/bbg/ Blood Bowl General - Champions and salt Edition

Congratulations to Ramciamciam for winning the Veeky Forums FUMBBL League season 5!

Secret League season 2 playoffs are now live.

Stunty League season 2 is currently in round 2.
bbtactics.com/
plasmoids.dk/bbowl/Bloodbowl.htm
1d4chan.org/wiki/Blood_Bowl

The latest rules, the CRP (aka LRB6):
marmeladov.com/BB/LRB6.pdf

Stunty Leeg handbook:
fumbbl.com/files/Stunty_Leeg_Handbook_v1_0_1.pdf

Veeky Forums FUMBBL group:
fumbbl.com/p/group&group=9828&op=view

Veeky Forums Stunty Leeg group:
fumbbl.com/p/group&group=10178&op=view

Veeky Forums Secret League:
fumbbl.com/p/group&group=10393&op=view

IRC Server: irc.fumbbl.com
Port: 6667
Channel: #tg

Steam Community for Blood Bowl 2:
steamcommunity.com/groups/tgbloodbowl2

Cknoor's tutorials:
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLSJ6kwwJv4Nr-Ky1PaFZys50S7zewio1O

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=910560
fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=910581
fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=910626
fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=910646
fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=910687
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

first for fumbbl switching to the new rules is a mistake

We should remove ones from the game.

Now that nothing else important is happening this season, who is hyped for season 6? What are you bringing to the table?

If things go the way I expect them to I'll have another go at vets.

Question, if IgnoredConscience doesn't up showing himself. How do Ishow I made the effort to get a game with him? Do I just add the Stunty Commissioner to the PM?

The Binding of Blood bowl shall finally get the core skills they need to triumph!

I'm 10k over the rookie limit but I do not feel like vets would be a good place at the moment. I don't know if any of my mummies will survive the monsters that have grown fat and strong amongst the vets

So what team should I bring to vets next season? Welves or Norse? QS are staying away for at least one more season.

It's going to be fine, plenty of people moving into vets from rookies next season.

There's never going to be enough elves.

Do frogs count?

elf. too much bash in the league

Really new to blood bowl here, just bought BB2 a couple days ago and I really enjoy it. Are you guys using BB2 or BB1? Because I've read in some places that BB2 dumbs down the game to make it more accessible and BB1 also has more content.

If I'm interested in joining in on these leagues what are the steps I should take?

We play on FUMBBL, which is free, the most complete digital version of blood bowl, but the ugliest one

sign up on FUMBBL and check the links in the OP for the Veeky Forums league, you'll find the details there, but mostly, just make a team and apply with it to the group

we're currently off season so you'll have to wait like 2 or 3 weeks until next season begins

you can spectate with us the games from stunty and secret in the meantime though, and play bb1 or bb2 on your own while waiting for season 6

Awesome, I guess my biggest question to follow that up would be, are there a ton of rule differences that I should know about?

Use BB2 to learn the game on the fly, but once you've got the basics, move to fumbbl

Not much, the biggest change is that Brets are a secret team and human catchers are av7

The fact that IC hasn't been online for nearly a week is enough.
For anyone else that hasn't played by whatever time I drag myself out of bed on Monday, that would be the best option.

>tfw to intelligent to play bb2

Im bringing my WWElf team or a chaos pact if im feeling like a masochist.

with new logo because I'm not happy with current logo

Daaaaaamn, the skaven team comes with a token, coin and race specific balls? They're really going all out on this aren't they?

You should add knuckles in there.

Knuckles always die

Muh Emerolds

Beginner blood bowl guy here. I was looking into joining the upcoming tg league, and ive decided i want to play chaos

However almost all of my experience is exclusively in singleplayer so I feel like when I started out with 6 Beastmen 1 Minotaur and 4 Chaos Warriors I went relatively un punished.

I've since looked up some starting out builds so I won't immediately be crushed if I do end up playing in the league. One of the builds I looked at suggested starting with 11 beastmen 4 rerolls and 9 fan factor, I thought that might be a good choice. My first game 2 players die and 2 more are injured against dwarves, and my 2nd game 2 more die and 2 more are injured. I won the first game and lost the second.. But I can't help but feel like I'm fucked now.

Is there a better way to look at starting lineup that I'm not seeing? I think I have most of the base mechanics down and priority lists etc, but more macro decisions are where i'm struggling at the moment. I don't really understand the significance of 9 fan factor or not taking some of the better players to start out, like chaos warriors.

