games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM THE CLOWNS):
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

FUCK OFF ARHIMAN

Is it me or are there too few tank-walker HQs?

Bjorn

Libby dread

Tau commander

There could be more, yeah.

I don't count the Tau Commander as he has wounds.

Unless Farstrike is an HQ option or they gained a new Commander option that I am unaware of (at which case I applaud the variety).

>Tau commander
You mean AM Tank commander.

Does the inquisitor-on-big-throne count?

yeah I really think its an awesome chapter, but I'm not quite sure how the timeline would work out.
I guess I need some backstory help about how they ended up staying relevant till the mechanicum armies were developed.

Is it that heretical to run them together lore wise?

Does he have Wounds or Hull-Points?

Well yeah, if you only care about the game rules.

Tau Commanders absolutely fit in with the likes of Bjorn and Libby dreads though.

Chaplain Dreadnaught Titus
Bray'arth Ashmantle

How is your Saturday?

1000 point game, my Orks vs my friend's new Tau army.
My boss got a kunning plan and tried to infiltrate the ladz close but a counter infiltrating squad of stealth suits messed it up.

Then so do Wraithseers.

So I'm gonna be grabbing some of the re-made daemonettes, both as a curiosity because they're gonna be rare again soon, and as allies for my CSM.

I've heard contradicting opinions on how to best use them. I don't want to have a lot of metal models to fiddle with, but is a 10-model unit of daemonettes enough to do anything, or will they just get shot up?

Prepping for a 1k game of my own, gonna face GSC, still teryign to decide between CSM/Nugle demons/Ork/Aspectdar.

I have a 1000pt Thanksgiving Game against my cousin's AM that I am stoked for but the Saturday after Thanksgiving I have a 2000pt game against Tau.

Today I am painting two Razorbacks and doing housework.

You need the formation from daemonic incursion.

Flayertroupe: 1 Herald of Slaanesh or Masque, and 6 units of Fiends or Daemonettes in any combination

Reposting from the previous thread, my current CSM build. Instead of Heldrakes/Dinobots or a Cabalstar, I wanted to try a MSU-ish Warband with some Daemon summon support. My only crazy choice IMO is giving my Lord the Scrolls of Magnus. I could drop it and the familiar for 2 more spawn but meh, I like the extra WC/odd psychic vector. C&C?

++Black Crusade++
+Warband+
Disc Lord of Tzeentch w/ Lightning Claw and Powerfist, Sigil, Scroll and Familiar - 235
>3++, 6 attacks on charge, Obsec Jetbike IC, and a ML 1 Psyker for fun.

ML 3 Bike Sorcerer w/ Familiar, Pistol&Staff - 145
>Rolls Ectomancy, moves melta and stuff around.

2 5-man teams, Melta&Combi-melta Champ, Rhino w/ Dirge Casters and Dozer Blades- 140x2=280
>Formation tax. 2x Melta.

2 3-man Terminator units with Combi-plasma and Axe - 112x2=224
>Termicide, or another msu melee chopper. Maybe give fists?

2 3-man Bikers of Slaanesh, w/ 2 Bike Meltaguns and Champ w/ Lance - 111x2=222
>A glass cannon. Melta is useful; replaced the Bike TL Bolters so I could keep the BP/CCW attack. Lance/MOS is so I can finish off small Tacsquads or other units not geared for melee. These guys get Path to Glory rolls.

2 Helbrutes - 100 x 2 = 200
>I find Havocs are too vulnerable to alphastrike, and if I'm going for melee presence and melta, I may as well go all-in.

+Spawn+
2 units of 2 Spawn - 60x2=120
>Bodyguards/MSU hunters.

++Daemon CAD++
Disc Herald w/ Paradox, ML 2 and Exalted Locus - 145
>Summons stuff. Exalted Locus instead of ML 3, in case I want to Flickerfire something (light vehicles, etc).

Blue Scribes - 81
>More Malefic.

2 11-man Horror units - 99x2=198
>Batteries, bubble-wrap, and objective-holders.

Total: 1850

The army feels pretty basic in how it works, if somewhat fragile. Summons are in support of the army. Lots of Obsec, and lots of small units that while they'll lose to a deathstar, are supported by enough summons/tarpit potential for the rest of the army to bully support-pieces.

Sadly Khazmaro'vs a fucking joke now.

S5 T5 and 4 wounds is all he has to show for it.
Not even EW.

Who's the better ally for GSM, Tyranids or AM?

Why?

Is this explicitly about HQ tanks/walkers, or just about any tank/walker that can become your Warlord?

Genestealer Cults can technically have a Leman Russ as their Warlord if they use the Cult Insurrection but don't take any characters (meaning a Neophyte Cavalcade).

