There is literally nothing wrong with new-Crons

There is literally nothing wrong with new-Crons.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0PAzXEIsxl4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I know this is supposed to be a bait-thread, but I unironically agree. What I would like to see, on the other hand, would be a faction dedicated to sharded, free Transcendental C'tans. Maybe it could be what happened to priests/favored priests? They became enslaved to particular C'tans but when those got sharded or some such?

I don't know. Just spitballing rn.

It's been like 5 years, is this still something Veeky Forums is complaining about.

I wouldn't say there is nothing wrong, but they are certainly an improvement over the old ones.

>There is literally nothing wrong with new-Crons.
Yes there is. The semi removal of their FTL makes no sense as the Crons dont seem able to create temporary webway portals as the eldar do. So how do they get around?

>guaranteed replies
Newcrons are a more interesting political faction now that they're actively pitfighting each other all the time. Oldcrons were just a huge army of Terminators who put the kebash on some old niggas.

Don't they present tomb-world's still enthralled to C'tan shards as an option for your dudes in the codex?

What is the difference between old-Crons and new-Crons.

Semi-new to warhammer, btw.

New necrons were a massive rewrite of the necron lore and fluff, which changed them from nearly mindless killing machines, bent on wiping out all life, to just another faction with warlords and soldiers and shit, who just happen to be made out of metal.

Also, the Egyptian influences are now so thinly veiled as to be sometimes laughable.

Whether that's "wrong" is a matter of personal taste, but I always liked the Necrons for how unique in concept they were.

Being a mix of metal tyranids and chaos with a splash of badly handled Lovecraftian horror was unique?

Old necrons had virtually nothing in common with tyrandis, chaos or lovecraft stories.

Do they? I don't play 40k. I just read the lore & Veeky Forums threads and enjoy it from a distance.

My biggest problem is that there isnt enough stories about them. Imho, they are interesting enough to carry their own novels...where they are the protagonists

Veeky Forums has always said that, and I don't know anyone who would raise a fuss for styling your army that way, but I've never actually seen that in the codex.
If anyone could give a page number or quote to the contrary, I'd like to see it.

>implying the Imperium shouldn't attempt to side with a Necron dynasty somehow in exchange for boosting their tech a thousandfold

They wanted to consume all the souls of all living beings and set up giant farms to harvest them forever. The latter part is basically unique, but really it's just a permutation on the "consume all of reality" shtick that both Chaos and the Tyranids have going on.

They're just Chaos Androids user.

While this is kind of a simiplications, but Oldcrons were kind of similar to Tyranids. In the sense they were both "doomsday" races, an overwhelming almost impossible to beat force that was indominatable and would eventually bring an end to everything. Which is kind of why the Newcrons were given so much personality, because it was somewhat redundant having more than one race like that.

Other than that the major difference is with the C'tan. Prior to the retcon the C'tan rivaled the Chaos Gods in terms of fluff danger. They were Gods except on a physical realm, and they were a pretty massive threat. Newcron lore made them a lot weaker due to them being shattered into shards in the aftermath of the War of Heaven.

Though older fluff like the Void Dragon being on Mars is still there, just given new context (like the Void Dragon being a massive shard in mars rather than the whole being, and the Deceiver having a lot of loose shards screwing around with people).

On the whole I think it is a change for the better, I just wished they had more of a presence in the fluff. Right now it seemed like the change was done mainly to explain why Necrons would fight against one another, and why they would ally with other races.

They do, they made sure to specifically point out new lore friendly reasons why some Necron forces would still act like the Oldcrons.

I believe there was a Forgeworld book about a specific dynasty that had something wrong with them as they woke up; so they all acted like Oldcrons and were all about harvesting life or something.

A race is defined by a lot more than it's collective goals, you know.

And that's a pretty different goal than tyranids and chaos.
They want to consume everything to dominate the galaxy.

>A race is defined by a lot more than it's collective goals, you know.

