Infinity General: Heavy Metal Edition

Infinity is a 28mm scale futuristic skirmish game by Corvus Belli where recasters are nowhere to be found and everything's made in glorious METAL.

>All the rules are for free. Buying the books is only relevant for fluff:
infinitythegame.com/archive.php

>No-longer-provisional Catalog where you can look at pretty pictures of the miniatures you're thinking of getting:
infinitythegame.com/catalogue/

>Rules wikis:
wiki.infinitythegame.com/en/Main_Page
infinitythewiki.com/en/Main_Page

>Rules Wiki Offline Backup
mega.nz/#!Dxs3VbKQ!_tRgLeIszkdMBvnpCFE4xHELtngLRL26cexppwmAIws

>Official Army Builder:
army.infinitythegame.com/

>Token Generator:
inf-dice.ghostlords.com/markers/

>N3 Hacker Helper:
captainspud.com/n3hacking/

>N3 Reverse Index Web App (a bit outdated as of HSN3 but still a bit viable to look at)
n3index.bastian-dornauf.de/

>Batreps:
youtube.com/#/playlist?list=PLzrPO7KIAtwXlOUh545nq21WQaW7YxuGc

>Terrain:
pastebin.com/Hy9SRkmJ

>Faction Rundown:
mediafire.com/view/mqaaf5fosmti5b4/Infinity_Faction_Rundown_v.1.3.rtf

>All Consolidated Rules:
mediafire.com/?xm5aqb4sdx4g446

>Operation Icestorm Scan (beginner missions)
mega.nz/#!AkkG0ZZA!CE-YzCWIWVROcSnnlkZI8SMWxWoNb1LkFbWI-LamYR8
>Operation Red Veil Missions (different toilet, same shit)
www84.zippyshare.com/v/xjlY6Mip/file.html

>The RPG Kickstarter
kickstarter.com/projects/modiphius/corvus-bellis-infinity-roleplaying-game

>WIP Tactica
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Infinity_Tactics

>RPG Character Creation
infinity.modiphiusapps.hostinguk.org/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

orig04.deviantart.net/2ffe/f/2016/325/8/5/leila_sharif_by_mynameisrobotjones-dap4idi.jpg
amazon.com/Basic-Colors-Acrylic-Airbrush-Vallejo/dp/B00MZ9VERW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1479829604&sr=8-2&keywords=vallejo air set
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for ALEPH waifus best waifus, other pleb factions need not apply

They finally overhauled the store btw.

Holy shit you're right! Looks way nicer than the clusterfuck that was before

The Tohaa 300 point box is one unit short of being able to form 3 triads, instead of a Kotail (which is still amazing in its own right) they could have easily added a Gao-Rael in for the same SWC and less points allowing for an additional diplomatic delegate. It feels like they did this to get people to buy an additional unit right off the bat after buying the Tohaa box.

So you don't like strong ape waifus

>store overhaul
>it's now as garbage as the GW one
Good job, CB. Well done.

How to paint aleph and overall light tones like ivory and white? I tried going with Grey, lighter Grey and then white, still looks bad
>white Primed minis

I prefer my yandere cyborg waifus: efficient, clean, deadly. Beep-bop.

Glaze medium is your friend, drink it every day and it your cum will gain a new shine.

you can also add it to paint for smoother highlights

forgot pic. Also thx satan for the trips

Catalog has also been overhauled, which is great. They returned the fluff entries.

Not sure if that's old news or not.

orig04.deviantart.net/2ffe/f/2016/325/8/5/leila_sharif_by_mynameisrobotjones-dap4idi.jpg

>Not a full-page shot of her ass
You had one job, RJ.

Looks excellent, though. Looks like you're improving.

Painted my steep Phalanx gold, red and grey it came out pretty well

Do you have an airbrush? That's the only way I have ever gotten white to look good.

You don't need an airbrush to make white look good. I hand brush my Nomads white. Key is to THIN YOUR PAINTS (thinner medium), Prime White, and use two different whites.

Make sure they are fresh paints that aren't chalking too.

>They returned the fluff entries
Where? Catalog looks the same for me, just a bit slower to load.

Actually now that you ask, it looks like many of the profiles are missing fluff text. Must be an ongoing thing.

I think toned whites look better than plain ones. Angels' white for Aleph has many steps, but is imo worth it.

Comarades!
Does anyone have this art with good resolution?

