/btg/ Genral

Freaking DV Catapult! Edition

The /btg/ is dead - long live the /btg/!

Old thread: =================================

BattleTech video-game pre-alpha gameplay
youtube.com/watch?v=FjEeDz51pHE

==================================

>BattleTech Introductory Info and PDFs
bg.battletech.com/?page_id=400

>Overview of the major factions?
bg.battletech.com/universe/great-houses/
bg.battletech.com/universe/the-clans/
bg.battletech.com/universe/other-powers/

>How do I find out which BattleMechs a faction has?
masterunitlist.info/

Unit Designing Softwares
>SSW Mech Designer
solarisskunkwerks.com/
>MegaMek Lab
megameklab.sourceforge.net/

>/btg/ does a TRO:
builtforwar.blog(not spam)spot.com/

>How do I do this Against the Bot thing?
pastebin.com/pE2f7TR5 (embed) (embed) (embed)

>Map of /btg/ players (WIP):
zeemaps.com/map?group=1116217&add=1

>Rookie guides
pastebin.com/HZvGKuGx (embed) (embed) (embed)

>Sarna.net - BattleTech Wiki
sarna.net/wiki/Main_Page

>Megamek - computer version of BattleTech. Play with AI or other players
megamek.info/

>BattleTech IRC
#battletech on irc.rizon.net

>PDF Folders
mediafire.com/folder/sdckg6j645z4j/Battletech
mediafire.com/folder/cj0tjpn9b3n1i/Battletech
mediafire.com/folder/tw2m414o1j9uj/Battletech_Archives

MechCommander pilot voices and SFX
mediafire.com/file/pehas5xyoaocfaz/2016-11-12_MechCommanderGold-Pilots-with-Instructions.rar
mediafire.com/file/wplodo9q9f1f377/2016-11-19_PC_Mechwarrior3-SFX-Vocals.rar

Other urls found in this thread:

spaceman-spiff-studio.blogspot.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Genral
Ya blew it.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUU!
Critical Typo Hit

Design Challenge: Build the Genral. You have the unlimited funding of they Lyrans at your disposal.

Google actually has listings for a GENRAL.
So... Lineholder-type mech for an idea, or is the Lineholder enough already with troopers like the Wolverine and Thud?

Then it's obviously a 200-tonner with 4 GRs and a pair of H-PPCs.

>So German BT fans are super fucking cringey...

Not enough data to judge.

'Cause I just had to after seeing these movies recently.

>German
>BT fans

Seems like a slam dunk to me.

Go watch the TV show, it has Xena in it too.

Am I seeing right? Did somebody (pic related) use the APCs from the movie Aliens in this?

It's probably Spaceman Spiff, who uses all manner of things in his 10mm homebrew. It's all pretty neat.

>spaceman-spiff-studio.blogspot.com/
He posts all of his newer stuff on Facebook.

Looks like it.
And goddamn that is sexy paint on that MAD

I'm no painter, but that looks like it must have taken forever. Mad props to the fine detail on that thing.
What's the mech behind it that's barely in the picture?

I don't recognize it either.

It's a custom from one of the fan sculptors.

It's an old Front Mission gashapon.

That makes sense.

It's the Trading Arts series of them, 1, + or 2. Don't know the model specifically. It has been modified though. You can see he used the PPC off a DA Panther for the gun on the right arm.

>Don't know the model specifically.
Looks to be the Grille Sechs.

Do you support this man getting shot?

Not a First Lord.

Hail the Emperor

That man is an imposter!

He's not fashionable enough.

Amaris only wishes he could be one-quarter as pimpin as this guy.

Anyone play a good match this weekend? I know my weekend sucked.

Newbie here.
What are the mechs in the fore- and midground of the OP pic? I really like the dynamism.

Directly in front: Commando
Damaged piece on bottom right: looks like a Zeus
Background right: Catapult
This looks like kind of an homage to the opening to Mechwarrior 2.

Isn't it Pay TV?

I don;t want to pirate it but also don't want to pay for it.

I very much hope that screen cap isn't for real, and that it's just some form of bait I haven't seen yet. Because if it isn't, then I feel sorry for you on multiple levels.

It should be noted that the Commando is based on the one from the fan made TRO 3063, so differs from normal Commandos.

So /btg/ who's your favorite Liao?

Hard mode: choose one of the insane ones.

Here's mine.

>So /btg/ who's your favorite Liao?

The Centrellas.

>Hard mode
>Pick an insane one
That would be the easy mode, no? There's like four that aren't.

Jesus Christ man. I know this feel.

>Sun-Tzu
>Kai

Literally the most popular choices.

I mean I do like Sun-Tzu

I'm not the one who posted that pic, but I have seen it in You Cringe You Lose threads occasionally on /b/ for a long time.

Thanks!
I habeas a new favorite Commando.

I've got some questions about the Nova Cats, if anyone can help.

First, are they officially dead or is it a grey area?

Is their totem animal a genetically engineered Terran species or an alien creature found in their homeworlds?

While living in the Irece prefecture did they own all those worlds or just enclaves on each?

