Imperium Asunder

Psychic Fuckery Edition
Previously on Imperium Asunder This is a 40k alt-lore thread with new legions to replace the old ones, new xenos races in addition to the old ones, and a bunch of other wild shit , new posters are always welcome.
Want to find out what the setting's deal is? Check out our wiki.
1d4chan.org/wiki/Imperium_Asunder
The wiki is still not as up to date as we'd like, feel free to post questions/clarifications/ideas

Reposting this prompt, because I still think there might be some interesting character stuff here.

Easy mode: Which OU Primarch would your primarch get along/work well with and why? Who would he despise and why? Pre- of Post-Heresy, doesn't matter.
Medium mode: Describe a positive and a negative relationship between your primarch and another IA primarch that you haven't really gone into before.
Hard mode: Which HH (Hektor Heresy) Primarch would your primarch get along/work well with and why? Who would he despise and why?

Stormy storm bump of storms.

Bump

>OU
Khan, the Lion, and Vulkan most likely. Maybe not close with Vulkan but he would have liked him.

>positive
During the first time Raydon and Enochs pairing on the battlefield, before they really got to know each other. The two forces fought exceedingly well together. So well that by the Emperors own word they would fight together in dozens of campaigns during the great crusade.

>negative
Being the 3rd Primarch to join the Emperor, and the only Primarch to seek out the Emperor rather than be 'discovered' Raydon was somewhat of a 'senior' in the heirarchy of the imperial forces. This coupled with his ability to read people meant he often teased his Brother Alexios, calling him 'little brother' and claimed seniority on the battlefield. This wouldnt have vexed Alexios save that he knew the intent behind Raydons actions.

>hektor heresy
I know nothing about the setting. Surely theirs a bro-tier primarch though hed get along with.

Likewise there is good odds of their being a cowardly or self-thoathing primarch he'd hate.

Alexios:
>OU
He would have gotten along with Guilliman, Dorn, Fulgrim, primarchs without provincial cultures or barbaric attitudes

>undescribed relationship
Alexios and Enoch had a strong professional relationship of the sort that develops when you work well with someone for a long time. AOL and JB crusaders fighting alongside each other were like a well oiled machine.
>Hard Mode
Alexios is Golgothos if he had never been interred and grew up as a nerd instead of a refugee

Balthasar:
>OU
Him and Horus would have gone together like peas in a pod. He'd like the Lion for his hunter's spirit butbe annoyed by his chivalrous attitude. Him and Leman Russ probably would have fought each other and then become BFFs.
>undescribed relationship
Kashaln and Balthasar would be like a comedy duo with Kashaln as the pompous straight man and Balthasar as the sardonic comedian poking fun at his brother.

>Xun
>OU
Magnus is an obvious BFF, though Xun is less reckless than Magnus. He's less arrogant, he assumes there's shit he doesn't know and is ok with the Emperor keeping secrets because that's what the ruler is supposed to do. He does it himself.
Alpharius, I think would get on with Xun well, debating philosophy and competing to try and take planets in ever more creative ways.
He'd also get on well with G-Man as super logistician bffs. It'd be similar to his relationship with Alexios, but less dysfunctional and with less condescension.
Horus would likely see him as a little wolf, much in the way he worked with the Khan. I think he'd see a reflection of the Luna Wolves in the Serpents.

Xun would be buddies with the Khan, if only because the Khan is like the only other person in the galaxy who plays go over regicide. Their theory of Empire is similar, but they go different places with it. Xun draws a lot on a version of the Khan who landed on the China side of the Great Wall.

>Gengrat
Hey P-Hound, nice tanks. No, seriously. Want to see some of the stuff I made?
Those war algorithms are really cool, but why waste astartes like that? Why not just use prisoners and mutants? They're expendable.

Really, though, comes down to one question for P-Hound:
Why so serious?

Let's put a smile on that face.

I think he'd have also gotten on decent with Magnus.
Fulgrim reeks of insecurity, but the Khan seems pretty cool. Wish he would hang out with me.

>Thoughts on Graha'Nak

>Be Graha'Nak
>People say you remind them of Kurze
>Cool, sounds like he gets the value of fear
>go and meet him
>why are we punishing people?
>are you trying to enlighten them?
>are you even trying to conquer and live with the monster within?
>why do you have an erection?

