Worldbuilding

dark souls/bloodborne x ancient egypt, go

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GJP8XTzpOCw
youtube.com/watch?v=XwwzmgJtACY
youtu.be/yKsmApkryNY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Most of the gods have died in a war of some kind.
>natural processes are breaking down as a result
>Crops don't grow
>the dead can come back from the afterlife, if they even make it there in the first place
>the day/night cycle is completely random
>weather and seasons happen randomly

Dead Pharaohs are the guardians of the afterlife. In order to move on, the cursed must enter their tombs, where they have absolute power, challenge them, and take their key to the door of the underworld.

>>the day/night cycle is completely random
>>weather and seasons happen randomly
Or rather, they don't happen at all.
Everything is just stuck in a perpetual cycle of what the time of death was.
God help you its summer and day.

>God help you its summer and day.
I imagine that would be the case for most of them. Imagine dying of heatstroke to find out your afterlife is another fucking desert.

Or worse, imagine dying of heatstroke but then finding out death is no longer a concept and you are experience infinite heatstroke.

tfw youtube.com/watch?v=GJP8XTzpOCw

The souls that don't reach the afterlife, however that happens, meld into a single amalgam of damned souls. This is the universes attempt at replacing the God of the Dead, but the flawed and unnatural process leaves it completely braindead. It's the complete death of personality that awaits those who can't make to the afterlife of eternal suffering.

races?

False Inheritors. Malicious beings of unknown origin that hide in the shadows in the back of one's eye sockets, piloting the bodies of those who have given into despair and no longer care what happens to them.

so vampires? ancient aliens? both?

4 races including the slave race: the hebrew.

I forget the names but based on the 4 most common races in egypt.

>lying jew detected.

The shards of the dead God of Love and Hope. Desperately trying to pretend everything is okay, but viewed as evil doppelgangers by the unaffected. They act on instinct and predesignated patterns based on who they infect.

What?
The jews were common slave stock amongst others, but its simpler to have five idealisms than realism.

There few if any jewish slaves in ancient egypt. The only ones that show up in the archaeological record were prisoners of war.
>but muh old testament
Lies.

>tfw you are the long dead servant of a long dead pharaoh
>awake in your nameless tomb
>no real memory of an afterlife
>current world gone to shit
>ruins and monsters everywhere

what happened?

must fight my way to my boss... should i? how? what if he will be pissed off? he will be pissed off either way... what should i do?

The great tombs of kings dead-but-arisen provide the only refuge from the eternal day. The rulers of Pyramids are known to allow the living to dwell within its catacombs and vaults, but some toll is always taken.

Runners are attempting to map out these Pyramids, serving as towns and settlements, though the shifting sands and relentless heat mean many Runners are led astray and consumed by the lurkers in the sands. Though few have seen these Lurkers, rumor from Pyramid to Pyramid is that they are those denied entry to a Pyramid. Trapped forever in the land of the living, their minds are rotten and their tastes twisted.

praise the sun?

Gonna take a spin on this:

>Most sapient/benevolent gods are dead
>Remaining are mostly the unthinking primordial "gods" that rule the cycles of the universe
>Humans survive between "Years of Flood" when new life can be brought into the world
>And "Years of Plague" when monsters and curses descend on mankind

Kinda wanted a "living by the cycles of the Nile" thing going on.

Other stuff we should work with...
>Pyramids are spaceships of the gods
>Apep/Apophis wreaking havoc in some way
>The sun "hatched" bathing the world in darkness, and now cosmic dung beetles rolling miniature suns roam the earth

Carrion Crows. Neutral entities that result from souls escaping the aforementioned braindead amalgam. Without minds, they instinctively feast on the residual memories of corpses to form a personality. Inevitably they come across another with memories from the same corpse and attack one another for stealing their life, only for the survivor to reaffirm his belief in who he is. After they gain enough conflicting memories they realize what they are, and lie down to be consumed by others of their ilk.

Git gud.

Yes. This needs to carry over to all settings we make.

/pol/ing aside, a slave race sounds like it would fit in really well.

In the land of the undying, the former slaves are driven by fathomless bitterness towards their previous masters. They stalk the land, tirelessly hunting and mercilessly slaughter all they find who have any connection to the people who enslaved them.

> The slave race was a race capable of enslaving others but was enslaved for use as slave takers/overseers.

