Horus Heresy General /hhg/

Mechanicum Superior, Imperium Inferior edition.

Old Thread >HHG FAQs
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

>Oct 16 White Dwarf
mediafire.com/file/zm71nli980zr97h/WhiteDwarf_Oct16.pdf

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Other new links
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww98.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fe6VFn2St%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww116.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fd2D2z8mF%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww110.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2F1USI8Urn%2Ffile.html
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!LoBA0bqS
www98.zippyshare.com/v/e6VFn2St/file.html

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2016/11/21/new-forge-world-knight/
www111.zippyshare.com/v/ubR1X6xt/file.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hetaireia
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for NEW KNIGHT!

warhammer-community.com/2016/11/21/new-forge-world-knight/

2nd for THICC

> mechanicum casual wear is also battle wear

>Bionic implementation & chill

Inferno in December or is it all just a misprint?

Yes. Inferno is in February.

Does anyone know the colour recipe for the Thanatar-Cynis in the Mechanicum Support Cadre bundle? Want a colour less boring than brass for my Taghmata Xana.

You can always send FW an email and ask.
They're usually quite willing to assist.

Good lord it's beautful.

Unknown

It's unlikely that GW would print something that's blatantly untrue(false advertising). But that could be an old print of a WD and not a 'release' one.

At the same time supposedly FW hinted at Feb. But I don't recall any specifics. Unless FW explicitly said "Inferno in Feb." it could be December.

Do you guys build your armies based around one company, or make a combined arms?

One company will have combined arms, though.

So, to answer your question: Yes.

XANA TRANSFER SHEET WHEN

Master of Mankind spoilers from reddit

The Emperor doesnt' seem to consider the Primarchs legitimate sons, he calls them specimens with their number creation. i.e. Fulgrim was "Three"

fucking ADB and his fucking daddy issues again

HOUSE VYRONII TRANSFER SHEET WHEN

We've seen it, damn it!

Yeah we knew man, there was mad spoilers in the thread yesterday from an user who had a copy

Basically all you need to know is that Arkhan land is a fucking grade-A baller

and then be disappointed that all we get as his legacy is the debased tracked version of his Raider, since his original is fucking Grav...

didn't check tg yesterday so missed it

still pisses me off

And it has a ball mounted turret of 4 volkite culverins

But hey, his speeder is still grav, that counts for something.

Just finished this Centurion cunt. Made him way, way too dirty though. Oh well.

*CHOOM*

>what are archives

Yeah it's shitty, it makes even less sense when you think about the only reason the Emperor didn't immediately delete Horus from existence once he boarded the Vengeful spirit was the fact that he still loved him and couldn't bring himself to kill his favourite son

Fucking ADB

>no butchers nails

do you even WE

Don't forget Angronius!

>bigbuduh man you smmayin we got some nails and sheet
>imma shoot some po op don't try an stop me man

Nah, they're there, on the right side of his head. It's a bit hard to make out from this picture, but he uses the head of the Ultramarines legion herald guy.

>/pol/posting about a member of the most savage and ill-disciplined of the legions being black

I'm not sure what you're trying to get across, user.

Yeah, no shit they're not real sons. It's one of the few things that Merrett, ADB and Thorpe actually agreed on.

Fair enough, he looks good IMO.

I like his cape, makes me want more marines with capes

What are you using him for? Delegatus? Siege breaker? Legion champion? I think he could fill a lot of roles well

So I'm looking at the Cybernetica Battlegroup bundle, which has six Thallaxii. But none of them seems to come with any weapon upgrades (the plasma fusils, multimeltas, etc.)

Are my only options to convert or buy recasts, or will I simply have to either play with unupgraded Thallaxii or shill out for more Cohorts with upgrades?

Capes are great, and easy as hell to make with GS.

And I just run him as a champion in big games, and a delegatus in smaller ones. Speaking of Siege Breakers, though, how do you folk generally go about modelling them? Want to take one for my Fists side-project.

How do we fix champions.

Initiative boost.

pierce armor to deal with archer lines.

Give them Paragon Blades.

