Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

What is your favorite kind of cute animal girl/boy to play as?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Broken Shackles Playtest: app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/59701/broken-shackles-test-play
Creation Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1kitAB8sHgmuD3fvOMuI_KyV_dxpO2wrxQmbnCoRgglA/edit#
Avowed Playtest: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Malefex Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/join/1813269/NClvMw
app.roll20.net/join/1770733/2aujeQ
youtube.com/watch?v=VV3XH_pL2_8
d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/gestaltCharacters.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Bear.

Fox > Wolf > Cat

Also kill yourself OP for this stupid thread.

Is anyone interested in another gestalt ERP campaign over Roll20? It'll have the same character creation rules as RotJR, so if your character doesn't get into that game, you can use the same sheet for mine!

So who's interested?

If you haven't mentioned what kind of fetishes you'd like to see in this ERP back in , do so now. Consider this market research to appeal to /pfg/'s kinks!

You're making that person who normally posts those pictures cry!
That's not being excellent!

its not ERP now shut the fuck up you stupid faggot.

fuck off

Completely depends on the story and setting.
From the sound of it, a lot of people have tailored their character to RotJR.

we all know you're just a memeposter anyway

Does someone spontaneously mutate into 2hu for making a build a GM doesn't like?

>he doesn't like the awoo

wow rude as fuck

No, it's a build you as a person doesn't like.

Seriously, some of you fuckers have an unhealthy obsession with that bastard.

Been playing Fallen London and reading the lore and thought this up..
MR.EATEN
AL:NE
Title:REDACTED
Areas of Concern:Betrayal,Wells,Madness,Darkness
Domains:Darkness,Evil,Madness,Void
Subdomains:Loss,Hatred,Cannibalism,Insanity,Nightmare
Weapon:None
Symbol:A Well
Sacred Animal:A starving cat
Sacred Colors:Black
Domain: NORTH

Do SoP destruction casters stay competitive into high levels? I'm playing one now and I'm level 10.

Post us a roll20 link and or some non-4chin way to get in touch with you and let's see what's up fampai.

Compared to 5th level wizard spells? Nah.

And make a discord, too!

I wouldn't mind lewdposting in a discord.

Yeah, just make sure not to neglect metamagic and be smart with damage types. See if you can take the Penetrating Energy advanced talent so Energy Resistance isn't such a pain in the dick to deal with.

I mean with quickened empowered Destructive blasts at level 20 assuming a +5 destruction staff you'd be somewhere in the ballpark of 236 damage assuming no other goodies.

>all you need is one feat
You mean craft wondrous item or magical arms and armour? I want to take craft wands and maybe brew potions. I guess wondrous items will also be useful.

And speaking of feats, when should I start taking spell focus and spell penetration, improve counter-spell? I feel like most spell related feats are so conditional that i'll only use it once in a blue moon. What are your thoughts on more general feats like improve initiative and the like?

app.roll20.net/join/1813269/NClvMw

I have no idea what I'm doing at all! Maybe this wasn't so bright an idea? Oh well... I'll have to think about this a bit more.

>app.roll20.net/join/1813269/NClvMw
You're a faggot. Probably going to apply.

Make a Discord too!

No.

Will /pfg/ drown in anime ERP game circlejerking until the end of time?

Yeah!

Honestly I prefer it to kitsuneposting.

This is the future we chose.

BUT ITS FUCKING BOTH

EVEN WHEN THE GM MAKES A FUCKING CONTAINMENT THREAD! THE SHITPOSTERS DON'T POST THERE for the most part THEY STILL DRAG THEIR SHIT OUT HERE!

Probably because it's faster and you won't leave a trail of spaghetti after a week.

Tips to make wildshape focused druid relevant at higher levels?

Already picked up some obvious stuff like planar wild shape, considering dipping Barbarian for full BAB and rage or 1 lvl in Ranger for full favoured enemy.

First party only.

You need someone on your party with Craft Wondrous.

>BUT ITS FUCKING BOTH

Please don't fuck foxes, user.

These are the female orcs in my setting.

