Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Does /pfg/ still bully the party's token healslut vitalist/Life spherecaster?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Broken Shackles Playtest: app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/59701/broken-shackles-test-play
Creation Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1kitAB8sHgmuD3fvOMuI_KyV_dxpO2wrxQmbnCoRgglA/edit#
Avowed Playtest: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Malefex Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

michaeliantorno.com/feat-taxes-in-pathfinder/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Does /pfg/ still bully the party's token healslut vitalist/Life spherecaster?
I am currently playing the healer. He is a Creation Zealot and a middle aged scarred war veteran interplanar dance sensation stroke addled undead outsider hobgoblin whose best friend is a possibly insane kobold diplomat.

Our healer is AWOL and he was the luckiest of us, with the best rolls. We are all a little less without him.

What are your character's flaws? What do you typically have them do to try and overcome them?

She's autistic as fuck and has trouble understanding hidden meanings. Because of that she takes a long time to riddle out what people are really saying, or just asks some more savvy friends.

She also worships a dead god, but that's an awkward quirk, not a flaw.

>dead god

fucking kill yourself op

ARODEN IS DEAAAAAAAD

SO LONG AS THERE IS HUMANITY, ARODEN SHALL NEVER DIE

I don't think that's confirmed yet? That it's still ambiguous? I'm not up to date with my lore.

What is your character's grand motivations?

How far reaching are they?

I built a character whose end game is finding Nex and Geb and killing both of them because the two of them can go fuck themselves. The actual reason is he is a Gebbian experiment to kill Nexians, and he has not taken kindly to either side because of this.

You know the Church of Mahathallah meme?

That's him. If he has to kill goblins or restore your rightful throne to get your ear, so be it.

Wouldn't killing Geb have the unfortunate consequence of throwing the nation into chaos and potentially unleashing millions upons millions of undead?

As says she's a total Aroden fag. Which causes no end of distress for her parents, given that she's a half-elf. They've all but disowned her at this point.

The character doesn't care. He is not a good person. He is bitter and jaded over having his body essentially destroyed and remade, and the torture that went along with that.

So what you're saying is that without its master's command, the restless Geb will become an eve greater threat to the world?

That control must be maintained?

>He is bitter and jaded over having his body essentially destroyed and remade, and the torture that went along with that.
Yeah, that's usually how I feel after I finish masturbating too. I disgust myself.

It would actually be a scarier threat than The World Wound likely.

So I guess you should just make sure not to kill Arazni.

I mean, she is a Lich Queen.

We have neither of these.

What we do have is a Cleric me who serves less as a healer and more as a holy anvil of stunted righteous fury sworn to slay all his foes.

It also helps that he's an OD Gestalt so he can have the ability to not only tank a blow, but also deliver it back manyfold.

To be honest he planned on killing her as well. The ultimate goal was the fall of each nations and its citizens consumed in the fires of war.

Making Lv 12 Human Synth Summoner. What evolutions should I pick? Thinking of biped, natural-attacking brute-type eidolon

Devil Trigger!

Then clearly, you have to find someone who the world of the living can no longer comfort.

Then, they must become forevermore the jailor of the damned.

Bolvar was a really random choice. I don't get why Tirion didn't do it.

No he planned on having the damned released so that literally the entire continent goes to shit, then wash his hands of it and fuck off to one of the dome cities on the sun.

Looking to run a campaign, 7-11 PM EST Tuesday and negotiable Wednesdays? Probably going to be looking to run with a homebrew setting wherein the PC's set out to join one of several free companies in their effort to reclaim the corrupted mega city from a necromantic cult.

4th level characters.

Using 1pp and DSP 3pp, Broken Shackles Homebrew, and the following:

Monks use the Unchained Monk rules, Archetypes allowed, they're Arabic themed and called Fakir.

michaeliantorno.com/feat-taxes-in-pathfinder/ : Feat Tax rules

If you're interested, send an email to [email protected]

Are you the guy from last thread?

