>DFC Fluff
mediafire.com/file/oysd2f64iytbd69/DFC_Fluff.pdf

>Where to order DFC from
waylandgames.co.uk/3951-dropfleet-commander
miniaturemarket.com/table-top-miniatures/dropfleet-commander.html
thewarstore.com/dropfleet-commander-preorder.html

>DFC Kickstarter, lots of useful information to drudge through
kickstarter.com/projects/hawkwargames/dropfleet-commander

Reminder to ignore bait, unless it is masterfully crafted.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/SDr4HcqN
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Just to start us off: What's your absolute favourite DFC ship so far? It can be for looks, rules, concept, whatever.

For me it's Taipeis, because of how fun they are to use. They're just a gang of little assholes that can sneak around being annoying to kill before activating twice out of nowhere and sending 24-44 shots towards an important ship. A pathfinder BG with 4 Taipeis and 2 Nawlins is probably going to find its way into quite a few of my lists.

Give me dem Djinns, I want to send as big a wave of plasma to burn an enemy as I can. I love how they look like a boxer, I love the damage they do, I love that they can go atmospheric to avoid shots like nothing else.

I have a thing for broadisides, so I have to go with the Leonidas, purely on aesthetics - the smooth hull, the jutting fins, and the row upon row of cannons the size of houses. Cannot wait for mine to get here.

I want to say Moscow Chan because unleashing that many mass drivers makes my dick hard, but from experience it's been the Seattle. It's done a good solid job every game. One one weapons system means it can Course Change if it needs to and swap layers as it needs to and throwing out bombers really adds to it's killing power.

Hence why I want an Atlantis because it is both rolled into one.

For me it is the Seattle, I just love the look and the fact that it is packing some heavy guns.

Bigfan of the Taipeis as well though.

look like a boxer?

Bumping with finest heavy ship from finest faction.

She's pretty great, but if she wasn't a spunky redhead she wouldn't even be in the same league as Leonidas-chan.

>moscow not being a slav
yeah i have a problem with that too

>Ships aren't here yet
>PHR sold out on every distributor
>Mfw 2 PHR players at FLGS
Why can't I worship the sphere with them?

their two plasma casters are close to the 'center' of their face, and their a little fat. Always looked like it was holding 2 hands up to its face to hit somebody.

>Mankind's limitless anger edition
more like "OP forgot to include dflist.com in the links again edition"

Currently discovering the sheer pain of trying to get clean removal of sprues from shaltari, best I've found is using a scalpel to shave them clean off, though I worry for my fingers, It's a wonder I haven't had a trip to A&E yet.

The frigate archs and the mothers hip cores are the absolute worst imo.

The spines being shorter on two of the sprue points triggers me.

Is it worth even trying to remove mould lines on the spines on these fuckers?

Obsidian or Adamant Multiple simultaneous PArticle lances make me hard. Also, Shaltari are pure A E S T H I C.

Granite now gets linked on it's guns.
Is it OP?

Yes

Yes. 2+ lock on all particle weapons would be better, with Ruby and Obsidian getting more expensive to compensate.

Keeping the granite at 100 points? I like it, 2+ lock makes it a perfect frigate hunter if it can get a lock on them, while still being able to fuck over a CL or CA with weapons free; 2+ lock Jades are also great as wolf-pack pairs, possibly dropped down to just 40 points.

Pledge received in Australia. Time to roll around in models. This box of fucking heavy

All praise lord Dave. They fucked my pledge up and accidentally gave me 2 extra starter sets and free activation cards!

Also 2 Atlantises and no Avalon

Sounds like you lucked out. Your avalon will come later if you email them.

Dear Backers

I am writing to you on behalf of the whole team at Hawk Wargames, who have been working incredibly hard to get the pledges out.

Firstly, we realise we have let people down: the delay in the delivery, the release of the first wave of Dropfleet Commander into retail before dispatching all pledges, and the poor communication.

We want to address a few questions that people have had, or issues that have been raised. Some of these should have been communicated before, and others are only able to be seen on reflection:

1. Real numbers: we have around 550 pledges left to pack, and another 180 (on top of this that are already packed) left to process for shipping. We expect, based on our rate of between 110-250 packed pledges per day, that we should be able to finalise all packing this coming week. We will put out another update with the revised numbers that need packing and shipping at the end of this week.