Greetings, Comrade. It's from Monters pit studio.

ugh can they quit it with this web 2.0 bullshit, I want to be able to open links in new tabs gods damnit.

Yeah. Shit's stupid.

More concept art please !

Ah, they changed the URL. That explains it.

Now it's slower, less clean and more awkward to use. Amazing.

They're Spanish, that's an improvement by their standards.

Given that Varuna will be in the next book, exactly what would this sectorial include?
I mean, Cutters, Kamau (hopefully with a new sculpt), ORCs and Croc-Men are obvious, as are the usual slew of remotes and such, but what beyond that?
That said, Kamau core link sounds great, doesn't it?

Yea, Kamau Core + ORC Haris will be nice.

devas, garudas, dakinis, sophotecs, devas, nagas and two ALEPH characters, as it is tradition for pano

Muyib or Asawira link? Also, what are some good Hassassin haris options?

List looks good, I'd switch the minelayer to an FO though.

Yes.

Govads baby.

?

So another fluff question.

I was looking over how much influence the religious lobbies have in PanOceanian society and all I can think is "being an Atheist in PanO must suck ass."

Your religious neighbors can volunteer for a soup kitchen on the weekends and get brownie points towards Resurrection while you have to deal with the Department of Social Affairs who are described in the books as being frustratingly bureaucratic.

Kamau core + Cutter Lt for me. Season to taste with Croc-men.
If they bring out a new Kamau box, I hope there will be a little more variety, like a boarding shotgun.

>church has literal control over life and death, inmortality included
>nope, not gonna believe in anything they did do
Being an atheist in pano isn't just frustrating, it's flat out for morons and the equivalent of atheists in fantasy settings with gods walking among men.

Except it's not gods that are doing the miracles. It's science that's available to every major nation, and the known alien races as well.

A Yu Jing citizen being resurrected by the Party is a lot more direct.
In PanO, you just need to do some bribes to the incredibly corrupt Space Vatican, and boom.

The science gifted to man by god. Check mate atheists.

Being an atheist myself, i don't know what's with people and not accepting different settings having different rules. Like, every fucking fantasy campaign has at least one faggot claiming atheism when it's near impossible, or a faggot complaining about women not holding rank in a particular nation. Just look at the faggots complaining about morats marginalizing their women or whatever.

Fusiliers, most likely with low AVA
Total AVA Kamau with linkable, overhauled
Cutters
Teutons, hopefully but probably not overhauled
Croc Men
AVA 5/6 Orcs with core, haris and duo linkability, probably a missile launcher too if other basic HI are anything to go by
Some sort of Helot unit, maybe with an engineer option if you're lucky

I'm interested in trying this game out, I have another friend who is willing to try with me. What is a good point total for a small 1v1?

The game can be tested at as low as 50 points using the basic grunts, but the units with the skills that really define the game typically call for a game of at least 150 points, and 300 is "tournament standard".

The faction starters are usually around 100 points, FWIW.

The easiest starter games? 3 LI figures per side. 30 points. The starter boxes are usually around 120 or so points, some are higher. The starter 2 player boxes are decently balanced, and they're a great way to learn the game. Go halfsies with a friend, and they're brilliant value as well.

Well PanO is pretty pluralistic.

Yes the Church is the largest issuer of Resurrection licenses, but they aren't the only one. The Hindus are the second largest religion after Christianity in PanO so naturally they would have the authority to issue Resurrection licenses as well. Also the Sikhs, the Buddhists and the Jews. Then you also have the Department of Social Affairs who will resurrect you if you can prove that society has benefited from you and will continue to benefit from your continued existence.

Of course, the ability to issue Resurrection Licenses comes not form God but from ALEPH and everyone knows it.

Those guys in particular only published about three other infinity things. I'll do best to worst.

Aswang is still an unfortunate name.

Could've been worse, could've been culopene.

I get it, but then the spaniards would actually catch that before publishing

So I'm interested in tohaa, and people keep talking up the important of triads, and how important they are, but people's lists dont actually tell me what I'm looking for when making a triad.

Like do I want long range firepower, close range firepower and an button pusher? Firepower + filler + button-pusher?

Can any Tohaafags give me some of their favorite triads and why they work?

Depends on what you wanted to do and where they will do work. The thing is that triads are absurdly adaptable, so they can do all kinds of shit.

First timer here. Just bought Red Veil, what do i need to start painting? i never paint before.

Defensive = Sukeul ML/Gao Rael sniper + Kameal or Pokemon trainer
Offensive = High B piece plus two Makaul.

