Let's hear about your real life random encounters. Tell us about some strange...

Let's hear about your real life random encounters. Tell us about some strange, dangerous or otherwise interesting encounters that you have had.

Ive been stabbed by bikers.
Shot at by redneck Iraqis.
Been implicated in a jewelry heist.
Met a traveling warrior from far away seeking honor for his style of fighting.
And Im pretty sure Ive worked at a haunted shipyard.

Jesus man, either you didnt read the "real life" part or you arre straight up one of life's main character, damn

>a wild childhood bully appears!
>childhood bully is looking pensive!
>childhood bully used conciliate!
>user used catching-up!
>childhood bully is feeling a little better!
>user'S BRO used hostility!
>It was super effective!
>Childhood bully fled!

I hear ya buddy.
> fought russian mobster in eastern europe with a machete.
> survived mechanical explosion in northern Canadian mine. 48 metal pins extracted from chest and hands (thank the gods I covered my face)
> lived homeless for a year. Life saved by crows on 4 occasions.
> travelled through south america. Stole mayan relics for fun and profit.
> deep wreck diving. Many close calls there.
> nearly died of exposure on mongolian steppe. Saved by yak herders.
Never seen any paranormal stuff though. I'm envious. Only shifty 'black suits' g-men shit. And that doesn't count. Wrong kind of 'spooks'.

Once I was going back to uni, and came to a crossing, and this little thing was there barring my path.

It was raining and I was late, so I circled him and went on to catch my train. I bet the little fucker felt proud as hell, and surely went back to his friends telling how he defended The Crossing agains a huge giant in a fearsome battle under a torrential rain, or something.

A few years back I was on an overnight hike through some pretty heavily wooded bluffs. I ran into an older man with a rifle. He was pretty mad at me, because apparently I was trespassing (I'm 99% sure I was on the publicly marked trail). I tried to stay calm and polite, and after a minute of talking he lightened up. Didn't invite me to his crazy shack house or anything like that, but we stood around in the woods talking about the woods and fishing for a good hour or so, and then he led me off "his land". I went back to the area this last fall and found what I assume was his house, but it looked pretty abandoned. Never bothered to find out what happened to him.

Two black guys hit my gyros out of my hand (intentionally) while I was wearing Halloween makeup en route to back to a party from the gyros place.

Then they paid for it, apologized, we shook hands and they walked away.

Not very exciting, but I don't get out much.

Got that

>Grew up in an old shitty house with burial mound in the front yard, so we got haunted woods
>Had to hunt large pack of wild coyotes that were in the area, ended up raising one of the pups
>Neighbor was a hippy lady who considered herself a "shaman" she actually lad a license to be a shaman and could prescribe drugs with it, which she did a lot
>managed to acquire lots of her cool but useless magic-ey "cultural" things from her over the years, went with her on a cave dig to go collect up quarts crystals, came home with loads of them that we ended up selling for a lot
>one time had to scare away the meth addicts that would come out of the woods to steal things from a neighbor's shed, they mostly out came at night to grab anything they could get their fingers on
>groundskeeper at a cemetery we were visiting was drunk and immediately started shooting at us thinking we were some vandals, police arrived and had a shootout with the guy
>Discovered a cult gathering area in the woods behind a gas station, no cultists there at the time I looked I just wanted to know why there were always so many cars parked around this store that was always mostly empty, it had a weird concrete humanish-shaped statue and a bunch of log pews around it
>

>redneck Iraqis
u wot?

Who are you?

be me a few years ago, go to a classic car/motorbike show in town and take my boardtrack style cruiser bycicle. park it and go lookin at the cars and bikes on display. there is a ww2 bsa liberator bike wich i like very much. when i walk back to my bycicle i pass the owner of the ww2 bike, so i say 'i like your bike user', he replays with 'that cruiser yours? i also like your bike user' we talk a bit about the vehicles on display and then he invites me home for some coffee

turns out he's an ex marine with a fasination for ww2 vehicles and old things in general (mainly electrity/radio and early internal combustion engines) we have been friends since that day

On /k/ there's this one story that gets posted sometimes about a marine hanging out with some buddies during their off time and they get approached by a random stranger asking them to come help him shoot mobsters.

Anybody got that one?

I spent years trying to figure that out.
Then I stopped caring.
I am me, that's probably the best I can do.

What are you even asking? Why my life is like this? Probably I inherited it. My Dad is the same way. Real-life indiana jones.

>Life saved by crows on 4 occasions
You can't just drop a line like that and not expand at least a little on it, user.

One hell of a legacy.

Fuck, my life sounds boring compared to some of these.

Hmm. Well...

>Was a soldier through most of that recent unpleasantness in Iraq. Log-dog, with all that entails.
>Spent a lot of time exploring abandoned buildings, some structurally unsound and probably used as meth labs in the past.
>Run-ins with violent hobos while exploring abandoned buildings.
>Lots of creepy possibly haunted woods.
>Nearly got et by a cougar in one of those woods.

