>Outdated FAQs and Errata:
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM THE CLOWNS):
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

>when you set a head on a model then go take a shower to come back and realize its at a weird angle
and so, another marine in my army has a dejected look

Are you making the saddest group of marines?

I want TSons rule leaks so i can plan my all Rubric army

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Nth for Tzaangors.

I think I may make a 30k xenos army out of them using the Cults and Militia book.

yes. all of my deathwatch marines are actually the most depressed marines from their respective chapters.

COLOSSAL SQUIG!

You know maybe thats why they were thrown into deathwatch? They were always bitching and whining and the chapter masters couldn't take it anymore

Pics and chapter? Sad marines would be pretty great, bonus points if they're actually Lamentors or something.

>throne above, brother edmund will NOT stop moping lately, i'm just going to send him to the deathwatch

>tfw just bought all the crap I need for a Neophyte Cavalcade so I can play NOT IG

It's cool and all, but damn I have a lot of painting to do.

How should I run my Sentinels? I bought 2 of the plastic kits and was thinking about infiltrating them as Scouts with flamers. Do they magnetize well?

>For the Emperor....I guess...
>Purge the Daemon...uhh...do we have to?
>Suffer not the Xenos to live...but they're not bothering anyone...

>Suffer not the Xenos to live...but they're not bothering anyone...
This was actually the plot of a narrative campaign I was in.

A group of Eldar were just minding their own business on some shit planet, having grown bored of being, well, Eldar, when some fuckhead Marines showed up to kill them because they're Eldar.

Xth for Tyranids or Admech?

Pls help

CRAAAAAAAAAAAB TANKS!

Admech are the stronger army at the moment if that's a tiebreaker for you.

Could we actually roll up some sadmarines?

How do guard deal with knights?

what part of suffer not the alien to live do you not get? you arent a heretic are you? id hate for the local inquisitor hearof this

Dammit. Right as I'm about to go to bed. I'll probably check the thread in the morning.

Hey man, I was the Marine player, you're probably the heretic.

What would their colors be?

I know that feel. Brother Wai constantly questions his existence as part of the Death Company

Black and blue?

One of them is looking at his shotgun like
>This tool is for nothing but death....

And the other is looking at his heavy thunder hammer in a similar fashion.

Trying to think of gloomy colors. Dingy off white and deep blue with dark purple lenses maybe?

Are you sure it's not the forlorn look of unrequited love between man and machine?

>I wish to do.... heretical things to this hammer.
>I should inform the Chaplain...
>But it feels so right.

He has attempted to be inducted as a techmarine thrice now and thrice he has been denied, as close as the two may be they shall never be one.

This, I just want to know what the fucking points costs are for all of this shit so I can plan what to buy

Sentinels are a bit of a task, sad to say. Cult Ambushing flamers are kinda not great, you basically need a 4-6 roll to do anything. I'd go with outflanking lascannons on Armored Sentinels myself.

Tax, meant to say.

Thanks for the advice. Yeah I'd be banking on rolling 5 or 6 a lot.

Is the 5 points extra for front 12 armor on the Armored more or less a must-take over Scouts?

Is Deathwatch: Overkill worth it if I want to start a GSC army?

Or should I just buy units separately?

Well shit, I bought 2 because I thought they looked spiffy.

Story of my life, really.

Played my first game in 2 months today. It was a 1250 game against a newer person with KDK. I was originally going to use my Sisters, but he wanted to do Khorne vs Tzeentch when he saw my tzeentch daemons.

It didn't end well, even without summoning. The funny thing is that my Daemon Prince did most of the work because of Warp speed. I didn't even give him a Robe. He had ML3, Flight, Armor, 2 Greaters and a Lesser. WL trait was +1 ML, greater was the Armor/Fleshbane and 3+ save, which was turned into an etherblade, and the lesser I turned into a Staff of change. He had 11 S8 attacks on the charge, and the poor guy couldn't deal with it.

Thankfully, the guy was a pretty great sport about it because I felt terrible. I told him I'd be using my Sisters next week.

No bloodthirsters on his side?

Yes, absolutely. I'm currently building mine and it's saved me quite a bit. You get 3 HQs, a ton of hybrids, and it's the only way to get aberrants without seriously overpaying.

And if you're lucky you can get some cash for the DW portion.

That said, I immediately added a box of neophytes and acolytes for the other weapon options, and now I'm buying up more stuff to get the formation perks.

Plug the overkill contents into battlescribe to see how far it gets you.