Vallejo paint set, matte medium, Sable brush.

Don't skimp, thin your paints and take your time.

Paints, brushes, a cup of water. One of those paints being a spray primer, I like Tamiya's.

You'll want a hobby knife (scalpel-looking thing) and super-glue for assembly. A needle file would be nice as well.

Then for basing,well, there's plenty of ways to go there. But some fine sand, some static grass, and a bottle of wood glue would be a good start. The mini is NOT done until you've based it.

A spray can of matte varnish to seal everythign up afterwards so the paint stays on as you play.

Thank you, but which Vallejo paint set?

Fellow first-timer, I've been getting by with acrylic indoor house paint, water, and a small sable brush I got off a family friend.

Vallejo, P3, Citadel(Games workshop, jews you but is still good paint), and Coat d'Arms. Army Painter starter set is also pretty neat too.

I would recommend going with the Army Painter set because it will cover your bases and then you can pick from whatever set/colors you want.

>morats marginalizing their women
Who posts garbage like that? It doesn't even begin to make sense.

Something something Zerat, something something no huge bulky women.

I think that the source of complaints started with "muh gender segregated units" and then ended there as well, because that's the only thing that can even be interpreted as Morat women being marginalised.

Some people just get desperate trying to find shit to bitch and moan about.

>Some people just get desperate trying to find shit to bitch and moan about.
Remember where you are...

To be fair I was pretty miffed when I found out I don't get red muscle alium waifus for cheerleaders for some arbitrary fluff reason that isn't even that gud.

It makes the red muscle alium waifus we do get all the more special.

Until I get a new zerat sculpt rocking some kind of sci-fi whaletail and a thicc booty I'm going to pout.

Except you can straight up buy resurrection if you can, proving that all churches worship Mammon.

You trade. Ideally you would have a powerful pointman, an objective grabber, smokes and a Lt. candidate in every link. An you can't, so you trade.

Premium units cover multiple purposes. Keesan does objectives and does sensor-enabled shooting, Neema can be LT with a big gun, Sukeul can Lt and FO, Taquel or GaoRael slow the team but offer big value.

When does the manga preorder start?

The way I gather why there ain't no female morats in Vanguards or shit like that is simply because the spaniards haven't figured out what their helmless faces would look like, so they release only helmeted Morat waifus. Since most Morats have a severe disdain for helmets, can't really mix the girls in there like you can with other races. It's a bit of a shame, I'd love to see some thicc Suryat or Sogarat ladies.

They just look like human females with 80's hair, morat eyes and a :3 mouth instead of the jagged one males have. There, done.

New males don't have jagged beaks after the design chance.

It's a tough choice to have both angry, sexy, rugged and alien, all in one package.

incoming nomads, furries and muscle girl fetishists in 3...2...1...

They still have jagged mouths and horns, they're just a lot less emphasised. The old ones sort of look like caricatures of the new ones.

And there's no choice involved in making an angry, sexy, rugged alien. All of the above is an option, and it's the best option.

Morats are only good for boring monkeysex anyway. Unidrons and their brethren are where it's at. Just imagine the softly pulsing, exposed flesh of the unidrons contrasting their cold, smooth armor plates as it dispassionately, mechanically fucks you alongside several other drones. Or a huge Overdron pressing you down with only one claw, tearing away your inadequately-armored suit with precise, economic moves before having its way with you according to its bio-programming.

I'd also accept brutally violent BDSM with Umbras or psycho lesbian hatesex with the Sygmaa.

Shavastii need not apply.

Discovering a mine in the trigger range triggers a mine right?

What happens if you try to shoot it in the trigger range? If it would successfully destroy it does the person not get hit, or would the person get hit despite trying to destroy it?

>:3 mouth
What would that even look like? And I don't mean on a heavily stylised anime face, I mean biologically. Not sure a cleft lip really fits morats, I think I'll take my jagged mouth instead desu senpai.

>Shasvastii need not apply
>being this much of a pussy
If you aren't willing to fuck an androgynous frog monster with a weird sideways beak, you don't deserve to do anything with Batroids.

If you're in range it is supposed to blow before you shoot or discover it; like if someone lays one around a corner next to your unit and you spend an order to try and discover, it blows up regardless of if it is discovered or not.

The same as the jagged mouth, but only once.

I'm not sure if I'm visualising it wrong, but that seems pretty stupid. I'd take the spiky lips any day.