>used to be security at a chicken processing plant
>night shift
>have to patrol every hour and check in at stations with some magnet reader
>several of the magnet stations are outside the plant
>headed for the first one outside, pass a circle of alternating toads and beetles surrounding a sparrow
>they ignore me, all just face the bird that makes no attempt to escape
>move along, check the station
>come back to find dead sparrow and nothing else
>next station at far end of the property, drive up in security car
>get out, check station, turn around to black goat between me and the car
>go around and enter car from other side, never take eyes off goat
>speed to next station
>goat is there again as soon as I get the magnet swipe
>get the hell back to the building, one station left
>station is on a lamppost, huge black dog next to it
>hope it's a dog, huskies are that big and look like wolves I tell myself
>drive up so I can get the station without leaving the car
>back in security shack, look out at parking lot
>can't figure out why one shadow is taller than the car casting it
>realize shadow is between car and light source
>shadow moves its head to look at me
>get the fuck inside ASAP
>ten minutes later go look outside
>big black clydesdale

I was so relieved I forgot to tell the next guard on shift about the horse. Very soon heard about how he has a phobia of horses.

What can I say? The thread of crows through my life has been a theme. I'm still trying to work out if this is a First Nations spiritual thing or a Norse thing. Just in case, my belief system is a mishmash of both.

> About to get cut up by a couple other homeless over my tent
> Crows descend on them
> Bring family heirloom club against bum#1s knee while distracted
>
> Bums flee

> January and still homeless
> getting colder and sleepier, wonder if I'm dying
> crows all flying alongside creek
> follow them, because why not
> crows all chilling on warehouse loading dock. Garage doors have been left open
Hid in that cozy warm warehouse in the middle of nowhere for like a week.

> Starving to death
> "welp, this is the end"
> crow lands with cigarette pack in beak. Drops it, cleary deciding it is not food, and leaves.
> frantically check for cigarette (still smoked then) no cigarettes. Pull out foil liner to make ghetto pipe for tobacco scraps.
> $100 bill
> get cleaned up
> go to library
> get job online
And that is how I ceased to be homeless.

> walking home from bar in europe
> turn down shortcut beside my building
> crows above go apeshit. Trusting my crowsense, I go the long way around.
> comfy at home, I look out my window, down into alley.
> dozen skinheads.

And those aside, pretty much every time something goes right for me, meeting my wife, our wedding, career sucess, and so on... crows are around. Even in countries I was not aware had crows (caribbean islands, asia, egypt. Never thought these places had crows.)

I'd like to join this crow religion of yours.

I can post a few relatively rare screencaps I've collected if you want.

>have to jimmy lock on neighbor's shed to get cat out
>using a shard of plastic from a busted storage box he'd tried to block up the hole the cat went in through with
>open door, takes, like, three seconds; the lock is fine, but the gap between the door and the jamb is too wide
>push door open, stop
>weird dark shape in corner, like a guy hunched over, seems to be working on something
>shape, "sighs," pretty deeply then disappears
>like the kind of morose, despondent sigh you get from someone that's done something dozens of times over, and it never helps
>cat sitting on edge of wood floor, half-way onto the dirt floor where the lawnmower and four wheeler are parked
>staring at the exact same spot I was
>looks at me, then back at the spot
>Finally mutter, "Let's go, cat, get back to the house."
>He walks out under the floorboards
>I shut the door behind me, follow the cat to the house

>wake up from a nightmare
>guy with grayish, dead-looking skin screaming in a loud baritone at me
>can't make out what he's saying, but there's reason to it
>also a lot of hatred
>stare at door, push myself against headboard
>not sleep paralysis
>very angry feeling from door, barely perceptible growling noise
>get angry
>"No. Fuck off. This isn't your house anymore, you have no right to be here."
>growling goes away, anger seems to be simmering
>"This is not your place anymore. In the name of God, I demand that you leave."
>slowly fades away

>taking a nap on the couch, dog sleeping on other end of couch
>wake up to weird noise, like warping metal or plastic
>no source of noise
>dog starts growling, lunges at the arm of the couch I'm leaning on, pushes couch up against window
>look out window
>weird distortion in front yard, assume that it's the window screening
>remember that there's only screen on one window
>it's not the window I'm looking out of
>warps a bit the sucks into itself, vanishing
>dog constantly barking, suddenly stops, confused
>looks at me
>"I don't know either."

Please

Fuck, the shit in this thread has given me inspiration to go find some adventure.

Coworker was leaning behind some filing cabinets and got stuck so I helped her out.
Later it happened again only this time she handed me a subway bag full of pokemon cards as a reward.

> Gap year
> Riding buses across America
> On packed bus
> Stuck at the back next to a crazy jesus lady
> JESUS GOT PLANS FOR YOU, BOY! HE GOT BIG PLANS FOR YOU!
> A few hours later, get on the wrong bus, separated from my luggage, half of it's never seen again, then end up on a terrorism/immigration watchlist, pretty much entirely due to trying to improvise international travel.