But that's all the Necron's had really, other than some vague intentionally left out details for lore wank, all we knew about them was the collective goal.

There were no individuals in that race for them to have anything other than a collective goal. And that was the whole bloody point of the Newcron retcons. At most you could argue the C'tan might have had some unique goals, but the fact of the matter is there was no signs at the time for that to be the case. The Nightbringer was only interested in killing shit, and the Deceiver in novels (when it bothered to show up) just fucked around.

The only really major scheme seemed to be the time it told Abaddon all that shit during the 12th Black Crusade. And even that led to nowhere.

>But that's all the Necron's had really,
Alright, I think I can just safely stop reading there.

I assume that this comment
>They want to consume everything to dominate the galaxy.
you are referring to the old Necrons.
Because that's just combining the motives of the Tyranids who want to consume everything, and Chaos who want to dominate the galaxy. So yes the old necrons were so different to Chaos and Tyranid.

Okay user, then what else did they have from a motivation standpoint, really tell me. I've read every single bit of Necron fluff out there, every Codex, every novel that has even a mention of them I've read.

What goals did they have other than "purge life on this planet" and the overarching plan of using the living as cattle? Because I can't think of any to type and I'm sure you can't fucking either.

>They want to consume everything to dominate the galaxy.

Yeah, because that is SO different from the Tyranids who want to consume everything in the galaxy. And definitely different from Chaos that wants to dominate everything in it too.

user, did you actually think about what you were writing there, because I can't think of how'd you would write that out seriously.

No, both chaos and tyranids want to consume everything and dominate the galaxy.
The tyrandis are just more literal in the way they consume.

Old Necrons on the other hand are extremely ancient robot slaves who exist to systematically purge life from the galaxy, and harvest it for the demigods who enslaved them and turned them into mindless killing machines.
The key here being that they don't care about conquest, or power, or anything really.

Man it's been a while since I leapt into 40k and I just checked out the crons and they are 10x more badass than I remember them back before the 2000's. Whats the "problem" people have with them now?
>mfw Ghost ark and Imotekh are my fav models so far
I might just pick this shit up

>Okay user, then what else did they have from a motivation standpoint, really tell me.
see

>asks for (apparently retarded) user to point out what motivations they had other than the collective goal
>redirect to his retarded post about their collective goals

Well, I think I know what your problem is user. You're just too stupid to read plain old text. Maybe you should work on that before trying to debate Warhammer lore?

>Whats the "problem" people have with them now?

Some just hate the change in general, but mostly people (even those who like the personality changes) didn't like the whole C'tan being nerfed thing.

I mean I kind of understand it from a race power structure standpoint, but it was a bit strange to see a bunch of creatures said to rival the Chaos Gods reduced to Pokemon.

Show me where I claimed they had other motivations.

I said
>A race is defined by a lot more than it's collective goals, you know.
clearly showing that I understand they have one central motivation, but contending that they are far more than just that one motivation.

It's getting pretty annoying having to spell this out for you while you stamp your feet and call me names to feel better about yourself.

Oh so the Old Necrons were Souless metallic husks whose soul goal was to consume everything so that their enigmatic creators/master could dominate the galaxy.
As opposed to the Tyranids who are husks with one soul for each hive fleet (kinda) and just want to consume everything for reasons unknown.
And Chaos just want to dominate the galaxy for their enigmatic masters.
Okay I see the difference now.

They can still exterminatus multiple worlds on their own.

I think it speaks more to the power of the Necrons, rather than the weakness of the C'tan.

No, because what we're saying is that they don't have anything besides their collective goals. They don't have individual personality, they exist solely as a collective.

But the oldcrons had nothing else apart from that collective goal user. Apart from making Pariahs for reasons.

>but contending that they are far more than just that one motivation.
And yet you've been asked multiple times what they are beyond that one motivation, but you've still yet to give a single one.

You can't keep saying "they were more than that collective goal!" without saying what they are beyond that retard.

