Warhammer 40,000 general

Other armies would be thankfull for the support csm are receiving edition.

>Freshest Rules:
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Stale PDFs:
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!ddAxALZD

mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Outdated FAQs and Errata:
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM THE CLOWNS):
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

First for the Blood God

Are Flayed Ones viable in the current edition?

Third for gluing pre-primed minis are suffering.

Is using a Medusa Strike Force at 1000pts unacceptable? I just want to be footslogging Necrons.

Demi Company
- Terminator Captain
- 4 bikes 2 grav guns
- 8 marines 1 combi & plasma gun
- 7 marines 1 combi & flamer
- 5 marines 1 combi & melta & rhino
- 5 devastators 2 flak & 1 lascannon
- 1 ven dreadnought assault cannon

Honoured Ancients
- 1 Dreadnought plasma & missile

No, they are literally necron warriors without Gauss rifles

Casually yes, tournament no. They can do their job, their job just isn't that valuable.

Do most people play games at 1500 or 1850?

I thought it used to be 1850 but now I'm seeing a lot of different point values.

Depends on the area/country.

I do 400-1k tourneys, 15-1850 evening games.

1000 POINTS IS LOVE

1000 POINTS IS LIFE

What are the odds of most 1kSons' shit getting sold out before/few days after release?

>How does Admech play on the tabletop?
powerful shooting, constant mobility, but nor super fast unless you build for it. The have no transports to move their troops up quickly, but have some of the best basic troops in the game.

You can build them fast with rust stalkers and chicken walkers. It isn't the strongest build, but it is cool.

You can also build them into a gunline.

Mixed with allies, they can do some other neat stuff, but not the cheese they used to. Once upon a time, you could put them in space marine drop pods.

>sisters of battle are getting an update!
>so unimportant they have to share it with 8 other factions

Why the fuck are you so paranoid about this?

Depends if the supplement leaks before models go up for sale

Like grey knights and inquisition you mean.

hes a big guy

Cause I've been waiting for Tzeentch stuff for a few years(as in I'm hyped af), but being a poorfag I don't wanna preorder anything before seeing the rules

So at your FLGS it's a large variety. Thank you very much this means a lot to me.

Any word on official GW store games? I just moved and I know I have a GW store but I'm not seeing a FLGS near me yet.

Ummm, user?

Are you alright?

Pretty much, they're all just meme armies now ward has stopped working on them.

If it "sells out" it will be back in stock within a week. Don't worry about not getting anything.

Copy pasting from old thread:

How does Admech play on the tabletop?

Looking to get back into this hobby, haven't played since 4th edition.

Trying to decide between my original army (Tyranids) or trying something new.

Soulless murder boys always seemed cool to me but Necrons were so binary to play.

So theyre a more shoot army?

What do you mean by constant mobility, but slow?

If money's that tight you shouldn't be buying anything
If you base your purchases based on something's rules (when you've allegedly waited years for it) I have not sympathy for you

Oh I don't play at the FLGS, nearest one is just a hole in the wall with a kitchen table for MTG, I have a gaming group and a club.

>tzaangors will be premium priced cultists with mark of tzeentch baked in
>exalted sorcerers will have the brotherhood of psykers rule and be ML1 and like 40ppm

meant to reply to
from the previous thread

Scrape the primer off the attachment surfaces.

Try picking up the phone and calling them?

Just wanna make sure they're not absolute shit. I'd actually prefer them to be like top of tier 2, than number 1 op.

All their shooty shit is relentless, so they can always be moving, but he Kataphrons (Shootiest of the bunch) cannot run.

Can someone link me the Combat Patrol rules? We are considering going to that after the four Kill Team events are completed.

Please, and thank you, user.

They all have relentless so they can walk and shoot, most have bonus moving through hard terrain but they have no transports at all.

Tier 3 is pure comfy tier, come sit with the IG and the other non-cheese armies.

They have some assault units (rust stalkers, etc), but most of their units carry big powerful guns.

They have a lot of access to the relentless rule if I remember correctly, so they can move and fire heavy weapons as well as charge after firing rapid fire wepaons. This allows them to stay moving, but infantry still only move 6".

We don't give a flying fuck, user.
Keep whining about how your CSM update is not enough to make your army decent.