>Yeah, no shit they're not real sons
In a rts game, age of empires, I micromanaged a lone Heavy cavalry unit to dodge a bunch of catapult projectiles, which stalled the enemy pc and bought time for the rest of the army to arrive.
I reckon I have as much love for that unnamed collection of bits as Emps has for the Primarchs.
R.I.P. in pieces, unnamed cataphract hero.

did you use the FW recipe for your world eater? I'm thinking about making a pot of that drakenhof/nuln/lahmian/water mix and trying the sponge method out on some models tonight.

no shit they aren't, but he treated them LIKE his real sons. the big reason why he couldn't kill horus instantly during the final battle was because he hesitated, due to his love for his son.

but its okay, they'll retcon that sad, human moment to bullshit where horus is too powerful for the emperor to defeat, but horus loses his powers after he breaks the emps back, because chaos wants him to fail. just like how the guy who gets killed by horus got changed to a perpetual.

Nah, I brush.

Making a pot of that mixture is a hell of a good investment for your eaters, though. Post pics of your progress, KA.

anyone notice that the legions who have dead primarchs are the ones with gene seed problems in 40k? TS excepted, of course. And yes IHs have a fucking problem.

Imperial Fists are fine. And the Ultramarines (though Guilliman technically isn't dead, I guess). The Dark Angels and White Scars are also fine, though their Primarchs aren't confirmed dead.

So yeah, the Imperial Fists.

>being black and immune to flame is a problem

your father dying will normally be a traumatic experience.

The implication there being that Dorn and Alpharius or Omegon isn't dead

What part of Vulcan Lives (matter) do you not get

I've got an empty bottle of lahmian meme-ium I'm gonna fill up with the stuff, hopefully this method works better for my skill level because making thin lines with wash in white recesses ends up with michael j fox marines.

>in 40k
Didn't he die (again) in battle against The Beast on M32?

I didn't read it but that never stopped him before

raven guard have unstable geneseed, and their primarch isn't dead

>A fellow AoE 2 fan

My brother of unknown descent.

I think warp power was involved. That can kill a perpetual. That's the way vampires and werewolves operate, so for once that's a thing BL is being consistent with.

Meanwhile the IW have better geneseed than the SW, and their primarch is now a literal daemon.

Baron's back baby!

>warp power

They stabbed him with a piece of the emperors own lightning and took away his perpetual powers and he STILL got back up.

He's fine

More like Baron GOT back amirite fellas

Maybe try kitbashing them? Lightning Guns have a vague enough stock that you could easily stick a plasmagun nozzle onto it and it'd look OK.

This guy looks awesome, great work Brother!

>Maybe try kitbashing them? Lightning Guns have a vague enough stock that you could easily stick a plasmagun nozzle onto it and it'd look OK.

Yeah, I've been considering that. The lightning guns do look similar, and I have several plasma pistols in my bits box.

Can someone tell me where the Phased Plasma-fusil's weapon profile can be found in the Taghmata Army List book? I've been scrolling up and down the wargear section for half an hour an I just can't find it. Am I retarded? Please help.

Mechanicum players, do you find Enhanced Targeting on your Castellax worth it normally?

Tinkering with my lists and it does add up to a lot of points.

Also, when running Reductor armies, do you use any battle-automata, what vehicles do you prefer and how do you outfit your artillery?
Sorry to spam questions like this, making my first lists and want to know if there are any "must takes" or conventions I should probably follow, or is most Mechanicum stuff good? Plan was basic Matrix of Ruin, plus some Myrmidon Destructors and maybe some Castellax to start.

The only "must takes" are units that you think are cool as fuck (provided it fits within the restrictions of your army)

put on the FW recipe wash mix for my world eater test dude and I already like it better than agrax for recesses. will try to sponge the bastard later.

I can't find it in the taghmata book either, but here's the wargear page from the legiones astartes book, just so you have the profile.

Luckily we have Phoenix Spears, Murderswords and Glaives.

That is enough.

Thank you, based user. At least I'm not an idiot, then. Though it's weird that Forge World would omit/forget to put in such a common weapon.