>sepsitor plus

>psycho lesbian hatesex
Sign me up.

Start with this. I like the air even if you don't use an airbrush because you don't need to water it down as much

amazon.com/Basic-Colors-Acrylic-Airbrush-Vallejo/dp/B00MZ9VERW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1479829604&sr=8-2&keywords=vallejo air set

Theme-wise, tohaa has to be the best designed faction. The themes, unit functions and distinctions are clear as day and it's easy to grasp what is it they do. The tohaa, in particular, do a great job of communicating how they operate differently from other factions through their unique rules that are more than just "here's a bonus to X roll!" or "Here's even more of the same type of unit that does the same thing as the units the rest have!". Even the combined army just feels like the other human armies, which also feel homogeneous to each other.

I really wish they would do shit like what they did for the tohaa for every faction. I'm not completely sure how it would work, tho. I just feel it's silly to say "this faction is unique because it has more camo troops and this one is unique because it has more TAGs"

>Memory Cubes are called "Hip Flasks" in the Spanish version
I guess, if you're drunk enough you won't notice you're supposed to be dead.

Tohaa also is the newest faction by far while the all the other factions are supporting sectorials (Ariadna, Pan O, Combine have 3 each).

I thought "petacas" meant butts

More like Tohaa has a whole bunch of special rules. It's easy to develop a distinct theme when you have mechanics uniquely designed for the faction, like the unlimited fireteams in vanilla, pheroware, symbiont armor with all its gimmicks and all the rest. Most other factions don't have the luxury of being so over-designed. Also they were the last faction added so CB had to make it somewhat mechanically appealing for new players.

>I really wish they would do shit like what they did for the tohaa for every faction.
Disagree. I think the factions could benefit from some minor flavorful enhancements but certainly not on the tohaa level. Balance-wise it's better if the factions remain loosely tied by a common blueprint, the last thing you want is to jeopardise the game balance by introducing a slew of special snowflake rules for each faction (look at 40k for a case study on the subject, where every army has basically it's own rulebook and the inter-faction balance is considered a joke).

Also imo Tohaa would benefit from a bit more coherent visual style, the units design (especially on armors) are all over the place - think Kaeltar, Kerail, Clipsos...robes, armor plaques, straps, helmets. It's a mess.

Unlimited fireteams is just fireteams you can have more of, pheroware is hacking, symbiont armor is just transmutation. What sets them apart is that they are implemented differently. Differently enough that it changes how the units are fielded and operate.

Morats also get this, with the morat skill strongly changing how they fight and what units they can engage without creating a true subsystem. Too bad the profiles they are attached to tend to be subpar for the total cost. By contrast, Shevashevastits don't really get that much flavor from their Shasvastii skill, which essentially does nothing.

The visual differences between the tohaa are no more pronounced than the units within the various Factions that belong to different Sectorials. Like, if you look at a kaeltar and a kerail and then a domaru and a wu ming.

>Differently enough that it changes how the units are fielded and operate.
That's exactly the whole point, they have special snowflake rules (and were created last by more experienced designers), of course they feel different.
Btw you downplay those elements as nothing when in fact they're very different from the norm and play a major role in defining the faction's theme. Yes triads are just fireteams, but tohaa can make 300 pts of only linked units, in vanilla. Symbiont armor can be similar to transmutation (it's not), except all the special fringe clauses with paramedics and fire ammos and symbiomates and bombs, and also that >50% of the army can have one. Pheroware is not just hacking, it's a whole different subsystem. Of course they feel different from all the other human factions.

Also, the supposed homogeneity among human factions is only skin deep. Yeah vanilla YJ may be similar to vanilla PanO, but if you venture into the sectorials you'll find out the differences are more than just "bonus to X rolls" or more of certain units. Steel Phalanx, Military Orders, QK, Morats, camospam Ariadna just to name a few have wildly different playstyles, and that's because they often have sligthly modified special rules; but there's no need for convoluted tohaa-level special rules to foster a sectorial's identity and cohesive style.

As for Shas I agree that at this time they're botched and uninspiring but we'll compare after their rework.

Cont.

While I applaud CB for their dedication to writing faction fluff that is morally grey I ran into a problem.

I was trying to come up with a Pros and Cons list for each of the factions from the standpoint of "What if you were a normal citizen of this faction" and I realized I couldn't come up with anything positive to say about Yu Jing.

CB are normally pretty good about keeping things morally grey but Yu Jing are just so cartoonishly evil.