Hey guys
what do I need to play on the tabletop? I got minis for 3 different teams, but that's it.

7 beastmen 4 warriors 3 rerolls is the best starting roster. the fan factor is pretty trash because the only effect it has is on kickoff results, when you could actually have some st4 players instead. and chaos is pretty shit early on so don't get discouraged if you die a lot early

Alright, I'll try that out. Also I thought Fan Factor influenced the amount of earnings, or maybe I'm just stupid.

It does, you add your fanfactor to the 2D6 rollto determine how many fans show up. If you scored higher you gain +1 FAME (+2 if you scored double your opponent) which is added to match earnings (through food, merchandise and Cabal Vision Ticket sales) and influences several kickoff results.

Block dice, range ruler, game board, roster and friends/fellow blood bowl players.

Any sugestions on DIYing the gameboard? Any guides, or measurements? And what do I need as far as range rulers? I take it the 40k style tape measure wouldn't do?

The field is 24 squares long and 15 squares wide, divided up into 4x12 and 7x12 segments, not counting endzones. Since everything is grid-based, the range ruler is actually completely superfluous, it just makes a handy quick reference for passing.
You can make the squares as large or as small as you want, but for reference, a 25mm base translates roughly to an inch, though you may want a little extra room to lay your figures flat on the ground (unless you're playing as an Elf team)

Do we know if we're getting any more plastic teams after dwarfs release next year? I know they've said that elves (pro, high, dark and wood) and nurgle will be getting releases, but has any word been said if some of those will be plastic, or are all the rest going to be forgeworld resin?

I believe they said a pro elf and nurgle team in plastic, and possibly more depending on sales and reception.

>range ruler

you mean throwing template

>24 squares long
no it's 26 squares, you have to include the endzones because the ball and players can stand in it

I like bb2, it's just that the game is very slow and often times feels boring. However the game is fun if you've been watching and playing football all your life (37+ years).

I guess I try bb1 again, but for some reason I've never been able to get the hang of it like 2. How does the vidya dumb down the tabletop version? I had thought these were translations of the board game.

Are there less "events"? Or are some of the dice rolls or the dice themselves different in anyway? I was playing the offline campaign in 2 and noticed (at least for the first few matchups) that the game sets up your players on the field for you. Is hat part of the negative reception?

The single player is basically an overblown tutorial with added events and pre determined happenings. The game is a translation with a few changes like the bank rule and human catchers, and it's not dumbed down in any way. It seems like your observations are purely based upon the """"""campaign"""""".

Ok, well like I said, it's not that it's not fun, it's just the pace. I guess I'll try some skirmishes against the computer.

So the main differences with 1&2 are graphical, less or more factions, a better ui in 2, a bit more forgiving in 2, I play using eyefinity @ 5760 x 1080 not sure if 1 has that aspect ratio.

Wish I had someone to play the real physical version with....

I love this logo.

Probably the best, highest quality made, logo I've ever seen in our league.

the even bigger difference is that bbce is fucking DEAD now. play bb2 if you want quick games, and make an account on fumbbl for when you want to play more teams / better coaches

> the fan factor is pretty trash because the only effect it has is on kickoff results

Yeah, If you were going to spend a spare 20k or something on anything, it should be either Cheerleaders of Assistant Coaches, three of each usually means that you're getting an extra reroll whenever the Kick-Off result is a 6 or 8, which with Bell Curves being what they are should occur more than any other result.

I'm especially tempted to get a couple when I get enough for my Apothecary for my Slaan team this week. Slaan live and die by their ReRolls, and they're a high scoring team, meaning lots of rolls on that kick-off chart.

Or you could just buy a reroll that's always guaranteed forever.

Do Not Take Fan Factor! Any guide suggesting it was from an old edition that required a lot of FF to get decent winning post game.

Sadly I didn't make it, I found it on some WE WUZ threads, godspeed to the user that did it

snots v chlings
fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=910560

Eh, it depends on how much your RR's cost really. If you already have 4 and nothing else to buy you might as well sink 60k into it, it'll pay off in the end.

Again, Dwarves aren't going to see the advantage, but Slaan, Elves or Skaven for instance have got good odds of getting a reroll or two that they wouldn't normally have out of it, assuming they keep scoring.

No, it wont. TV of rerolls is half the cost you are looking at. So most of them are 60TV. the same amount as your maybe rerolls.