> Another trip to the US
> Wandering around a strange town with a couple of friends
> Come across a bus stop plastered with union protest signs
> Nobody else in sight
> Later, come across boardwalk going into a forested area
> Follow it without question

> Staying in san francisco briefly
> Grab lunch, sit in a park and watch traffic/people
> Man in a kilt wanders up, starts playing bagpipes in the street
> Small crowd forms around him, instead of fleeing in terror as is proper

> At anime con, dressed as catboy
> Literally trip over a girl sitting on the floor
> Apologise, draw on her sign as requested, chat briefly
> Go out to investigate noise of revelry later
> Cry of 'KITTY!'
> It's the girl from before.
> Insists I hold her eevee while she does something stupid
> And thus begun a long-term friendship
> Most of which neither of us remembers due to drunkenness

> At same con, different year
> Come across girl in alternative fashion
> Compliment her hair and boots, keep mouth shut about the tits
> Out drinking later
> Literally trip over her while looking for someone else
> Decide to settle as invited
> Made another long-term friend

> Wandering around Liverpool late at night
> Grab a pizza from a kebab shop, pick a direction, walk.
> Girl wanders up to me, starts chatting
> Bums a couple of slices off me, invites me to hang out with her at her place and have a few drinks
> Borrows my phone to call her weed dealer
> Asks me to wait for her somewhere while she gets drinks
> 30 minutes later, I realise I'm stood in the middle of a goddamn ghetto, and leave.

Had to run all around town from cops while carrying a portable car fridge shaped like a quarterkeg I won in a pub drink-off when I was 15.
Had to go home from a night of clubbing through the woods because the town was in complete lockdown because of some black market gun runner bust.
I talked a bad guy to tears.
Found an injured baby lynx in the woods and nursed him and had him as a pet for years.
Talked my way out from being held at gunpoint from a drug deal gone bad.

So this happens in my Junior year of university at my Alma Mater, which will go unnamed.

>Leaving a gas station near my apartment on a Friday, some drunk guy stops me as I'm coming out the door, his two buds nearby.
>This guy is pretty much the image of a frat boy and smelling of booze.
>I'm a pretty slight guy all things considered, so I wasn't up to shove my way past.

>He suddenly puts his hand on my shoulder, and I start making judgements about how fast I can run relative to these guys.
>The drunk dude says, "Bro," and looks me dead in the eye, his body language demanding I look at him.
>I'm 100% sure he's about to threaten me.

>I'm at a bit of loss for words, trying to figure out what he wants me to say, and he frowns, and says, "Bro," again, this time a bit more harshly.
>So I think 'Fuck it' and play along.
>"Yeah?"
>He looks at me dead in the eye and says, "Merry Christmas."
>Then, while I'm trying to process that, he and his bros leave.

Fucking weird.
IT WAS OCTOBER

Fighter
Low level wizard
Not sure if rogue or wizard
Commoner
Ranger
Commoner
Ranger, deffo
Commoner
Fighter
Fighter
Druid?
Rogue
Anime MC
Rogue
Low level wizard

Would this be correct?

>"This is not your place anymore. In the name of God, I demand that you leave."
I wasn't aware Rogues had access to Turn Undead. Must gave been Use Magic Device,

No, real life is not a classed system.

>Anime MC
Kinda. I have the special snowflake distinct style, and attract other wierdos. I've even trained in martial arts and ride a motorcycle.
Admittedly, mass-market karate and a 125cc Honda, but it's a start.

>UK
>Cycling outside of town
>See a wildcat
>Cycle off like armstrong on drugs
>Later read a news report confirming one had escaped from a zoo

>Obligatory employment training scheme
>Everyone but me is a middle aged or older degenerate
>Giant man sitting across from me comments that he can't find a job because he was arrested for terrorism; elaborates on the details
>A woman talks about disciplining her son with extreme violence
>Short dog-faced man pulls a knife on me because of a disagreement during one of the exercises
Treasure_isalnd_barscene.png

The aforementioned exercise was a theoretical air-plane crash; we had to prioritise items and decide on a course of action. I listed blankets/clothes as a high priority given the temperature drop at night, which spurred the manlet to accost me. "Clothes in the desert, are you a spastic?" For a course of action, I said we should remain by the crash site, waiting for rescue, which is when he pulled out the knife and said he was going to stab me on account of my stupidity.

I wouldn't want to play a tabletop game with them.

>>See a wildcat
I used to have a cat that was a walking random encounter.
People would be walking along, somewhat drunk after leaving the pub, or just tired from being on a train. They'd walk through an unlit park surrounded by houses. Then this gigantic cat would trot across their path, looking and acting a lot like a panther. In the dark with no natural light around, they'd misjudge the distance and think 'escaped big cat'.
He'd go out at commute and pub closing times, and come back with a smug air about him.
There was even a brief 'beast of X' scare, until my mother called the local paper and explained that he was simply an oversized black housecat.
Norwegian forest cats best cats. Big, with two coats of long fur that makes them super fluffy and soft.

I think you might be the Favored Soul of Odin or something.

Very relaxed for a guy who encountered fucking Satan

One time I was going for a walk and I heard a donkey. I didn't know there were any donkeys around there.

Welcome. But the call isn't mine to make. Go befriend crows. Or pray to Odin or *****

You should. "Boring people lead boring lives". Saw that here, and it made me chuckle.
So many people expect adventure to fall into their laps. It doesn't work that way. You have to say "I wonder what the Gobi desert looks like up close?" And then rather than book a tour, just get a flight there. No planning. Bring cash, or something you could hock, like jewellery. Or on a day to day basis, when you pass a creepy path on the way home that you never noticed before, take it. It doesn't matter if you had shit to do, this could be better!
Adventure starts with your mindset.

