EDH/Commander General

Comfy Commander's Edition

Old: >Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/humanity-fk-yeah-1/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/dj-yidris-and-his-wheels-of-steel/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/06-05-16-karador/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/i-need-your-love/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Sigarda, Heron's Grace

Strictly worse than Host of Herons as a commander.

I think she's pretty weak for human tribal but on the other hand I like the nuance that the hexproof while feeling kind of random to me actually synergizes with innistrad's GW humans since they have an aura/equipment theme. Of course wanting to simultaneously go wide while also having the buff theme there is pretty shit but still.

Also it feels like Sigarda's aid fell off the map. That is a card that exists. I might out it into karlov since it's a one stop.

Well, I run a pretty stellar Host deck, but I can see why Heron's Grace would appeal to people doing human tribal + soldier token hordes. She's a definitely more budget-friendly too. My host enchantress deck runs pretty expensive.

It's a completely different deck than Host of Herons. a shittier one.but they aren't exactly in the running with each other

Yeah it is, but I like all the lore that surrounds her, plus the fact that she gives YOU hexproof, is pretty damn useful for a lot effects. Alot of humans aren't all that bad either, even if human tribal in and of itself isn't that good.

Me myself, I got tired of building combo, black, and stax, so I decided to build human tribal using Sigarda, Heron's Grace as the Commander. Much different building this deck than usual, especially because I had to compromise between value and flavor, as well as attempt to make a good deck because human tribal in and of itself isn't very good. Thought you guys would like a look, maybe make some suggestions, ask some questions about lore and shit.

Link: tappedout.net/mtg-decks/humanity-fk-yeah-1/

what is the most fappable magic card? I'm going on a camping trip soon and won't have Internet access for a few weeks. Nothing too expensive please. Bonus points for actual useful cards.

i fucking hate nerds

Woah. Don't tell me youve never don't crack a pack and spank it to the sweetest honey in there

The only mtg character that i wanna fuck is venser

First for holy shit stop buying Atraxa and Meren, have a fucking identity.

Sigaurdas aid is a game changer for voltron, look at all th swords and then look at them being flashed in response to a killspell or no blockers.

>tfw only junk commons to wank to

also in other news i played an edh deck on xmage that made me want to quit edh forever

azuza?

just realized this sounds like (you) bait so i'm just going to say the deck was azorius pillowfort

like, it wasn't a bad deck, it just felt like anti-mtg

building a budget Ghave combo deck & still need to cut ~30 cards before I adjust the lands

What do y'all think?

Don't fucking reply to this.

>human tribal + soldier token hordes.
I was actually thinking of this, any decent decks

I love to make "thematic" decks but they're always fucking terrible.

My group broke my spirit last night. Now I don't feel like playing mtg anymore. Its bullshit

get it off your chest user chan

thanks guys, sweet tech there
I might try karador, from my experience he's been a menace but I think with a focus on spirit/kamigawa tribal he should be a lot less insane. I just like making kinda whacky decks and kamigawa is one of my favourite sets both mechanically and flavourfully (it's just underpowered as fuck)

Shame I miss out on blue, I wanted to put the unspeakable in but I can think of some cool stuff just with karador.

What shit did they pull?

Pooling Counterspells and Fogs on you or something?

Nothing more to say really. Just them constantly targeting me and playing their stupid politics
>"hurr durr user you should have an answer to that card just played"
>"hurr you build up way too fast, meanwhile I will get out my consecrated sphinx and if you kill it I will pout until you take it back"

I'm just feeling burnt out from mtg. Probably take a break for a few months

Make a deck that completely breaks everything for everyone.

CHAOS!

Yes! Do stuff like Scrambleverse, Confusion in the Ranks, Thieve's Auction, Cruel Entertainment! Anything that breaks everything for everybody.

been there man

Secret tech for a lands matter deck?

Nonlands.

You're a drama queen, grow a spine.

>feel comfortable with what you brew, even frisky to put a sekrit tech or two
>look up card count
>105 cards
FUCK, what should I cut? tappedout.net/mtg-decks/dj-yidris-and-his-wheels-of-steel/

Is it possible to play with a different group for a while? or pic related if they are being typical whiny magic players

I already have a Mina&Denn deck, but it's getting too strong for my meta and I'm planning to build a Melek UR spells deck too. While I'm building the Melek deck, which precon should I get; Atraxa, Yidris or Meren?
Or would any of them be too alike GR gudstuff or Melek spells?

*I only have a Mina & Denn GR goodstuff deck

First of all, this would be valid if not for the fact that any precon commander is going to lead to only a few strategies if they're the "good" ones that are focused on something. That said, fuck Meren decks - they either dominate from the start or durdle until they can Fleshbag 2x/turn. Same shit every time. Haven't fought Atraxa yet but I know I will.