>Oh so the Old Necrons were Souless metallic husks whose soul goal was to consume everything so that their enigmatic creators/master could dominate the galaxy.

Nope. At least not in any permanent fashion.
If you look really closely at my previous post, you can see that I've stated this already.

Besides, if you're going to be that vague in your descriptions, I could spin the Imperium to be a faction that wants to dominate the galaxy to serve its enigmatic master too.
I guess every faction is just exactly the same, huh?

>Apart from making Pariahs for reasons.
That was still a part of their collective goal user. They were doing it so that they could eventually cut off the material realm from the warp, so that it would interfere with their whole "harvesting life and making everything cattle" mission.

Don't listen to that user, it's pretty clear he doesn't know what he's actually talking about, and is talking out of his ass.

What do you mean they had nothing?

I've explained multiple times what makes their race unique. Just read the thread.

Read the thread and stop your childish name-calling or I'm done talking to you.

Stop responding to him guys. It's not that hard.

Agreed

Okay, it's pretty clear now he was baiting.

Putting that aside has there been any Newcron stuff in the fluff lately? I assume there were mentions in the Death Watch book but I haven't read it myself.

The last Newcron fluff I read was one of the short stories with Trazyn taking a space marine for his collection.

Aww but its fun seeing what he'll respond with.

One of my favorite parts of the oldcron fluff was the bits that were just written from the perspective of the imperium. How they were described as almost a force of nature unmoving and uncaring serving godlike beings whose motivations were obscure at best.
The worst part of the oldcron fluff was when things were explained and all the newcron fluff just felt like MORE EXPLAINING.

I liked the oldcrons for the inevitable dread aspect.
With oldcrons, you know that they're going to fucking kill you. Anyone who encounters them and doesn't immediately die knows that they're going to fucking kill you. That's it. Entirely implacable and impossible to communicate at all.
The tyranids are similar, but they're a lot more... Squishy. You can temporarily beat back the tyranids until the next wave shows up with resistance to your attacks. You couldn't beat back the oldcrons. They'd just never stop.

Now, you can potentially communicate with them and come to understand them, which isn't as interesting to me as an observer, since the same can be said of every other faction except chaos on a bad day.

Codex Necrons - 2002
Codex Newcrons - 2011

Oldcrons really didn't have much lore to work with, just people opening dormant tombs and everything going to shit.

meant to add that the sparseness of potential lore is evident in how little they did in the 9 years the oldcron codex was out. That's a long time for nothing.

Problem 1 with the Newcrons :

Unlike the Oldcrons, the Newcrons are unstoppable. As underlined by the prophecies in the Oldcron codex, there was hope of preventing the C'tan dominion. I mean you had the Blackstone Fortresses which possible can kill the C'tan and leave the mindless Necron hordes leaderless.

The Newcrons as they presented in the fluff, cannot be stopped by any means. They are rising at a rapid rate and uniting swiftly. Unless the lesser races unite against them, the Necron victory is assured. Considering that the Tyranids, Orks, Chaos will never ally with each other or the other races to stop the Necrons, it's all forgone conclusion. The Necrons will win.

This removes any tension and investment in the setting, where there was one in the old lore.

Also, hasn't Orikan pretty conclusively said that Necron dominion is the future he's foreseen?

Problem 2 with the Newcrons :

Necrons personalities are too human. Laziness or is it intentional?

Xenos writers usually put an effort to make the Tau. Eldar, and Orks seem alien to us. With the Necrons there is little effort in making them seem alien to the reader. Removing the silly names in their lore, any of their fluff pieces can easily look like something from any codex.

For example, if I didn't tell you the guys partying here are Necrons, would you have guessed it? It just as easily could have been Eldar or even humans.

tl;dr, for all the talk about personality. Necrons do not have unique personalities to them

As far as I know...
No, he hasn't.

Problem 3 with the Newcrons :

The bunny ears. Yes, this needed a post by itself. This was designed to be regal and majestic but in reality they look silly. A grim faced metal skeleton with bunny ears. I just can't,..I am sorrrrreee.