The Emperor's Talon technically lets you have a Sentinel Warlord due to a character designation.

The Helforged Warpack lets one of your Walkers become a Character. For lulz, have a Defiler as your Warlord.

The Anvil Strike Force from Angels of Death lets any one vehicle in the detachment be your Warlord. Force Commander Stormraven is a go.

There's more options there if you're creative enough.

HQ tanks-walkers.

There aren't a lot out there which seems kind of odd given the number of Monstrous Creature HQs out there.

any one got Planet Onslaught book

Meka-Dredd
Buzzgob can be a HQ titan.

Werr we goin' boss?

His riptide was pretty devastating, wiping out a squad of meganobz, wiping half my bikers and a squad of tank bustas.

Not Saturday but spent yesterday taking some cinematic shots of my army and played a quick game too.

Those bases look hella dull.

>no LOS blocking in centre of table
>tau side of table has ruins to hide their infantry in
>ork side of the table has literally no terrain whatsoever
What the flying fuck.

>Meka-Dredd

How does "Look Out Sir" work for that if it's in a squadron of Deff Dreads anyway?

Or does that only work for things that have wounds?

flyrants, because flyrants

No idea, he usually goes solo.

Nah, the fluff all works out. I play SC (go team) too and they were created in the 37th millennium, however Mechanicum armies predate even the Imperium. Skitarii pop up in the HH books pretty often.

So the story is that the Admech wanted Marines for their own, but Inquisition finds out and makes the Confessors swear loyalty to the Emperor too. So just say they stayed close friends of the Admech and work together a lot. That's what I do, anyways.

After the meganobz got eradicated and the deff dread was destroyed he thought his riptide was safe.

As it turns out a squad of grots clambered in to the nobz trukk and took off its last wound.
But it didn't end there! They went on to destroy a 10 man fire warrior squad before dying in combat to pathfinders.

He tabled me turn 5 with 3 squads remaining.

What's the best set-up for Deathwatch Bikers?

Based on what models I have I'm thinking two 3-man units with at least two power mauls. Should I have more or less men, and are power axes a good choice for them?

Also, how would they synergise in the weird hybrid units Deathwatch allows? Would jinking and hammer of wrath still work, at least for the bikers?

More ironcrust?

Introing a new guy to the game today at 1500. Tested my eldar kill team yesterday and I wasn't surprised that it raped. 5 scat bikes and 5 dire avengers is devastating.

Pic related is 1850 game vs tyranids. Ending up being a 5-5 tie on points at the end. Our games are always close as hell.

Well it's hard to tell they've a texture from a distance just looks like orange paint, but some rocks would do wonders.
Personally I'd've gone go with clean rims to accentuate the surface.

It all depends on what you want.

Lances are good for 1 turn rape against Marines, however swords are more reliable, but Mauls are really good for high Strength, but the AP is a bit lacking- if not MEQs, mauls are a really good option.

The axes all depend on what you classify a 'power' weapon. If Power fists are power weapons, then never use axes. If they aren't Power weapons, axes are good for AP and high strength, though unwieldy is a bit annoying.

What list are you running?

I'm not a fan of the hybrid unit. The only real thing you gain with it is the ability to target a second unit with a frag cannon, and for the price, it's rather expensive.

Honestly, I would just run them in three 2-man units rather than two 3-man. Give them Mauls or Axes to flavor, and use them as support/harassment teams. Split-fire versus enemy Bike units, and use Vengeance ammo; casualties are nice but you're more interested in threatening your opponent into using Jink/tossing out as many Leadership checks as you can. The average Eldar Scatpack is 3 models, so you only need one casualty for them to make a check. While Leadership 8 doesn't give stellar odds, when your opponent makes 4-6 such checks in a turn, he can be in for trouble. If you can grab a few ld penalties, that makes things even funnier.

>Introing a new guy to the game today at 1500
Seems a bit high don't you think?
Isn't 500 much more reasonable so he could actually learn and not get overwhelmed.

CAD
libby lvl 3 (rolled on diviniaton), hammer

5 paladins, apothecary, 2 psycannons, hammer

5 terminators, hammer, psycannon
5 terminators, hammer, psycannon

10 interceptors, 2 falchions, 1 hammer, 2 incinerators

2 dreadknights, teleporter, h. psilencers, h. incinerator, swords

Draigo

Built for killin nids slightly (especially divination for the hope to get ignores cover and the heavy psilencers). Don't worry we both slightly list tailor to each other.

Hey Veeky Forums,

I know we're all excited about the new releases, but I have something I feel I must share with this community.

I have lost a dear friend. It was sudden, and I don't really know what the fuck I'm going to do without him.