Not that user
>mfw the entire codex is cool as fuck
>even the fucking tarpit
Whyyyyyyyy

That's barely readable. Here, have this.

But user, I think all the Mechanicum are cool as fuck.
Thanks, though, nice to know nothing is shit. I do like pretty much every unit save Domitars, Myrmidon Secutors and the Krios Venator in looks, so I think I'll go Reductor and ally in some Cybernetica later once I have some robots. Seems to me that big tanks, shooty priests and big guns screened by Thralls and Thallax is about perfect for what I want. Essentially, I play robo-guard.

Maybe add some planes as well, close air support covereth a multitude of sins.

So you buy everything.
Do it.
DO IT.

You got the wrong one. That doesn't have the phase plasma-fusil.

No. Castellax are walls that hit just as hard as they take. They want to be in melee, I think. Taking them as gunplatforms is wasting them. Their BS4 is sufficient. If you're running them, you're running squads of 2+, so ETAs on them all would get cost-prohibitive. An ETA is best on a Paragon Thanatar.

For the Ordo Reductor artillery, I think that depends on your enemy. In a general case, you should make them do what the rest of your army can't - that means either Earthshaker or Medusa.

Ok then, those can be my giant battering rams and bullet magnets while my Thrall tarpits tarpit and artillery hammers anything that disagrees with them too much, and if something really dangerous shows up I can shoot it with Grav Imploder Myrmidons.

I like this army already.

I think they might do their own psychic discipline for thousand sons, remember the renegade and heretics one?

Maybe each squad gets sth like that according to your cult choice.

It is in the taghmata book, on the knight weapons page

Can someone convert this(Taghmata Army List in epub) to pdf and post link here?
www111.zippyshare.com/v/ubR1X6xt/file.html

Oh man, it is. I didn't even know Knights could use them. Oh well. Thank you!

>like 5+ mechanicum/reductor units can take weapon
>precisely 1 knight can take it, as a secondary weapon
>put rules on the knight page only
Forgeworld are so silly sometimes.

Right? That's seems like the most hilarious (and infuriating) oversight.

Highlighting that this was posted.

I did see it but I tried to convert it the first time it was posted and wasn't able. Srry.

C&C of this Cybernetica list, please? It's my first goal of models to get (Already have the Knight), based on the Cybernetica Battlegroup.

ETA is only ever worth it on castellax when you have Darkfire Cannons. Multimeltas are not really worth it. I did a similar list a week back but a few things are swapped out. You also had no anti-air, and one of us has our thanatar costs wrong

315-Scoria-Abeyant

230-2x Castellax-Power Blades
280-2x Castellax-Darkfire, ETA
320-6x Thallax, Ferrox, Heavy Chainblades

175-Vulturax

300-Thanatar-ETA, Paragon

380-Knight Errant,Ocular Augmetics

I have ETA on all of them mostly to fill out the points, and the Multimeltas because that's what the Cybernetica Battlegroup bundle comes with.

I'm not sure how to get my hands on Darkfire cannons outside of scratchbuilding them. The ~15% discount on the Castellax models (And thus the entire package) is tempting, even with the multimeltas.

If thats the case, you would be better off dropping points everywhere else and making a smashfucker HQ, since mechanicum characters are killy as fuck unless they fight a primarch or siggy

>unless they fight a primarch or siggy

Why did you say the same thing twice?

Does anyone have an opinion about the Thanatar Calix? ETA + Paragon = 345pts for something with a single 60" S10 gun plus complementary dakka that wants to get close to forts so it can poke them with the D. Even so, that's a lot of points.
He's using a regular Dominus, those pale when compared to Primes and such. Maybe an ArchDominus, or maybe drop a few points here and there and make those Thralls Fearless / give the Thallax some Meltabombs.

What would a Smashfucker Magos look like? Archmagos Prime with a Cortex Controller, a master-crafted Powerfist, an Abeyant, Machinator Array, and Malagra?

Please be nice, I have only the slightest grasp on what half of that stuff does.

