Approving PCs in an Overwatch campaign

Sup/tg/, I am DMing for four players in Savage Worlds, set in the Overwatch universe. They will be investigating the disappearance of the President's brother, and end up discovering a greater threat to the world. The players sent in concepts for characters, and I'm frankly not sure what to make of them. They are:

Jimmy Creed, son of the Overwatch operative Johnny Creed. The "sheriff of the future," he totes an energy riot shield, a stun baton, and a really big revolver with cryo, electric, armor-piercing, and shotgun rounds. Known for his love of poetry and backpacking. A true Southern gentleman.

Clarice "Clever Girl" Johnson, a genetically-engineered Deinosuchus. Cloned as part of an experiment to resurrect extinct species, she served in Blackwatch for a number of years. As a data analyst, not a field agent. She wields an armored stealth suit, a forearm-mounted shotgun, and her claws.

Jobin Shinjo, an assistant researcher on Tracer's time harness. Refining the device to be able to stop time and affect others at the cost of battery life, he uses the modified harness, a bow, and specialized arrows to bring the pain to his enemies. Likes marine mammals, gambles compulsively, and models in his spare time.

"Lazy I," a former corporate espionage operative. Basically a Shadowrunner, he decided to get out of the business and go legit. He never looked back, since his skills were in demand by security companies. A bit of a jerk, but he cares deeply for his crew. Uses drones and SMGs.

Thanks.

You're welcome.

Also, just out of curiosity, what sort of NPCs would you put in an OW campaign? Looking for bosses, allies, maybe even suggest a PC.

Literally what's wrong with them?

The first has too much utility and may be a reference to a certain tactical genius.

The second was created by someone I know is a furry.

The third is blatantly Jojo.

The fourth is actually fine.

Ok
Thanks

Creed is kinda cool, a bit plain but good role play could make him fun. Clarice is gold. 10/10 would save president's son with. Jobin is OK, I would maybe suggest that the arrows carry time based weapons, or that his arrows disappear and reappear at their target's place in space time. Needs tweaking be cool. Lazy I has best name, but generic. Kick it up.

Honestly, this is a 8/10 group. Be proud

>Not letting people play Dinosaurs
As long as they include a Jurassic Park joke, it's fine. Heck, have California have it's devastating quake and change Silicon Valley into that.

Tell the furry to cut that shit out.
The first has too much utility, I would tell him to pack only one type of ammo, or he has severely limited amounts of the special rounds, like one or two.

1. Aren't you, like, using a system that's decently balanced, and building all characters according to the same set of rules?
2. It all depends on how he's gonna play it out, and so far it looks good.
3. See above.

Player of Jobin wanted to:

Heal allies
Stop time (enough for one attack or move)
Attack twice with a single arrow (by returning a fired arrow back to the position from which it was fired)
Turn back time on targets hit by arrow
Stop time for targets hit by arrow

Creed agreed to have a limited supply of specialty ammo (6 rounds for two types per mission, 12 specials in total.

I checked with Clarice about my reservations, she was insulted that I even considered thinking that she'd magical realm it but agreed to not do it all the same.

1. Yes, but I'm afraid that all the characters' abilities, like time manipulation/invisibility could be overpowered given the situation.

2/3: Duly noted.

>likes marine mammals
>in his spare time
>likes

Okay, he HAS to have an uplifted dolphin as a girlfriend. Or have a big crush on one.

Nice.

Jobin seems... A little much. Sounds awfully like physics-lawyer-type stuff.

>"I have a magic cannon, but I only do same damage as any other magic weapon, and don't get AoE?! What kind of bullshit is that?! The shape of the weapon is for flavor only? IT'S A FUCKING CANNON!"

Tell Jobin to be more subtle. Seriously.

Oddly enough, I'd say the opposite. The first 3 are over the top and histories enough to fit into overwatch's more flamboyant cast, while the last is a bit to down to earth and grim.

Main thing on the first guy might just be a matter of versatility. Tell him to cut down on the different types of ammo. A genetically modified dinosaur isn't that strange when there's a talking gorilla.

The third is the main one that stands out, since Trader is already pretty special snowflake in terms of her powers, so someone with 'Tracer's powers, but better' is rather out there. What would be better would be 'time traps' to slow time in an area rather than stop it, perhaps designed as a prototype to the harness instead.

Fourth guy basically needs to be more colorfu, for lack of a better word.

Tell the third guy to actually make a character.

I don't see much difference between the dinosaur and Winston. All of those characters look fine for Overwatch.

Sup teegee. I'm quite new to shadowrun and I want to make a troll rigger. Not the most optimal of races for such a role but hey, fluff and roleplay reasons! What is the bare essentials a rigger needs?

Uh, wrong thread m8.

Well! That is what I get for posting while drunk on Veeky Forums! Enjoy the picture atleast.