Horus Heresy General /hhg/

The Emps is a nuanced character
Help Anons day 2016 edition
Trips didn't ruin the last thread

Old Thread >HHG FAQs
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

>Oct 16 White Dwarf
mediafire.com/file/zm71nli980zr97h/WhiteDwarf_Oct16.pdf

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Other new links
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww98.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fe6VFn2St%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww116.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fd2D2z8mF%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww110.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2F1USI8Urn%2Ffile.html
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!LoBA0bqS
www98.zippyshare.com/v/e6VFn2St/file.html

Other urls found in this thread:

bolterandchainsword.com/topic/318086-the-red-sorcerers-of-prospero-exiles-of-osiris/page-14
youtube.com/watch?v=DSOKoHld4i8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I still want Corvus Corax to strap me to an operating table and perform horrifying medical experiments on me while I remain fully conscious but unable to do anything.

Just why him instead of Cruz or Morty?

>The Emps is a nuanced character
Hilariously just making the Emperor a giant dick solves most of the problems people have with him. So if thats what they've done bravo to them.

>Help Anons day
Huh?

Anyone have a direct link to the Legions new red book pdf? Can't use the mega stuff on this phone and want to fiddle with some salamanders lists before I crash.

There were a half dozen posts of user asking for help in the last

I'm also not breadanon, so forgive me I'm just trying to help

We always knew he was a dick. This just proves it.

Oh right
Nope. Also, I'm certain that Salamander is actually an ork. I have this, check 1d4chan too.

I don't know. Sadistic doctor Corax just makes me so wet for no reason

Hey, which link is Imperial Militia and Cult? I've got a Vraks army that needs some pruning for it to work with my Luna Wolves

Does anyone know how long BL normally takes to respond to an email query?

Wow, I totally thought you were Curzefag. Birds of a feather, I guess...
Dunno, maybe he'd turn you into one of those RG aberrations :^)

>Birds of a feather
>Corax

Reroll

Ordered some bits, going to be scratch building five MkIII Apothecaries.
SM vanguard veteran semi-robed chest pieces, Death watch backpacks (for lights), Ravenwing veteran tubes (two pairs per marine), and then GS to go along with my Tartaros Chainfist bits so I can make the arm mounted tools.

Hit post before I was done.

Hopefully they turn out alright, I'm going to be posting updates and asking everyone here for help with them, I don't trust WIP to get the nuanced 30k look.

wanna post a list of the items you're using? I need to either custom make 3 apothecaries or order 4 of them from the FW store and I really don't feel like having duplicate dudes in my army for 70 bucks.

>Be Llansahai
>Nobody wants to play with me
Being Primus Medicae is suffering.

nevermind I'm half retarded and half asleep I found the backpacks, that's a great idea...was thinking of using those same tartaros chainfists as budget nartheciums but I know I needed the backpack light for it to look more legit. thanks!

A few hours to a day.

Hey anons, we had a really nice thread yesterday, I just wanna say we're doing a bang up job

Keep up the good work, boys.

In Fear to Tread, the Blood Angels apothecary has a chainaxe. What's up with that? Should chainaxes be a purchaseable upgrade available to all legions?

BL and FW should be kept as separate as possible

holy shit the guys on B&C are such fucking socially inept spergs. a guy was posting pictures of his giant stormbird on its stand and two posters made jokes about it falling...and the OP snapped:

>I'm sure that is what the first comment was about which I answered, describing the bases weight. I post here for constructive criticism, and concern about the base is a perfectly valid point to raise, as he did in his first comment.

>The second comment, for me crossed a line.

>I took a lot of time measuring to find where the center of balance is for the model, drilling it out to create a mounting point without compromising the stability/integrity of the model, and calculating the ideal weight of steel rod+base to counterbalance the weight of the model. It took effort to get the base machined properly, not to mention to source a socket that could protect the model, while supporting the weight of resin.

>Having that effort belittled as something which either wasn't thought out or might even harm the model, joke or not, crosses a line with me.

THEY CROSSED A LINE!