>Be Graha'Nak
>People say you remind them of Corax
>ok, worth a shot
>meet Corax
>why are we brooding?
>why Ravens? They're not terrifying predators.
>freedom comes from within, by conquering fear, once you've done that, though the tyrant stands, you are free and the tyrant will not stand for long.
>do you even delve the shadow for truth?

>be Graha'Nak
>be pretty tired of this shit
>hear about Moritarion
>go and meet him
>holy shit, this is pretty cool, ironclad resolve to inspire mere mortals to push back the dark of old night?
>we are the dawn
>wait, Moritarion, why are you so surly?
>yeesh Moritarion, you're special, get used to it
>what is your problem with psykers, too?
>y'all need Nietzsche

>be Graha'Nak
>forever alone

I think the general vibe he'd have towards Corax applies equally to Raydon.

Curze would be similar to Balthasar.

I think Graha'Nak only really gets on well philosophically with Gengrat and Xun, since they're the other ones who really think about their ongoing staring contest with the void.

For that same reason, I think Graha'Nak hates Kor with an unreasoning fury. Not because Kor tolerates Xenos, Graha'Nak couldn't care less about that. Rather the idea that Astartes are there to serve humanity, to shield humanity utterly from the horror that is life, and the way Kor seeks to be equal to a mere mortal, is utterly abhorrent to Graha'Nak. It is a crime against humanity, denying them their shot at enlightenment and thus being able to wrench meaning from a cruel universe. It's an insult to the Emperor, who made the Astartes to inspire humanity to greatness. It's an insult to the primarchs and a denial of Kor's essence. He is a Primarch. He must not pretend that he is human and debase himself other pity.
Graha'Nak is the sort to say "Kor is dead, humanity killed him, as he drowned in a sea of pity, diving into the murk to become one with humanity he was meant to inspire. The sun illuminates all by being high and lofty. It pursues it's path through the stars without a thought for the earth and yet it is the source of all life. And well that it is so far away, lest it's Lust for life consume us, not with Wrath or hatred, but with radiance that we are not yet ready to behold.
First I was a creature of the dark and my skies were Iron. I conquered the darkness and pierced the Iron skies and walked beneath the stars. Even now, I learn to fly higher that I may someday join them.
Kor cut off his wings and does daily penance for the sin of being an angel.

Prompt:

Write about sick anime duels in the heresy

I'm sure the Sarco vs Aodhan duel on Terra was pretty baller.

>applies to Raydon
Raydon doesnt brood!
He thinks... deeply... about things... whilst sitting in the corner... with lights off.

Oh damn.

>he is the sort to say
>60 pages later
Jeeze no wonder noone wanted to hang around the guy, he could talk the arse off a donkey

Will make a page for the Black Suns later today.

That was very well written, kudos.

Bump. Starting to work on the wiki page for Black Suns.

Bump

Are we keeping the Altair Collective thing? I only ask because it's still on the wiki.

I say we don't. It's just not fantastic. If we want another psychic/warp race, we use the Illithyd.

Speaking of the Illithyd, I was trying to imply that they were another creation of the Old Ones, albeit not as widespread as the Eldar or the Orks. How do you think that would work?

Bump

So has anyone compiled all the Storm Hammer stuff written and designed while I was gone?

Not all of it. I put relevant stuff together up until the first thread I joined. Should be in the last thread.

Could work, but I don't know. One thing that still needs to be explained is why the Illithyd are not in the OU. That would mean it's better to tie their origins to something in this AU, maybe the Negators, since they live in the webway.

Im fine with it. It does present the following questions tho.

>why did the old ones create them
>what does tying them to the old ones do for the setting
>what changed betweem the OU and AU
- this one i think is the easiest, it could be anything from in the OU they were exterminated in the great crusade in this they werent. Or maybe they are triggered after the emperor dies which never happened in the OU
>are they still abiding by the old ones grand design
>if so/not why?

>Why are the Illithyd not in OU
I believe that they inhabited the calixis sector before it was conquered by the Imperium, and it simply wasn't ever scouted that much in IA. Or they were all but wiped out and the remaining few went into stasis and were woken up by the Negators at some point.

>What does tying them to the old ones do for the setting
That's a good question and I'm not sure I have an answer.

What purpose DO they serve beside adding more stuff which wasn't there in canon already for the sake of adding more stuff?

that's the real question, isn't it.

Because I want sci-fi mind flayers, dammit!

