Scenarios you're excited to run

I'm going to be having an in game festival pretty soon. The players will be able to walk around, interact with a bunch of NPCs, and I'll have a fortune teller who will do a tarot reading for the players.

What scenarios are you excited to run? What are you nervous about? Anything that you've never tried before?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fzqAT2qVFRs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I've never GM'd, so bump

Tell us more about the festival.

That sounds really cool user. I started a WFRP campaign at a carnival once and I know how you feel, getitng all the fortune tellers, strongmen and the like together is really fun. The best bit of course is the MAN EATING CHICKEN.

I'm sadistically excited to continue my Vampire Requiem campaign, my players have pissed off absolutely everyone by blowing up a building and the hammer is going to fall, hard.

The tarot reader is fake, only using clever observations and educated guesses. However, the Gods decided to have some fun. This time, the tarots correctly predicts two events. One, a blood moon will appear tonight. The other is the death of the King's favourite daughter in 7 days time. Sure enough, the blood moon appeared. The King is incensed and will execute all of the carnies if the prophesy comes true.

- Pickpockets who are children who make you go d'aww led by a Fagin-type guy.

-Rich brat out to abuse the fact that they own the system.

General suggestion: To make a bunch of NPCs quickly, buy Rory's Story Cubes. Gives motivation and makes individuals on the fly.

Also General Suggestion. Buy a pack of M:tG cards, open and braibstorm a side-quest on the fly

>the Gods are such dicks such that not only will this plan upset the populace at large, but also mentally destabilize the leader of a kingdom

And then They wonder why some adventurers make it their life work to kill these pricks. Tear down the pantheon, I say!

A bardic "Battle of the bands"

Carnival games (probably rigged)

Tavern Brawler Regional Championships

Mage's guild selling damaged apprentice wands that only produce illusions of their intended effects.

Street vendors that range from actual foods to Salty Bob's "Sewer Shis-K-Bob""

A sideshow where someone tell a stories with puppets about PCs in sometimes very mockingly or very flattering

Stage magicians who doing minor cantrips and simple illusions.

Perfectly unstable merry-go-round

And a classic attractions like "Dunk the wizard" "whack-a-orc" "Paladin Falls"

I'm planning to set up my players in "Spanish Prisoner". So instead of actually performing SP con, I'm going to let them THINK this is SP scenario, thus they will act to counter it, getting themselves head-first into the actual con.

God, it's perfect to play with people who are cinematography challenged.

Ive had a scenario like this 3 times. 3 different groups. All 3 groups ended up killing the fortune teller

I've written up stats for Final Fantasy 6 style magitek armour for my next game, including rules for how to get the pilot out of the cockpit. I'm excited to see how my players handle the fight, and I can't wait to savor the disappointment when they realize nobody in their party has the skills to actually pilot it.

>Paladin Falls
surely this is just a waterfall near town?
you have to leave the proper path to get to it though

I'm doing a CoC scenario set in a carnival next weekend, I'm pretty excited.

Carnies basically all have the Innsmouth Taint, so it works well.

>tell us more
Sure. In the campaign, the PCs work for a Fairy Tale style adventurer's guild. The festival is a yearly celebration that is sponsored every year by the guild, and the players will get to go around and experience things like, , suggested, but also will have the opportunity to interact with higher level guild members that they haven't really gotten the chance to know yet.
I'm also excited because there's going to be a dinner, and there will be a bard performing a song about a higher level quest hook that I wrote. I'm pretty pumped to get to whip out my guitar and lay down some jams

I was excited to run a scenario that had the players being hunted by a pack of pretty dangerous animals.
Apparently not dangerous enough, as one of my PC's wasted one of them in a combat turn.

Ah, i remember when our GM ran a !notChinese new year in game. My warlock bought 50 cinammon rolls, ate half of them, got drunk, fed the other 25 to some ducks, then got arrested for littering because his knowledge check failed and he thought the ducks ate wyvern meat, which he then threw into the lake, along with some wyvern teeth and an anchor which he was keeping in his bag and no longer had need of.

Im having a squad of Victorian heroes explore the Stargates.

I am excite

But you are getting really boring with posting the same shit in every thread.

advertising is the key to success

My party is going to accidentally steal the ark of the covenant.

Not any specific scenario, but I am really looking forward to getting a group together for Traveller. Will be asking around at FLGSs this week.

:)

>filename
Somehow you managed to download the same file three times.

I'm pretty much excited for every session as a GM since its my first party i'm ever gming. But the next adventure I have planned is just them meeting a richer Rogue Trader and doing morally questionable work.

I've been trying to put together a, "Takeshi's Castle," style challenge tower. The opening floor is the pond with sinking stones on the surface and, of course, you could just, y'know, tap them with a quarterstaff. Could. If there wasn't an asshole in a magical turret on a high tower in the middle of the pond taking potshots at you. It does no damage, but knocks you backwards, into the water. The other floors will be similar setups, with the events being things like sports events(jousts, wrestling, etc.), mazes, that sort of thing. All non-lethal

The original draft had the lose condition for them be a random transformation into various and sundry servants under the control of the tower's owner. I've done away with that, because it seems a bit too fetishy, and that's not what this game is about.

Better idea.

He's sick of these bullshit prophecies, and will kill the carnies if the daughter ISN'T attacked.

The tarot reader reveals that they were just guessing and knew the Blood Moon would happen for other reasons.

The party have been hired on behalf of a bitter former contestant who feels he got screwed out of the prize, who weaves a story about how evil and mad the wizard is in an attempt to get them to kill him.

That, in addition to the fact that he has a metric shit-ton of ancient magic items of his own devising that he lets you pick from if you manage to make it to the top of the(one hundred and twenty-five story, counting the basement) tower.

> There's a hidden intrigue war for the control of Rogue Port
> The Thief Guild, the Cultists of the Eye, and the Black Knight's Army all fight for its control.
> The PCs are stuck in the middle trying to limit the collateral damage to the minimum.
> All while a forest imp has found an ancient mask that could spell the doom of the world.
> youtube.com/watch?v=fzqAT2qVFRs

So, you've got Majora's Mask's plot playing in the background while you've got something else up front?

>The party is asked to deliver a parcel to the distant city of Karazadim
>They arrive at the archmage's tower, but when they knock, nobody answers. The door is open, though.
>They presumably go in, and hear a voice (presumably the archmage's) berating what seems to be an apprentice.
>They reach the chamber and look inside.
>Turns out that the archmage was a non-psychopathic Beholder. The apprentice goes white, looks at them, at the Beholder, then back at them, then at the Beholder again.
>The Beholder starts berating his apprentice even more loudly as he rushes towards the party to get the parcel.
>He apologizes profusely while he takes the box from them. He fumbles with it and drops it. Something breaks inside.
>The Beholder screams "REEEEEEEEEE"

Basically, yeah.

That's definitely a neat way to take it. Is the rest of it a reference that I'm just not getting?

In any case, how are you going to handle them just completely whiffing on that sub-plot? Because you know it'll happen.

Our group is finally being DM'd by someone who has their shit together. I think he'll get us past the first session for once, so that'll be nice.

> Not having a sentient "Takeshi's Castle" having fun.

>Rory's Story Cubes
What are those?