Pleeeeeease? It's a place to keep the worst of it from dribbling onto the thread.

>Pick the right spells.
>Have natural spell.
There is nothing else you need to be relevant as a druid.

Or if you prefer.

>discord
>not being the death of generals

Sorry, I've been out of the loop for some months now but what is RotJR?

There's a campaign that /pfg/ has latched on to called Rise of the Jade Regent, first book of Rise of the Runelords then into Jade Regent. It doesn't even open for applications until January, but the GM said he's open to lewds, and since we're all degenerates we fixated.

app.roll20.net/join/1770733/2aujeQ

It's because you fuckers need to get outside more.

>Veeky Forums
>outside

where do you think you are

What will it take to turn /pfg/ more Westaboo like /5eg/?

People to find new games they like.

Just a delicate touch, is all. Namely, the application of "Western-style" art and the removal or condemnation of things deemed weeaboo.

Discord is the death of Generals when you're making a Discord for the General, not a game that advertised in the General.

make a westaboo game with good char gen rules.

How do I build a spearman? I have access to DSP and most 3PP and 1PP and I wanted to use that new Initiator set that deals with polearms

I need help to polish my spear!

So that that is out of the way.

Well singing samurai may soon become dancing samurai. Depending on what I do it might be singing and dancing samurai though, we'll have to see.

Piercing Thunder

Yeah I got that, what else though?

>Well singing samurai may soon become dancing samurai.

Grab Elemental Flux and you'll be able to pull this off!

youtube.com/watch?v=VV3XH_pL2_8

Zweihander Sentinel.

That's it!

Get reach on the spear. Use AoO's and counters to stab things.

If anything gets right next to you, shield bash them.

What if I use a halberd instead of a spear? Or is that meh?

Take 3 levels of Phalanx Fighter, next 17 in whatever martial class you want, wield a long spear and any shield, get the relevant shield bash feats.

What're people's thoughts on the Villain's Codex? and Horror Realms?

You'll still do fine, user. Halberd is in fact what I'm currently using!

When you get to level 6 you should switch to a Longspear for the Reach, the downgrade to a 1d8 is worth it, though if you can convince your DM to allow custom-weapons you could get a 2d6 reach weapon.

Damn, I was thinking of a wizard who just wants to retire as a lighthouse keeper at the end of the day, but then remembered lighthouses aren't a thing in Golarion anymore; the Standpoint ruin probably was one but they don't have a clue what the towers purpose might have been.

>Villain's Codex

Pretty good for NPCs. Some stuff you would never use as a PC though, like craft shoddy item. Some of the wizard builds are fairly optimized and makes them kinda scary.

B A R D I C H E
A
R
D
I
C
H
E

God dammit user get out of my head, that's what I was thinking when I heard "Eastern girl with a fantastic singing voice and elemental powers."

thats the thing tho, i'd prefer to be mauling shit in combat rather than casting spells

i know focusing on spell casting is obviously going to be more powerful, but the game im playing in isn't that powergame oriented. I just want to stay competitive with martial classes when wildshape stops scaling up so well

>Aqua/Azura
>Eastern

Find the wild shapes with the most natural attacks.

Raising Heart pls

Oh shush, Hoshido is very clearly Eastern-inspired.

And Nohr is basically Europe with Asian people anyway.

The Sandpoint lighthouse wasn't a lighthouse, yeah.

The comparison's been made already, though it wasn't a reference I was going for.

Lewd games are some of the best, I find.
There's a sense of fun casualness because they repel all the super autists, and you can make a cute character you like without anyone judging you because that's half the point of the setting.

>here's a sense of fun casualness because they repel all the super autists
I would think they would attract the super autists in droves.

I mean, most of /pfg/ is sitting in that waiting room.

You repel the ones who only care about mechanics and DPS and nothing else (See: 2hu leaving) and also the grognards who want gritty and grimdark play.

>70 players
Jesus
Titty
Fucking
Christ

>they repel all the super autists

You cannot possibly be serious.