He loved 40k. In fact, he got me into it. He was so generous. Always getting me models, even when I didn't really need them. Just because I thought they were cool.

He was always so excited for the new releases. He just had to get everything. B@C, deathwatch, genestealer cults, you name it.

Then something went wrong. I saw the new thousand son releases. Knowing he'd be beside himself, I went to tell him. Then they told me he was dead. I just can't believe it. It doesn't seem real.

I'm not sure how I'll get by, but thank you for sharing all the good times, and the bad.

RIP Wallet. You were the greatest friend a guy could have.

Before the recent FAQs, having him in a squad of Deff Dreads could give him a cover save.

I mistyped, I'm sorry. I meant he's coming back to the game from 4th edition, but he's new to our store. He actually has much more stuff than I do.

That is way more money than I'm willing to spend and more points than I'm willing to put in. I just want to dip into daemons to have an odd distraction unit that might deliver some pain with the rending hits.

I'm not as happy that my Stormcast Liberator possessed and Prosecutor warp talons are gonna be useless now.

Well that's gonna suck then, no transports and can't assault from deep strike.
You'll be running at the enemy, losing half to shooting and over-watch and without the formation WS penalty, half of them will miss.

Hey, while there are GK players here, why would you not take Force Halberds? I know they're two-handed, but you don't get an extra attack with a sword anyway, right? Or am I missing something?

Thanks, good answers, dimensions I hadn't exactly considered.

I had forgotten all about power lances, but they would be better against MEQs indeed. I also do want to model a Black Templar as having a lance at some point, so there's that!

I was leaning towards power mauls (which I've never kitted a unit out with before) because I wanted to hit at initiative in order to make the unit less vulnerable to being swamped by GEQs and below, and I figured the extra strength would help if it ever came into contact with an MC or TEQs.

I agree with the second user's assessment of the hybrid unit. The only build I can visualise that being useful for is a triple-mixed squad of Infernus Bolter veterans and some Cyclone Terminators, to minimise the wasted firepower if the termies needed to target something heavy.

I'll have to try 2-man squads at some point, but thankfully the Deathwatch is very forgiving of making models serve multiple purposes, and the loadout between triple squads and double squads doesn't change at all.

Okay, question 100% answered. TYVM

Ashmantle in a Fast Attack drop pod is the tits (and also 300 points total but whatever)

You don't get an extra attack with the stormbolter, yes. So sword or halberd won't matter there. The reason to not take halberds is that if you really need the boost in strength you have hammerhand on all your units. 6 strength will double out T3 units and makes you wound against T4 units on a 2+. In addition, 2 points for a +1S weapon might not seem much, but it adds up. Lastly I just like swords better aesthetics wise.

Reason i usually hear is swords for cheap, falchion for chop, hammer for smash

halberd fall in the master of non gulch.

Just managed to score an old Thousand Sons dread off of Ebay.

Now I just need to work out what to do with it's arms, and consider any other little conversion accessories which may be handy.

Sounds like he failed his last armour save.
LOL

Do people actually buy every single release?

He is the Sons guardian. Ahriman trembles before him.

I know a guy who does. He pretty much gets a bit of everything and all the latest minigames. He even paints them right away. Absolute madman.

You'll want to give it a plasma cannon, that goes really well with thousand sons.

Probably one of the forge world close combat weapons, just because they're more distinct.

Accessories should be a tabard between the legs, consider extending a headdress above his head, and find some trinkets to stick to the arms to fit them better into the overall asthetic. Symbols and such.

Not every but GSC, Deathwatch and now Thousand Sons all have crisp as fuck models.

I'm tempted very much to do so with every boxed release. But Assassinorum is still in print, so hopefully there'll be good forewarning before the likes of Overkill do. I get the feeling GW likes the "boxed game" concept and isn't going to give it up for a long while.

If the models are good i usually pick up a box
If the army is cool i usually pick up any limited items and sit on them until the rules have been digested by WAAC faggots

>sit on them until the rules have been digested by WAAC faggots
Btu they just make everything shit.

How good are Decimator Daemon Engines? What weapons should they take?

I just noticed that they can be taken in a Daemons list.

He does have a point though: Once the WAACfags have picked the meat from the codex's bones, you have a pretty good analysis for what's utterly worthless, what's broken, and how to therefore construct a good middle of the road army whilst avoiding going too high or low by accident.

>Be careful of those you bully in highschool

Any based anons stolen the Planetary Onslaught, yet?
I think the Thousand Suns news was designed to drown out PO theft.

...Who gives a shit about PO?

It's just a consolidation of a bunch of existing books

It'll get posten when someone buys it, asking every thread doesn't do anything but paint you as a needy cunt.