Hitting them from more than one side. AKA:

Front Lines: Lascannon heavy weapons teams, Leman Russ (Executioner/Exterminator, or vanquisher if you're running armored fist), Suicide meltavets in a chimera

Sides: Barrage weapons (Basilisks)

Sides/Back: Outflanking meltavets in chimera (from warlord traits) or sentinels. Deep striking stormtroopers. Deep striking stormtroopers/vets from a valk, especially if they're from that formation where they don't scatter.

It's a crapshoot

I'd buy the units separately cos I do not like monopose kits. Also you'd be paying for models you do not need (the Deathwatch) but if you can split the cost with a friend, that at least mitigates that issue

I bought a Guard Start Collecting today.

What should I do with the heavy weapons team? Lascannon seems the most attractive option.

He didn't get the chance, and didn't have the model. I had enough princes in my collection to stand in if/when he got there, but he dropped 'Letters onto a tac objective, which got him like 4VP. It was a good call (he's a WMH player), and we were pretty much tied at that point. However, then my DP started getting work done. He had one squad left by the time he hit enough BP for the thirster, and they got DP'd by the DP.

They're not really bad, it's more other stuff outshines them in general. Outflanking lascannons are pretty powerful considering how cheap they are, and it draws away fire that could otherwise be mulching your troops.

Because of that, yes, front armor 12 is a decent investment for 5 points. They're a distraction that wilts at oncoming fire, but can't be totally ignored. They're fun, and while most only run one, the second one isn't really hurting you.

Autocannon, and stick it in with the command squad eventually.

Lascannon HWT are good, but you'd want dedicated squads of 3 of them so you can
1) order them to have tank hunters
2) give them prescience when you have psykers

Autocannons are much safer and more versatile.

It's worth noting that even once you build the autocannon/hb/lascannon, you can still construct the mortar and missile launcher, though you'll have to get a little creative in how you implement them onto your models.

Is it possible to play this edition without transport vehicles?
Can I just play foot infantry Sisters of Battle?
20 sisters per squad with max amount of heavy/special weapon

For veterans, a las cannon might be okay (kind of a waste of the other 8 vets though). On normal guardsmen, take an autocannon.

The overkill models are good if you plan on summoning. You take the cheapest models you can off the bat, then summon in the ones with special weapons (from the individual kits) since all the goodies are free with summoning.

You do have a point though, because not only are they monopose, a majority of the hybrids come in identical pairs.

Oooof, that sounds rough. Hopefully he learns a thing or two from this and applies it to the next game.

yes, but you're going to want something to prevent them from getting completely wrecked before they get to where they're going (psykers)

pretty anti-fluff though

I get by with footslogging Necrons, but anything less tough might be pretty damn risky

i guess, i hardly see transports when i play and my primary army doesn't have transports. i am tempted to play my weekend warrior guardians without transports for a while though i know t3 5+ is just asking for a slaughter

>Is it possible to play this edition without transport vehicles?
Depends on codex and meta. Not counting Daemons and Nids who don't really have transports, you can play Footdar and Necrons and to a lesser extent GK as well without vehicles. A more casual meta will also open up that list some to accommodate other armies.

>Can I just play foot infantry Sisters of Battle?
Again, that depends on your meta. If it is pretty casual/for fun, sure. If it is more hardcore though, I'd say you're in for a tough time. Sure they have 3+ armor but being t3 means you'll be taking more wounds on average against infantry level guns. It's going to be rough, even with 20 models a squad

I love the hoard of sisters because it reminds me of 4th edition, but they're very vulnerable in the current state of the game.

If it's a price thing, a hoard sisters is pushing $130 for 260ish points. A squad of 5 in an immolator is about $100 for 140 points. Both squad have the Max number of special weapons, but the latter also has the immolator turret.

Yes, you get more points per dollar for the squad of 20, but you have 180 points of bloat because those 15 bolters would be better in 5 5man squads with 2 more special weapons, which runs you another $20-25 for the special weapon pair. At that point, you might as well ride in immolators.

That being said, yes, you could MSU 5 man squads of sisters to your hearts content on foot, and it MIGHt give you enough target saturation. Sadly, the blob of 20 just isn't a good use of points anymore.

Yea. It was a slaughter house. I can't even blame it on tzeentch, really, though I suppose the Staff of Change did a lot of work thanks to the +2S. Then again, he was wounding on 2s thanks to the gift anyway.