And don't be afraid to drag your friends into adventure with you. They may not appreciate it at first. Sometimes you'll be labelled 'flakey' or 'trouble' but in the long term, they'll start to generate adventure as well, and come to be thankful for the excitement you brought to their lives. I have gotten my closest friends both into, and out of, some insane and potentially deadly situations, and it's created an unbreakable bond of friendship.

>dat last story
You very nearly got rolled, friendo.

You are now obligated to do this to someone else. To pass the weirdness on. Bring a tiny bit of adventure to someone else's life.

Not sure how accurate you could be. You gave me three classes. Wizard, rogue or druid.

Could be. Had an tungsten amulet made of Gungnir, once I made some money.
I pray on it for luck. It hasn't failed me yet.

i know who you are fucker, give back the Mayan relics hijo de tu puta madre

>be 16 with friend at rave
>drop acid
>rave ends, late night Toronto bus home ~2am
>old man comes up to us wearing trenchcoat
>"hello, would you kids like some cookies?"
>we look at each other
>"hell yes we would!"
>"okay then, would you like peanut butter, chocolate chip, or macadamia?"
>I pick peanut butter, friend pick chocochip
>"alright then, I'll have the peanut butter"
>he reaches into his trench coat pocket, pulls out three cookies
>the cookies aren't wrapped, they were just in his pocket
>we eat them
>he leaves
>we survive
I have no idea what the fuck it is about psychedelics but I swear that they create a magnet for weird shit around you.

Those weren't cookies, and that wasn't an old man. It was probably a vending machine.

> Go out to see nerdy weebshit with friends
> Train home alone because I live a station before them, and my ticket explicitly said 'not via the main station'.
> Wandering around platform trying to stay warm
> Offered weed by random black guys
> Next day, off to america
> Hauled aside by customs and interrogated, specifically about weed
> Didn't make the connection until I returned home two weeks later.

Let's see...

>Live in a house which was both haunted and favored by house elf.
>Both ghost and elf move to new house once dad accidently knocks down the old one.

>ghost is pretty chill, always looking at something.
>once looked at aquarium
>once looked at oven
>once was outside looking at the car. Showed me a mugshot of a game character before disappearing.
>it was from Undertale before Undertale was a thing

>Tell mom about ghosts
>Mom tells me that she can't go to a certain house without feeling really unwelcome.
>it's because her uncle or someone else related bought the plot with blood money.
>her grandma told her that that house will be cursed on her deathbed.

>be kid me, at amusement park.
>go to one of those jungle gyms
>meet with kids, make awkward small talk.
>their eyes glow as they stare at me.
>probably just a light trick, convinced kid me that they were vampires.

>again, kid me.
>play with Beyblades with friend.
>they just circle each other around the edges of the circular arena (snow dish), we're both out of the way.
>suddenly mine jolts across the arena, turning at a perfect 90 degree angle, hits friend's top out of the arena
>we play it off as a special ability or something, it was when the anime was poplar here.

>speaking of tops, be kid me again.
>playing with tops with another friend
>friend heads home, takes bag of tops he brought with him
>tomorrow morning, same bag is on the sofa
>friends swear up and down that they have theirs.
>family swears up and down that all of that was left in the attic, they just brought it from there.
>can't be, some of the stuff was too new to be that old.

>playing games in the upstairs room
>dad's talking downstairs with someone.
>go down there
>nobody in
>"lol, dad probly got a call and left somewhere"
>dad comes back, tell him about it.
>he hasn't been in the house since before i woke up.

I was the random encounter.
A bicyclist Called me fat while I was walking to the flgs, and I started chasing him terminator style.
I was gaining, too. Unfortunately, we hit a downwards hill and He got away.

So, yeah. Chased by an enraged tubman.

I worked with a white supremacist black guy. He was a part time dish washer and part time school bus driver. He wore a hot pink vest that said "party bus" in bedazzling on the back over his street clothes while he drove. Came to work with ten gallon get and cowboy boots on every day. He put steer horns on the front of his bus, and the school let him keep it cause it wasn't worth the fight. Same with him driving the empty bus around as primary transportation. Said weird shit to pretty servers like "if I wasn't some shit skin, I'd show you a great time, but race mixin' is devil's own hand in this world". Had a swastika tattoo on the back of his left calf, and a hammer and sickle on his right shoulder and right calf cause the one wasn't enough. Sang beautifully, favoring German opera and Russian propaganda tunes. I had to explain to him that while the second amendment many he had the right to bare arms, loaded fire arms were not permitted at work, especially unregistered ones. Let it go after he put the barrel to the gut of a mouthy spic cook and told him to "mind himself around his betters" I.e. me and other crackers.

If he is still alive, id be shocked.

maet a dog
dog angry
got my cart part
hit dog by cart part
dog away
bring more dog
flee run from them
lost my carts part

Nothing too special.