When they defected to the SLDF why didn't their khans send messages to all their homeworld forces warning them about what they'd done and what might happen? Did they not anticipate any consequences or simply not care?

Is it a cultural imperative in their clan to simply do whatever the khan says without question because visions? Why wasn't there more overt resistance to defecting to the SLDF? I ask because the Wolves split on the Crusader/Warden thing so I'm surprised the Cats didn't.

What were their signature or most common 'mechs in the invasion era?

Cheers.

>First, are they officially dead or is it a grey area?
I believe that the Cats are officially dead. The Spirit Cats are dead as well. Not 100% on this so if someone can back me up that would be great.

>Is their totem animal a genetically engineered Terran species or an alien creature found in their homeworlds?
Native to Dagda.

>While living in the Irece prefecture did they own all those worlds or just enclaves on each?
I think a combination of the two though primarily the had enclaves. They had control of their enclaves and sphere of influence but they lived as a pseudo-protectorate under the DC.

>When they defected to the SLDF why didn't their khans send messages to all their homeworld forces warning them about what they'd done and what might happen? Did they not anticipate any consequences or simply not care?
Okay my bias shows through on this one, I think they didn't care at worst or lacked the resources to do something meaningful at best. The clan just had it's ass handed to them and were reeling from the change of their leadership. Also the Cats have never really been a rational clan so it wouldn't surprise me if they just thought "hey this makes sense let's do it fuck the consequences."

1/?

>Is it a cultural imperative in their clan to simply do whatever the khan says without question because visions? Why wasn't there more overt resistance to defecting to the SLDF? I ask because the Wolves split on the Crusader/Warden thing so I'm surprised the Cats didn't.
Basically the Cats probably had some internal strife but Clans tend to follow leadership cause he's the biggest therefore he's the boss. The Wolves split as a result of the Refusal War, so an event that would end the clan caused the splitting of the group. Before that they did trials and the Wardens won so the Wolves were wardens. All Clans have different political factions within them but they tow the party line until there is a change in leadership. I also think a lot of Cats believed that this was the right thing and the last time they ignored a major vision their clan got the shit kicked out of them.

>What were their signature or most common 'mechs in the invasion era?
Oh God I honestly forget and I'm no where near any books that would have that shit. My guess would probably be the Nova, Ice Ferret, or Mad Dog. Not sure on that one, hope I was helpful.

Spirit Cats are part of the Clan Protectorate, which is part of the FWL. There are some remnants unaccounted for of the Nova Cats that had remained in DC space and been part of the attempted coup.

The Spirit Cats are alive and well within the FWL as part of the Clan Protectorate. The act as a spooky scary FWL garrison force of clan warriors with the backing of Clan Sea Fox. The Protectorate is probably the NuFWLs best asset as it gives them access to a whole cluster of clan mechs, clan warriors, and the support of Clan Sea Fox

Shadow Cat and Huntsman were two signature CNC designs present in the Invasion era.

Thanks! Not up to snuff on my Dark Age lore. I thought they died fighting the Republic. So tell me about this Clan Protectorate and who is all in it?

I thought Shadow Cat was a new design in like 3055-58 like the Pouncer and Co. butI just checked and it's 3003, I'll be damned. Thanks user.

Question for y'all are what are some interesting planets that saw combat during the FedCom Civil war? Preferable ones where the Lyran Guards and Donegal Guards were stationed.

The 4th Donegal were part of a taskforce Katherine sent to take New Syrtis from George Hasek. They got their asses kicked of course. You don't take a March capital with just three regiments at the highest apex of mech production since the Star League. But it was an interesting fight. The Warship fight between the Refitted Drac ship and the Hanse Davion for them to land on New Syrtis was pretty cool too.

I miss old Georgie before he went stupid. The sequence of events Katherine feared about him becoming First Prince if she lost the war would have been an interesting AU. Way better than Yvonne in any case.

The Skype thing kind of gives it away as well

>I miss old Georgie before he went stupid. The sequence of events Katherine feared about him becoming First Prince if she lost the war would have been an interesting AU
Hell, even him just remaining duke of the capellan march into the post-jihad years would have been interesting

Son-of-a-bitch must pay!

Movie was great, but would have been better with battlemechs.

EVERY movie would be better with battlemechs.
EVERY movie.

>Gone with the Wind
Frankly Scarlet, I don't give a damn
>climbs on board his Shadow Hawk and stomps away
I can't see this process going wrong at all.

>Dumb and Dumber
Piloting Crusaders without CASE

Harry Potter: ExspellerSPLAT! (stepped on by Atlas)
Jaws: We need a bigger Dropship
Fury: American 'mechs are Griffins, German 'mechs are Masakaris
My Little Pony, Friendship is Magic: Aw fuck I saw that crap on Deviantart.

>EVERY movie would be better with battlemechs.

What I'm gonna make is trouble ... for Alexander!

Goddamnit, now I want 15MM mechs.
Shimseen files where?

>Sun-Tzu "lemme rig my death so future Chancellors are literal god-kings" Liao
>not a nut

>First, are they officially dead or is it a grey area?
There's some survivors that are in the place where plot threads vanish. The Spirit Cats are alive and well in the FWL.

