Master Of Mankind Spoilers

reddit.com/r/40kLore/comments/5e32f9/master_of_mankind_spoilers_warning_spoilers/

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cú_Chulainn
youtu.be/zpz5WgRlGLM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

All these people bitching that the Emperor treated the primarchs as experiments, despite the authors saying for years that the only Primarch the Emperor had any real love for beyond their intended purpose was Horus.

>-The Emperor's powers are hilarious and anime-ish.
At one point Drach'yn impales him only for his body to fizzle out in an afterimage with the Emperor already behind him.
Just fucking shoot Black Library's entire staff already.

> Psykers behind you.

Nothing personnel, manifestation of the evils of the mortal soul.

This is a power in Dark Heresy 1E. It's nothing specific to anime.

>Defending literal *teleports behind u* writing
Who would have guessed current BL fans come from Gaia Online.

>reddit

aye

>Gaia Online
Oh, this must be one of those trolls I hear about all the time on this website :3

So are Elfen Lied ghost arms
Dark Heresy is written by weebs who browse this very site

>anime-ish
>Implying western mythology isn't just as wuxia as this
>Cu Chulainn, Gawain, Herakles, etc etc

Cu Chulainn was the most bishonen yet horrifying berserker I have ever heard of.

>The Emps only did the Ullanor triumph and maintains his current "golden god" form only for pomp and PR reasons. He considers it all petty and has devoted his entire existence to the Webway Project and the manifest destiny of humanity to rule the galaxy. The Webway Project was everything to him.

Way to go Magnus you giant red fuck up

Tell me a little bit about Cu Chulainn. He sounds Irish.

This is him and his Master in Japan.

So with the emperor being able to summon dead servants like Ferrus, I suppose that confirms that there is at least some form of afterlife based on the emperor, where he stores these souls. Also interesting is the bit about Drach'yn being sealed in the custodes, unfortunate in that we already knows he fails the emperor too.

He's basically a scaled down Irish Hulk.

He is. The absolute motherfucker went into a berserker rage that directly translates to "Warp Spasm." He had multi-colored hair and seduced every women he met with his oddly hairless and feminine charms.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cú_Chulainn

He also appeared in an anime and was based as fuck.

Magnus couldn't have possibly known that the integrity of the imperium was secondary to the completion of the webway since he didn't fucking know at all about the latter.

>The Emperor has become the Holy Grail
>The dead primarchs have become Servants

Based and best Lancer.

youtu.be/zpz5WgRlGLM

>The Emps only did the Ullanor triumph and maintains his current "golden god" form only for pomp and PR reasons.

I don't get this. Does this mean that he wouldn't have gone to Ullanor if PR didn't force him to? He didn't care about it?

Although, had he known, he seems right up there for blabbing it to one of the Navigators, which would've set off a civil war even earlier.

>Magnus couldn't have possibly known that the integrity of the imperium was secondary to the completion of the webway since he didn't fucking know at all about the latter.

No, but Magnus's entire story can literally be summed up by the Emperor saying "Hey Magnus, don't do this one specific thing." and then Morgan Freeman narrating "But Magnus was a fucking idiot, and did exactly that one specific thing directly at the man who told him not to."

I think it's saying that the Emperor viewed it as a distraction from the webway project

kek

When did this come out? I always wanted to read about the Emperor. Is it any good? Its been awhile since I read BL, but IIRC ADB is a good writer.

pre-Release Spoilers are out, main book is out this weekend.

ADB has confirmed what we suspected: The Emperor is a Dick so big even Ron Jeremy would moan in envy.

It's not out yet. Only a handful of copies were for sale at BL Live this past week.

>main book is out this weekend
Hopefully a copy of the ebook is out seen then.

This.
Emps went to Magnus and said, "Hey, don't do this shit, I've been doing it longer and better than you, I know how it can go wrong."
Magnus goes and does it anyway, then gets btfo'd when he gets caught doing it. I just don't know how people genuinely defend Magnus.
At best, he could use ignorance as a shield, but that doesn't work in the real world, much less a military organization where it's leader has shown he is not above wrecking your shit for not listening.

Motherfucking Cu for president.

>ADB has confirmed what we suspected: The Emperor is a Dick so big even Ron Jeremy would moan in envy.

No. ADB is just shitting on all previous depictions of the Emperor. In almost every other book his is tender to his Primarchs, both too them and when discussing them with other Primarchs and Malcador

It will be. Keep your eyes on /HHG/

Except that it was a full emergency state because the fucking Warmaster aka the person that the Emperor had left in charge and already one of the strongest primarchs in combat had gone traitor, plus the knowledge that plenty of other primarchs shared rebel sentiments against the Emperor.
Magnus wasn't toying around, he thought the Empire was about to enter full civil war.

Yeah, but his being tender and caring makes no sense since we know he treated them like tools. Emps being a cock makes way more sense given older lore and the fact that everyone is a cock in warhams.

That doesn't alter a single word Morgan Freeman said.