Meanwhile, /echg/, help me figure out the best ways to make the Meletis Men group hug harder while still enabling Me over Them. Thinking of going full Honden so I can draw lots more cards than they can.

>I'm a faggot, give me a (You)

Beating up someone over mtg isn't worth jail time. As for other groups I wouldn't know of any since my LGS only ever does Standard and Modern. But my group will also be unable to play since the games are usually hosted at my house since they're all basement dwellers. I think a break for about 2 months is all I need.

I decided to build a Kami of the Crescent Moon deck. Any interesting cards that aren't too common? Or maybe a decklist? I want to kill everyone by making them draw too many cards while stalling the game, or make them kill each other with the cards they draw. So card draw and politics would be great.

I know what you can add

so nekusar, then

r8 n h8
meant to be a midrangey control deck. karador is usually a mid to late game cast. any suggestions?
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/06-05-16-karador/

No, since Nekusar isn't mono U, presents itself as a threat, and the deck is way more expensive to build.

>tfw friend who used to borrow our decks to play bought meren last year
>then bought atraxa this year
please just make your own deck, atraxa isn't even that strong out of the box

ignite memories, demonic dread, deny reality, sangromancer, sprouting vines

Why the Cavern of Souls in such a non-tribal deck?

I have never used a comfy commander. So far I have had Jeleva, Jori en, new Olivia and Yidris.

What about comfy partners? Vial Smasher and Kydele seem pretty cozy together.

it's a little bit of an artifact from when the deck was more spirit heavy, but keeping karador from being countered is nice, and there are a few important spirits in the deck who can become uncounterable. I play in a blue heavy meta.

Probably cuz casting Karador is a vital part of the deck. Most of the time when he's dropped, the game is over. At least in my experience it is.

>It's a completely different deck than Host of Herons
Fuck off this is EDH. Most of your cards are either the same pile of goodstuff as everyone else, or suboptimal.

>My Meren is Lorwyn elf tribal swarm (she's not an elf but she interacts with the tribe better than Nath)
>My Atraxa is Voltron/Enchantress (Jitte, Counter Rings, Swords, Exalted-type stuff)

See? The commander doesn't necessarily have to define the deck, but is a generally strong card you always have access to for interaction with the cards therein. Some are more linear and obvious, but the two you mentioned CAN be built in quite a few ways, especially given the 100-card singleton format.

If you want to see REALLY boring deck construction... look at modern and the same five Tier 1 decks that everybody plays.

What should you cut? Jesus fuck man like half the deck. Brainstorm with no easy access shuffle effects? Storm cards? Pointless cascade spells?

I would like to nominate Crown of Doom as one of the most woefully underplayed and underrated cards around. I slipped it into my aggro weenies deck and gave me about 60 damage worth of value for 5CMC.

>building Yidris
>all the strategies I think of would work better with this guy as commander

why is it so hard to not just build UGcombos.dec

Because EDH should in reality have a really big banlist.

i agree kind of, I used to build white weenies and vorthos stuff but I got tired of losing and bought Bloom Tenders and Palinchron's and Dead Eyes. now my playgroup has basically told me to power down or get lost, but it's so hard to build intentionally shittier decks when you have the cards and know how to go hard.

not him but brainstorm is good with wheels

What Commander Should I run for my UR Chaos Deck Currently Running Melek & Niv Miz the Firemind but want to switch it up.

Arjun

Mishra. Read him carefully, then read Possibility Storm carefully.

dont do mishra, basically requires possibilty storm out to be good, otherwise useless and actually hurts you..

Not really. There's a number of enchantments that can counter things as a trigger, and he works with all of them.

How does this play. I'm very tempted to make it

its "woefully" underplayed because stuff like gahiji already exists and doesn't fuck you in the ass. I don't know what colors you are in, but green, red, and white all have better anthem effects on their own than this. Unless you are running UB tokens (zombies?) I can't recommend this card at all.

To be honest, I haven't a clue, I haven't even finished putting it together, much less played it yet. Putting together the decklist itself though was fun. Some cool secret tech I found while building it was Standard Bearer and Palace Guard, have their own flavor that I love...

>There are other things that do similar things so it is automatically bad, because heaven forbid you put multiple pump effects in.

Because that's how you play commander right? You throw one Beastmaster Ascension into the 99, dust your hands and sit by contently.

I was thinking of doing that with papa Kruphix. Cards you might want to use are Ebony Eye Netsuke, Iron Maiden, and Uba Mask.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/i-need-your-love/

Helloooooooo new card for my Jeskai chaos deck.

>Card disadvantage to achieve nothing besides a "splashy" effect
People like you are the worst to play with. Why sit down if you aren't at least going to try and win?