>most of /pfg/
>last thread had 56 unique posters
>mailing list has 43 posts
nervouslaughter.jpg

People want a game man.

Eh, don't we have 2hu on record of being decent at RPing?

Use Stupendous Strength or whatever to use a tower shield and 2h polearm with no attack penalties.

I wonder if this is how people feel when they're trying to talk to me.

Are you saying the Old Light which probably was a lighthouse but people these days know as just a tower with a light for some reason, was not actually a lighthouse back when it was whole??
Or was it irony/sarcasm?
Probably just me being conversation impaired again.

just proof that if anyone ever wants to run a gestalt game, people will play it happily.

>gestalt game
What is this
I have seen it, as well as the term "gestalt" thrown around, but what do they mean?
What do the numbers mean, Mason?

Well I know not all of /pfg/ is in there, because I don't see some people I game with who are also in there in the player list.

I'd put our numbers somewhere around 80ish when you take people who don't post every day/are busy into account.

I don't think it's same fagging.

d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/gestaltCharacters.htm

Gestalt is basically taking two character classes on one character

Yeah, misspoke.
I meant 2hu said they weren't interested in lewd at all and only wanted to join for the chargen, so you could filter their application out.

The Old Light in Sandpoint is thought to have been a lighthouse because it's a tall tower on the coast.

Spoilers, it's one of Runelord Alaznist's Hellstorm Flumes, built so that she could magically mortar Karzoug's armies if they tried to attack.

You take 2 classes per level and take the better of the two.
For example a Gestalt Fighter//Rogue would get the Fighters BAB and Hitpoints, the Rogues Skills along with the class abilities of both classes.

DESU, the best players in lewd games are the ones who aren't in it for the lewd, but are just fine with lewd.

Anyone else observe this?

Different user here. What should stats look like for a ZS? Assuming 20 point buy.

A lot of people said they weren't interested in lewdness. GM said they would be open to it and it would be discussed when a group actually forms.

I consider myself one of those but I've met some pretty decent players who also went full lewd. Just that they /also/ knew when to hold back on it.

>Lewd games are some of the best, I find.

I've never had half as much fun in a normal game as I've had in one that called itself "mature."

>Talk of loods, Gestalt, and complaining about 3pp
>Shitposting about loods, Gestalt, and 3pp
Man I go nuthin'. So have a grump mage in the mean time.

What's with the new clothes?

Huh, cool.

Huh. Holy suit I did not know this is a thing.

>What should stats look like for a ZS? Assuming 20 point buy

Assuming 20 PB? Oh gosh.

16-12-12-14-10-10

Hey I assume you guys are more experienced than me, so I thought I'd ask some advice. I've got a new group to play with and our character creation session went fine, all fun people, though everyone is new to tabletops in general besides 3 of us, and only the GM and I have played pathfinder. But we just had our first actual game session and while we had dun, I was quick to recognize a monty haul campaign in the making.

All our characters started off with +2 weapons, I personally got a +1 parrying scimitar. Also we started off with 1000 extra gp each immediately. Also in 3 encounters + plot experience we are now level 3. What's more is the sorceress only got a +2 quarterstaff she'll never use so she is obviously feeling under powered in comparison to the fighter types. Would it be out of line etiquette wise to talk to the gm and warn him of the issues he is creating?

Any advice for what to do?

You know... Dorian, you seem to have quite the knack for making big tiddy characters with well-developed backstories. Why don't you take a gander at the RotJR campaign? It'd give you all sorts of characters to draw!

>try to keep backstory blurb brief
>shit explodes into a 3-4 big blocky paragraphs
>every time I trim shit out it just bloats back up

Fuck, this is why I hate trying to expand on characters beyond bulletpoints before a game actually gets going.

>All but three of us are new to tRPGs
How many players are there?

Glad I asked. I was looking at 14 10 14 16 10 10

Old uniform from her mage's college.

Admittedly if I were to make even a joke character, tossing yet another character onto the pile of 70+ would already be taking the piss. However, I can't really muster a damn about Golarion, so I don't know nearly enough about the setting to even begin to conceive a character.