Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

How smug are your characters?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Broken Shackles Playtest: app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/59701/broken-shackles-test-play
Creation Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1kitAB8sHgmuD3fvOMuI_KyV_dxpO2wrxQmbnCoRgglA/edit#
Avowed Playtest: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Malefex Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/d6dKrNCR
myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1012949
dnd-wiki.org/wiki/Battle_Chef_(3.5e_Class)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>kitsunepost

KILL THYSELF.

Why is Cheliax the best kingdom/country

because it has a cute slutqueen.

Probably because is has several APs and books dedicated to it making it the most fleshed out.

>tfw Geb will never get a book
>tfw LotLK will never get an AP

Abrogail Thrune II is impure! IMPURE!

One AP is shit, the other AP is meh, one AP barely visits the place, I think there might have been a module but it was probably shit?
...but yeah, that's more than Geb or LotLK
But then again those two are literally worse than the shit Cheliax AP.

I miss Abrogail when she was an impetuous, hedonistic 16 year old.

This whole "intricate webweaver" thing is kind of much.

wait what
when was this

Before she became Majestrix.

Which books/before what book?

While I am not likely to follow up on any of this to make a character for anything, I must ask important theorycrafting questions in the name of better CONSTRUCTIONING. Especially since "that set of chargen rules" has been floating around and making me very curious.

>How would a Promethean Alchemist's homunculus interact with the Spheres version of Alchemist (Archaic Alchemist), given that the homunculus has a clause that allows it to prepare and benefit from extracts as though it were the alchemist?
>Assuming that the RAW breaks, how would you PERSONALLY rule it? Is allowing the Homunculus to just use sphere abilities "as if it were the alchemist", using the Alchemist's Sphere-related numbers (CL, casting modifier, etc) too big of a stretch, even if you add a clause preventing them from both using sphere abilities at the same time? (no double destructive blasts or some other bullshit, for example)
>Then throw PoW into the mix for gestalt, assuming you had something along the lines of... Fuck, I dunno, Alchemist||Warder or Alchemist||(Vigilante) Stalker? Obviously the Homunculus shouldn't automatically gain access to everything the Alchemist has, but what kind of things would you allow the player to get away with by spending discoveries?
>Bonus round, what breaks if you then allow everything above the Injection Crossbow part of this pastebin? pastebin.com/d6dKrNCR

Shit son, I can't tell you that, it was just the whole pre-Vengeance vibes Abrogail was giving off - she was always an extremely powerful, petty teenage girl that was a handful and a half for her devilish caretakers. There were lots of implications that she was self-indulgent and more focused on herself than matters of State.

And yet in the more recent works they aged her up, and now she's more "cunning, brutal and cruel" than "hedonistic and withdrawn."

>How smug are your characters?

As smug as an imouto going on a date with onii-chan.

Not at all.

She's more likely to grumble than smug.

>She's more likely to grumble than smug.

Aww c'mon user, there's gotta be moments when she's allowed to put on a shit-eating grin and feel like she's got the upper hand on someone, right?

2hu please go.

Not in rusty dagger shanktown there aren't.

Maybe ask if Homoncluli/Psicrystals/Familiars can take feats.

I'm in a game where the alchemists tumor familiar occasionally lays down the smack down with Fool's Errand shit.

Can anyone tell me what's so good about Esoteric to lose all the shit it loses?

Muh unarmed combat.

>tfw you will never survive long enough to be a high-level Smuglord

Considering all I hear is about how pathfinder players have to be any race but a human, dwarf or elf when they play...

It's your own damn fault.

A Promethean Alchemist's Homunculus acts as a companion creature, so it gains feats.

Humans are pretty common, and NTRDwarf has been getting talked about for two whole days now!

For all the memery, I see quite a few humans in Pathfinder.

Like both of the parties I'm currently in are mostly human.

Like half of the ACTUALLY posted characters for the Rise of the Jade Regeant meme game are humans.

And honestly I say, go Human or go wierd. Elves, Gnomes, and Halfings are boring as piss. Dwarves can be OK.

>Humans are pretty common

Really? Because whenever characters get mentioned here it's Tiefling this or Half-Orc that.

Anything that remotely looks like a monk must be thrown into the mud

How many kitsune are in the ERP game?

Hello Elegan/tg/entlemen and ça/tg/irls of /pfg/ I'm fairly new to pathfinder and require a bit of advice. My group is currently using no third party books and own only the core and advance rule book and ultimate combat and I would like to stay within those books.

I'm creating a wizard of the school of transmutation, using the subschool of enhancment found in the advance player guide. I want to play a wizard to buffs his ally and hinder his enemies and would like to stay away from magic missiles and fire balls if possible.