>Chased by skunk in amusement park
>Fought off pack of coyotes
>Fed a possum
>River crocodile
>Walked through Forest of Raining Spiders
>Found ruins of colonial outpost
>Helped stray cat give birth
>Stared down buck during mating season
>Potential ghost on Halloween/hallucination from exhaustion
>Grew up in apparently haunted house
>Dead body in Dairy Queen dumpster
>Rode on a brigantine
>Scared off bobcat
>Interviewed by local newspaper for taking pictures of fish
>Mistook rock for bear at night and lost respect of friends
>Befriended ghost cat on Halloween who was never seen again

was a mormon missionary. non stop random encounters. For context I served in Costa Rica.

anyway

>be me in Los Santos, a region in the mountains named that because every village is named after a catholic saint
>each day I walk across 2-3 small mountains to get to the valleys beyond them (people would steal the bike seats so no bikes)
>one day walking to San Lorenzo about 4 valleys over and hear the clip clop of horse steps behind me
>dont think anything of it because there are a lot of farmers who use their horses to get around
>this continues for about 30 minutes, horse steps keep getting closer.
>I dont turn around because a lot of these farmers like to mess with us
>horse steps are almost right on top of me, I can feel the horses breath
>finally get pissed and turn around to tell the owner to back off
>no owner, just a random horse
>I shout "what" the horse rears up and whinnies before running off into a field.
>for the next 3 hours the horse is running/walking nearby
>poking it's head out of cornfields
>running through an intersection ahead of us
>running into a church with open doors because of a wedding and getting chased out

Funny stuff

This is my favorite post so far because I could totally see this as a screwy enemy in an RPG.

Hahaha, come find me, faggot.
Please know that your history bought me a sweet house in the backwoods, and started my gun collection.
If you want it back, you'll have to ask around with about a dozen rich white people across central america.
If you cared about your relics that much, they'd be in museums, not scattered around abandoned digsites and ruins.

I can't interpret this.

I too worship crows in one form, they and their gods know what's up, they are saviors for those who respect them.

More

>find dead bodies of puppies all the time in the mountains because the people are so bored. they cover the puppies in gasoline and set them on fire and then watch them run around

>serve in the southwest near the Osa Peninsula (Golfito, Puerto Jimenez) and spend 4 hours on a bus to get to El Rio Tigre to spend another 4 hours to find a pig farmer and invite him to church

>pig farmer is named Jesus (english pronunciation) and has jars filled with gold he has picked off his clothes washing them in the river. he cant sell it because it is illegal to do so (he was living in a national park), but he complains of drug cartels passing by to pan for gold all the time

>knock on one house up in the mountains of Los Santos. Nice house, didnt anything weird was going on. The door opens and the inside is a shell, just a wood framework without even drywall. Lots of guys with guns and 2 guys are sitting around a fold out table that has 1 pistol and bags of something white sitting on it. They are just as surprised as we are. Say "we'll come back later" and they nod and close the door. Never go back

>walking through the slums of San Jose and see a man and a woman sitting on the ground holding hands and with their feet pressed together. Both are pulling on the other one and as we walk by they lose their grip and fling backwards on the ground. Man is redfaced, woman is sobbing. Another man walks up and shouts "Juevon!" before knocking out the guy on the ground and picking up the girl

>knock the pistol out of a guy's hand who was trying to mug us, find out later he had gotten beaten to an inch of his life by the local gang because messing with a priest of any religion was considered way bad mojo

more incoming post too long

>visiting a drug addict in the hospital, skin looked like crocodile leather and was peeling off. he was terrified of seeing his old friends because they'd want him to do more drugs.

>hospital door guard that would try to prevent us from entering even though it is illegal to stop a priest to meet with someone. got to the point where we would just push him out of the way and walk by

>in Limon some years ago there was an earthquake that hit the area. took whole sections of the coral reef and pushed it above the water. fun to walk on, like the bones of an alien planet

>one day Im walking across the coral for the heck of it and get hit by a wave. laugh and let another wave hit me. scream "come at me!" and get knocked on my ass by a huge wave. turns out coral is sharp and it slices straight through my skin on my hand between my thumb and fingers, showing the muscles and tendons below as my skin hangs loosely. stuff hand in shirt and make it to the hospital.

>guard at the hospital sees my pale face and pushes me to the front of the line. receptionist looks at me with a bored expression and asks for identification. with one hand bleeding profusely in my shirt I use my other hand to grab my wallet in my pocket on the opposite side and open it up. struggle to open the paperwork. guy behind counter just stares at me

>finally get through and are told to stand in the hallway for 30 mins. finally a doctor walks by, asks me if I've been taken care of and takes me into a room and stitches me up

>never get a bill

>Out for a 4 am walk because I wanted a cigarette
>Walking through an alleyway when a sketchy homeless-looking guy runs up
>"Ey brudda you gotta cig er wut dere ne'remin'd?"
>Tell him I do, reach in pocket, remove smokes
>Dad once told me "muggers will sometimes ask for a smoke so you're distracted" so I keep paying attention to the guy
>He removes a small folding knife from his pocket without saying anything
>I say, "Hey man, put the knife away before somebody gets hurt"
>He does
>Thanks me for the smoke and walks off

lel

>In small town with friends
>Designated driver
>Suddenly, cherries in the rear view
>For some fucking retarded reason I decide I'm Senna and going to run (no idea why)
>Dart down a succession of alleyways, can't lose the cops, decide to pull over
>Officer approaches the window with his hand on his holster
>"What was that about? You trying to run?"
>"Oh I saw a commercial the other day about how drunk drivers run cops over while they're pulling people over. So I decided to find a safe spot to stop. You know, since there are a lot of drunks at that dance over there."
>He thanks me and lets me off after confirming I'm the DD