Here's a question
What would the primarchs casual wear be?
Just you average day bumming around the immaterium from one destination to the next

?

bolterandchainsword.com/topic/318086-the-red-sorcerers-of-prospero-exiles-of-osiris/page-14

enjoy

>thinks mocking the socially inept isn't the height of social ineptitude.

Yeah I've got no idea why Athrawes decided to jump all over that comment =/

>primarchs casual wear
Now this is the kinds of speculative discussion I like to see!

Magnus is highly particular about keeping his ceremonial robes separately kept for his just-chilling-out-robes.

thnks m8

> when you will never be this rich

Depends on the guy, gulliman is probably in a toga, jaghatai in on of those mongol fur costumes, sangy in angel robes, fulgrim in something you'd see fabio in, russ furs again, dorn and the lion in monk habits, ferrus and vulkan in smith aprons.
It gets trickier with the ones like curze, batman costume made of skins maybe? Angron in some sort of skirt, perty probably never takes the armour off.

sorry missclicked

Sperg or not that is some grade A shit right there.

yea angron perty and morty would probably not bother

curze would just walk around naked coated in the blood of the sons he beat to death at S6 AP3 that morning

Wasn't Horus depicted wearing white robes out of combat in one of the first novels? Faintly remember something like that but it's been a really long time since I read those.

Horus something ostentatious and blingy, he is a space gangster after all, lorgar, habit again but with cowl up for extra evil points.
Corax, morty, meme brothers are all i dunno.

> alpharius gets a sexy coat

>that wall

Is this picture taken in some bunker hewn into a cave lol. Looks like one of Bin Laden's hideouts

Neglecting property is one of many ways to afford this hobby.

Actually thinking about it alpharius gets a suit, balaclava and French accent. He never really was on your side.

Angron's ready sporting a 3+ save. That's the primarch equivalent of jeans and a t-shirt right there.

Isn't B&C a forum, in that more recent posts = higher placement?

Shit, he should be offering to suck base commentator #2's dick for bumping him up.

What a sperg.

Iirc, Pert wore a toga or some sort of robes in his AE hallucination with Fulgrim.

Fulgrim was again surprised at Pert's exquisite taste.

>Everyone without a helmet is a blonde fuccboi

Autist with a semi-decent painting and conversion ability and fucking awful taste

holy shit I didn't even see that...this guy tries so hard on these models and he fucks up the persian army by making them DBZ characters.

That guys painting skills are sweet. Also he is the one who brought the pre-release Ahriman that was leaked online.

> gulliman is probably in a toga
> optional baby to attach to leg

Not him, but it still stands to reason that all legions would have access to something as simple as a chainaxe. It should be available to all legions to varying degrees.

Dorn probably wore some kind of plain business casual.
Perty probably hid his fat in an ill fitting suit to one up him.

Sanguinius wore a tight, tight, TIGHT pair of leggings and a singlet to show his beauty off, but had trouble getting comfortable with his wings so often took them off. Especially when doing labor. Fuck you if you disagree.

You should see his Warlord.

There is any Taghmata Mech player? I wanted to ask,how do you play your magos/archmagos prime? In wich squad do you put him?

>bolterandchainsword.com/topic/318086-the-red-sorcerers-of-prospero-exiles-of-osiris/page-14
If you aren't blonde or auburn haired you're not a person. So what he's doing is right.

youtube.com/watch?v=DSOKoHld4i8

gonna try this next for my world eaters after stripping my inductii, any tips for this? I know some of you are a fan of duncan's guide but I wanted to try this out before dismissing it. and I really REALLY like that blue color in the recesses.

Have any of you used Forgeworld's Gal Vorbak red? I'm assuming it's the colour they slap on their models, but I'm curious as to whether or not others have experience and can give me a concrete answer.

And who says crimes against humanity don't pay?

>MkIII armour
>MkIV helmets

It would be weird if he wasn't a dick.

I'm gonna guess it's a garage or basement.

He's also wearing them at the end of Vengeful Spirit.

The Ironfire rises.

Fantastic sculpts. With that and the 10 tartaros I got off ebay, I don't even need to buy BoP. Money saved!

