gauss cannon, which in the codex in which it was printed, was str 10, which in that edition, could very much OHK a land raider

it wud be xtreemly paneful

That was what I thought too at first, then I checked the image and saw the multiple barrels (gauss rods, linear accelerator chambers, whatever you want to call them) arranged in a way that suggested a regular gauss cannon.

But looking again, it seems what I thought was another barrel may just be the empty space beneath the gun. That could also be the Heavy Destroyer targeting doodad over its shoulder, but the whole thing is so small and unclear it's hard to tell. Heavy would make more sense in any case though.

Str 9 rather than 10. Still enough to penetrate.

You've never seen the Swarmlord, have you?

that's forgetting that since the 5e codex tyranid can't have nice fluff, and are mostly used as convenient tool for GW writers
they are now the generic ennemy that get systematicly slaughtered by everyother factions, on par with orcs and the PDF

There's plenty of nid victories even in Cruddex fluff. If the complaint that they always lose now comes from the fact that the historical hive fleets were ultimately defeated, then the Tyranids have always been failures in every edition except maybe Rogue Trader.

Speaking of failures Orks always suck. Remember when they outsmarted Tau? Later on Fagsight had to murder them. Every little Ork victory has to be taken away from them.

Orks are like Tyranids in that they tend to get stopped in the long run to preserve the status quo, but it's a shame to let that get in the way of stuff like this:

>DA BIG RAID
>The Blood Axes of Waaagh! Grog tell a story about the greatest Kommando attack ever, known as Da Big Raid. It happened on the world of Vor’sanar, when Waaagh! Grog smashed into the edges of the Tau Empire. Freebooter raids on the Tau planet had been previously repulsed by a huge alien warship with more dakka than anything in the Ork fleet. Called the Korst’la by the Tau and Da Big Dakkaship by the Orks, it stalked the space lanes around Vor’sanar, annihilating anything that trespassed on the Tau Empire. The Korst’la’s only weakness was that it needed to use the huge orbital docks around Vor’sanar to refuel and rearm. While Grog knocked the heads of his Freebooter Kaptins together, trying to get a large enough fleet together to storm the Tau planet, a mob of Blood Axe Kommandos came up with a more cunning plan. They would attack the orbital docks while the Korst’la was away, wrecking the Tau station, and denying the warship a place to repair itself or rearm. The Kommandos set out in a looted Tau transport ship, using captured codes to approach the Vor’sanar dockyard under the pretence of having been damaged in an Ork raid and seeking safe harbour. The Tau were initially suspicious of the lone vessel limping into their station, but every demand for identification was met with a satisfactory response, and the idea that Orks could undertake such a ruse was unthinkable to the Tau. It was a horrific surprise then when the vacuum seals opened and Ork Kommandos poured out into the station. By the time the Tau had mustered to repel the invaders, the Kommandos had reached the station’s reactors. Smashing them to scrap, they set off a chain reaction, dooming the station and allowing Waaagh! Grog to ransack Vor’sanar and ultimately the entire sector.

From the perspective of my last Dark Heresy Character, an Arbitrator who was Blank, Tyranids.

Tyranids always seem to lose their cohesiveness around him, which makes them easier to fight. Necrons have been an implacable force of death every time he's encountered them so fuck that.

You know, I never got why idiot who wrote this report was amazed. The necron gun in this picture has stats identical to lascannon, something that can be lifted by single marine, power source included. Light skimmer mount? How is that any better? This gun is visually larger than lascannon, too, which again is nothing to write home about...

Because a Land Raider is suppose to be able to survive a Lascannon shot at least 50% of the time. Therefore the idea of something that could go completely THROUGH a Land Raider, with "no apparent deflection", which means was not even slowed down, is amazing to him. The only weapons he could think of similar to that level were, as he said, on titans or starships.

Also remember, this was written before all the knights and superheavy creep that has come into the game. Back then, the Land Raider was pretty much the king of survival. Only thing that survived better where 2e Terminators with their 3+ save on two dice.

Better Question:
Would you rather be attacked by Dark Eldar pirates, Emperor's Children, Death Guard, or World Eaters?

Hard choice. I just hope I either win the battle or die in it. If neither is possible, suicide is still preferable to being captured.

Uh, are you a commissar?
I do not care what heresies oppose me, for I know that the God Emperor of Man protects me. I fear not my enemy nor death. In service to the Holy Throne, I will find my true salvation.

Marry Necrons
Fuck Tyranids
Kill Imerials

'Nids.
As a wholehearted Admech supporter, I know that Admech have asspulled some crazy tech shit to help fight off Tyranids. Necrons on the other hand? Oh jesus fuck no Omnissiah preserve me.

Necrons.
Being instantly vaporized is much better than being torn up and eaten.

Tyranids, because for some fucking reason, in spite of the fact that whole space marine chapters have been formed to deal with the bugs, for some reason the ancient, nigh-on unstoppable killing machines are being ignored.

Besides, when in doubt, shoot the big ones first.

Depends: Can I be brought back as a spooky spess skeleton if I go down fighting the necrons? Because they seem to have their shit together a bit more than most any other faction.

>That was what I thought too at first, then I checked the image and saw the multiple barrels (gauss rods, linear accelerator chambers, whatever you want to call them) arranged in a way that suggested a regular gauss cannon.
In 3e, a single glance could, if lucky enough, destroy a land raider. There were no such things as hull-points.

I'd rather get shot by my commissar to inspire my friends to run into the meatgrinder because chances of getting out of a scrap with either armies and not die a horrifying death is pretty slim

True, the necron warrior and immortal are mostly unchanged. The sweeping issues are the crunch changes that toned down gauss rape that are then reflected in lore, and leadership. Today you set up and try to hold off the grunts while your cunning buggers find and trick/kill/manipulate the scheming imotep-bot in command.

whereas before, said leader would be on the front lines cutting space marines in half and just sentient enough to glare and seek you out for landing a lucky shot