Next game in the logics Marathon.
Skinks v slightly better humans

>Opponent prevents your second TD through a triple dodge into red dice with no RR
>Ties up the score through 2 dodges and pick up in tackle zone twice with no RR
>He plays really bad in general but doesnt get punished because of good rolls
>Turn 18 I pass to my werewolves on the other side of the field for the 2-1
Fuck nuffle and fuck knife ears

Hey Skudrinka, are you still around? If you are, please check your PMs.

Lizards OP.

Surprise stunty league match habbeding

fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=910626

More stunty holocaust for today:

More stunty games

game ends with a 2-0 win for Tíschlein deck dich

Thanks Pizza for getting the game going before deadline even if I didn't made it before this weekend. Really appreciating that.

You're welcome.

Post it. You know what. Clearly I had forgotten my doom and I formatted my computer so I don't have it.

No

lawsas

fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=910687
Secret League Quarter Finals
RPG Maker Rampage vs. Choppa-Eared Orcs

God bless you senpai

Is there any player harder to remove from a match than a flesh golem?

A tree? A deathroller with bribes?

a blodging troll

s4 blodgestep dancers

With 2 +AV

Awarded Area 13 the win over Two Ton Tubbys.
Stunty's rolled over to round 3.

>Area 13 Vs. Warped and Wracked

Boy oh boy, look at all those inducements I'll be getting.

Rookies Final is booked in.

Congratulations to Ramciamciam!

Oh boy, secret weapon mirror match

Verminator is traveling to the past to destroy Skyne- I mean Area 13 before it can become the team that Warped and Wracked is now.

TUESDAY 21:00 SERVER TIME

BE THERE OR BE SQUARE

It's another round of bash which...zZzZzzZ

dead like the fummbl servers

Is Bonegnawer in Stunty League worth it?

>Bonegnawer
wild animal is bad, P. tail is good, Better strength that the stunties is good, less strength than the big guys is bad. It's not terrible, and p.tail is always a good thing to have.

Completely unrelated, but I'm dying over the fact someone meme'd Saydas Mongus

Wake up thread!
Wednesday 21:00, last quatefinal of Secret League, Hall of Femur vs Run War. Be there or not, we appreciate you either way!

>Dark elves vs orcs
>Outbash him so hard he only has 3 players left on the pitch
Dark elves best elves

I really wish bb2 had taken off here. It looks so much better than everything else and isn't even that much worse now with the dlc teams.

It's still missing so many teams, has weird "special stadiums" and a new banking rule. Also implemented some "secre" team which isn't even in the official roster.

I'd rather stick with low graphics and the usual rules I'm used to than be deluted by fancy graphics and have to learn new rules which aren't even official.

most of those rules can be removed/fixed when creating a private league i think. I guess the difference in team rosters is a dealbreaker, but I wouldn't know since I've only played the steam games

Come out and play Gan, it's well past 2 pm

Even if you only played the steam games (which includes BB:Chaos Edition), you should know that the former has way more teams than the current BB2, which is the largest deal. Releasing the game with like ~8 teams was a major mistake which got people off.

Somehow I think he got times mixed up, told me he was playing you at 02:00.

Even though it's confirmed in the scheduler for 14:00.

I said 2 pm in the pm and put it in scheduler like that, that's the second time someone doesn't know what pm means

People are morons, as it turns out.

Fun fact: Most people in the world use 24-hour clocks and some of them might be unaccustomed to a 12-hour clock.(although they should be, assuming they had any English language lessons prior in their lifes, so I guess it still makes them morons).

Custom weather charts. Presumably in the box?

the scheduler uses 24-hour clock though

$22 USD

seems worth it, especially if you don't buy the new box

you can just pickup this pitch and throw out the custom weather chart (or if you're like me and live in a cold country you can laugh and have some bonus winter games)

well why doesn't /bbg/ play Chaos Edition then?

Daylight Savings Time is a mistake and so is AM/PM

I've lived my whole life with AM/PM and I prefer 24 hour clocks because it takes away any contextual ambiguity on timing.

That said it's super handy telling someone to game at eight instead of 20:00 etc etc

Because it has no future.

bb1 is objectively worse than bb2 and fumbbl

in a perfect world people would play bb2 and fumbbl but apparently people who browse Veeky Forums don't have jobs so they didn't buy bb2 at launch and get all the dlc races for free. (by the way if you're a new comer... shit sucks but you don't NEED dlc teams)