Alien creature creation thread

Who's up for making an alien creature?

1d4chan.org/wiki/Creature_Feature_Creation_Table_for_/tg

First roll: Creature environment or World? (d100)

Rolled 12 (1d100)

Rolling. Let's see what kind of fucked up monster we create.

Jungle - "It thrives in a dense saturated jungle filled with diverse wildlife."

Alright, so a jungle animal it is! Next up;
>What is the creature's food habits? (d10)

Rolled 9 (1d10)

Killer for fun - "This creature's eating habits are unknown, but it doesn't eat it's prey. Regardless it still enjoys slaughtering and killing. A True Bastard."

A mystery, I like it. It makes it even more scary

>How does the creature reproduce? (d10)

Rolled 8 (1d10)

Allogamy/Autogamy - "Normal reproduction between two species with an egg and sperm."

Ok, so nothing special there. Moving on;
>Main Sense? (d10)

Rolled 9 (1d10)

ROLLING FOR OVIPOSISTION

Rolled 4 (1d10)

Smell

"I've heard that once you stepa foot in it's turf, it can smell you a mile away" - Unknown Imperial Guardsman

>What major faction has had to deal most with the species? (d100)

Rolled 91 (1d100)

Tyranids

Oh Tyranids. Maybe it is killing the genestealer vangaurd for for fun, or maybe it is enough that the Tyranids must focus on it before moving on the rest of the planet? Who knows?

>What role (generally) does (or did) the species as a whole play? (d100)

Rolled 98 (1d100)

Dormant - "The species usually stays in hibernation or stasis for long periods of time. They are largely unknown by the galaxy at large."

Maybe some Nids woke it/them up a bit early, and made them angry?

>Personal Creature's Exemplary Action (d10)

Rolled 1 (1d10)

Please use a different roll

Nothing of note... Yet!

Fitting actually since it is largly unknown to the rest of the galaxy.

>Size (d6)

Rolled 5 (1d6)

Why+ What's the problem?

"Large"

Sweet!

>Locomotion (d10)

It's just a thing of hoping for a more interesting outcome is all.

Rolled 7 (1d10)

Quadruped (Beasts)

>Skin/Surface type?(d12)

We can always roll another alien after this one?

Rolled 10 (1d12)

Fair point

Smooth/Slimey - "Characterized by a mostly smooth, often slimey skin to the touch. Found sometimes in Amphibians."

Ok do you guys want to roll for attributes in order to stat it for 40k?

Sure let's see how tough these things are

Alright, give me 11d3's

Rolled 2, 1, 3, 1, 3, 3, 2, 3, 1, 3, 1 = 23 (11d3)

Ok so we got the following bonuses to our statline:
>Agile* Gain Fleet
>Heavily Armoured* 4+ armour save
>Predator* +1 WS
>Extra Attack +1A

Ok, now I want you to roll 2 d3's for the +1 WS and +1A in order to see how much we add to those stats

Rolled 2, 1 = 3 (2d3)

Ok so 2 WS and still 1 A

Ok time for abilities
>Number of Abilities the Creature has?(d10)

Rolled 3 (1d10)

Ok so we get 6 rolls on the abilities table. So that means 6 d35's. But please roll the one at a time so more Anons can join in and it's easier to avoid double numbers

Rolled 1 (1d35)

Acid Blood

Badass, we Xenomorphs now

>5 rolls left

Rolled 35 (1d35)

Explains why the Tyranids ain't just ate it I guess

Vampirism

For each unsaved wound the creature causes, it may attempt a strength test. (a 6 always fails) If passed then it adds one wound to its base profile for the remainder of the game. Though it may not exceed twice the number of its starting wounds.

Holy fuck, what is this beast?

Also forgot to add the description on what acid blood does:

If the creature is killed, non-creature models in base-to-base contact suffer a single automatic S4 hit before the model is removed as a casualty.

>4 Rolls left

Rolled 6 (1d35)

It's an acidic vampiric gecko that kills for pleasure

Deadly Attack

The creature gains the Smash special rule

You can add this to the list as well

>3 rolls left

Rolled 10 (1d35)

tail slap obv

Rolled 15 (1d35)

Duplicating Attack

If the creature causes two or more casualties in the assault phase then roll a D6, on a 5+ place an replica of the creature within 2" of the first. This new model now counts as engaged in combat. The new creature has the same profile and abilities as the original, excepting that it has only one wound on its profile and it does not have the duplicating attack ability.

Even more badass stuff!

>2 rolls left
Fission

When the creature is reduced to 0 wounds, the model splits up into smaller offspring, placed within 2". These offspring have the profile of a small creature but have share no abilities in common from the original creature other than the form of locomotion. Medium creatures split into two offspring, Large creatures split into three.

>1 roll left

Holy fuck, I kinda want a drawfag to make this come to life

>it creates more of itself when it kills something
>it creates more of itself when it dies
>when it dies it splashes acid everywhere

MANNTIIISSS STYLLLEEEE

Well, I guess we figured out how it reproduces.