I can't decide my prohibited schools of magic. I was thinking illusion and evocation maybe?

What are the must have spells you would suggest? Magic weapon and bull's strength seems like good choices.

I have a good idea of feats to get, but your advice are also welcome.

I'd like to keep it simple since it's my first pathfinder game and stay within the core and advance book and avoid the other supplements.

Yes, part of the reason /pfg/ wanks Tieflings and shit so hard is because most people play humans(and basically nothing else).

i literally think the only half-orc thats been talked about is Gamagirly.

The RotJR characters in the discussions thread are human, tiefling, aasimar, dhampir, human, human, human, oread. So half is right on the money.

Tieflings are common because the stat boosts are almost as versatile as humans, but there are a ton of humans.

There is at least one, and I vaguely recall that his human form is that of a 26 year old man that works as a glassblower or something.

To be fair she get shit posted about a lot.
So far none.
The break down is
>Oni Tiefling monk
>Dhampir Occultist/Inquisitor
>Human Psychic Rogue
>Human Elementalist/Entropic Sage
>Human Zweisent
>Human Summoner
>There's another guy with a backstory but I don't see a race mentioned

None, literally zero. One guy wants to apply with a Hero Fox (you could call him a "Star Fox") but he hasn't posted yet.

I'd argue there's hardly any overtly lewd characters even in the Character Discussion so far.

Also prohibit necromancy.

Grease, Web, and Create Pit are the starting best utility spells.

Play a Dwarf and be a jew by creating magical items really really fast with a Valet Familiar. Not actually sure what rulebook Familiar Archetypes are in.

speaking of which i should post her in the thread.

>I'd argue there's hardly any overtly lewd characters even in the Character Discussion so far.
That can be fixed pretty easily.

You forgot aasimar Bardadin, and the backstory with no sheet is an oread.

Post Gamagirly so we can learn her name and stop calling her Gamagirly. We're still going to call her Gamagirly.

>NTRDwarf
Who?

Oh, really? Explain.

I think the only remotely "lewd" character even posted was the Oni.

>so we can learn her name and

Her name is Larash.

True, and even then the only reason she's lewd is she's described as being both muscular and shapely.

Anja seems to have some lewd potential with her Eidolon.

Her name's already been revealed its 'Larash'

Mostly done character sheet if you care.

myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1012949

Why is /pfg/ still talking about this one campaign over and over?

DepressedHomebrewer is working on a character for RotJR, a dwarf with +22 to diplomacy at level 3 that he plans to use to build relationships with all of the female NPCs and then pick which one he goes for a romance with later.

In other words he's an ugly fuck of a dwarf who's going to beat everyone at the relationship mechanic and NTR all the waifus.

Neat.

Because people enjoy it?

Well, I'm just saying it would be pretty easy for someone to post an overtly lewd character. There's 60 people in there, plenty to work with.

>In other words he's an ugly fuck of a dwarf who's going to beat everyone at the relationship mechanic and NTR all the waifus.
Is this on purpose?

Starfinder isn't until June.
No notable DSP playtests.
No new books to my knowledge.

>DepressedHomebrewer is working on a character for RotJR, a dwarf with +22 to diplomacy at level 3

Friendly reminder that the FAQ makes Conversion and Infiltrator not stack.

What are those from? Class, I mean.

He says it isn't and that he's only going for romance if it's the logical conclusion of RP.

The original iteration wasn't a dwarf and had a fucking +37.

Literally everyone who visits this thread has joined it, and roughly half of us have discussed characters.

We're in-between APs and books, so not much else to discuss. If you notice, we are quite zippy answering questions when they actually become available.

>Well, I'm just saying it would be pretty easy for someone to post an overtly lewd character. There's 60 people in there, plenty to work with.

Very true, and wasn't there at least three really fun-sounding lewd character concepts that are getting worked on? Razmiran Priestess and Rebound Slut are two that come to mind.

And you better post too, Osirion Catboy. Don't let the banter get to you, you flaming flamingo.

Ordained Defender and Inquisitor

We've all read the FAQ. If it would stack in this case is really up for debate because of the wording of infiltrator. If the FAQ named infiltrator I'd be on your side, but the wording of infiltrator seems to imply a specific trumps general rule and in this case it would work.

honestly despite the memes wasn't the dwarf also gonna be NOBUNAGA tier crazy?

Thank you!

So! How was your weekend, /pfg/? Do anything fun or exciting?

No, and honestly it seems like most people plan to ignore the relationship mechanic in favor of romancing other PCs.

Friendly reminder that the GM will make final rulings on that.

Inquisitor. Conversion Inquisition and Infiltrator Archetype.