Problem 4 with the Newcrons :

Codex Newcrons are written too silly. Hear me out. Previous Necrons tone was grimdark and dooooom. Nowadays it's written like its a tongue in cheek comedy with a laughing track playing whenever those silly Newcron do one of their antics. It's basically a sitcom. I mean look at Necrons special character backgrounds. From Imotekh to Trazyn, they all fall into the silliness spectrum with Trazyn and the senile nemsor being the utmost extreme.

initially this huge tonal change caused a headache for anyone who knew Oldcron lore. And as the years past and people got used to the wacky silliness, the HACKS at the FW wrote the Newcrons as some sort of scary super serious DOOM-DOOM monsters. Again the whiplash of the tone switching back and forth is disconcerting. It's as if the writers have no idea what the Necrons should be.

tl;dr other races have a consistent tone/theme. Necrons can't stick to one tone or a single theme. They are all over the place.

forgot my picture.

Problem 5 with the Newcrons :

A picture speaks louder than a thousand words.

youtube.com/watch?v=0PAzXEIsxl4

I just wished personally that they would be modified as another mechanical xenos race, or maybe the old necrons are switched back to some more subtle other xenos metallic servant race for the surviving C'Tan or other scary progenitor.

But then I am autistic and want like 10 times more xenos factions of all fleshy, energy, metallic, or otherwise nature in the fluff though.

Those look sick what do you mean ?

>consume all
Like this isn't the endgoal of the Imperium, Tau or Dark Eldars. It's hard to find dystopian expansionist empires that don't want to rule everything.
Eldar are even worse since the Rhana Dandra will consume everything.

Not him, but what's the point of putting pilots in everthing when you're robots?

Because it's COOL.
No, seriously, I get the argument and you're right, but I'm sure you can pull something of the like "necrons have more computing powers and thus are better pilots" or shit like that

Fucking captcha

My personal problems with Newcrons:

1. They have no niche in the 40K universe. They feel unnecessary. They are characterized as doing everything other factions do BETTER. Even in terms of symbolism they crib all the same themes as Eldar. They just seem pointless.

>ancient precursor race like Eldar, but EVEN OLDER
>advanced technology faction like Eldar, but EVEN MORE ADVANCED
>destroyed their own civilization by bringing evil god(s) into the world like Eldar, but EVEN MORE EVIL GODS
>evil gods fucked their souls like Eldar, but EVEN MORE FUCKED
>based on pre-Christian 'pagan' civilizations like Eldar, but EVEN MORE OBVIOUS ABOUT IT
>have seers that look into the future like Eldar, but EVEN MORE BETTERER
>proud and haughty toward younger races like Eldar, but EVEN PROUDER

They're fucking metal skellington eldar at this point.

2. The fluff change was supposedly to give them more character, but it feels like there's less. They are painfully Egyptian now; the 'pyramid builders' aesthetics was there before, but now it overrules everything. On top of this, the actual Necron characters, like Imotekh and co, are absolutely terrible.

3. The aforementioned Necron aesthetic has become super fucking goofy now. Basically every new unit the Necrons have looks stupid as hell, and rather than playing off the interesting, genuinely grimdark shit in their concept (like the way Flayed Ones are all about the horror of a consciousness trapped in automated steel slowly going fucking crazy), it just goes 150% Egypt.

The constructs are very cool too.

It goes with a another shift from mostly "functional" robots like the tomb spider to piloted vehicles and insectile robots.

It removes a bit of the mistery : It's no more "how does this thing works?" since you can see the necron pilot. I can imagine a human pilot stealing one of those things. I can't imagine someone stealing a monolith.
As a result, it's less threatening IMO. Your imagination can't run wild.
Same with the insectile robots. Acanthrites for example. I imagine a giant robot wasp will act like a regular wasp, except bigger and with death rays.

But the Scythe flyers are absolutely cool, pilot aside.

I think it looks stupid.

And not menacing at all.