This man took chaos once, and this is how he looks 10,000 years later.

Don't do chaos kids.

also some updates and scenarios but yeah,

>warp dust
>not even once

I'm not the user who asked last thread.

Ah right.

It'll get posted when someone buys it, asking every thread doesn't do anything but paint you as needy cunt(s).

Looks like he's been moving up in the world.

?
There's no pun here

I think that might be a 32mm, not a 40mm

So is it normal for Necrons to take almost no casualties? Reanimation Protocol basically save all the wounds I dished out. Even with 20-30 attacks. I think I removed like 3 models that game. It's a great start returning to the game.

>20-30 attacks
10-15 hits
5-8 wounds
3-4 failed saves
2-3 failed renimations

necrons are tough, gonna need instant death or ap1/2 to really make a dent

Necron Decurion makes necrons one of the hardiest armies in the game (outside of psychic shenanigans) Basic warriors having 4+ save and 4+++ RP makes them almost as tough as terminators. It gets even worse when you're talking about Wraiths combined with Orikan. It would take 33 bolters shots to do a single wound on such a unit.

Bane of (basic) necrons is close combat. Do enough wounds and they will break and cant run away easily with their shitty I2. Against Wraiths, shitcuntloads of high strength attacks, S10 or D.

Might aswell ask it here but realistically, would an ork even feel a gaurdsmens bayonet hitting them in the chest? Lore wise (Matt Ward writings anyway) says that they can shrug off normal wounds but would a bayonet even go through their chest? If it hit their heard would they drop right there or keep going
Spanks for any answers

If it stabbed them through the heart they would die. I think they feel pain and shit like most creatures its just the bigger and tougher dudes don't give as much of a shit.

Orks feel pain, they just don't go into shock. If you stab an ork or blow off an arm, he still feels it. He just doesn't care.

>taufag hasn't a single painted model
>brings a Riptide against Orks

Why I am I not surprised

Thanks dudes, I really dont want to imagine the toughness of other mary sue races but I will just imagine them to be the same

In the Sanctus Reach, a Big Mek had his block (literally) knocked off and didn't seem to feel a thing.

In fact, it was later re-attached to a new body and he was just fine afterward.

>Finally make headway on my Chaos army
>one unit left and it's fully painted.
>Sisters of Silences comes out and managed to pick up a knight for cheap.
>Suddenly discover new painting techniques that makes your inq Chimeras look dope.
>Can't stop working on them.

I was so close to having a fully painted army. Why am I cursed with the atention span of a goldfish.

See as much as I love Warhams, the retarded writing makes it hard to imagine the average strength/toughness of any living thing
>Oh you had a head blown off, it will regrow back
>You had your arm and leg torn off. Dont worry you are a superhuman who can clot wounds
>You sick of being a manlet? Just fight and grow in height and strength
Maybe 9 years of warhammer has gotten to me that it starting to fry my brain

you're facing a classic problem most encounter with 40k; trying to be realistic and trying to take it seriously

in universe it's grim but looking at it like a scifi setting shows how over the top and grim dark it is results in it being silly

Use choppy walkers with a decent front armour facing.
If you manage to snag wraiths with them, each wound that goes through kills a whole wraith. If they have reanimation protocols, can't remember if they do or not, S10 attacks will downgrade their save.

S8-10 AP2-3 pie plates are good for killing warrior mobs. IG do this very well.

> chaos causes the left handed to go right handed

Keep in mind Orks have a biology radically different from that of any Human. Also keep in mind they were a race engineered with such abilities in mind.

Space Marines too as I believe Eidolon had his head re-attached, though I suspect that wasn't natural given the corruption of the Emperor's Children.

It wouldn't be 40k if biology wasn't freakish or unnatural compared to that of a regular Human.

remember as well theyre fungus people with a reality warping psychic field, if they believe that they can just stitch their arm back on then it will work

I've been considering selling my Orks for a while. I've just lost that Orky feeling. I toyed around with the idea of Thousand Sons but the models sucked. Then came Magnus. And now new Rubrics, Exalted Sorcerers, and Scarab Occult. Bye bye, boyz. We had some alright times I guess.

All you long time ksons players can call me a bandwagon jumper if the rules turn out to be the new hot shit, but I don't care. I don't want to run the joke army anymore.

>Use choppy walkers

Isn't that a bit of a liability given warrior shooting auto-glances vehicles on 6s.

If it's anymore confusing, a Daemon can live without their skull.

A Bloodthirster in the Daemon World novels had his skull stolen by a Slaanesh Daemon Princess (?) and simply replaced it with a mechanical one.

do the confessors see the emperor as the physical form of the omnissiah like the mechanicum does?
or do they see him as just the emperor