Warhammer 40k General

Should Deathwatch have their own bobblehead? edition

>Freshest Rules
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Stale old PDFs
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!ddAxALZD

mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library(Stay the fuck away from the clowns)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

My boys!

For the emperor!

Looking at adding character to my Deathwatch units.
What loyalist chapters would you say are most iconic or offer great conversion opportunity in the various roles?

I've already put down a few but to more the merrier

>Terminators
Bangles
Dangles
Salamanders
Space wolves?

>Tacs
Imperial fists (And sucessors)
Raptors
Red Scorpions
Ultras (And sucessors)

>Bikers
Astral claws (Blackshields)
Dangles
White scars

>Assault marines
Black Templars
Blood angels (And Sucessors)
Doom Eagles
Fire Angles
Fire hawks
Raven guard
Storm Wardens

>Devastators
Imperial fist
Iron hands
Star Phandoms

Are there any good GW elf pirate models? I want to convert a Corsair Prince. I'm looking for something especially piratey.

I've considered the Dark Elf Dreadlord (the one with the dragon on his shoulder), but he looks too medieval to serve as a base. The same goes for the Dark Elf Fleetmaster, who is also too static for my tastes. So far the best candidate seems to be pic related + different legs (Wyches probably), a different head, and some conversion work. His coat looks pretty piratey to me.

Any other suggestions, /40kg/?

A Dark Elf Corsair from Fantasy comes to mind. There's one still available in the AoS line (Left) and a couple OOP ones including squid-headed Lohkir Fellheart (not pictured).

> Lohkir Fellheart

This guy's pretty cool, if I can figure out a way to stick a jetpack on him I might replace one arm with a shimmershield and use him as a Baron. He'll need a new head though, my pirates are dragon themed.

Thanks

Well I'll be damned.

Cue bitching from CSM players that they're only getting a Traitor Legions supplement, not a complete new codex

So what do you guys hope will be in the traitor legions supplement? I guess there will be detachments or formations only, along with artefacts, but what specific goodies for the legions?

Black Legion: Well, the have their own supplement already. Some bonus if you take more elite chosen maybe.

Word Bearers: Gal Vorbak / good possessed expanding from the crimson slaughter supplement?

Iron Warriors:
Alpha Legion:

Night Lords: Focus on things like assaulting from deep strike after Raptors/Talons arrive from reserve like in Traitors Hate? Maybe LD modifier for enemy fear tests?

Thousand Sons: Not sure. Focus of the Fenris campaign so they will have some rules in those books too. Maybe a duplicate?

World Eaters:
Emperors Children
Death Guard:

>Iron Warriors:
They could pretty much just take half of traitors hate and stick a little extra one it, shitloads of warsmith formations there.

Iron hands terminators. Space wolf long fangs and grey hunters (though they tend to send blood claws to deathwatch because fuck the inquisition, rebel rebel you don't get any vets)
Carcharadons choppy marines
Mentors for using experimental or rare weaponry

>1kSons not a standalone codex
>I can simply add all their boys and toys to my army instead of having to start from scratch with pure 1kSons formations
>I might have to impose a few limitations but can otherwise use them seamlessly with existing CSM
I run Undivided and am actually pretty pleased.

TBF the basic units kinda suck. So to make them good the formations have to be strong, that could result in sillyness IF(!) someday a new codex would change them for the better. Can't get worse though.

This isn't the WIP thread

As a CSM player, i am okay with this development

Iron warriors: focus on havocs, obliterators, and daemon engines and maybe access to traitor guard artillery

Alpha Legion: Focus on cultists, seizing initiative, fucking reserves, infiltration, chosen

Night Lords: fear everywhere. Raptors and Warp Talons. Leadership penalties

Word Bearers: Fearless, Zealot, Cultists, Dark Apostles, Possessed

God forbid Chaos players get anything good without giving more toys to the imperials. Such favoritism.

Exactly this.

>Thousand Sons:

I hope for GK-style "every single unit is at least ML1" fuckery.

>>talking with other anons the other day about how I have a good feeling about inquisition and that we should get some update maybe next year
>>see the cover of this, decide it's fake and ignore it
>>see it on the community site
>>lose my fucking mind

What are my chances they won't just copy paste the kinda cruddy inquisition e-'codex' and might make plastic inquisitors because I may not have enough spooge in my body.