>like the way Flayed Ones are all about the horror of a consciousness trapped in automated steel slowly going fucking crazy
I can't help but find the new flayed ones completely goofy.
The old ones had this sleek killer look with those nice scissorhands, while the new ones have poor quality limbs, crude blades, and things like skull necklaces or orc as a hat.

>I'm sure you can pull something of the like "necrons have more computing powers and thus are better pilots" or shit like that

You can't because the Necrons use pilots because it's a matter of tradition.

There is zero evidence that the C'tan were evil.

And the cryptek seers farsight via star gazing is described as less focused than the Eldar warp farsight.

>There is zero evidence that the C'tan were evil.

>star vampires
>called things like deciever or nightbringer
>one looks like the grim reaper
>enslaved the necrontyrs

I'm sure it's all a big misunderstanding and that they like baking cookies.

The new Flayed Ones do look total shit, but that's simply because GW is going down the design shitter.

>There is zero evidence that the C'tan were evil.

Their first interaction with Necrons was to steal their fucking souls and contemn the majority of their race to an existence as mindless automatons, presumably with the intention of using them like this forever.

Oh, and then they spent the rest of their time trying to eat as many people as possible.

>And the cryptek seers farsight via star gazing is described as less focused than the Eldar warp farsight.

Whatever, it's just as accurate and prominent in their fluff as the eldar stuff is now. More accurate, often.

Anything 40k since the 3rd edition was a mistake anyway.

5th edition Dark Eldar. Still the best sculpts in the game.

I thought crons had completely unique FTL that doesnt touch the warp or the webway.

Dolmen Gates.

Ah, yes. Let's add "ancient alien race that uses the webway" to the greentext in There is literally nothing unique about Necrons anymore.

>Their first interaction with Necrons was to steal their fucking souls

No no no.

The C'tan gave the Necrontyr knowledge that would enable the bio-T. Szeras translated that knowledge into science and then the bio-T. Orikan warned the Triarch that by agreeing with the whole bio-T, the Necrontyr will know eternal glory but at the cost of their races soul. The Triarch saw this as a good trade and went with it. So this means that the Necrontyr knew beforehand that their souls are forfeit and they were okay with it.

>majority of their race to an existence as mindless automatons,

Not the decision of the C'tan. The Necrontyr royalty decided that all plebs be turned into mindless drones. The C'tan had no part of this or any direct control over the Necron race. The command protocols was in the hands of the Silent King alone.

If the C'tan wanted to enslave the Necrons, then they wouldn't have allowed the Silent King to own the command protocols and thus be the sole ruler of the Necrons.

>Oh, and then they spent the rest of their time trying to eat as many people as possible.

Mephet'ran stated that the C'tan wanted revenge on the Old Ones for banishing the C'tan to the edges of reality and locking them inside stars. They had good cause to go after the Old Ones.

>it's just as accurate and prominent in their fluff as the eldar stuff is now

Less accurate and also the warp tends to mess with their predictions. This makes the Eldar warp farseeing superior.

I like the Newcrons because it allows for potty, crazy ass british empire in space hijinks

they are too human.

the new models are cool though. the ghost ark is a 10/10 qt.

Con'ted

The codex says that the C'tan fulfilled all their promises to the Necrontyr without fail. Unity, immorality, and revenge on the Old Ones.

Also note the Flayer's last words :

>"To those who have turned their faces away. To those who are faithless and wretched in their jealousies. To those who have denied us. To those who have denied me. I will wreak vengeance. I will wrench your souls and break your bones. I will cast hunger through your accursed existence. Down the eons, you will not forget. I will grant you this gift from love turned aside and make you like me, break you in my image as you have broken me. I shall cast the fear of myself into you and all of your kind. I am Llandu’gor. I am the hunger. I am the flayer, and from this moment, you shall be too."

Love turned aside. This implies that the C'tan loved the Necrons.