I fucking love Dimensional Breach, but I like it way better in a Voltron deck

Also, about the deck:

The criteria for cards to go into the deck was a bit...restrictive but, for the most part, I'm happy with what I came up with. Generally, everything in the deck was slotted in along the idea of 'Humanity, FUCK YEAH!', so keeping with that theme, along with some other self-restrictions, due to lore and whatnot, the criteria for cards ended up becoming:

>Nothing portraying Humanity in a negative light
>Nothing involving or referencing Fate or Destiny
>No Deities, Angels, Elementals, Avatars, or Incarnations
>Nothing referencing Deities, Angelic beings, Elementals, Avatars, or Incarnations
>No Legendaries other than those on Innistrad whom are still alive/in one piece (with one exception)
>Nothing referencing Legendaries not from Innistrad (with at least one obvious exception)
>No non-human mortal beings (with some rare exceptions)
>Nothing portraying or referencing non-human mortal beings
>Nothing referencing locations other than Innistrad (With a couple of exceptions)
>Nothing with non-Innistrad watermarks (again, some exceptions)

But I am.

Its just fun to be chaotic along the way. I usually win via Celestial Convergence, Felidar Sovereign, Test of Endurance, or draw it out with Divine Intervention.

>he doesn't like pic related

best way to trigger a competitive player is to put Warp World on the stack, generate infinite mana, and use reiterate to put N copies of Warp World on the stack, where N is any number greater than 1. Teach them that some games just aren't worth winning.

Who said anything about competitive? I just find it insulting that someone would sit down to play a game with me when they have little to no intention of trying to win.

Finding it insulting is a little excessive. You shouldn't take something like that personally.

When you have a job, you value your free time a lot more.

I work two jobs and actively try to make time to play magic.

Don't be petty. It's a casual game in a casual format. Grab a beer and play.

He was making a joke about a super tedious unanswerable combo, that could theoretically be won, but would take an infinite amount of time and shuffling. You're acting like a retard on the internet because your feelings.

Hey guys, just wondering if this will work?
Im going to try it out at the LGS tommorow
Im running a Hanna, Ships navigator deck btw
with an artifact subtheme

Scrambleverse is better imo, it tilts tryhards just as hard for one mana less, but it also has a better chance of fucking them over as well. Usually there's at least one dude playing Maelstrom or Mayael at my tables, who has a million things on board already, and Warp World usually gives him just as many things to smack you in the face with. Scrambleverse redistributing peoples expensive toys amongst the table has been the catalyst for limitless rage and even some wins for me.

Both Host of Herons, and Heron's Grace are going into my Sisay utility deck. Do I want hexproof, or immunity from sac effects.

Looking for an Alternative to this in Xenagod.

Using it to bounce shit like Genesis Hydra to repeat his effect when I can generate 20+ mana a turn.

Or regal force, eternal witness, etc.

stop making posts like this, they aren't funny

Hehe. I want to run this in a monarch deck.

Temur Sabertooth?

Why not just run Nim Deathmantle and ashnods?

Can I see your list?

how would that flicker genesis hydra?

>genesis hydra
>x-cost card
>Graveyard play

please. you're better than this.

DO you think people will laugh at me if i bring this to my LGS? I think i already get looks for my suggestive one piece sleeves. Do yall think this is too much?

Well, shit I ignored the genisis hydra part and got excited for the 20+ mana eternal witness recursion combos.

I almost judge you more for the poor fucking art than the fact you have a cheesecake alter.

Seriously bad. Don't do it.

tear the card up and burn it, it's worthless.

Yes, that's way too far. Suggestive anime poses are fine but reprehensible, that is just lewd and crude with very little taste. With friends and beers that would get you looks, with a lgs you're going to get bitched at.

Suboptimal fun is half of the enjoyment.

>felidar sovereign

are you sure? the store owner is pretty cool I think he likes me. and there are not alot of kids there,

Had a commander game today and holy shit was it hilarious. I'll split it into the two best parts.
>6-Man Commander
>Game reaches its near end after Non-Black Brothers Hug Deck throws us several turns into the future with free hugs
>Mono black player with Phage the Untouchable as commander
>Got Platinum Angel on the battlefield two turns ago
>Most patient iv ever been playing mono-red but it was oh so worth it
>"Alright, playing Phage from the command zone"
>THE TIME IS NOW
>"In response i pay 5 to use Shattering Pulse with buyback on your Platinum Angel"
>Everyone is silent
>No Responses from fun police
>We spend about 30 seconds staring at eachother
>Wiggle my eyebrows
>He pitches a fit and scoops
>Levels of smug achieved that I never thought possible to find within myself
>"Don't worry, dude, ill handle him", says the Atraxa player

And so it begins

>Phage as commander
He was asking for it desu

you mean standard with the same two decks not modern which puts 6 differnt decks in every top 8

>phage as commander
I can feel the smug all the way from here you did good user.