Connected to SeattleNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files:
>Where to hide out if the run goes bad.trid
>What to do when you are trapped in a ZeroZone(tm).btl
>Getaway drivers: Why keeping one around can save your life.thread
>DocWagon subscription flyer.zdf

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 1 (25% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'FUCK TAKA WITH A RAKE'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running "Happy Place".BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

SHTF edition

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/tg/thread/46002703/#46031104
my.mixtape.moe/qadtwb.pdf
mega.nz/#!4B0wmbLL!dhHeYl1htSnXlcp31i4esltwfKTlWNzFq7fJvYrKMEg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

those faces are perfect

desuarchive.org/tg/thread/46002703/#46031104

Is there a reason not to take a mentor spirit as an adept?

You don't want some ethereal douchebag telling you what to do?

anyone willing to answer more of the questions?

It's essentially giving control of your life over to an unbanishable spirit that will use every means at their disposal to get you to follow their path.

Cool if you never ever want to stray from that path.

Otherwise?

>It can be seen and heard by those it chooses, and even physically interact with its followers.

>Your mentor spirit can have significant influence over you, giving you benefts when you remain true or punishing you if you go astray (usually with temporary reductions to your Magic rating).

Murderhobo, lit., a hobo who murders. A character with no purpose or place in the world but killing, adventuring, completing jobs, etc. Shitty in SR, shitty in every game.

If you want to play the guy who knows what's going on, either know what's going on or have a GM/group willing to spoonfeed you OoC.

Worst character is one that doesn't work with the group. There's lots of other things that are shitty, but trying to be lone wolf is the most obvious in SR, where you get yourself and everyone else killed really fast. You can easily make mechanical mistakes in chargen that make you shit at your job. Read the advice in the pastebin, and take your sheet to the thread/your GM when you think you're done to be worked over.

Anarchy is pretty shitty, IMO. Lousy attempt hacking a system that isn't meant for SR. Anarchy isn't anywhere near rules-medium, let alone rules-light, and is still missing rules. 2/10, if you're going to play an overcomplicated mess for SR you might as well go whole hog with the real thing.

It costs karma and comes with a flaw.

But no, on the whole basically every Awakened should get one. Adepts in particular really benefit from them.

If you're running a game that encourages a body count and not much plot, being a murderhobo probably isn't a bad thing. If you're going the "we're professionals" or are heavily narrative it probably won't be successful

You put stuff into perspective a bit.
thanks, chummer.

That picture's kinda shit. Hiro is half black.

I agree, but i don't have any other snowcrash art

Here you go, omae.

So, the talk of giants last thread got me thinking about geographical relations to metatypes. I get stuff like oni being specific to Japan, but big humans seems like a pretty universal thing. From Goliath to Paul Bunyan, you'd think giants could potentially crop up anywhere in the world as isolates. What are your guys thoughts?

Whatever the regional type of giant a place has is usually what their ethnic metavariant is. Like cyclops in Greece and shit. It's just the Nordic metavariant that's specifically called Giants is all.

I could see adding different metagenic qualities fluffed as different kinds of giants.

>I could see adding different metagenic qualities fluffed as different kinds of giants.
You're putting the cart before the horse. 'Giant' is the variant, not the base. They're troll metavariants.

But trolls are arguably more specific than giants. Very large people, maybe with some weird stuff going on, are a lot more common than medium large people with horns and tusks.

Except they're not. Trolls as a species are far more common than any of their metavariants. There are many large folk in mythology, but in the Sixth World by far the most common and globally distributed are trolls.

In what context, exactly?

I'm not saying giants should be more common than trolls, just that it doesn't really make sense for them to be native to Scandinavia exclusively. One would expect them to crop up, at least in very small numbers,all over the world.

In mythology and folklore, which I admit Shadowrun doesn't follow that strictly.

Maybe I'm just not super versed in world mythology, but I don't know that many races of giants.

Jotun from Scandinavia, Formorians from Celtic myth, Cyclopes from Greece, sasquatches/yeti in Aboriginal/Nepalese stories, all are in SR. I can't think of another mythological structure that has an entire race of giants, not just individuals (except for nephilim, but they're divine beings that don't really fit in SR without some serious working).

That's more what I mean. Every mythology the world over has extreme people who are randomly huge.