>it is finally in my possession, the bow of times immemorial, a chance to bring an end to the eternal day
>there is only one arrow though
>crystallized tear of the moon god(dess?)

youtube.com/watch?v=XwwzmgJtACY

should i risk it, Veeky Forums? an eternal night would surely be better than an eternal day. maybe this would also cause the sun to cry? and then with the sun's tear (wherever it lands, and if i can retrieve it) i can control the sun and moon, and bring back order to existence?

>cosmic dung beetles rolling miniature suns roam the earth
where did you steal this from? :D

Time of day and seasons are fucked yo, all that'd do is make it sunny where it's eternal night, and dark where it's eternal day.

What is an angel to you?

I want to play mine up as cosmic spirits who symbolize aspects of God/Jesus such as his love, wisdom, wrath, etc

Yet at the same time I'd also like to use aspects of Christ such as the Good Shepard, the Way, the Light, the Savior, the Lion, the New Adam, the Lamb, or even that nice vaguely ethnic looking guy in a baseball cap who comforted you during a hard time in life

I think embodiments of abstract ideas would be too weird for most players

gtfo jew

God being undead must be the worst thing ever, the numbness, the almost trough the window haze you feel and the fact that you will not age with the times, being stuck in a constant loop of new, alien and horrible cultures. You cant even feel good about bettering yourself or doing anything, your "emotions" are simply you telling yourself you should simulate something like that, but you're of course not going trough it. Only reacting as if an actor in a play.

Its not something I'd wish on any man.

I'm agnostic m8

The more you look at Dark Souls the more tragic it all becomes. I fucking love that game.

I want to work an afterlife angle in here somewhere... Perhaps the underworld is a place that is known to reliably exist, and great kings commit mass suicide with servants and soldiers in efforts to conquer and colonize new kingdoms on the other side, in hopes that "life" there is more hospitable.

Idunno. Honestly there's a lot of kooky stuff in Egyptian myth that just needs a little tweak to be grimdark enough for Soulsborne.

Main character would definitely be the servant of some Pharaoh who is trapped between life and death. Maybe souls are unable to pass onto the afterlife due to certain Pharaohs fucking with the natural order to attain immortality, and for the bountiful season to come again they must be slain.

Cats are servants of the gods and little talking ones are found around to give tips/be collectables.

Canopic jars instead of estus flasks. Sarcophagi instead of bonfires.

Well, the sun is rolled across the sky by a dung beetle in myth, so I just took that and though "how can I make this horrible."

mfw i am op of thread never played dark souls. also you guys with your "eternal day" shit. that's like, why? need something like picrelated to occur at least sometimes in the setting, for the dark aesthetic.

>Main character
main characters since its tg lol

>The more you look at Dark Souls the more tragic it all becomes.
When the fuck was any of what that guy said canon to Dark Souls? From the games, undead seem to have emotions just fine.

The ocean has taken a permanently grey hue somewhere between light and dark. The surface is now an unbreakable field that stops those who traverse it from falling through. The field is still semipermeable, as water still flows easily over and through it. The combination of stationary and moving stimuli results in an oddly serene feeling of the world spinning around you, which leads to ones path becoming a random walk through the grey light. The fact that those who walk here are often blindly wandering off course means nothing, as the ocean is now truly infinite, with no end or beginning. The land is merely a single break in the monotony. None can die whilst standing on its surface, and it is said that those who wander here but keep their minds where most would lose theirs may suddenly find themselves in a radically different infinite expanse, perhaps filling the roll the ocean serves but for other worlds.

That was one guy saying eternal day. The rest are saying it's random what it's like at any given period of time or that the afterlife is the time of day when you died.(hence why dieing of heatstroke sounds fucking horrible)

I think he was referring to Hollows. Granted, referring to both of them as simply "undead" is pretty stupid.

You cry when you have to put him down because:

> Before the world started ending an unrelated apocolyptic force.
> The benign Pharaoh sacrificed himself alone to end it.
> World's ending, looks like it's flared up again like a bad case of herpes.
> His soul is still inside of the primordial bullshit of fuck.
> Burnt Ivory Pharaoh motherfucker.

youtu.be/yKsmApkryNY

monsters - crocodile centaurs, like horse + man but all crocodile

>Have to fight a near legion of your fellow servants.

>There was Erik, he wanted to learn how to read one day.

>Salley was going to take you to see her family one day,

>They're dead, all of them.But they're still walking around, some of them even look like they might recognize you,

>What made you so special?