Yep, that's me.

Sent you an email already fampai.

That sounds like a horrible idea and everyone would die.

No. In the last game I ran, the healer was a Cleric of Tempus.

He really hated Geb, Nex, their citizens, and most of the continent.

I get that. I'm just saying he'd probably drop to Evil for that. Maybe even Chaotic Evil.

He was NE already. He's an anarchist terrorist who wants to see the continent burn.

Oh, so it's one of those campaigns.

>What are your character's flaws?
Trying to do all the drugs he can find, never disguising himself even though he's a wanted man.

>What do you typically have them do to try and overcome them?
What? Nothing. He's living his life the way he intended to. The fun is watching half the rest of the party go berserk over my shenanigans.

A-as long as you're happy, I guess?

Is there a better way to play a thief than the rogue? Something with a little more oomph but still keeps the general flavor of a skilled expert who is sneaky and gets the cheap shots in?

Utterly terrified of the dark and enclosed spaced.

Not go into dark and enclosed spaces.

Slayer. 6 skill points per level and bonuses to certain things that you can further specialize, access to rogue talents and ranger combat styles, sneak attack dice. Feels great to pick someone out, study them, then just unload.

Investigator, Slayer, Vivisectionist Alchemist, or Vigilante (Stalker).

All better rogues than the rogue.

I might have to do slayer. I really wanted to play a sneakthief but they are just so impractical and I dont want to drag my group down.

investigator stalker.
1) Int based, so lotta skills
2) Inspiration for knowledge and shit
3) Sneak attack
4) Initiator
5) Still a stalker.

It's a great sneak-thief.

what's wrong with rogue?

=It's not as powerful as the other suggestions, but I'm really a fan of the archeologist bard archetype.

The problem with rogue isn't that there's anything specifically wrong with it. It's just that it does absolutely nothing that other classes can't do much better.

*vigilante archetype for stalker

Noob question here: I'm trying to understand the difference between a full attack and a standard attack. Could someone explain? Do you need a full attack to perform multiple attacks, such as when using cleave?

does dex to damage better than any other 1pp class

He likes his magic like he likes his women, black and sadistically insane!

Unchained Rogue is good too.

When your BAB hits +6 you get a second attack at +1. If you standard attack you only get the highest one, +6, if you full attack you get +6 and +1. You'll get an extra iterative attack whenever your BAB goes up by another 5.

When one uses a standard action they attack with one attack. When they use a full attack they use a full round action to attack with as many attacks as their BaB allows. Cleave, Charge, etc. are special attack actions and work differently. For instance a Charge is a full round action with only one attack.

So just read cleave, it'll explain.

Okay so.

Here's the thing.

A standard attack is a Standard Action. It gets you one attack.

A Full Attack is a Full-Round action, so it takes your standard and your move.

You only need to use a full attack to get extra attacks from your base attack bonus. Like, on your class table, a Fighter's BAB is +6/+1 at level 6, so when he takes a full attack, he gets one attack at +6 (Not counting other bonuses) and one at +1.

When he takes a Standard Attack, he just uses the +6

Cleave specifies the action it takes, so you use that action, regardless of how many attacks is says you make.

Maybe I just dont know what I want.

That's unchained, but i'll give you that. It was a much needed buff for the class.

Somewhere out there is the man that unleashed the ancient vampire on his village (and the land). After they kill the vampire he will kick that man in the dick.

She's physically weak. (str 7)

She studies transmutation to enhance her body and allow her to like like "normal people"

Can we not just assume from now on that whenever anyone says Rogue, they mean unchained?

As a follower of Arshea, she desires to find which species produce the most bountiful of semen!

She wants a dragon husbando.

>Dragon
Not even on the scale for the upper bound on hyper fertility. Dragons are actually relatively low fertility actually.

You need something like those infection kaiju that fills everything it can find with parasites.