Acording to Jainist mythology, humans all used to be giants that were six miles tall on average.
Sure, but those are all folded in under metavariants of trolls. Keep in mind that metavariants don't actually distinguish speciation or anything like that, it's more on par with the labelling of draught-horses or something.

So you want the quality Fuckhueg so you can play Goliath? You can get there with Elongated Limbs and maybe some other qualities that boost BOD and represent being strong and tough.

>six miles tall on average

Makes melee viable if you track reach penalties.

One-offs are represented by SURGE, not entire metavariants. That's why the Norse, with their Jotun, got Giants.

Okay, but if Shadowrun is supposed to be Earthdawn in the future, where did Obsidimen and T'Skrang go?
Assuming they aren't just SURGE, since they were whole races.

That connection has been officially scrapped, so any inconsistencies are explained away by "Meh"

Give it a couple more centuries. The ages seem to pass through several thousand year cycles. They might not have expressed yet.

They also might have been totally wiped out at the end of the Fourth World.

Well sure, but if everyone has those dimensions it all balances out. Sort of like PPP and dikote.
The connections have been scrapped as the licences are no longer held by the same company, but a consistent explanation would be that the current mana levels aren't sufficient to express their pleiotropic genetic changes. Earthdawn fluff indicated that all the namegiver races (Humans, trolls, obsidimen, etc.) were descended from a single progenitor race which may in fact have been the human metatype; ambient mana levels exacerbate their physical differences.

>I'm not saying giants should be more common than trolls, just that it doesn't really make sense for them to be native to Scandinavia exclusively. One would expect them to crop up, at least in very small numbers,all over the world.
If they're not Euro-centric in origin, then they're not Giant metavariants, bro. They're something else that hasn't been classified yet, or a changeling.

It's like if someone said they like pistols, and the Browning Ultra-Power poster agreed that they like Browning Ultra-Power - but they meant pistols, and in context it was clear they're not talking only about the Browning Ultra-Power. That's you with Giants.

>Assuming they aren't just SURGE, since they were whole races.
Canon people - and I'm talking canon as of 4e, not just 3e and earlier exclusive - have SURGEd as Obsidimen and T'Skrang already.

The problem is that magic isn't back strong enough yet for people to be expressing as them normally.

You know, the same way that it was over a decade after the Awakening before Goblinization started.

what was this
>>New GM Advice
>my.mixtape.moe/qadtwb.pdf
in the pastebin?
404'ed, for me.

>Obsidimen and T'Skrang
Do they actually call them that?

Ah, shit, that 404'd? Let me fix that a sec.

mega.nz/#!4B0wmbLL!dhHeYl1htSnXlcp31i4esltwfKTlWNzFq7fJvYrKMEg Boop.

Are windlings also a thing?

many thanks.

On a scale of 1 to 10, how tacticool are your runners usually?

So a while back I had a character concept of Lucky Pete, an Orc bruiser with a whole bunch of bad luck. I was pretty set on him being a muscle and thus an Orc but I might make him a Dwarf now to build up the under represented metahumans and start filling some diversity quotas *thunder clap*

I really like the idea of a Dwarf Sam/ Dwarf Enforcer too, sounds like fun.

Too tacticool for tactischool.

like a 3 at best. one player I don't play with anymore he could not make actual characters in any system for shit, just basically statblocks with a name, usually a variation of the same name /might/ have been like a 6.
I'm usually pretty ok with it, but jesus christ it can be annoying during certain times.

I have a runner who wants to modify his riot shield with a bow. Because reasons. And then slap flash-paks onto it.

We also have a rigger with a robot butler outfitted with an Ingram Smartgun for a shoulder.

Are those tacticool?

>I have a runner who wants to modify his riot shield with a bow. Because reasons. And then slap flash-paks onto it.
First ... why?

Second, show him Flashields; R&G 72.

How tacticool is casting invisibility while wearing a chameleon suit?

retardo-tier

Selffix:
actually, it has some practical use.
Normal invisibility doesn't protect you from digital cameras, so you would still have some use from the chameleon suit.

If you cast advanced invisibility however...

To cite the player, "because it's cool".

And while that solves the flashpak bit, we still want to make a shieldbow.

>Do they actually call them that?
They only call them that explicitly in 3e, but let's just say it's still fairly obvious what they are in 4e.