>Walking dog late at night
>Suddenly out of nowhere two huge guys run up, one pushes me
>Shout something about how I did something to some girl and they're going to kill me
>Don't want doggo getting hurt so I decide to be Obi-Wan
>"I am not the guy you are looking for."
>They both stop and look at each other, one says "you sure?"
>I repeat "I am not the guy you are looking for"
>They leave without saying anything

I have 0 charisma so I don't know how any of those worked

I had a bus ride with a guy who was in those Mascot Costumes for a local Fast Food Chain (Jolibee, none of you probably heard of it). I had no idea why but he chatted me up and told me his life story. From what he told me the pay was crap but the management often gives him tons of freebies for his family like unsold toys, Chicken Joys, Hamburgers, and shit

>Be 15, walking to my bus stop from school. Small south UK city, nothing interesting ever happens.
>Group of older teen girls sat on a stone staircase across the street laugh loudly, and I'm guessing they were laughing at me for some reason.
>One gets up and runs over to me, totally pretty brunette, and asks, smiling, if she can show me her pussy.
>To this day I think I handled myself pretty well. Said "no objections here!".
>She pulls down her trousers/panties, flashes the first real life vagina I've ever seen, and then says "Thanks!" And runs back to her friends. They all explode into laughter.
>Keep on walking.
I'm guessing it was a dare or something. But damn, was my randomly lucky day.

>walking down the street with brother
>3 hoodlums appear!
>start talking shit, being hoodlums
>call them all faggots
>3 vs 1 fight
>fight was about even- they were intimidated
>taken down
>they start kicking me while I was down - no longer intimidated
>Brother joins the fray
>3 vs 2 fight
>Brother gets nog in standing armlock
>I knock out the skinny kid
>Third guy trying to make peace now that we dominated the fight
>let them go and they tend to their buddy
>Go home amped up and hit the heavy bag

OFW

Monk life

When you're down to working security, even Satan's not as scary as losing your paycheck.

And that's when user had a vision.

Colonize. Mars.

>Be walking down sidewalk
>Homeless man passes walking the other way
>Homeless man is carrying glass pickle jar full of either pickle juice, or piss
>Probably piss
>Homeless man mumbles something as he passes me
>Demand to know what he just said
>Homeless man turns around
>"ARE YOU WITH BLACK OPS?"
>Crazy eyes
>Stare back at him
>Don't want to be murdered
>"No man. I'm cool."
>"Keep your eyes peeled, they're everywhere."
>We each go our separate ways

>Random drunkard with a cigarette approaches me and friend
>tries putting it out on me
>ask him what the hell his doing
>he tries to convince me it would be a great story if I let him put out his cigarette on my nip
>somehow convince him it would be an even a better story if he put it out on his own nip
>he fucking does it
That was a weird day

Damn, Veeky Forums.

What's the best way to start out being a traveling adventurer?

Smoke weed/get drunk

Adventure begins when you do this and then you decide to go see what is over there behind the building/house/tower/woods/fence etc

Out of all the stories here that didnt happen.
This is the didnt happenest

Every damn thing in this thread didn't happen user. It's all crap by people that have not left their rooms in the last 6 months.

Are you telling me
>Captain badass that fights random a-rabs for fun
>the guy who fights the mafia
>the great navajo coyote hunter
>backstreet Batman who fistfights gangs with his FISTS
>guy who gets into adventures fighting cartels in south america
>ghost whisperer
>The Crow
>and ghost fighting night watchman
are anything but complete and total shit drivel from some disturbingly unimaginative minds?

Did some thing like that once
>walk into bathroom to clean it
>I hear a growling in my ear so close I feak the hair around my ear move
>tell it to fuck off I'm busy

Crits of course

I am working security right now and I'm laughing to hide the tears

I can't speak to any of the others, but
And
Are my life. If they didn't happen, then it raises disturbing questions about the nature of consciousness and memory. Just because that user leads a boring existence, is no reason to project that shit onto people that actually do shit with their lives

Don't do this.
The best adventures are stone cold sober. Go adventuring, THEN get messed up with your new friends.
Drunk/high adventures are always shit that is amazing to you, but mundane as fuck to anyone else.
>DUDE WE MET A WIZARD AT THE 7/11!!!
>You met a bum while you were high, you idiot.
Sober adventures mean you put effort into it.

>step1: amass some cash. Maybe 2k.
>step2: pick a country
>step3: fly/boat/bus there, ask around about employment
Or
>step3: arrange to meet employer in said country, then go.
>step4: survive. Do anything that strikes you as interesting. Wander off from time to time.
>step5: when the work no longer pays enough, or you get bored, look up local travel options. Take the cheapest form of travel to an adjacent country and wing it.

I should probably mention you'll need a passport. As far as travel or work visas go, a lot of countries don't ask, or you can bribe your way into one. So worry about that shit as you go along. If anyone asks why you are in country, ALWAYS say you're a tourist. Never talk to government officials unless you absolutely have to. Never indicate that you have any money.

Anyways... sorry for the blog post, but I was typing on the train. Can maybe deliver on some of my wild claims when I get home if people are really that skeptical about it.

Pic is me administering field medicine to a friend who got run off the road in S.America

I once had to beat a homeless man with a bike.

In another incident I had to kick a homeless man down the spiral steps of a stone tower.