>Mephet'ran stated that the C'tan wanted revenge on the Old Ones for banishing the C'tan to the edges of reality and locking them inside stars. They had good cause to go after the Old Ones.

Mephet'ran the motherfucking deceiver? THE DECEIVER.

...And if it was true, why do you think they did that? Probably because the C'tan are giant space vampire gods that drain worlds of life.

>And if it was true, why do you think they did that?

Before being clothed in Necrodermis, the C'tan were space butterflies that munched on stars. This resulted in unstable stars that bathed planets with lethal radiation. Since the Old Ones were creating races and seeding planets with life, having the C'tan around endangers their projects.

That's my guess.

I do like how the new fluff has made the Necrons responsible for their situation, rather than everything being the fault of the C'tan.
A running theme in 40k is that every race that is suffering is doing so because they brought it on themselves.
The Eldar fucked themselves, literally and figuratively.
Humanity has no one to blame for it's situation than other humans, not xenos, not even Chaos, really.
Now, Necrons have to own their fuck up alongside everyone else.

>The C'tan gave the Necrontyr knowledge that would enable the bio-T. Szeras translated that knowledge into science and then the bio-T. Orikan warned the Triarch that by agreeing with the whole bio-T, the Necrontyr will know eternal glory but at the cost of their races soul. The Triarch saw this as a good trade and went with it. So this means that the Necrontyr knew beforehand that their souls are forfeit and they were okay with it.

Incorrect. It is explicitly stated that whether they knew the full price of the immortality the C'tan offered is unknown.

There was at least some level of deceit, as the Silent King was horrified when he realized that the C'tan were feeding on the life energies of his people, and when he realized that his soul was gone and that the Necrontyr were technically dead.

>Not the decision of the C'tan. The Necrontyr royalty decided that all plebs be turned into mindless drones.

Nope, it was totally the C'tan's idea, the royalty just backed it up.

>Mephet'ran stated that the C'tan wanted revenge on the Old Ones for banishing the C'tan to the edges of reality and locking them inside stars. They had good cause to go after the Old Ones.

Mephet'ran is described as willfully treacherous in this exchange. His name is The Deceiver. He was fucking lying you moron.

>Less accurate and also the warp tends to mess with their predictions. This makes the Eldar warp farseeing superior.

It's never actually less accurate in the fiction, so minor notes that it doesn't work as well are pointless. It's farseeing.

>Incorrect. It is explicitly stated that whether they knew the full price of the immortality the C'tan offered is unknown.

Orikan told them the cost . They knew.

>There was at least some level of deceit, as the Silent King was horrified when he realized that the C'tan were feeding on the life energies of his people, and when he realized that his soul was gone and that the Necrontyr were technically dead.

There was no deceit. The fluff says the promises of the C'tan were fulfilled. If they didn't like the outcome, then it's not the fault of the C'tan.

And about the souls? They were going to fade into the Warp. Better that the C'tan devour them and empower themselves for the war rather than have them fade. Waste not, want not.

>Nope, it was totally the C'tan's idea,

It wasn't. The fluff says that the Necrontyr didn't have enough resources to make advanced bodies for everyone so they went with the economic route.

>Mephet'ran is described as willfully treacherous in this exchange.

And it' been said that Mepet'ran is totally bonkers and it's doubtful that he even what he was saying was the truth or deception. So it's 50/50.

>It's never actually less accurate in the fiction,

Orikan's, the most skilled one, abilities are said to be less focused than Starbane.

Also the fluff has Orikan screwing primarily to his predictions not factoring the warp which causes him to cheat with time travel which often leads to unforeseen consequences

Even he knew*

And here is proof. Orikan was a member of the court when Mephet'ran gave the offer. He alone protested and told the Triarch court of the consequences. He was ignored because the Necrontyr hunger for power overruled their logic.

>Orikan told them the cost . They knew.

He told them how the biotransference would work. He and the other Necrontyr had no conception of what it would mean for them, however, in a metaphysical sense.