I think if you look at it specifically in terms of Old Ones races, compared with the Eldar, Orks, and Squatz, Ilithyd have something new to offer. There's thematic overlap with the Eldar, but where for the Eldar psychic tomfoolery was a great mistake that destroyed their empire, for the Ilithyd it is perhaps the great wisdom that has kept them a player on the galactic stage.

There's also a lot of room to write with them re: The Cabal, as a secret psychic cabal of mind-altering aliens is pretty much ilithyds to a T.

Perhaps the Ilithyds have a great deal of interaction with Oramar and his Warp Raiders before he goes to Xenobia to turn the Warmaster to chaos?

>Gengrat and Others
So as mentioned, he's probably surprisingly fond of Graha'Nak.
He probably also likes Anshul, maybe that's where the cool flame cleaner dudes come from-- Gengrat suggests Anshul tap into inner aggression reserves.

Not sure its really a rabbit hole worth going down.

Fleshing out the universe with secondary xeno races just to flesh out the setting is its own purpose.

And while they CAN be intergalactic players who have a significant effect on events i think its equally if not more valid to have them just be a xeno race. That does its own thing. Not everyone needs to be influencial

I don't know of I want to make the same mistake that BL made and connect everything to the heresy. It makes the world seem smaller.

I get that, but by linking it to the Heresy, you get rid of the question as to why they're in IA, but not the OU.

>why they're in IA, but not the OU.
Is that a question we ever really need to ask? Why are our primarchs in IA but not in OU?

The better question is 'Is this cool?'

That's a great picture and I'm retconning Illithyd space travel because of it.

bump

bump again

>Hard Mode for Xun
I think he'd get along well with Tollund Ootzi.

I think it would be nice to giveGraha'Nakmore to do during the heresy, but the idea ad it stands is quite good. How about he goes on the offensive during the scouring equivalent. As the warp storms rage, he vanishes into the warp, vowing to aid his loyal brothers on Terra and punish the traitors. This is the beginning of his solo crusade.
Enoch pursues Sarco, so perhaps what drives him off is Graha'Nak, either at the end of the century crusade or before it begins.
Either way it would be quite cool if they fight on a volcanic world and Enoch ends up in a volcano. He's recovered by agents of the Warmaster who save him by making him into a daemon prince.
Unless that's too much of a Vader rip-off.

Does Klaus wreck any face?

Do we want the Warmaster to get in a duel with Faustus? Perhaps on the walls of the Imperial Palace after the Emperor is slain. The Warmaster escapes, though and that's when Faustus decides to destroy Terra with the moon.

There's a really tripping duel between Xun and Anshul on Prospero, Xun gets away. The legend is that the Serpent escapes by shedding his skin, but early and in his exposed state, the heat of the prosperine sun and the radiance of Anshul burns him. This is why the rage leads to the flesh-change in the XIIIth. (Which is why Tzotz does his rubric and ends up blinding the Librarius.) (Originally, after Prospero, there was a tendency for Sky Serpents of go all Jaguar, like a Space Wolf with the curse of the Wölfen. The rubric stabilizes them, but blinds the librarians. They can still sense things, it's basically soul binding them.)

well there's Grahanak's duel with Alexios

The Warmaster beats Klaus i dont think it makes much sense for him to run away from Faustus.

Maybe they duel and Klaus arrives heroic intervention style to save faustus who bails, injured, to watch from the sidelines with everyone else. From their once he sees Klaus fail he teleports to his ship and goes to fetch luna.
Klaus probably wrecks a lot of face. Killing off lots of secondary characters, envoys and lieutenants and such. I think the traitor primarchs are smart enough to give him a wide birth as he makes his way towards the warmaster.

I do think it's important. A good AU makes as few fundamental changes as possible and then shows the consequences on that change. The fundamental change here is the primarchs, the rest is a consequence of that. Everything else we've wanted to change has in some way been linked to the Crusade and the Heresy.

I think i agree. The basic premise is 40k with different primarchs. But that doesnt mean that xeno races need to be directly linked to that change, it could be a third or forth order effect of the change.

Such as
>in OU white scars genocide forgotten xeno race 'xyz' M30.001
>in AU that same race is genocided in M30.002
>in that year they sent an expodition to some planet
>that expodition found a big button that said do not push
>they pushed it
>bam!
>race claws its way into realspace from the warp
>thus the ithlyd or however the fuck you spell it are born.

So while cause and effect tie it to the change, its not anything that was done intentionally.

Thank you Raydon, this is exactly what I meant.

Bump

Bump.