Magnus specifically did the one thing that the Emps told him not to, and ruined everything for everyone forever.

You really think the only way to warn the Emperor was to gather his acolytes and cast a forbidden spell to forcibly break all the wards on the Imperial Palace and send himself there? That was the only way?

Magus thought that by sending the message via sorcery he retardedly thought he would prove to the Emperor that Nikea was a mistake. Even Ahriman advised against this but Magnus knows more than his 50,000 year old father and did things his way... again...

Well, the Primarchs were literally tools. They were created for specific tasks. The Emperor was still close to many of them and legit viewed them as sons

Yes, all that is known from an omniscient pov.
In setting, Magnus showed he was fucking up, and earned the cockslapping he had been warned would come.
Fucking up, for the best of intentions, is still fucking up. In fact, Magnus fucked up even worse than he could possibly imagine because he was too good to listen to the sole human who might know more than he about the Warp.
Seriously, fuck Magnus. I'd have more sympathy for him if he wasn't an arrogant cockwaffle from start to finish.

Magnus assumed the Emperor needed to be warned. Let's examine the wisdom of this logic. This dumbfuck assumed that the most powerful psyker in human form, far more powerful than Magnus will ever be, didn't see this coming. How fucking arrogant do you have to be to believe that?

>They were created for specific tasks. The Emperor was still close to many of them and legit viewed them as sons
This.
You can accept something for what it is, but still care for it deeply and acknowledge that you shaped it with your own hands.
Only ADB has been forcing this idea that the Emperor was some kind of awful being, and his writing is critiqued for being so kind to the primarches who legitimately fucked up (all the traitors save Perturabo) and constantly trying to show the Emperor as something that beforehand he was never seen as.

>Emps being a cock makes way more sense given older lore and
given WHAT older lore?

He's harsh on the primarchs that are fuckups like angron, lorgar, magnus and [redacted], but otherwise is never really shown in a negative light.

Until the novel series, I guess, but the novel series isn't older lore.

Gee, it's almost like a "fall from hubris" story is required to have an arrogant main character by definition.

Before the novels, he was always a King Arthur figure without the sex drama.

The lore you just referenced and the fact he is NEVER shown in a positive light.

Considering Horus was fucking there in Terra right then (which is why he told Leman to go kill Magnus) and the Emperor wasn't killing him for being a traitor, then yes it is logical that the Emperor didn't know Horus had become traitor.

Only from the perspective of M41 and the Ecclesiarchy.

We aren't debating the hubris part. We are debating the tragic part. He isn't a tragic fall from grace story, he is just plain retarded.

It's heresy to question the Emperor's wisdom in any millennium.

>and the fact he is NEVER shown in a positive light
Aside from his interactions with pretty much every primarch in older lore, sure.

Shit, his interactions with magnus and lorgar in older lore (before they fuck up) are also entirely positive.

The only primarch he straight up legit was not nice to ever was Angron. Largely because angron was a braindead mutilated failure.

>Considering Horus was fucking there in Terra right then
What the fuck are you talking about? Horus wasn't on Terra, he was way the fuck out in space. He had to intercept Russ to change his orders.

This.

Magnus's fall isn't tragic. It's pure stupid. He is told that sorcery is dangerous and to stop it, and gets bapped on the nose with a newspaper. His response is to keep using sorcery, and then to use MORE DANGEROUS sorcery to crack open his dad's palace to prove that sorcery isn't dangerous?

There's no logic there. It's just pure stupid.

Maybe if I break into dad's house with this thing he told me not to use, he'll appreciate it?

So how long to the Horus Heresy fucking ends?

I seriously think its the main cause for all shitposting 40k threads

So why didn't the emperor just have natural kids and train them as the leaders of his armies, instead of the whole primarch mess?

Three books still to be written, plus the announced books, and assuming a 3 books Siege of Terra puts the series at 55 books total.

Never? Imagine how much dosh they are making. And nevermind how there's the whole manhunt after Terra and the breaking up of the Legions.

>Emperor confides in a man, no mentions of waifus who are playful, offer something insightful he hadn't considered or talk down to him

Are we sure this is an ADB book?

OMIGOD THE EMPEROR MADE PEOPLE SEE AN ILLUSION!!! THATS ANIME STUFFFFF!!!!
THE EMPEROR CAN'T MAKE ILLLUUUUSSSIOOONNNSSS!!11!1!!!!
BREAKING MY SENSE OF DISBELIEF MAAAN!!!!

>Fucking. Kill. Yourself.

The guy who can power a fuck massive beacon in the warp and indefinitely power the massive energies that control the Golden Throne that wastes away Magnus one of the greatest human psychers in an afternoon., can't make some fuckwads see an illusion is what your saying.

Can we just get a story of the Tau figuring out what the Emperor of Mankind actually is, and just listening all the interpretations from all other races, explore ancient human outpost with old emperor legends, asking humans that know as little as thee...? This kind of books takes away from the mystery of the Emperor and his role on the 40K universe.

I mean what other 40k/30k series is currently running?