2. The process of shipping is not as simple as we had previously intended. This is the first time we have ever managed a dispatch process of this scale, and a number of things have not gone to plan during this process, including:

The system we used for processing addresses and pledges was not suitable for the scale of this Kickstarter. This has led to us having to process every pledge manually, therefore adding considerable time to the shipping process.
The process for entering addresses into our courier system did not work effectively, and all our information is being added manually to create labels and shipping forms suitable for every shipment, again which has added to the delays.
There are a number of shipping and address queries that have not been resolved which are delaying a few pledges being sent out. We will be contacting some backers regarding these in the coming week.

3. We will be doing a full review of this Kickstarter once we have dispatched every pledge.

4. Our Team: We have 6 members of our own team who have been regularly packing and shipping pledges since we have started this process, along with another 4 members of staff who were doing regular pre-packing of sets and rewards. This left the Hawk Wargames team with only one member of staff to manage all communication to backers, along with all normal customer service communication. When we began the packing process, there was such a large amount of pre-packed product that we only had space to create two packing stations in our warehouse for boxing the pledges. This is why the progress was slower early on, but as we processed more and more of the pledges, we were able to create more packing stations, and therefore pack pledges at a higher rate.

5. Why weren’t we at Warfare 2016 in Reading? We decided, very late on and with very little notice, that we were not going to attend this event to ensure that as many of the team as possible could keep packing and dispatching pledges. This was a difficult decision to make, especially as we had a Dropzone Commander tournament at the event, and it was deeply regrettable that we have put ourselves in this situation, however we are committed to doing everything we can to get all the pledges out as quickly as possible.

6. The lack of communication is the most significant part of this Kickstarter process that we are aware of our mistakes and have learnt a lot from. Going forward we are aware that we need to commit to this more, and will be making every effort to give more time to communication to you all, (so long as it does not significantly negatively impact on the packing and shipping of pledges).

The final thing is to apologise once more for the delays in backers’ pledges, for the lack of more regular and transparent communication, and for the retail release of wave 1 before all pledges were sent out to backers. We are confident in the quality of the game and in what we have produced, and this has always been the priority for everyone at Hawk Wargames in the creation of Dropfleet Commander.

You shall hear from us again in an update at the end of this coming week.

Kind regards

Hawk Louis, on behalf of The Hawk Wargames Team

>posted at 3:30 in the fucking morning in bongland
Jesus

>Mankind's limitless anger edition

More like: 'People are telling Hawk Wargames to refund their Kickstarter pledge because they fucked up so bad.'

>the only people who have publicly asked for that is literally one autistic leaf and a few other dudes who likely aren't autistic

>the only people who have posted their request on public imageboards are an autist and a few non-autists.

Based on cheapest Australian retail, I got about $300 Aussie of free shit. Yeah I had to wait a while, but at that level of value I can't really complain too much

wut

Its like 2 dudes out of 4k

2 dudes out of everyone that comments on the KS*

I'd put the total number of refunds somewhere with an upper bound of 100.

I'm still boggled by the sheer amount of whiny, ineffectual rage there's been since the delay hit three months. Didn't people learn anything from Kingdom Death: Monster?

I disagree. I think most are tracking how the process works with KS and I bet those that aren't are lazy enough to simply wait it out.

>muh consumers rights
I finally realized what all this nerdraeg reminds me of; some bowl-cut soccermom giving some manager shit for the most trite of reasons.

And like the soccer mom screaming at the 17 year old trainee they have no fucking idea what's actually going on.

I've worked picking/packing and it was a constant steam of clusterfucks where we had to choose which customer got screwed over for reasons beyond our control or their control everyday.

Hawk had a shitty decision to make and they picked the one that would do the least long term damage to the company.

So, my first proper game of DFC hopefully tomorrow.

Looking forward to it.

Bruh what you bringing?

Why isn't it the 3000 points of Toulon's List?

Cause we´re playing starter vs starter. Probs my UCM vs his Shaltari, tho I´ll be having my Scourge with me as well.
Recommended builds.

I will at least be bringing a fully painted force.
His is also mostly done, so it should be looking pretty gud.