>>taking elite badasses of various ordo militants and imperial factions as retinue for inquisitor lords

I sure hope they're free of the tzeentch tree slavery from the normal codex.

Speaking of trees, word bearers should probably get some bonus to malefic daemonology.

What's the best way to use this guy in a real DW army?

Still unassembled to it's fairly easy to do changes on him.

Personally i considered swapping the pistol for another weapon and/or doing a headswap to make him a librarian.

>people thinking we should praise GW for giving us formations filled with berserkers, chaos marines, and possessed while doing nothing to fix the issues with those units or anything else with the codex

looking for current kill team rules, can anyone help a brother out?

Here you go m8

I hope this provides me with sufficient karma and someone links me to some elf pirates[/spoilers]

So why do I not hear Tau players complaining about how their 7th ed book didn't do jack to make Kroot, Vespid, literally any of their vehicles or drones other than Marker Drones worthwhile?

>CSM players
>updated formations for Crimson and BL
>Traitors Hate
>Traitor Legions
>GW DOESN'T LOVE US WEEEEH.
I know they want a main codex update but fucking hell they whine.
We have 2 CSM players that constantly bitch about not getting stuff.
Meanwhile we have SoB, Tyranid, Ork and Dark Eldar players that don't whine at all.

>Comparing Tau to CSM

Are you being serious right now?

There are tau players that don't like that those things didn't get updated by they get drowned out by suit players.

>So why do I not hear Tau players complaining

You're not listening hard enough, they're out there.

>Ork players that don't whine at all.

As an ork player I respect this guy's self control, i bitch all the time

because at this point csm whine has become an entity of its own, loosened from the shackles of reality.

i am a tau player and i complain about that all the time

fucking suits are the only way to play

It should be noted we don't have any SM or IG players.
We have 1 GK player, closest we have to SM.
Nearly all other races present.
Our tau only has 1 riptide.

For convenience, is it easier to play GW Kill Team over HoR Kill Team? Which requires the least amount of learning new rules?

>Our tau only has 1 riptide.

What a saint.

Ah, my group is in a retard arms race

We have:

An eldar player who is a bit goofy but loves the wraith stuff

A tau player with one riptide, 12 crisis suits and 3 storm surges (and no money)

A SM player who would take extra, empty drop pods to make sure all his army comes on turn 1 if he could afford it. He is currently taking invisible custodes with GK libbies and Draigo. He abuses look out sir to allocate wounds evenly across the squad. (I rekt him in a 1k game with admech grav kataphrons and a IK Crusader yesterday though) He also like drop pod-ing Leviathan dreadnoughts. He is a dick on the tabletop but he is otherwise nice.

I bitch about orks a lot

Gal Vorbak are no more, user. There were only 100 to begin with, and the last one died at Terra. All those who came after were progressively worse until you got modern day Possesed.

>Devastators, Terminators, and Codex Adherence
>Hammers of Dorn.

>An eldar player who is a bit goofy but loves the wraith stuff

are wraiths considered cheesy?

Knights and guards with d-schythes are the rest is not.

The FW variant knight isn't that horrific to face in all honesty.

ah yeah those are the ones, the big undercosted shitlord and his little bullshit brother

To be fair, he is the nicest to play against out of the lot. He normally takes fairly tame eldar lists and mixes with DE because he likes the units.

Heaven help you when he goes full tryhard.

I know this isnt wip but are there any good human models to add some Fire Warriors bits to for a squd leader? My LGS just had commisars, not quite what im looking for.

IG command and troops?

knights with suncannon are ok, wraithguard with melee weapons are even cool. lords are really weak.

>knights with suncannon are ok
>plural

No

ok, you got me: one knight with suncannon is ok

Because you obviously haven't been listening every time Vespids are mention, it's about how shit they are compared to everything else in the codex them and because most Tau players are just in it for the battlesuits and cheese

>I know they want a main codex update but fucking hell they whine.
Because all that stuff you listed doesn't mean much because the very core of the army is broken/outdated. Only thing that was somewhat fixed were Raptros to some extent and Warp Talons.
>Meanwhile we have SoB, Tyranid, Ork and Dark Eldar players that don't whine at all.
Nigga all of those players whine. Weren't you here after the 2nd Cruddex dropped and it was nothing but nid tears for months on end, or the constant ork bitching? Hell, even the Eldar players sometimes whine about the -1 on the D-table or that their army is so over-powered that it's not even funny which I can sympathize with

I hope this is a chaos version of Angels of Death. At the very least I'm hoping for evil cataphractii, tartaros and contemptor rules

>WL traits, Artifacts, and detachment for all major legions
sure looks to be

I have more than enough models to field a blob of 20 sisters.