Yeah, it's just a bitch to do.

Superglue is your friend here. Also try covering the surfaces that will be glued together with tape before priming.

d-d-ddude p-p-plastic sisters confirmed !

1850 seems so arbitrary. I mean, 1750 is a multiple of 250 just like 2000, 1500, 1250, 1000, and 750 points games. But 1850 feels like some shop owner wanted to fit one more predator into his 1750 list and so changed the rules.

>Rubric marines will be AP3 relentless like in the good all times
20ppm

HNNNNNNNGGGG

the good ol' times

In honour of traitor legion supplement coming out you guys preparing anything?
Got my world eaters lord and word bearers sorcerer almost ready

Four boxes of Bezerkers along with Kharn are on the way.

Why would you do this to yourself?

I'm holding off from buying berzerkers until they get a model update it can't be too long now.... right... RIGHT

Tweaking an IH list, would you play against this? I know its not competitive, but I hope it would be fun against decent lists. I'm new to marines

Sons of Medusa Strike Force 2000 pts

**Armoured Task force** 470

Techmarine-110
-bike, servoarm

Vindicator-120

Vindicator-120

Vindicator-120

**Stormlance Demi** 785

Chaplin-110
-bike

attack bike-50
-melta

Tac squad-85
-plas
Razorback-75
-TL plas/lascannon

Tac squad-85
-plas
Razorback-75
-TL plas/lascannon

Tac squad-85
-plas
Razorback-75
-TL plas/lascannon

Dev squad-100
-2 missle launcher
rhino-35

**Raptor Wing** 275

Stormtalon-115
-skyhammer missle

Stormtalon-115
-skyhamme missle

Land speeder-45

**Honored Ancients**-150

Dreadnought- 115
-hvy flamer, TL hvy flamer
Drop pod- 35

**Librarian conclave**-330 (Techmarine conclave)

Librarian-110
-bike, ml2

Librarian-110
-bike, ml2

Librarian-110
-bike, ml2

>my flgs lets me use "scions of the forge" with the decurion so I can run an extra 3 techmarines for the chaplain.

>That giant superglue thumbprint on the khorne guy's stomach

Should I go Admech or GSC/Tyranids for my first army?

I was thinking GSC/Tyranids, but that Admech bundle coming in December is quite a deal.

Hey Anons, returning 1K Sons player here, I plan on getting the new models, but I've read that 8th is along the corner.
As someone who hadn't played (only painting/converting) since 5th, would you advise me to learn 7th or to keep doing my thing while waiting for 8th to land ?

I bought a new army today. I was intending to go Tau, but as I was looking at the different armies, the Astra Militarum caught my eye. I don't know why but my instinct told me to buy Imperial Guard and not Tau today.

Did I do good or bad Veeky Forums?

Was my decision a bad one? Are Imperial Guard terrible?

Should have I went Tau instead? I'm really not sure

>Nids vs AdMech+Knights
Gosh, I wonder what the outcome will be.

New T-Son campaign book WoM and the new Traitor Legions for T-Sons

Oh boy I get to buy 2 books!

I hope Traitor Legions is just a reprint of WoM stuff

If anything, I suspect traitor legions won't have the new T-Sons rules for rubricae, termies, sorcs, etc.

If the bugs play to the objectives and Knight guy just strokes his rapid fire cock, gribblies might pull out a win

I play both, Uhh AdMech gets much more love from GW because its imperium
you can do a lot of things with admech main+ about 500 pts of imperium allies

Which codex-adherent chapter should I paint my 1k C:SM army?

Marines malevolent

Depends
What style of play are you going for?
If you want to use everything just go alpha legion

Blood Ravens, of course.

Hammers of Dorn

Just standard codex stuff. 1k list is a terminator captain in a terminator squad, vendread, 2 tac squads and a predator.

THIS

FIRST WAVE FIRE
SECOND WAVE FIRE
ADVANCE
HOLD
FIRST WAVE FIRE
SECOND WAVE FIRE
FIX BAYONETS
CHAAAAAARGE

So a marine back from a Deathwatch tour can wear the silver pouldron. Do they wear it left or right? Silver arm too or just the shoulder?