PROMPT: write something about the Illithyd.

Yeah, but it's with Alexios. Hardly counts as an anime duel. It's more like Lorgar v Corax, but with less crazy.

What's the status on the existence of Apothecaries and Chaplains in the Imperium Asunder so I can know if the Storm Hammers would have them. I'm aware they've always been confirmed to have Librarians, at least, unless someone else retconned this in my absence.

Apothecaries are a normal thing.

Chaplains however i dont think anyones talked about

I think it's been mentioned off-hand that the Eyes invented chaplains

I remember that, yeah.

I think the Angels definitely have chaplains recognizable as something like what you have in the OU.
I think the Scions would definitely have chaplains like Dantioch of the Iron Warriors does, with their commitment to steel and strength. I can even imagine a Scions yelling Iron Within, Iron Without!
For them it would be a secular thing. If the Knights Exemplar had them, they were like Imperial Fists Templars.

Behemoth Guard technomystics perform a similar structural function.

I think in the case of the Sky Serpents, they make use of something like a sanguinary priest. They'd be the ones to lead the sacrificial rites to keep the rage in control. The chaplains and librarians proper are more like stormseers.

>For them it would be a secular thing.

I think they'd all start off as a secular thing. Chaplains were originally just there to police the use of psyker powers within the legions.

It was a venerable chaplain who led the defense of Amaranth during the Century Siege. The position was originally used among the Scions to keep morale up.

They were there to see to the 'spiritual health' of the legions. That didn't necessarily mean religious faith, but morale and trust in the Imperal Truth. Actual religion came after the Heresy.

>Actual religion came after the Heresy.
unless you're a Word Bearer of course

That reminds me. Any thoughts on where Enoch is for the century siege? And about Graha'Nak showing up to help?

I think Enoch and Rubinek were the ones who chased the Scions to Amaranth and besieged them. No idea about the Void Lords, but I think it makes better sense thematically to have the Scions hold out by themselves until the very end when someone comes to help them out.

Right, but what I mean is that if there's two primarchs loose in the Vigil and they're leading... wait. No, one primarch. Rubinek is dead by this point. Xun has ripped out his heart already.
Anyways, if Enoch is on the loose, why doesn't he crush the Scions?

This said, I'm totally down with Graha'Nak appearing out of nowhere to thwart him at the end.

Also what did you think of the idea that there are some Sky Serpents there, who had been converting the retreat with three Scions, mostly dudes in slower and battle damaged ships that couldn't make it to Tepectitlan post Terra. Xun trying not to ditch the Scions there as he runs off to fight the Iron Hearts with everything that can make for Tepectitlan at full speed.

I can see the initial battle between Scions and Judgement Bringers forces going disastrously until Graha'nak suddenly jumps out of the warp and teaches the Judgement Bringers the meaning of fear. I'm not sure what having the Serpents there adds to the story though.

Oh, it was mostly as a stray detail, otherwise part of the rear guard just goes missing. They can get stranded elsewhere and make their way back to Tepectitlan, but they're basically the Salamanders and Iron Hands in Unremembered Empire, stuck on the wrong side of the ruinstorm and wondering if home even still exists.
Potentially a neat subplot and way of playing with the theme of enduring and defending a home.

Didnt the crimson warhawks arrive at the end? Thats what i took from the prompt about the century.

Bump

and another bump to get us through the day

For new Xeno races, is it possible to just cut and paste shit shamelessly in addition to making originality out of it?

If that's the case, can these wonderful sons of bitches be added, or is there something I'm forgetting by staying up too damn late?

I'm not sure if Faustus would fight anyone without an ace in the hole of winning after the initial fight that lead to the censorship on Luna. Remember, he's not the type to actually get his hands dirty.

Chozo?

PROMPT:
What RPG systems would FFG make for Imperium Asunder?

As always
>what does it add

If its another xeno race that exists only during the 30k timeline thats easily done. Because they get wiped out

I'd be tempted to say Deathwatch but the DW probably doesn't exist in Imperium Asunder.

Here's a question - of each of the Crusader states is a seperate entity do they all have their own equivalent to Deathwatch/Inquisition/ect?

Last Thread we talked about the Steel Ministers for Forge Space but is there a similar feature in the Imperium Minorum, Storm Kingdoms, and Jade Empire?