By the Emperor, this is truly some death world tier monster. Just be thankful that it hibernates and has not been found on any other Imperial worlds

Rolled 21 (1d35)

Massive

Large Creatures gain the Monstrous Creature type and associated special rules

Whelp, it just got more terrifying

Ok that was the entire table friends. Let's recap and count the point cost for it.

No recap?

Creature Environment
>Jungle
Creatures Food Habits
>Killer for Fun
Creature's reproduction
>Allogamy/Autogamy
Main Sense
>Smell
Major faction interaction
>Tyranids
What role does the species as a whole play
>Dormant
Personal Creatures Exemplary Action
>Nothing of yet
Size
>Large
Skin texture
>Smooth/Slimy
Attributes
>Agile
>Heavily Armored
>Predator
> Extra Attack
Number of abilities
>6
Abilities
>Acid Blood
>Vampirism
>Deadly Attack
>Duplicating Attack
>Fission
>Massive

So far got 80pt monster how many points is duplicating attack?

I think it is 10% of the total point cost for the creature. By the way, did you include the cost for it's locomation and size=

Ok, what we have here is an Old One defence beast. It was made to guard a death-world/laboratory during the war in heaven, has rested in stasis for a million years, and when the Nid vanguard arrived it woke up and started killing and replicating itself.

It's vampirism, duplication and fission abilities ensure it can grow from a single creature to whatever numbers are needed to defend the world, it's size and strength means it can take on the largest enemies, and the acid blood ensures swarms of smaller creatures can't succeed either. It's only missing camo-skin or a ranged attack to be the perfect predator.

Holy shit, I like this idea. Can we get a drawfag in here?

What should we name this beast?

+[+]+Explorator log #113 from the "Retribution Of Judgement"+[+]+

++Journal Entry #47++
+Sub Entry: Undiscovered World+

A new star system has been bathed in the light of the God Emperor. Currently designanted as Delta-Kappa#12813 [new name in progress].

The star system itself seems to consists of a single habitable world along with many smaller planetoids and gas giants in the system. An exploration team has been sent down to the habitable planet to do early recon.

I suck at writing this, but atleast I am trying

WHY NOT USE GURPS?
We once made one using gurps where people selected the best choices (people could vote on any choice they liked on a poll), between the ones that would be able to be rolled at random.
We could do it again, now, with people giving scores from 1 to 5 on all choices that able to be rolled at random.

The race we did became:
Chemical base: Water-Based Life (Cold to Hot worlds)
Habitat: space dwelling life
Race is sapient
Trophic Level: Hijacking Carnivore
Place the race lives has 0.1 g
Movement: Immobile
Size: 250 yards
Weight: 78130000 pounds
Size in race local gravity = 1150 yards
Weight in race local gravity = 7604375000 pounds.
Strenght = 3933 ST
Bilateral
18 segments (each segment has one limb per side) won.
Has tails
Long tail (Long enhancement) and Barbed striker tail (Striker doing cutting or piercing damage)
Is an tool using race
6 sets of manipulators (each set has normal DX or High Manual Dexterity 1)
Internal Skin
Outer Skin : Scale
Scale Type:Armor shell (DR 5)
Cold-blooded (no disadvantage)
Growth Pattern: Unusual growth pattern (add segments )
Reproduction:Parthenogenesis
Gestation: Pollination
Special gestation: Brood Parasite (young raised by another species)
Moderate r-Strategy: 1d+1 offspring per litter, some care after birth
Vision: Telescopic Vision 4
Deaf
Touch: Acute Touch 4 and Vibration Sense
Has those special Senses:
360° Vision
Absolute Direction
Ultravision
Scanning Sense (Radar)
Primary Sense of Communication: Scanning Sense (Radar)
Lifespan: Extended Lifespan 2
Average IQ: 11
Mating Behaviour: Permanent pair bond
Social Organization: Pair-bonded
Gregariousness: Loner (0)
Concentration = Short Attention Span (9)
Curiosity = Curious (9) (reduce selfcontrol number to 6)
Playfullness: Compulsive Playfulness (9) (becomes Trickster at 12 if specific being of this race is is Overconfident)
Empáthy: Empathy ( add Charitable at 12)
Chauvinism: Racial Intolerance
Suspicion: Normal
Egoism: Selfless (6)
Imatination: Versatile

110pt Monster

Bump

Maybe it's some kind of biological defense mechanism for the planet. It stays dormant until a invasive alien species arrives, then wakes up and starts wiping them out.

I support these ideas, I like the concept of an ancient species engineered to be a natural defense system against non native life forms.

It's an armadillo bear.
A bloodsucking armadillo bear.
A bloodsucking armadillo bear that pukes its eggs into its preys stomach and whose babies eat their way out of their mom like a wasp does to a spider.

I can see why the tyranids don't like these things.

Don't forget it's massive size and acid blood.

It's the size of a carnefix, and half as friendly.