To be fair the old Liao tactic of "pls serve the state" wasn't working out too well. Cult of personality and deification worked wonders in terms of motivation. Even people with better lives on former Capellan planets wanted to come back to the fold.

Well technically, he's not dead. Been in cryo so long you can't wake him up without killing him, sure. But still breathing.

>tfw sarna doesn't say any of this because whoever wrote the article on Sunny Boy never read By Temptations And By War

>characters don't stay dead
>factions don't stay dead

this shit is getting to be like DBZ or something

I love Minobu Tetsuhara but I wouldn't want him around forever.

What's next, Victor coming back from the grave?

So, speaking of house liao, let's say that in another world, stealth armor is more expensive and xin sheng magic less potent, so it and it's associated mechs are only used by elite units, of which there are less. What sorts of mechs and design principles do you think would be used for the non-special line units in the 3060s-90s?

>What's next, Victor coming back from the grave?
There are still some royal families in the Sphere he hasn't mixed his DNA with yet.
Of course he's coming back.

Considering that's the book that mentioned and gave a date to Sun Tsu's alleged death in the first place, it's not a big deal. What I don't get is why nobody knows about it. It's like they got all their DA info from the CGL summary books that gloss over the 3130's and early 3140's bigtime since the novels already covered it.

At Victor's funeral, one of the characters comments that he just looks like he's resting, ready to leap into action again at any moment. Also that a bunch of his old enemies only showed up to make sure the man was really dead and gone.

>What's next, Victor coming back from the grave?
Nah, he'll just be cloned instead, so that Solid Victor continue his legacy by plowing every royal family he can

>At Victor's funeral, one of the characters comments that he just looks like he's resting, ready to leap into action again at any moment.
He probably had an erection

I would actually go for that. He can hang out with Liquid Marik and have clone buddy adventures

Statism is a hell of a drug, but it seems to work for them.

more and more advanced vindicators and vindicator accessories

Vindicators and cataphracts(probably a version without an XL because presumably cost is an actual issue here) by the truckload, for one thing. As designs go, in the 50s they seemed to develop a thing for mechs built around getting a single major gun into play, so further development along that vein seems likely. Maybe they'd mix that with TSM, so you'd have your troopers, your gun platforms and some vicious brawlers thrown into the mix

>He can hang out with Liquid Marik and have clone buddy adventures
There's a marik clone now?

Omni vindicator and cataphract instead of new mechs?

Not sure about a omni vindicator, but I like the idea of a omni cataphract. I don't thing we have any especially rugged heavy omnis so far

Fake Thomas?

>Fake Thomas?

He's a really evil engine!

Not a clone, he's more like Punished 'Venom' Marik

Fake Thomas is just a dude who got surgery and DNA splicing. Just like Fake Hanse.

2 angry 2 live
2 fast 2 die

Damn right trothkin

I understand they rationale behind this but they look so goddamn dumb
I can't help it

mahsibkin.jpg

>Freebirth detected

>I don't thing we have any especially rugged heavy omnis so far
Hell, are there ANY SFE IS omnies?

Not off the top of my head, but I'm not a huge omni fan.

The original strider, IIRC. Unfortunately it is also stuck with SHS and pretty light

Hauptmann

What's your favorite Kurita 'Mech design or -K variant of a general design?

Need more Drac pics too.

Do you like the Battletech aesthetic?
Do you think the original designs mesh well enough with the licensed ones?
Would there be anything you wished was licensed back when it started?

>Do you like the Battletech aesthetic?
I think the variation in design suits the setting quite well, though I do wish we could go back and fix the art on some of them.
>Do you think the original designs mesh well enough with the licensed ones?
Eh. Again, the variation kinda makes it work. The Marauder I think is a bit too curvy and spindly in the original art, but it's not too bad.
>Would there be anything you wished was licensed back when it started?
I think the only other mechs that might have fit would be if they did VOTOMs as an ultralight sort of thing. Everything else from the era doesn't really fit the tech level.

Mostly. Some of the 3058 eggmechs and a lot of the 3060&67 stuff is no bueno, though

You know what would be crazy? If Clan Wolf vat grew a "Trueborn" with his and his and Katrinas DNA... oh wait..

Not really a clone, more of an incest baby

Wasn't there some rumblings about the new Kurita boss man being a sisterfucker?
What was the source on that?

Absolutely.
>Do you think the original designs mesh well enough with the licensed ones?
I think they were the perfect starter for the series.
>Would there be anything you wished was licensed back when it started?
I can think of three mechs from video games that might have worked. Thexder, Firehawk (Thexder 2) and the Gunner from Metal Storm. I think their designs would have made neat mediums.

That's the sad thing, all the batshit insane clans are dead.

I like Plog aesthetic. New artists (shimmy, fd and others) were a good introduction too

No

Nothing, the best BT designs were created for the game.

Anyone got a link to XTRO: Primitives Vol 5?

I've always liked their warhammers and shads, and the grand dragon is fun to drive

The Shiro is stupid amounts of fun

Star Adders still exist, mate. As do the Falcons and Wolves.