On a slightly different topic, I recommend serious caution with your Scourge ships, cruisers in particular.
I´ve had to touch up a couple of slightly damaged tips at the ends of the wings already. It still looks quite good, but anything more than a small drop may require some fixing if the mini hits the ground with one of those tips first.
The price of looking cool like that, I guess...

Bruh why you holdin out on us. Lets see the painted models.

Working on it now.
Pics hopefully soon, assuming at least some of em turned out decently.

Here we go.

UCM fleet. Most of the pics were kinda bad, this one is at least halfway decent.

And the Scourge.

Oculus beam arrays have been painted red and highlighted, but it's not really visible cause of the lighting in this pic.

Neat! Did you use the ghost tints? Or is that just regular colors?

This was done using regular GW washes.

I basecoated black, followed by some aven application of Vallejo Game Colour Silver.
Next, the whole thing gets a Citadel Nuln Oil wash.
Once that's dry, I picked out the different areas in Druchii Violet and Biel-Tan Green shades.

Once those are done, it was a matter of picking out details like the engines and oculus emitters.

So anyone see the newest failure-to-be from Spartan that was announced this morning?

So 550 boxes left to pack. That should put them done packing by Thursday.

I wonder how many they can ship per day?

>So anyone see the newest failure-to-be from Spartan that was announced this morning?

I did, not really interested desu, I have a decent number of DW models, but nobody plays here.

I'm vaguely interested in getting the Teutonic iceberg carrier as an addon to the 1 gbp pledge and that's it. 10 inches of robot filled goodness is fine with me

Hard to say considering that they're doing it manually. I can't say I'm suprised to be last on the list, I play enough blood bowl to know what my luck is like.

Nope, my morbid curiosity is piqued

The arrays are the only complaint. (as you say they are not showing up on camera)

These look nice!

So word on the street is the Scouge have gone into top tier and the overseer makes the faction monstrous. Couple that with the fleshlight gunship and destroyers to ensure a infantry CC advantage.

Anyone play any games verse those new units?

Played vs a Scourge list with some of that in there in a recent tournament.

Don't remember the exact composition but it included the following:
Overseer,
full CD rack (6 AT, 3 AA) with attached Vampires,
2 HGTs (in mini-rack),
2x3 Warriors in APC in mini-rack
2 Warriors in Invader
2 Destroyers in Invader
Razorworm-dispenser flyer
Flying MG drones with suicide attack

The guy ended up winning the whole thing, with his 12-8 win vs me his worst result. Both other wins were 18-2.
Part of that was probably inexperience vs the new stuff; the Overseer was kinda BS, especially since it's apparently been ruled that the grav-tanks only need to start their activation within 9" of the bloody thing to get their buffs.

Still, it's quite beatable; he won vs me by holding the critical location building in the table center all game, stuffing it so full with units I couldn't even fit 2 bases of Praetorians in there.
By the end of turn 6, most of his infantry and some of his dropships were still alive, but everything else had been cleaned up. Had the scenario not been so focused towards the center building, this coulda been a draw or even a minor win for me.

Still, if caught unprepared like his other two opponents, you can get pretty badly rekt.

Why, it looks like dogshit, and the idea of an iceberg carrier is Ameri-British anyway.

I don't need a 10 foot long brick of resin that looks like a literal low-detail brick with some gears on it.

The detail looks...passable so far on it but I won't say I'm not annoyed that it's yet another carrier (a super carrier none the less) with no actual mechanism or elevator for getting planes onto the deck.

Oh Jesus I thought they might have had a chance to unfuck their reputation until I saw the shipping costs.

30 fucking gbp to ship their commodore equivalent. Gee gee, done at the gate.

> especially since it's apparently been ruled that the grav-tanks only need to start their activation within 9"

That doesn't sound right. Hopefully that gets Faqed.

Wut? It's only 10 GBP for RoW, regardless of pledge size.

>Shipping almost done
>So many people have theirs
>Still don't have mine

I'm still on the list, right? They wouldn't have forgotten about me, RIGHT?

According to that email 700 people still didn't have their stuff. That is a ton so you aren't alone.

I am still waiting right with you.

Same, but if they've finally got their shipping procedures down pat, we should be good by the end of this week.

Hopefully.

Clearly they just fly out of those ports on the side, lol steampunk no rules right?

Fucking Spartan

I'm referring to Spartans new kickstarter

I am just saying that the user isn't alone. 700 people is a lot to still be waiting.