Would this be awesome or no? Why?

Nigga I said we as in MY group.
Even then I see more cringe from CSM players than most.
Even worse, our CSM players insist Orks looted wagons and mekguns are OP, Melta sisters OP and Dark eldar poison spam is OP.
Their armies are fine and don't need updates. And none of the CSM were real updates to

That's the whine we have to listen to from our CSM players.

You gotta remove full models if you are able. You can't just spread one wound onto every model before removing something.

>implying 1KS legion tactics won't be required

Imperial agents.

SoS, Custodes and Inquisition. Maybe even some church in there.

No SoB.

Fine I'll turn into that guy, get a bunch of picture related models. Run them as what ever suitable imperial agent that might fit.

Crimson update was actually a nerf, TH was mid tier at best, BL update is meh-ish.

We still have to see TL, but so far nothing really good.

DE are ok.

What can I do to make a Rhino fit in better with the thousand sons?

I mean yeah, there's a doors upgrade kit, but the base model is still a distinctly un-sorceregyptian brick. Anything more drastic which could be done do make it look fitting?

Make it float. I can't recall the company, but I'm sure a simple google image search could find it.

Anons, I need advice. I don't collect the figurines, but I love the lore. Normally I'd dismiss the figures as being too expensive, but I've just got a lead on someone selling a Tau XV8 Crisis Battlesuit model (unopened since it was made in 2009) for $30 Australian dollars. Is that a good deal?

No.

If you got a start collecting Tau box w/ standard online 20% discount, you'd get a good deal though. Three suits in the updated sculpt, ten infantry, one leader type dude. £40 or whatever that is in translation to your currency.

Hmm... Tsons doors, plasticard where the treads would be, flight stand... Could work.

This is more just me wanting something to put on my shelf, rather than actually assembling an army to play with. Does that change your assessment?

You don't want a single model of the outdated sculpt my dude.

They are a squad of characters, why can't they just look out sir each other? Where should I be looking in the rules that says otherwise?

He can look out sir, but he doesn't get to choose who the wound goes onto instead. It goes to the closest next model, and he can't LOS it again to another. To that end, it'll be looked out onto the next closest guy until that one dies. He can't wound shuffle one wound onto everyone in the unit.

Fair enough, I don't know jack shit about the miniatures so I'll bow to your expert opinion. I'm kind of surprised they've updated the model in between, but then again it's easy to forget that 2009 was nearly eight years ago.

they can los each other but it only applies to the closest model rather than any model within 6"

When can we expect leaks of rules for the new Thousand Sons?

Please be soon!

Unless he goes full cunt and makes them equidistant, then he could spread the wounds over the nearest models.

Besides, they're just regular characters, how was he passing all those 4+ LOS rolls?

A cheap CC Captain ? Also he can be a Librarian without swapping his head out. Picture related.

What is that supposed to be?

Honestly I find the low powered codex WAAC guys more annoying than high powered codex WAAC guys.

With a high tier codex power list you can refuse a game easily enough, or dial your list up to levels you normally don't if you have the models for it. (I tend to collect more of an army than I actually need, so I can generally combo things I wouldn't combo casually) and have a go if you're in the mood to.

With shit codexes, it's harder to tell at a glance if your opponent has brought unfun minmaxing and an obnoxious attitude to try to contest every little rule thing in their favour.

The least fun games I've ever played were against Tyranids and Dark Eldar. Not hardest to win, a challenge is one thing... But the most grindy, unfun slogs. Constant rules disputes, and spamming units that are tricky to damage.

>DESCRIPTION
>Across the battlefields of the Horus Heresy where brother fights brother, to the humanity's final days ten thousand years later, and from the war-torn Mortal Realms where brave heroes fight to save all from the pervasive grip of Chaos, to the astrogranite where teams of skilled Blood Bowl players vie for glory (and gold), there is one constant: great stories packed with action and drama. That's what you'll find in the 2016 Black Library Advent Calendar, with eighteen short stories and six audio dramas telling tales from all four of these diverse worlds, filled with heroes, monsters and mayhem.