Fairly sure Sandy Mitchell is done with Ciaphas Cain even though he barely put an effort to begin with

Pretty sure they could rattle Dan Abentt for yet another random ass Ghaunts Ghosts story but they always got his ass to do something.

I truly think Dark Library shines with their short stories like the last BL book I read was "Death Watch:Xeno Hunters" and those fucking stories are what 40k is not this bullshit soap opera in space starting almost every character with daddy issues.

it's not that we're saying that he dhoulsn't be able to, it's that it's a weirdly anime thing to o.
especially in a setting like 40K.

Personally, I'm all for weeb Emps

>takes away from the mystery

Thats what the entirety of the Horus Heresy series has done and been doing

what demon could take his semen?

Still waiting for this.

The route cause was people kept recommending the Horus heresy to 40k newbies but this was when it was considered "good" as the series degraded more and more people just blew up

Making an enemy see an illusion of you while you stand behind them laughing holding a dagger that is going to be in their back soon is anime like? Holy fucking batman, we got some geniuses here.

Seriously, kill yourself. Illusions are not the sole domain of anime, nor even anime like in any fucking way.

some source (IIRC) pointed that Calth stuff was around the "middle".
might have been some book afterword, too lazy to check which one

so anywhere between 50-60, depending on how greedy they end up being

You have to read into the situation to understand it. Magnus saw the rebellion and thought he had a real chance to prove himself, and his powers to the Emperor. He specifically told his men to not send an astropath message, because he wanted to make his grand, glorious entrance through sorcery as a show of both his control over it, and the power it held for mankind. It just didn't work, because he didn't know what the fuck was going on, or how hard it would backfire due to the very specific issues going on at Terra.

But aren't the sensei the supposed offspring of the Emperor? If they can exist, why not just make more of them? Instead of twelve primarchs, why not a thousand senseis? Wouldn't they be easier to control due to them being weaker than a primarch, and still incredibly useful warriors if enhanced correctly?

Those stories don't work because the fan-base is retarded.

>On a single world, it is rumored by the locals that X is true.
>"X is confirmed for the whole Imperium guys!"

>If they can exist
They don't exist. Not anymore.

"I have a great idea, Ahriman. Instead of calling Dad and telling him trouble is on his way, I'm going to load up my message into this artillery shell, and fire it at his house."

Well, they are Tau, their rol as on the 40k is being very naive. They could ask the gue'las on their planets that still praise the Emperor, get curious and then start a full on investigation about this mythical figure, even if it's just to look for some sort of advantage against the Imperium?

Have they been erased by the tyranids just like the squats and the centaur unicorns? Damn retcons.

Well that sounds like shit. At least the Custodes get some love but the rest of it is painfully bad.

Squats still exist. BRB trumps 10+ year old world of mouth.

word*

>he can't accept that the Emperor is a weebish deviantart OC now

I'm not talking about the Tau. I'm talking about the readers. Every single thing those gue'las you mention say will be taken at face value because the community is retarded.

t. user triggered by posts causing him to remember that time he got laughed off an internet freeform RP board for posting *Teleports behind u*

Sssh, dry your tears, you were young at the time, it's ok. ADB on the other hand, got paid to write that crap.

>The Emperor is on the Throne for much of the story constantly talking to a Custodes Tribune. He confides a lot of his life and thoughts on him and throughout the book the Tribune gets glimpses into the Emperor's memories

Didn't you read the reddit comments? It's full of alfabusa himself and his entourage jerking themselves off over being canon.

>Sandy Mitchell is done with Ciaphas Cain
>tfw no Cain vs Eldar story

We just need the oficial blessing of Love can Bloom and this community will officially lose itself to chaos. Just as planned!

I'm disdainful of enough of reddit to avoid reading anything beyond OP.

I know, I'm sad too. Maye we can get a Jurgen spinoff. As a blank, he might be used by Amberley to deal with the highly psychic eldar.

is that the one with the Kreiger, or the one with the assassin

Because the RPGs already "confirmed" the latter.

>ADB on the other hand, got paid to write that crap.
wasn't it also significantly delayed

>Emps being a cock makes way more sense given older lore

You mean the older lore where he loved his creation so much he refused to strike him down until he saw he was utterly beyond redemption?

Nice Ad Hominen logical fallacy gents. Way to address the topic. Oh wait, you can't! Because I'm right, and your wrong and you don't like that. Try again, I know you can do it. Pic related.

The one with LIIVI, the assassin. But I was thinking of the Kitten-Shadowsun, the pairing proposed in ITEHATTSD.

>At one point Drach'yn impales him only for his body to fizzle out in an afterimage with the Emperor already behind him
>literally "it was a hologram"
god emperor confirmed for tails

no, you're wrong and I'm right.
Prove me wrong.

Way to jump on the bandwagon. The Emperor of fucking Mankind can't into Illusions. You are no true fan of 40k.

Son, he is the motherfucking emperor. He can do as he pleases.

not anymore, he can't.