>Ordo Ferrum - The Internal Police of Forge Space
While known by many names this covert group is a mix of social engineers, active investigators, and military force. Originally the Ordo Ferrum were merely the record keepers for the III Legion Expeditionary Fleet; despite this they had considerable power as they were the ones who managed the communications on the ship and managed orders for resupply. Marcus was known for favoring them and more than a few Astartes came from the children of their ranks.
>trying to come up with an origin for them; any thoughts/suggestions/criticisms?

>created after the entombment of The Primarch Marcus the Ordo Ferrus is tasked with monitoring internal integrity of the mechanicus.
>the Ordo is largely human however ovee the long years Astartes agents have been recorded.
>the Ordo answers only to Marcus himself and its foremost duty is to ensure that those that live and work in the mechanicus' name do so following the tenants he laid out.

Those found to be in breach of these tenants are removed.

The Funerary Guard are an elite brotherhood of astartes dedicated to defending the realms of the Undying Scions from interior threats. Founded from the remains of Sarco Funerus' personal bodyguard, the Funerary Guard are equipped with some of the most advanced wargear available to the Vigil. Uniquely, there are no dreadnought members of the Funerary Guard, as Sarco wanted to be surrounded by flesh and blood marines in battle. Lately, the Funerary Guard has found itself combating the Necropolis Cult, a group of Necron sycophants, at every turn.

Okay so are the tenants the same as the 16 Commandments of AdMech? I was just trying to give the Ordo Ferrus some more fluff.

Should the Ordo Ferrus have different groups like the OU Inquisition or should they be one monolithic entity?

Them git navigataz, I says we going to dah Eye of Terra' not dah Eye of Terra.

Ferrum. With an m, not an s

But boss dey got Axes in the Eye o' Terror! Endless axes! With Blood!
We gotta enforce da brand!

Sorry I forgot.

The Samus threads really made me find a distinction between them and Tzeentch, unintentional as it were. Thought it a cool plot point.

I guess maybe having their ruins scattered across the galaxy with little actual inhabitants from time to time would fit it, I unno.

bump

More like Imperium... Underwear... Fuck.

gb2 Hektor Heresy.
How's it going over there?

How do you see an Illithyd invasion force operating?

Ferrus with an S not an M.

The stuff of holy wars right here.

Im throwing in with the Es-ites.

DEATH TO THE EM-ERS!

The ilithyds stay on their motherships and send cloned abominations and mind controlled slaves to do the actual invading. They subtly embed agents in positions of power and take over long before the first shots of resistance are fired.

Just like Zeta Reticulans irl

>irl

THEY'RE REAL
AND THEY'RE HERE
WAKE UP SHEEPLE

You fool!

Trying my hand at write faggotry. Gonna do something sort of like Xun does with animals.

Please post your primarchs spirit animal.

So far i have
Klaus: Lion
Kashaln: eagle
Raydon: hawk
Xun: snake
Alexios: owl
Warmaster: shadow (not an animal i know)
Balthasar: bear
Faustus: badger

>Balthasar: bear
uhhhhhh

>Sarco
Pre-interment, Panther. Post-interment, not sure. Beetle?

A big dog is better.
A big cat really? I see cats as lazy, arrogant, and apathetic. What traits do you wish to convey with a panther?

I think the Jade Empire has multiple levels of oversight.
There's some sort of Tal Shiar type deal secret police. There's two of them assigned to each command publicly and then an unknown number of undercover agents.
Then there's daemon and xenohunters.
Included in that are also Xun's attempts at Custodes and Sisters.
There's varying degrees of secrecy involved-- everyone knows that there are mogui in the warp and in space and Exorcists exist to fight them.
Most commands and jurisdictions have attached Exorcists, but they are responsible for atropaic rituals and are basically just Emperor Priests who have some training in fighting the taint of the warp. There's similar figures with training at recognizing xeno taint.

The trait of being the Scions' heraldic symbol. Amaranth is populated by Megapanthers that hunt the indigenous humans endlessly. Sarco was known to wear their pelts in life and even in death he decorated his chassis with them.

And the panther was known to all as the mightiest of his brothers, but he grew fat on the tales of his own deeds. And lo, then came the vulture, who was jealous of the panther's fame and wished him ill. The vulture knew that the panther and the bear would soon be sent against it, and made plans to undo them.

Yeah but its not really a spirit animal is it?

user has alexios as an owl, presumably a link between wisdom.

Sarco seems more like a monkey. Someone energetic, wild, fun.

Likewise Xun is more a chipmunk than a snake.

>Please post your primarchs spirit animal.