Tell me about life as a yu ying citizen. Other than criminals and japanese getting fucked, i haven't read much about civilian life there.

Now on the matter of tohaa's visual design.

>The visual differences between the tohaa are no more pronounced than the units within the various Factions that belong to different Sectorials.
But since the tohaa has no concept of sectorial (for now) I expected them to be a bit more homogenous, like for example in PanO where you can guess from a glimpse that an ORC and an Swiss, or Akal or Crocman come from the same faction and share a common visual language. The armor share a cohesive style and color.

Tohaa's visual clutter becomes a concern, albeit minor, when it comes to design a color scheme for the army. Let's say I start a faction and want a limited palette to form a unified look, so I define the color fields: the armor plaques get a color, the fabrics another, then NMM metals, accents of another secondary color or 2, the weapons. Following this I already defined >90% of my army, with some minor exception.

With tohaa it's not as easy. They are over-designed, full elements like straps and different armor pieces. Someone has a hood, someone a robe, or a jacket, or pants, different armor pieces, different styles of helmets, everything with peculiar forms and patterns. Defining color fields for a unified scheme is a mess. Just look at the colors used on the official models, they're all over the place and look cluttered. At least they're coherent here, tohaa are overdesigned both in looks and rules.

Idk maybe it's just me but it doesn't look elegant or well thought at all.

Yu Jing are basically "PanO, but less freedom", which honestly isn't that bad. You still get to live a fairly comfy, secure life with all the modern benefits, unlike the knuckledraggers on Dawn or the degenerates in space-Sodom and space-Gohmorrah.

Did you manage to pull anything from the RPG chapter? That's CB-approved, so it's almost as good as proper CB lore.

From the RPG chapter. Yu Jing's population are literally taught to believe that it is the Manifest Destiny of the State Empire to overthrow PanOceania. After all, the 21st century was supposed to be the Chinese century but then PanO changed the rules and stole it from them. No wonder they hate PanO so much.

As for being a citizen. It's probably similar to being a citizen of China today. You get a Cube for free (unless you're Japanese), the government is obligated to provide jobs for everyone so if you don't rock the boat, you can do pretty well for yourself.

On the negative side, Yu Jing cities tend to be dirty, overcrowded and have a decidedly Blade Runner-esque appearance. Also, people who rock the boat don't live very long.

The Imperial Judicial Service are basically like the Judges from Judge Dredd except they also know Kung Fu. God help you if you do something to bring them down on your head.

Also you have to do to end up a Kuang Shi is tell an unkind joke about the Party or the Emperor and have the wrong person overhear you.

I like how one person on the forums put it while comparing to PanO:

It get's difficult to explain what is good in Yu Jing style authoritarianism to people who are predominately Western cluture.
But let's try. Let's make it polar opposite to PanO:

- in PanO, there's freedom to. You are free to be poor enough to be a victim of a traffic accident (because you weren't able to pay a comlog subscription to keep showing you the traffic signs. In TAGs of Avalon, we have a character who had to be very careful biking around the city, because she didn't see traffic lights, being an Atek - too poor to afford comlog subscription that would show her these!). If you're starving, or freezing, or ill - you are free to be so. The state has no hand and no interest in that. It is not the state's role to care for you if for any reason bad luck has befallen on you and your family (even if you had no fault in it... or no chance of having any influence on it). You are your own responsibility.

- In Yu Jing, there's freedom from. You are free from being starving, freezing or being left unattended in illness. Emperor's duty is to care for his subjects (Confucianism is very patriarchal in nature - and the Emperor is the top patriarch of the nation). It is not "communism" in the meaning that everyone gets an equal share, but the state makes sure nobody is extremely poor and unattended. That everyone has at least a living space that is considered fit for a human being, enough food of appropriate nourising value, and medical care. And there's Imperial justice for everyone. It is often harsh - the punishments are severe - but it is quick, and after all, punishments are for criminals. They are to be harsh if they are to make the criminals stop comitting criminal acts. Because it is the state's role to care for its denizens.

If you are Asian, you probably like YJ, because Asians are generally pretty racist in my experience and would prefer the homogeneity.

>That moment where everyone figured out that USARF was shit, stopped buying for it and Corvus decided to abandon the sectorial
No blackjack, ever.

How are they shit? Genuinely curious, have never played as or against them.
Btw if you want the HMG blackjack just get the azra'il or al fasid. There, done.