We are probably looking at Thursday or Friday complete pack. Then maybe wednesday of next week finished shipping.

Then Friday website goes up with the release of Battleships!

LOL

They're really inconsistent as some carriers clearly have aircraft elevators or at least cranes and some have literally nothing besides a landing strip and tower.

Oh, nevermind.

kekking pretty hard at those prices

Truly Dave's talents were sorely wasted there. Thank God he got out of there.

>ywn be so autistic at modeling that you design ships to have the exact number of escape pods necessary for their crew

Dave's attention to detail is amazing

His proof reading ability is not

Early (Pre-Legions) Spartan was alright at modeling, most of the non alliance Dystopian wars models looked excellent. I still love my Prussian ships.

I'm not sure how much Dave was involved in early DW designs but I will certainly say my Prussian ships has VERY reasonable door/hatch placements and the newer ones do not. Make of that what you will.

>Less than 500 orders left.
>Still no email.
I'll get it before thanks giving right?

>tfw going out of town for the entire holiday weekend
I should probably call the post office and make sure they DON'T drop my package off at the door on Friday. Some motherfucker's been tearing up and smashing mail in my neighborhood this fall, and I haven't waited this long to give some punk an opening to have his way with my spaceships.

u need a cctv camera

That's the Mark of the Dave right there.

>Dave's attention to detail is amazing
Brits are garbage at writing rules, that's a sad fact.

Dave left before DW as far as I know, he's been limited mostly to the garbage UCS ships and the early Firestorm ships (seriously, razorthorn guns are eeriliy similar to UCM railguns)

Nah senpai, the rules for this game are great.

The proofreading is short a few jobless lit majors, though.

>Nah senpai, the rules for this game are great.

I will politely disagree, it has all the usual british random junk in it, like overly important crit-hits, shitton of bookkeeping and stuff like that.

>like overly important crit-hits,
The crits are actually integrated very well into how accuracy and damage works, without being too insanely OP.

>shitton of bookkeeping and stuff like that.
We are talking about DFC, right?

Stay strong my bretheren.

>overly important crit-hits
You lose a (low chance) save, that's it.

>shitton of bookkeeping
nigga what? Launch assets are all resolved quickly with minimal fuss. Damage and spikes are all tracked on the base.

If you seriously believe troop counters and status effect counters are a 'shitton of bookkeeping', or these rules are overly complex, I strongly suggest you never go anywhere near Corvus Belli.

Worry not brother

My faith is sustained by my hatred for Abandonists, Hogs, and Jellies.

Only their suffering will cool my endless rage. As such, my resolve remains strong.

The only mildly annoying old school british wargaming influences I've found is in the scenarios. Maybe is because I'm a 40k autist, but I'd like to be able to randomly roll up a scenario and approach type and have some hard rules on distribution of terrain.

Assembling scourge cruisers at the moment, compared to the UCM and Shaltari fleets i've built so far these things just do not fit together properly

Got my stuff today, Commodore in California. Got real excited to start building.

>Reach for Zap a Gap
>Bottle is fucked
>No extras
>No shops carry it around here

Whelp.

Generally speaking, the only problems I've had with them is the dorsal hull plate.

The prow weapon inserts slot in perfectly.

I've found that the two main halves of the hull don't fit together right and there's a gap at the front that needs to be filled.

>Scourge are shit flaccid Jellies which can't hold themselves together

Checks out.

So there's an unofficial "design a unit" contest going on at the Hawk Forums soon, and I slapped together a few rough statlines based on some shit that's been thrown around these threads before.

How many of these are fucking retarded?

pastebin.com/SDr4HcqN

It's not necessarily low chance. 3+ armour on average saves 2/3 of the time. It's good though, it ensures that weapons with better lock are more effective against heavy targets than ones with worse lock.

I'm going to start painting up my scourge tommorow, got everything primed silver at the moment, I know the studio scheme is just washes over the top with ghost tint stuff, anyone have any specific order for the colors?

I remember Hawk's official painter saying to do green first, followed by magenta.

>The Facebook is legitimately querying what happens when an atmospheric ship in atmosphere suffers orbital decay.

I forgot not everyone else plays Shaltari when I posted that. 5+ saves on either shields or PD means I'm accepting the inevitable if they survive long enough to close the distance to me.