But dragons can reproduce with *any* species, though, even if it's at a lesser rate. Jerks off in a flower field? You've got yourself some potential half-dragon dandelions!

Yeah, the Kaiju does that as well and it reproduces several orders of magnitude more quickly by filling everything, plants included, with parasites.

Also dragons can't actually reproduce with everything, just many things.

Can't that only be applied to creatures. Not all plants are creatures.

Is there any way to use the Path of War conversion for Aegis and Ectopic Artisan to allow the Aegis' Astral Warrior to use maneuvers instead?

Yes, the reference is not intended to be subtle.

>Physically crippled after an attack on his home
>Mentally crippled after losing a friend
>Emotionally crippled cause his god didn't help
BUT he's still a pretty happy go lucky guy. Gotta look on the bright side of life right. Sing a song or two. Can't change what's happened, all you can do is protect the smiles of people in the future.

>Does /pfg/ still bully the party's token healslut vitalist/Life spherecaster?
My character's name is healslut backwards. The party still has not noticed

I remember you.

1) Yes, there's nothing stopping the Astral Warrior from taking Initiator's Soul.
2) See: Avant Guard Kineticist or Silhouette Psychic Warrior

Are you iron man? I head Aegis was like iron man in another thread.

Sounds edgy. What does it add to the character if he doesn't actually get played out? Why bother?

Why are so many fucking rules in pathfinder so unnaturally stupid? Some of this shit boggles my mind as to how the fuck someone was able to write this down and not get shot on sight

Thank you for the label

Interestingly, since we're experimenting with tristalt, we were discussing how we would make various fictional, anime and comic book characters. I believe Iron Man was an Empiricist Investigator, Circuit Breaker, Reactor Knight. Aegis was in one of the original drafts, though.

because you touch yourself at night

What for instance. We can actually trace back the reasoning on a lot of rules and why they are like they are. A lot of it comes down to Sacred Cows and Legacy Mechanics.

It was a game born out of spite for 4th ed.

I do that in the daytime as well so that's irrelevent.

>Sub-optimal choices are a design choice! They help you make good characters!

Stormwind fallacy at work desu

What's the capital of the Alliance got to do with nerfing yourself?

Look up what the Stormwind Fallacy is.

Basically, the idea that optimization and roleplay are opposing forces, you can never have both in perfect balance, as one prevents the other.

Roleplaying has to involve a bunch of useless cooking skills and trap options to be true to the character. Optimizing doesn't create a well rounded and realistic person. I don't know the relation to the Alliance city.

I know that's what it's called, but why Stormwind?

Stormwind was the name of the person who proposed it.

It's the name of the forum user account that came up with it or something

So it's not actually a reference at all.

The worst part is by the time I was done waiting for and reading your response I'd gotten bored and looked it up anyway so now I've just gone and wasted everyone's time.

It's /pfg/ it's no more a waste of time than any other post! Better than most, actually!

Don't worry user, I'm just as bored as you are.

I've always hated exclamation points for years and never really knew why.
This thread really helps me understand why.

To be fair, the Stormwind fallacy opposes that. It says that it's not because a character is optimised that it cannot be roleplayed well, and that it's not because you're nerfing yourself that you are a better roleplayer.

I'm sorry to hear that. I did almost overcome the urge to use an exclamation mark, though!

Exclamation points are a cute! A CUTE!

/pfg/ is an interesting wildlife, though. You've got a half that's entirely comfortable being the shady weeb/waifu-baiter stereotype without a care in the world even when called out, and the other half that just wants to talk about tabletop as a hobby while finding the former cringy.

Exclamation marks aren't bad. Their mis- and overuse is.

See for an example of both.

>Question mark poster and exclamation point poster are the same person

Figures.

Ah, I'm sorry ;-;

It's okay, you're one of my favourites. Don't let the detractor pull you down, friendo.

When will the erp posting be bannable