>humanity's final days ten thousand years later
>humanity's final days
>final days
>final

Holyshit, is the 40K End Times confirmed?

1st edition nostalgia.

I'm cool with them shaking things up by moving to a new status quo where the Imperium's back is broken and humanity is forced to re-organise into smaller factions as the other races take advantage?

But I'm not cool with "And then the universe melted." *four month wait* "Okay here is our new, less interesting setting and also all the named characters are still in it"

Yeah, just gotta do a psychic hood over his hood.

shut the fuck up you fucking cunt, all these updates were G-A-R-B-A-G-E. I'd rather have nothing rather than this crap because each time they release this bullshit they feel like they did something for the chaos crowd and don't do actual updates.

Fuck you.

If they actually tuned up RT rules for a re-release, I would be jumpin'

>With shit codexes, it's harder to tell at a glance if your opponent has brought unfun minmaxing
No, you're just ignorant. It's not hard to see/know what units will be problematic.

You're either full of shit or a massive scrub that didn't realize flyrant spam or Corpsethief Claw would be hard lists.

so it is full of buttugly models?

I want the melted universe thing. I want to see what the 40K GW team will cook up.

Do you think they can top AoS?

How is your Sunday Veeky Forums?

I played 1500 point game, Tau vs Orks.
He took first turn.

how hard did you lose

Won a 1k Ork vs GSC game 7-4

Assembled my overkill box

And did laundry

So drier fresh warm clothes on the outside, the satifaction fo a hard fought victory and a sense of progress armywise.

just woke up, about to head off for a 1850 point match today for more tourney practise, everyone bringing a list against me don't have to adhere to the tournament rules

Traitor Legions supplement confirmed 3rd December

14 days, noice, i'm pumped

>YFW it's gonna be Angels of Death 2.0.

But made by the creative team behind waagh Ghazghkull

Yesterday I had one of the best games I've played. My Mechanicus and a small Inquisition detatchment, backed by a Knight Warden, against 2k of Renegades in that Unending Host detatchment that gives 2+ respawn, and a Daemon Knight of Nurgle.

Game ended with me being finally tabled with the last shots of T5, after my invisible Knight and my Haywire Dominus failed to take the last hull point off the Nurgle Knight and then he got 2 6s to hit and a 6 stomp to wipe the teams.

I killed a grand total of 389 models to his 43, we kept tally. Model of the game has to be my Ordo Xenos Inquisitor, he kept psychic shrieking LD5 20 man squads off the board as soon as they respawned with Outflank.
I don't think he failed one 2+ respawn the whole game. Still awesome, and next time I'm bringing a War Convocation, so might be a bit more even.

He instantly blew my lootas off the table and destroyed one mek gun, not as painful as expected.

lost 7 points to 9, 6 turns long game. Closest anyone has got to beating him so far.

2+ respawn with outflank is WAY over the top, especially when you don't even have to gimp yourself to get it. It doesn't matter how shit the units are, they make way more than their points worth if they just respawn once in a game.

I assume you weren't using killpoints because otherwise, holy shit would that be a wash.

We were using KP, but he had so many models it didn't even matter. I was winning 18-9, and he just tabled me.
I would have taken some pictures, but I never thought to, and it wouldn't be too impressive since everything was never on the board at once.

I did just have my 2 Dragoons and 2 Sicarian boxes delivered, so next time I will have some more anti-horde at my disposal. Infiltrators especially will be good, large hordes of T3, S3, FnP models like his infantry and plague zombies is basically their dream target.

Wait, I'm confused. It's possible to paint tau models? I assumed it just slid off or something.

He also had that Warlord Trait that gives him a VP on a 5+ when one of his squads dies within 12", so that helped him a lot after my Eversor failed his suicide charge to kill the Demagogue because I forgot he has a power sword to slice through carapace :(

what a fun tau army

so orginal

WarhammerTVteam has put up the traitor legions announcement video, and all the traitor legions are here, World Eaters, Night Lords, Thousand Sons, Word Bearers, Iron Warriors, Emperors Children, Death Guard and the Black Legion! Cant post link Veeky Forums thinks its spam.

Wait a second where the fuck are the Alpha Legion?

Everywhere

>bullied by captcha
>forget to link
I almost won despite his bs10 riptide blowing away most of my army
BUT
My Warboss rolled three 1s for his charge on the riptide, squandering all his tactical genius up to this point.