I once watched a child run full speed, bent over at the waist, into a brick wall.

I watched a fat chick jump from a third story balcony.

I once watched a group of 4 men fight a homeless guy after yelling "show us your dick" at him

>I watched a fat chick jump from a third story balcony.
How big was the crater?

I've had, and been a random encounter at times. In highschool I was very quiet, and unconsciously stealthy. My friends threatened to make me wear a bell collar.

>my sister gets ahold of some lighter fluid. Aftetr setting my desk on fire I insist we play outside. She brings along a cute friend, and we run into a buddy of mine at the park.
>there we are spraying designs in the concrete, and grass, then setting it on fire. A neighbor comes out and tries to stop us. My sister and her friend start throwing lit matches at the woman.
>few minutes later two cruisers arrive. One of the officers is my friends uncle, he gets pulled aside. The rest of us are ordered to get in line, and the cops start to pat us down.
>my sister managed to ditch the lighter fluid, but our pockets are still full of matches, lighters, and candles. When the cops get to me they look around me, and then move on. Somehow their perception was forcing them to ignore the spot in which i was standing.

She jumped into a freshly tilled flower bed, so it was actually pretty deep, like 4ish inches

Next encounter.

>my friends and I are hanging by the football field after dark, drinking and smoking. Rather than using the benches we are hanging out in the trees. A few folks walk by, finally a couple sits down on a nearby bench.
>I don't know how we coordinated it, but we all jumped out of our perches. The couple is visibly wigging out, and we turn and vanish into the night.

>a group of us are exploring the woods behind my girlfriend's house. We come across a clearing that does not feel right. Everyone is looking skittish. Suddenly i feel this numbing coldness. It feels like an attack on a physical, mental, and emotional level. We book the hell out of there.

>not long after that my girlfriend's "sensitive" friends begin to get headaches and bloody noses around me. One of them wants nothing to do with me. Before i was pretty good at taking care of house plants, now everything withers and dies after a few days.
>none of this feeling at all out of the ordinary. I feel fine.

>officer on a survey ship
>been questioned by Russian navy, twice
>chased out of Columbia by the Columbian navy
>fought a fire
>held hostage in UAE for a few days
>fought someone trying to board the ship
>nearly washed off the ship twice
>fell between the ship and the pier, nearly crushed by the ship

All this since 2012

I once saw a hobo hit a businessman with a ukulele.

>fell between the ship and the pier, nearly crushed by the ship
Your shipslut just wanted some snuggles.

>5th grade. I had found some books on vampire lore. Convinced one of my classmates is a nosferatu. Pale, never eats in the cafeteria, nor goes out for recess. I start taking notes, and making a plan of action. The furthest i got was stashing garlic in her desk. I abandon the plan when she starts paying attention to me. Smiling, and even talking to me. I am convinced she plans on turning me, so i start hiding from her.
>i run into her years later. Turns out she had a crush on me. No one paid her much attention, so the weird crap i was pulling was a welcome change.

I was a pretty messed up kid back then.

My life is a random encounter:
>I live in a half ghetto half university town in the middle of the sketchiest part
>literally down the street from crack houses, needles and shit on the ground, with weekly police visits
>prostitutes constantly walk up and down the street by the sketchy quick mart turning tricks for double doubles
>one time the whole street was blocked off while they searched the biggest crack house for weapons
>another time a group of students were in my sketchy ass tree with powerlines running through it at 2am, which is right in front of my bedroom
>in the middle of winter some extremely cute and extremely drunk girl knocked on my door at 1am and refused to take no for an answer, arguing for almost 30 minutes that my house was her house before calling me an asshole stumbling away through the snow
>last week people were doing sewer work, blocked off the street, and some dumb ass went down the blind hill and plowed into their vacuum thing, shooting poo everywhere on my neighbors property
>some guy used to get drunk and argue with his woman about smokes really early on Monday mornings
>we play a game called gunshot or fireworks, where you try and guess if a bang was a gun, or fireworks before the sirens show up
>our upstairs neighbour in our duplex had a little tipsy dog that would bark for 9 hours a day while her hooker owner was out, and eventually snuck it chocolate wrapped bacon
>the worst part is, my house is pretty nice, the property is large, rent is pretty cheap, and I live right by a beautiful river right outside cottage country

>taking out the recycling
>it's not even five minutes away
>almost trip on a rock, forcing me to look down
>BAM, hawk standing right in front of me, completely calm
>just staring at me for whatever reason
>back away slowly and calmly, so as not to provoke it
>it doesn't follow

There was also the time when I was a kid when I literally tripped over a fossilized bacterial colony. I still have it in my room.

>Double doubles
Are you talking about burgers, coffee, drugs, or some ghetto thing?

Coffee from Tim Horton's with two cream and two sugar.

>take out the garbage one day
>hear a strange, warped mechanical tune
>turn to see the road, find what looks like an icecream truck
>but it's windows are smeared with blood, the paint is crumbling off sore-like rust lesions, the grill is broken and bent like rotted teeth, and the music it was playing was warped and distorted like the chanting of the damned put through text-to-speech
>I could not see that there was a driver

also

>bike up to Walgreens, park my bike, walk in front of a dude
>shades, motorcycle leathers, bulky chest, either latinx or indigenous
>takes one look at me and says

"DEATH."