>I spent hours finding, drilling, cleaning and reinforcing the attachment point on the center of mass of the model just so I could make the base too small anyway.

Okay.

>>perfectly balanced until slight nudge

This is why you dont give things bases that small. Its going to fall and some spergs measurements arent going to mean shit.

Never a sneeze will ever be so expensive.

They're salamanders so it would be functional at peak power and not just war scavenging
what's the original quote from, a Jew saying he wished for blacks and whites to mix race until homogenous?

Turn Europe into mix of whites and negros ruled over by ze yews.

>salamanders HH novel is out.
>nobody is talking about
>nobody is spoilering it

Veeky Forums doesn't care about black people

I've never heard anyone speak fondly of Nick Kyme's writing.

>exiles of Osiris
If you're gonna straight up copy an IRL name don't complain about the TS being recruited from the Achaemenid empire

Isn't he the one that made a salamander go Super Saiyan, fly into orbit, then cut a warship in half with a massive fireblade?

Ha.
The book of him that I read was rebirth. It was interesting, if only for the Black Dragons depictions that is completely opposite to that of Anandale. It's good to have two different point of views.

>perty probably never takes the armour off
Why would I waste materials to build a 'casual' suit, why am I even casual I should be waging war or thinking up strategies, nothing more nothing less.

Yeah, basically. The sad thing is, I quite enjoyed the bits of the salamanders omnibus that weren't about deus ex machina prophecy bullshit, but Kyme just can't help himself.

You talk as if he didn't wear a greek toga sometimes. I mean, even based Ferrus would take his armour off reminds me to write about that in Ferr's perspective

Fell asleep on the job again. Also, where are my Mississippibros at? It's 35℉ here in Smith county.

Fulgrim probably also has no casual suit, but then for entirely different reasons

Is Praetorian of Dorn worth reading?

For some reason, I can only ever imagine Fulgrim in a smoking jacket when out of his armour.

>35 F
Yuck, you can't write with frozen fingers.
I could imagine him wearing some kind of man-pantyhose or ye olden stuff.

We don't care about Kyme.

>Yuck, you can't write with frozen fingers.
I just woke up a few minutes ago to find my house at 55 degrees. Still warmer than Mississippi's bipolar weather.

> this photo made me gay

Damn right it does.

Has Master of Mankind given the traitor legions a legitimate excuse for rebelling? Horus fear of the astartes being removed seem warranted now.

Geno Five Two podcast asked Santa for Inferno for Christmas.
He delivered.

To be fair, if the stand is heavy enough relative to the model, it will be stable. I still wouldn't trust the math and would go with my gut feeling and make it larger, though.

Guys, I have found a way to afford FW.

THIS PLEASES ME

I guess it's finally time to buy that BoP box then.

Thanks, Santa!

WAIT WHAT

NO WAY

Jesus christ! Space marines are but a tool, and if the Emperor sees fit they have outlived their usefulness then He's entitled to do whatever He wants to them. But here's the thing, the Crusade was faaaaaaaaaaar from won.
Eldar were still around
Orks will probably always be around
The Webway will also need to be conquered
There are still nameless aliens around
There will be aliens in the millenia to come, such as Necrons, Tau and Tyranids.

It was foolish of the Warmaster to think about the future when it was far from won, and even then Guilliman already had plans for the continued usefulness of the immortal astartes as guardians and champions of humanity, while based Dorn would have taken his removal with a stoic face, and Kharn would have probably asked for a battle in which to die at best.

Ferrus didn't care about the future because he was busy beating the galaxy into a vessel fit for humanity to inhabit, based he was.

And even that Taranis Thunder Warrior understood why they were meant to be eliminated.

You leave my jizz alone!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

It was always unwarranted.

> those mark II's

Could you use shapeway shields on this guys?

>You leave my jizz alone!
But, Al, people will pay for your poisonous jizz. Have a scorpion witch for your trouble.

They're the plastic Mk3s. Mk2s don't exist in plastic yet.

$350 erry day

remember lads

geno before gene