He's learning, which is good, though we might switch to WMH because 40k is kind of a shitshow atm.

Tzaangors are 5+, 4++, 8ppm, and comes with Laspistol and CCW. Mark of Tzeentch already included. That goes for everything in the TSons range, on the termies the ++ stacks.

They also have access to Assault Cannons, which you've seen in the previews. All weapons have soul blaze.

Is this true, or is this just a sad attempt at trolling?

>one yes one no

Veeky Forums pls

What's WMH?

Just shitposting
TSN have rotor cannons.

Its one "Yes" and one "I don't like monopose"

Does Magnus cost 999 points? If not why bother.

Warmachine and Hordes

Warmahordes. ( Warmachine + Hordes)

Oh well. It's not like I was worried about rules and point cost, anyway.

I'm buying all that stuff, regardless. Those models are amazing.

Does any lore exist for Tech Priest psykers?

Warp smiths

well it comes with the "Broodcoven" HQ box, which is $40 on ebay, 12 acolytes(?) which are $35 for 5, 16 neophytes which are $35 for 10, and 4 aberrants which go for $40. Plus two purestrain genestealers, for what it's worth (30 point elite choice)

Tally that shit up and you're spending nearly $200 just to match it. You'll probably want to add a few boxes anyway, even before thinking of vehicles.

He costs 450pts.

how do grey knights deal with vehicles?

None in the imperium.
The black ships are very thorough in the collection of snacks for the Emperor.

If any exist they are extremely low level technopaths who have had time rising in power as instinctive understanding of machines is in opposition to the slavish doctrine of rote and number.

Daemon hammers and lascannons.

AdMech Psykers are sent to pilot the Psychic Titan Legions.

>4+5+0=9
I see what you did there.

Stat line to justify this. Go.

Magnus The Red, Flying Gargantuan Creature (Character)

WS 7

BS 10

S 7

T 9

W 6

I 7

A 6

LD 10

2+ Save

2++ save

ML 6

>2+ Invuln

Wowzers. I'd say 5+, becoming a 4+ due to MoT.

Also would include something that allows him to re-roll psychic tests, ML6 is great but he should cast most powers almost automatically, being the most proficient psyker in the galaxy and having the patronage of the God of Magic -should- give him something in that regard.

PO epub when.

And Nemesis Dreadknights. If it's a light vehicle, enough psycannon fire and s6 melee attacks courtesy of Hammerhand should suffice.

Daemon of Tzeentch for the reroll failed saves of 1? Sounds legit

I james bond hamburger'd your sister?

They carry the hammer too.

It's an old meme, it's nonsense.

Pierce Brosnan sanwiched?

Ive seen it before i thought someone would have an answer to it.

Bond and Burger

I Boned and Bugger'd your sister

It's a pun.

FINALLY FREEDOM!!

Last night I pierced your sisters buns.

Why is Khorne the most popular chaos god? I like him but out all all 4, his followers are the last interesting.

>All these new Traitor Legion symbols
hnnnnng, except for the Death Guard

That one is shit

Violence is simple and easy to sell, which is why in 90% of the stuff GW does is Khorne related

What program do you need to read modern GW epubs? All programs I use make the text so huge it's unreadable.

Fucking Zoanthropes get a 3+ invulnerable save. Magnus can have a 2+, stupid as it is.

They don't have any psykers

No one is buying your shit, shitsalesman.

but zoanthropes are hilariousy fragile, and need a good save
those prospective stats, coupled with FGC status for fnp and immunity to ID would make a 2+ invuln abusive, to say the least
i would be cool with a 3+ or 4+ reroll 1s

ibooks.

readium

He's one of the most powerful beings in the Galaxy. He really should be like that.

Then he should be warlord titan pricing.

thats fluffwise, in game terms thats already more durable than a supremacy suit except for the reducing D damage thing
i would absolutely refuse to play against a 2+ invuln t9 FGC that could shit out psychic powers like its nothing
if we wanted things to be fluff accurate, every marine player would be using the movie marines rules

Man if marines were fluff wise they be broken as fuck every model would have FnP and atleast 2 wounds.

This will never stop being less fluff accurate than the codex.

The issue with the codex isn't the probability of a lasgun killing a marine in an open field vs a Bolter killing a guardsman in an open field, it's that the kind of line up and have a massed battle stuff the tabletop presents isn't how marines operate, at all.

Fluff accurate marines would have their own special ops based game, and only appear in the tabletop as well equipped support squads for larger armies, to spearhead an assault.