>stop and stare.

"What, dude?"

>not even looking at me

"I said 'what's up,' man."

>go into the store and get my fucking happy cola gummies thinking I met an actual shadowrunner waiting for a Johnson

Not going to mention anything that happened during my service time.
Sorta cheating.
A fight on the battlefield hardly counts as a random encounter.

Let's see, helped a guy who was nearly drowned by the catfish he was trying to take in.
Helped a local posse catch a wanted rapist. The random encounter part was his failed attempt to acquire my truck, followed by allowing him to keep my hunting knife, as it was buried in his knee.
Was the random encounter for some stoners in an abandoned asylum. I was harvesting copper when they decided to hang out and get high. Best pretend haunting I've ever pulled off.
Got to help a very lost young lady from Korea, her father was guest speaking at a local school, and she was separated. Some of the locals, for reasons I still do not understand, mistook her for Hispanic and tried to accost her. That was fun.
Out deer hunting on a friend's farm when one of the local wild pigs came after me. Vet said it had rabies, I still think he just didn't want to share the meat.
Was walking home from the theatre one night when, as near as I can tell, a junkie tried to mug me. Bastard left some nasty scars on my thumb, which he tried to bite off like he was gollum and I was wearing his precious.
Gave a lady hitchhiking home one night a ride. I was headed from Kansas City to San Francisco and I picked her up in Colorado. She said she just needed to go as far west as possible. I got her all the way to half moon bay. We got out to watch the sunset. I went back to the Jeep to get a blanket for her. When I turned back, she was gone. Would have just wrote her off as a hallucination, but the jacket I had lent her was gone too. No body down the cliff. Not even tracks in the sand nearby.
Helped a leper to a hospital in Morocco.
Met someone I had an old grudge against at a bar. He had gotten lazy while I had been getting stronger. He should have just left the past alone, but sometimes, methheads gotta run their snaggletoothed mouths.

I had christmas dinner with some hippie cult leader one time. Wasn't part of the cult, my relatives brought him along.

I got kicked out of Peru for pulling my arse out at maccu picchu

And accidentally walked through a ghetto dressed as the American flag

That's all I can remember on the spot

This is almost the entire Uncharted series. Just missing desert shenanigans.

>Late one night.
>The dogs are barking like mad in the backyard.
>I can hear them hitting the fence and howling.
>Get my gun and go to a window where I can peak out.
>Fence is tall but I can just barely see something out beyond the perimeter.Too near my dogs for my liking
>Turn on the bigger lights.
>The good news is that it was actually not as near my dogs as I originally thought it was.
>Bad news is the figure is actually what looks like a kid wearing a hoodie with some kind of blunt object on his back dragging a dog carcass behind him.
>Dead eyes in my general direction(I hope) until I turn the lights back off.

Are you me?

>Ice cream truck of the damned
That would certainly make for a memorable DH opponent.

I came home to a man robbing my house once. He feigned that he was just checking in on my house Good Samaritan style after seeing the front door busted in. I don't know what stupidity possessed me to ask him this, but I requested to check his bag before he left and he just said "no, it's full of guns" at which point I diplomatically ushered him out. He had a palm tattoo of a flaming skull in a kaiser helmet and a tattoo of a barebreasted woman on his arm. It was an incredibly surreal encounter that I'm thankful ended so peacefully.

He was apparently in the middle of dragging my TV to my car with the intention of stealing both using a valet key. He did manage to get away with a few electronics, but nothing irreplaceable.

Successfully fought a45 minute fighting retreat against eight feral street youths, bloodied at least two.

Met and befriended a motorbike riding Hacker/Tech head who grows pot in an abandoned victorian walled guardian; still don't know his real name, but he built me a PC that goes like hot shit though.

Fortified the same walled garden into a base, occupied it intermittently for eight months, had cookouts and watched meteor showers, I saw a shooting star make a 90 degree direction-change, which baffles me to this day.

He was just getting some skittles, user, don't worry

>latinx
Stop this

I had a fucking terrifying encounter when I was a teenager. First month living in my own, new place in Chicago.
I'd come in late and headed straight into the shower, and when I came out, noticed my front door was open. I closed it, thinking I was an idiot, and immediately turned around to find a guy leaving with my laptop. He just stared at me, I was naked and 19 and probably looked terrified, because I was. I just backed up against the wall and closed my eyes, and honestly didn't care if he took anything as long as I didn't get murdered/raped.
He moved past me and I heard him sprint off down the hall, and he'd for some reason just left the laptop right there on the floor. He didn't take anything.

It was about 10 seconds after I just burst into tears and ran to the apartment super who calmed me down and put me in a robe and talked to me for a while.

got spooked by an evil spirit while camping in australia
took a funerary coin from a shrine in Bali and was harassed by angry spirits
held up at gunpoint

well done

>When the cops get to me they look around me, and then move on. Somehow their perception was forcing them to ignore the spot in which i was standing.
Something similar happened to me once.
>be out drinking under a bridge with a bunch of punks
>cops arrive because someone complained about the noise
>take everyone's ID
>except mine
>friend asks me while they're still talking to one guy
>"Hey, didn't they take your-"
>I shut him up
got lucky there

I was the random encounter once

>2am Walmart trip with friends
>buggy in middle of lane