>There was no deceit. The fluff says the promises of the C'tan were fulfilled. If they didn't like the outcome, then it's not the fault of the C'tan.

There was a small amount of deceit. The Necrontyr did not get what it would mean to relinquish their souls. There's a reason the Silent King only realizes he's lost something after the biotransference happened.

It's totally the Necrontyr's fault for being power hungry suckers, but the C'tan were not innocent in this. It's explicitly stated that they were cruel and insatiably hungry. They wanted to eat the Necrontyr and use their soulless remains to get them more food.

>It wasn't. The fluff says that the Necrontyr didn't have enough resources to make advanced bodies for everyone so they went with the economic route.

Never seen that, but I'll take your word on it.

>And it' been said that Mepet'ran is totally bonkers and it's doubtful that he even what he was saying was the truth or deception. So it's 50/50.

He's still described as being treacherous in that exchange. It's more like 90/10 chance in favour of him being a liar.

>Orikan's, the most skilled one, abilities are said to be less focused than Starbane.

Doesn't matter, Necron farseeing almost always works in actual fiction. I can't think of a single specific instance where it's fucked up.

>He and the other Necrontyr had no conception of what it would mean for them, however, in a metaphysical sense.

And this isn't the fault of the C'tan. They had a full year to dissect the prophecy but instead they choose to ignore it.

>There was a small amount of deceit.

Not even a little bit. The C'tan promised them immortality and unity with nothing asked in exchange. The C'tan delivered the knowledge and it was left the Necrontyr to process it and make it a reality.

The C'tan didn't shove them inside the bio-furnaces, they shoved themselves. They went inside willingly and forced those who refused to be come alongside them. The Necrontyr could have tested out the bio-T by convorting a small number of them and then examined its affects just to make sure if Orikan's warnings were correct. Instead they stupidly grabbed everything and everyone and went in in one go.

>It's explicitly stated that they were cruel and insatiably hungry

But not necessarily evil. I mean they didn't enslave the Necrons. They didn't erase their minds. They fulfilled their promises.

The Triarch remained in control. Harvesting of souls/life energy served a practical purpose in the war since the C'tan used it to grow stronger. It wasn't just pointless bloodshed.

>Never seen that, but I'll take your word on it.

It's in the 5th ED dex.

>He's still described as being treacherous in that exchange. It's more like 90/10 chance in favour of him being a liar.

He was described as being seen as willfully treacherous by his brother-C'tan but it wasn't clear that he entered the negotiations with deception on his mind.

>I can't think of a single specific instance where it's fucked up.

Open a Orikan's page in the 5th ED codex and read on the lazar blockade.

Here is the fluff about the plebs being turned to warriors. Notice that there is no C'tan present.

It was done solely for the fact that Necrontyr didn't have the resources necessarily to giv everyone a thinking body.

>‘I am a god of the stars,’ said the creature. ‘Long ago the necrontyr begged us to save them. They had blundered into a war they could not win. The war against the Old Ones, the War in Heaven. Your kind cannot comprehend it. Your kind think in years, do they not? The single orbit of a world around its sun? It was millions of years ago. Your kind had not evolved then. Even before you existed, the necrontyr faced their extinction and they begged to be saved. And mine is a generous species.’

>Hyalhi was a difficult man to lie to. Few people could lie to a Space Marine’s face at all, let alone a psyker. In addition Hyalhi could sometimes see the immediate past and future winding around a man, and could tell when his words did not match up with the truth fate was telling him. Here, however, there was no fate. The veil was hidden here, as if he was in a place that existed far away from both real space and the warp.

>‘To them you were a god,’ said Hyalhi. ‘But to me you are one more xenos.’

>‘And what does it matter?’ replied the creature. ‘We lived off the stars and at our will they were extinguished. The necrontyr called us gods, and so we were gods. They named us the c’tan. They built bodies of living metal so we might move among them. We promised them eternal life, and we gave it to them. We promised them victory in the War in Heaven. And before us the Old Ones were scattered and exterminated.’