What if it's a Krork prototype, with a highly aggressive fungoid reproductive system? with spores present in it's venom, blood and bodily mucus, it has multiple vectors by which to infiltrate and propagate within it's targets. The spore rapidly mature, bursting out of the victim chestburster style.

The Krork links would also explain it's desire to kill for the sake of killing; whilst not possessing the full range of Orky instincts, it still carries an inherent glee for causing carnage and death.

Nah, that doesn't fit with the vampirism or the acid blood.

>Locomotion: Quadruped. Gains the Beast type (12" movement, not slowed by difficult terrain)
>Agile: Gains Fleet.
The most terrifying thing about this creature, is how fucking FAST it is. It comes at you like a steamtrain made of acid and death. And when it bites you, you turn into one as well!

I wonder if the Tyranid have mind are having second thoughts on consuming this planet?

>Welcome to the Jungle
>We got fun and games
This thing is fast, tough, and smart enough to kill for pleasure. Think it could take a Hive Tyrant?

>could
I think it already has user

Very likely
I also support these ideas for it to be more a biological defense force. I also like the idea of linking it to the old ones as being some sort of late guard dog project.

Kinda does, but I guess I didn't explain very well. The idea being that the spores are in the blood too; the wounds inflicted by 'acid blood' are in fact the result of spores in the creatures bloodstream infected those who got sprayed from it's injuries.

I'll admit, I'm stumped on making the vampirism fit. Maybe it's a primitive WAAAGH!! field that causes regeneration in those under it's influence? That way, the act of spreading spores, producing more creatures increases the potency of the proto-WAAAGH!!, reknitting the flesh of the creature as it's progeny grow and add to the psychic field.

And it already has regular sexual reproduction from earlier. So I guess it multiplies like rabbits.

Very dangerous rabbits.

Acid is a very different thing to fungus. It's hard to confuse the two.

The spores in the blood might cause chemical burns or secrete some form of acid.

It's like Galaxy immune system response toward Tyranid infestation.

Well, having just stumbled upon this thread, I have to say that this thing is absolutely horrifying in every way.

I'd imagine this would be the harbinger of the Apocalypse for a great many human societies if it interacted with them.

As an Old One creation, it might bare some similarity to the Kork. But the Eldar are also "cousins" of the Kork in this way, and aren't exactly similar other than being all naturally psychic.

Rather than spores, I think it probably injects it's victim with some kind of horrible mutagenic virus cocktail (or perhaps psychic like the enslavers?) that converts them into one of it. Then later, it uses normal sexual reproduction to mix the useful bits of the hosts biology into its own gene pool. It explains why the project was abandoned: while it's would be fine for fighting the Necron'tyr, after the C'Tan turned them into non-pyschic metal Crons they became mostly immune.

I like the idea that it was forgotten during the war in heaven and that it would pose a serious threat to the galaxy at large if it ever were to spread around.

It feels like a more streamlined xenomorph, though I feel like it looks like this.

Terror giant?

Should the planet it lives on be habited or not?

Inhabited, but not in a disruptive enough way to wake these things up from their cocoons. They should see them as saviors from some Tyranid infestation, until they kill off most of the Tyranid vanguard and start killing people.

I figured the world was originally an Old One lab, which has become a death-world in the millions of years since the Old Ones all died and the experiments got loose. The creature was in stasis in the last ruins of the lab.

When a genestealer infestation arrives, the pyschic call they set up wakes up the lab, which releases the beast. It first hunts down the genestealers, then the cultists, and then starts on anything else it sees as "tainted" with foreign dna. Which includes any humans who haven't been on the planet for at least a hundred generations.

Since it has a good sense of smell it might be able to single out non native life forms due to them having a different scent

Nah, doesn't really fit

I say something like the Tyrannophage. Something that indicates it's predation of Tyranids, as it would probably be it's most notable feature to the humans that encounter it. Beyond being a nightmarish hell beast of course.

I feel like that name name makes it sound more like an actual tyranid rather than a Tyranid killer

Could we try for a Greek style name since most Tyranid names appear to have Latin roots? Would help to play up the whole "similar but different" angle

No way, the hive mind will send everything it can to grab this beast-god's DNA. Prepare for multiplying, splitting carnifexes if it succeeds

Maybe there's something fundamental about it that prevents that from happening? It's an old one creation, so it's probably got some psychic component.

What if instead of just growing copies of itself inside of things it bites, it actually turns them into copies. Like a xenos werewolf.

Maybe when it dies it the thing that prevents it's acid blood from killing it stops and in turn the entire body is melted down to a useless DNA free puddle? Preventing species such as the Tyranids and other races to study it?

>Ctrl+F "Chrysalid"

>No Results.

But guys . . . this bastards like some kind of truck sized Gecko/Xeno Chrysalid.

Fuckin' ayys. Fuckin' Long Dong.

Is the thread dead?

C'mon don't die on me now

Was the full statline posted yet, or am I just blind?