>DepressedHomebrewer is working on a character for RotJR
Doesn't it have edgy demon arms?

Yup. Fiendbound marauder.

I finished my character concept and binge-watched Konosuba in a single afternoon!

i watched my party of 32pb gestalt characters nearly die to a base level encounter.

Oh, that looks like it does stack to me. One is replacing the stat originally used, another is adding a stat to it. I guess by strict interpretation it could be taken as going against the FAQ, but I doubt that's the spirit of the ruling in this case.

>it seems like most people plan to ignore the relationship mechanic in favor of romancing other PCs.

I wonder who's going to end up with who! Complicated love triangles are part of the fun for Jade Regent.

My crossdressing young aellar spellburst savant is on a mission to woo a fey succubus: Things have been going reasonably well so far.

Sad to see you haven't taken my advice.

I want to see Gamagirly be torn between LG and LE!

right now she's LN.

Exactly. So we need LG and LE characters to try to convince her.

>tfw I'm building an LE right now but I'm just not done

>be torn between LG and LE!

Or they could share, LG on top and LE on bottom with LN sandwiched firmly in between.

Tell us about it! Anything you have that you're willing to share?

Even better.

Plus he's a FILTHY CANNIBAL!

>spill some spaghetti during a lunch meetup with potential employer because I don't actually need to eat anymore
>almost forgot that one of our party members is suffering from a homebrewed variant of the vampire corruption, and I end up needing to take some CON damage to help her out
>we have to stop early after a casual session where absolutely nothing exciting happens, due to other players crashing
>do a quickie with the GM afterwards to continue a side game, where I explore a spooky attic and somehow succeed every single save I have to make

Had a birthday, got some booze as gift, ate some surprisingly decent cake, contemplated on a story I'll never write or run, and some stories I'll never play.
The usual, apart from the stuff before the story stuff.

He won't be the only one that's had a taste of Dwarf meat when that campaign is over.

On a scale of 1-10 how edgy is NTRDwarf?

Got pokemon, watched Survivor's Series, and finished up a new kineticist element that's gonna be in a new book because that is what I do.

Also Legendary Kineticists 2 playtest should be sometime after thanksgiving to avoid burnout from the KOP 4 playtest, which is still currently being edited/developed.

"Read the fucking FAQ and don't stack shit" out of 10.

What's that from? Rwby?

It feels like one person keeps shouting to read the FAQ even when other people disagree that the FAQ doesn't apply here.

I'd recognize that animation from anywhere, it's RWBY.

>N-Jolly is a fellow Zero Escape fag
>Legendary Kineticists 2
Fucking baller.

That's because that's what's happening.

It's from Virtues last reward.

>mfw the current line-up of characters
>mfw the ones discussed this weekend

>Literally everyone who visits this thread has joined it
Not quite. A damn good chunk though.

Is it bad that i want to play a character that literally eats their way through the campaign?

Diplomatic incident? clearly food must be the solution.

Dragon rampaging in the northern provinces? I hear they taste good when smoked.

>Is it bad that i want to play a character that literally eats their way through the campaign?

Not at all! Every character needs a thing, and yours just happens to be food.

"In addition to" doesn't mean you get to stack the same ability modifier twice.

>Cannibal
>Exile
>Horrific features
>Giant spiky claw arms
>Cheerful friendly disposition
I'd say 6 or 7, maybe 8 at the highest.

Who's your favorite user?

Yeah, it's from that episode where Torchwood trapped RWBY and JNPR in a moonbase and made them play the Ambidex Game, it was pretty sick.

I was looking at the wiki and found that gif, and I knew I had to use it for something. I'd have probably used Delta for inspiration for the mind element if the game had been out by then.

Dio did nothing wrong

dnd-wiki.org/wiki/Battle_Chef_(3.5e_Class)

You're welcome.

A reminder that it is completely possible to get a gestalt that gets Int to the same things twice, all as different bonus types, which then all stack.

Here are the two sides to the argument.
1) You can't stack WIS+WIS to your diplomacy.
2) You're right, but NTRDwarf is using Wisdom as his normal diplomacy modifier, and the Infiltrator says "she adds her Wisdom modifier on Bluff and Diplomacy skill checks in addition to the normal ability score modifiers." Since Wisdom is his normal ability score modifier, he can.

>Who's your favorite user?

That's kind of a difficult question since all of them are really cool in their own way.

Of the ones posted, it's a toss-up between Casimir and Shizuka.

Of the ones discussed here, it's gotta be NTRDwarf, though I'm intrigued to see how Razmiran Priestess develops.

Which are your favorites?

The consuming of food is the more important part.
i looked around, And Ungermaw from Gonzo 2 looks the closest i'd want.