>have seen your eternal life,’ said Hyalhi. ‘I have felt the echoes of it from the distant past. You ripped away their souls and remade them as these constructs, these parodies of life!’

>‘They begged it of us!’ retorted the c’tan. ‘The necrontyr were defined by their deaths. Their bodies eroded beneath the sun of their world. Their lives were short and spent preparing for death. They built necropoli that reached the heavens while they scraped an existence in the rocks and sand. We freed them from death! We delivered to them the galaxy! And they betrayed us!’

>Hyalhi could feel the alien’s hatred. It was not his psychic senses that detected it. The warp barely noticed the c’tan’s presence. Anyone, psyker or not, would have felt the cold fire of its hate prickling at their skin.

>‘They turned the weapons we made for them against us,’ continued the c’tan. ‘Borsis was one of them. This world I built with my own hands, it was aimed now at me! In the moment of victory the necrons sought to destroy us but they could not. All they did was break us into shards and imprison each one. Some they cast into space, some they enslaved. I, Yggra’nya, the forger of planet and star, a slave to the race who have us to thank for their existence.’

-The World Engine

I cannot imagine the outrage and shock of the C'tan when their allies, whom they helped and trusted, turned on them. I think it's clear to anyone the Necrons were the bad guys in all of this. The C'tan did nothing wrong.

>implying adeptus mechanicus wouldn't get a seizure and get all the tech for themselves and most probably destroy it because progress is bad

>people didn't like the whole C'tan being nerfed thing.
I actually like that, the idea that no one is safe, not even the eons old godlike beings.
Now if only the chaos gods could be sharded too...

>The Newcrons as they presented in the fluff, cannot be stopped by any means. They are rising at a rapid rate and uniting swiftly. Unless the lesser races unite against them, the Necron victory is assured

Actually, that's the Tyranids. Like, I know Necrons are presented as powerful, but the fact they are fractured into many different empires means they aren't that unstoppable. Tyranids usually get the fluff of "it would take a united galaxy to stop them." I've never heard Necrons get the same treatment.

Necrons need a new-old fluff merger.

No more Dolmen Gates. Inertialess drives forever. Make it clear that the Necrontyr unleashed the C'tan out of their own stupidity and lust for conquest, and eventually tried to betray them, but only succeeded in shattering them. The C'tan are in control but sharded, and every shard is as arrogant as the other, believing itself the greater part of the whole and seeking to devour the others.

Remove all retarded manned vehicles. Return to the simpler, more intimidating geometric vehicles like monoliths. Cut down on the Egyptian influence, have more of a general influence from pyramid building civilizations like the Mayans and Azetcs and Egyptians.

Play up the horror of being trapped in a body that's not your own, forced to serve a bunch of capricious eldritch deities and their chosen priesthood. More insane Necrons please, insanecrons are bestcrons. Play up the life-draining aspect of things, make the powerful lineages that willingly serve the C'tan and keep their people in automated slavery mimic their masters by consuming the vital energies of their victims. Keep the desire for empire, but also keep the vampirism aspect.

Have you read the picture in that post? Let me grab the relevant part from it

"Victory against this unforgiving and unstoppable force will require the lesser races to stand united, and time for them to do so is wiftly running out. With every world the Necrons reconquer, the ancient empire comes ever closer to rebirth..."

The whole part that the Tyranids need to be united against to be defeated was removed in last patch of 5th ED and up and it was given to the Newcrons.

And according to the Newcron 7th ED codex, it says Necron disunity is only a temporary condition that will be resolved swiftly.

Oh, also, make both the C'tan and the Necrons creepier and less human.

Once again, Newcrons are just a bunch of shit cribbed from other factions that makes everyone else and themselves lesser for it.

That's metal as fuck.

>The C'tan did nothing wrong.

They exterminated multiple species because they liked the taste of them.

The Necrons are definitely not blameless, but the C'tan were complicit in all this shit. They and the Necrontyr teamed up to ruin the galaxy.