>Highest resilience
Take a Machinator array and an Abeyant
Archmagos Dominus and Lacryaemarta have FnP
>Highest offensive power
Power fist + Paragon Blade + Rad grenades
Reductor Magi have higher strenght
Malagras have +1 WS and attack, along with PE(characters) and Monster Hunter.
Your magos may or may not have a Rad Furnace

Siggy's only good in a fight, a bit like Angron. Kinda primarchy, i guess.
Its shit, plasma mortars of either variety are amazing but a single s10 shot and a melee weapon on something that's easily tarpitted, moves six inches a turn and cant run? trash. And i meant taking an Archdominus with all those wasted points and making it actually dangerous
Look up Arch Dominus, but your malagra works too. Magos of any variety are terrifying because they have so many options

>Byzantines
>Not being behind walls
Dorn is disappoint.

>Imperial Fists are fine
Can't spit acid.

They had that problem before Dorn died/went missing.

>easily tarpitted, moves six inches a turn and cant run
That's why I was asking for the Paragon of Metal version. Those ignore Programmed behaviour, so they can run and sweep without a Controller caretaker. So it would be able to sweep an infantry unit trying to tarpit it since most weapons cannot wound it (or at least make them run), and those that can are I1, and its sidearm is AP3 pinning, with Rampage.
My concern is this would not be enough?
It was even earlier, in Rise of Rome when cataphracts were non-specific elite cavalry. And yet, Dorn would be glad of fighting alongside the Companion Cavalry, the Hetaireia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hetaireia

I'm trying to decide between Iron Warriors, Death Guard or White Scars. Do you guys have any suggestions?

>Iron Warriors and Death Guard
>or White Scars
It's like choosing between burgers, beef or hot cakes. What do you like of each?

>What would a Smashfucker Magos look like?

Scoria

>Scoria
Don't you hate those characters that make their generic counterparts obsolete?
>Decima Invictus
Eh, not really, no :^)

Do you like going fast or gunlines? Personally I like the White Scar rules, they're fun, fluffy and require you to always move so gunlines are not an option but otherwise their rules are generic enough so as to support any other playstyle.

Yeah I know they are all very different.

Death Guard: Played them in 40k, enjoy their colors and armor

White Scars: Super fast space mongols, seem like cool dudes

Dislikes
Iron Warriors: Don't like building or painting vehicles

Death Guard: Primarch is dumb, legion itself doesn't seem to have much personality

White Scars: White and red are a bitch to paint

Iron Warriors.

Go with huge tac blobs. Fix bayonets when needed.

oh, paragon, my bad. They're still insanely expensive, and not very good at all. A single s10 shot per turn is not good at all, and very few people bother to take fortifications. As far as running and such, thats true, but sweeping? You have what, two, three attacks? You might kill one regular, 12.5 point marine per turn and be tarpitted the entire game by a unit that costs two-thirds of yours, without even being able to use your lascannon. You won't be winning combat by much, much less sweeping with your i2. If you regularly fight an Imperial Fist all castled up, it might be less trash, since the Calix costs as much as the smaller fort, which is the only one i've ever seen actually used in game. But the model itself is pure sex, so take it if you want.

>white and red are a bitch to paint

Learn to prime White well. You'll have to relearn everything compared to priming black but once you do it's not all that bad.

>Primarch is dumb, legion itself doesn't seem to have much personality
>Nathaniel Garro is half the reason Horus couldn't Sweep Advance Terra
>Rask was a chapter master siege breaker, fanatic supporter of Mortarion
>Morturg is a disgraced librarian sentenced to Destroyer duty. Survives Istvaan and tags along Decima as a blackshield zombie psychic cyborg in the Halo stars
>Typhon is a whole character unto himself, and a dual Chapter Master Librarian on a legion that hated them. Also has a chem orbital bombardment, literally invented Grave Wardens and is based in the Terminus Est, THE poison ship
>Mortarion endures a lot, and is eventually forced to become that which he hates. Also rammed a starship into a hive city on purpose. Read Daemonology.
If you don't like the Death Guard then just say it, pal. No need to lie :)