How many basic infantry Daemonettes are enough for a Slaanesh Daemons/Noise-Marines centered Army?

Are Seekers usefull in comparison to fiends and bikers?

Thinking about a 1500-2500 points

I went with generic Mephiston Red with Black/Silver/Gold trim depending on the units
Gold is for HQs, Black for Troops, Silver for Elites. Gold weapons for the Champion of each unit to mark them out

So you think Admech would be a good first start then, at least to get used to the rules and such?

I figure the bigger models would let me get good practice with painting, too.

Then I can start up a Tyranid army when their new codex is released in 10 years.

>the dick dastardly of space marine chapters
They're the canon 'count as loyalists' warband basically.

That beast is from the works of 1000heathens!

Carchardarons too.

If I ever collect Marines again, it'll be Marines Malevolent or Minotaur. I like the idea of playing asshole marines and triggering Salamander players.

>google marines malevolent
>1d4chan tells me they have skaaven shoot-into-combat rules

Man whatta bunch of dicks.

>1d4chan

I don't undestand where scions of the forge plans into the decurion? Do you mean the tech-marines replace the Librarians?

Grey Knights converted into mini Castelan robots.

Hammers of Dorn

Say it's the Black Legion getting confused for them.

considered, and declined

What's this from user-kun?

The head? Wargame exclusive, along with Necrons tits and Mammory Tau.

it is kind of a shame really, because they have some cool models that are unusable because of it

IG are generally considered mid-tier - not OP, but not weak. They'll take some learning to get right (starter tips - don't be afraid to trade men for objectives or strategic purposes. They're going to die anyways, might as well make 'em die doing something worthwhile; specialize your units for one job and make them as good as you can at it; 100 S3 AP- Overwatch shots is fucking terrifying; never rely on one unit to get a job done, unless its a throwaway/distraction).

Tau regularly get OP shit, so you may struggle to find games (and you may very well find your carefully crafted non-OP list becomes the biggest cheese in the world next update, making everyone treat you like a pariah despite the fact that you tried not to be That WAAC Faggot).

As for whether you should have or not, that's something only you can answer. Think about what you want from an army, then look to see if IG or Tau can do that (or some other army, if neither can). Depending on what you got and what you end up going to (if you decide to go to another army), you may be able to make use of your recent purchases anyways.

Either way, welcome to the Guard, son.

Post the tau model.

>unusable
Do you play against nofunallowedfags or something? I use one of the Tau models as a Fireblade. Everyone gets a kick out of it.

How can we make 40k better? I'm thinking we get rid of most of the bloated imperial armies

make it something like:

>Imperial Guard
>Space Marines
>Ecllesiarchy
>Mechanicus
>Talons of the Imperium (Assassins, Inquisitors, Custodes, SoS, etc.)
>Grey Knights

whoops missed one

seriously who the fuck likes alien tits?

I don't like smut models and don't want them in my army even if others are OK with it.

>Imperial Guard
>Space Marines
>Mechanicus
>Imperial Forces

Ta-dah. Done in 4. 3 if you roll the Mechanicus into Imperial Forces.

Those are kinda dumb because they look like they got interrupted in the middle of changing their clothes. But I think this one is sweet.

>Imperium
Done. Compacted into one.

Everyone plays guard and just guard.

True I was thinking about making SoB/Ecclesiarchy just part of the generic "imperial" list

I feel like GK have too much of their own stuff now to easily become part of any other list (and although it pains me to say it, the yiffies are probably the same as well)

Hah. No.

Is it this guy or one of the samurai's

>Tau Culexus
That's pretty cool, actually.

I'm not sure what other model your talking about but those models look pretty damn sweet, Do you think if the Re-selling of the old daemenettes are really good they would rethink making more nicer looking female models.

GKs are probably the most likely out of those not listed to need their own book.

All the Yiffy stuff is just renamed versions of Codex stuff anyway. Long Fangs? They're devastators. Blood Claws? Assault Marines.

Yeah. Intended as a themed ally fig.

Mate that codex would be huge

I was more thinking of the thunderyiff cavalry, and those weird box aircraft they get

Fuck it, give all space marines the box-jet and maybe give the yiffs a supplement for all their other degenerate stuff