So one of my players is a Troll melee adept with a claymore he got in chargen with that quality that lets you get a high ranked availability item. Ever since we started playing his character is basically, "Do I hit him? Okay he's dead". He's rolling 20P~ a hit plus he's kitted himself out so he's got gobs of armor. I admit: running combats with him is boring and not fun.

What can I do to make combats fun and engaging for all of us while at the same time NOT trying to hit the player's character with the nerf bat?

Opponents coming from multiple directions at once sounds like your best bet. The troll goes Highlander on one group while the other players deal with the other threat(s).

Objectives.

I can't emphasize this enough - the way you make combat interesting is by making there be non-combat objectives that need to be completely simultaneously.

The combat-monkey needing to buy everyone enough time to cut through a door, or hack a computer, or get the target to the escape vehicle. The combat-monkey needs to pull aggro to somewhere else to let the rest of the team sneak in somewhere. The combat-monkey needs to keep doing what he's been doing, but while hauling out a heavy-but-fragile object or an incapacitated crew member, so he only has one hand free and needs to be careful about not accidentally breaking whatever he's carrying.

Combat in most RPGs is - fundamentally - boring as fuck. It's made interesting, instead, by including complex objectives which need to be advanced even while combat is taking place - and, for creative players, by setting up the scenery in a way that certain advantages and disadvantages will come into play by interacting with it, but that's not relevant to this particular situation.

Usually not ( is the exception), but when they talk about an EVO board member that SURGEd into a giant rock-man, it's very clear what they're talking about.

Literally Pixies

So /srg/, I have a question
Is there a headline generator for SR? or at least something to create for plot hooks/smalltalk material?

Question. The salvete guardian takes a complex action to use burst fire, does that mean it can't do a long burst?

attached

IT can do a long burst

It was officially Errata'd to be a regular SA/BF weapon. The "Complex Action to burst fire" is a 4e copy and paste error.

Word about the crazy huge fuck with an equally crazy huge sword spreads to corpsec teams in the area, so when he's called in the HTR teams come prepared. "Prepared" in this case means snipers (or tranq rifles if you're worried about a TPK), heavily-armored shock troops, and magic support focused on disabling him. The rest of the team has to knock them out to help/let him do his thing.

It's a simple action in the errata

nice, though not really what I was searching for
Less "ideas for possible runs" and more "stuff you'd hear when listening to the radio/watching trid-news/browsing news matrix sites/etc."
something you can throw into the room to have players talk about that
Last time I Improvised with "Evo plans to create a drug to stop deterioration in ghouls" and "Ball in Madrid: Hestaby confirmed to attend"

Don't think there's anything like that. Just open up a book to a random page and grab the first bit of fluff you see.

Oh, ok. So then the only thing the slivergun has on it is a larger mag. (Extended mag 2 on the guardian is still smaller than the slivergun's base mag)

What everyone else said is already good advice, but never forget the possibility to simply copy his character sheet and throw a palette swapped version of himself at him.

See if he gets the hint. If not, default to the other advice in this thread

The slivergun is also inherently suppressed and super illegal

The Slivergun has lousy accuracy [4 to the Guardian's 5(7)], no built-in smartgun, and can only fire flechettes.

It's cheap enough that you can put a smartgun system in it without trouble, but I would only use it for times when I need a gun to shred some unarmoured person and don't mind tossing the weapon afterwards.

The sliver gun is just kinda shit, all-around. Its real advantage, though, is that it comes already suppressed.

>gets the hint
The hint to... what? Stop participating in combat? Kill his character in favor of a new one? I don't really get what you're suggesting this would accomplish.

It's less to fix the problem now and more to hopefully show him how fucking annoying being a powergaming douchecanoe is in the future.
Or you end up killing his character and you know... another chance to roll something that doesn't ruin anyone's fun.

I must admit it's a "solution" born from anger at players that built their characters to COMPLETELY dominate a field.
I might have a similar, although less severe problem in my current group

>wanting your character to be really good at their specialty instead of a liability to the team is bad
Your suggestion is just a passive aggressive, bitch-ass way to slag someone off, not actually solve anything.

Who would like to hear the story of the time my GM ran a module based on 5 Nights at Freddie's that his 12 year old daughter helped him make?

That doesn't show anybody shit.

Here's a lesson every GM needs to learn, when they start thinking like this: You are here to play games with your friends. You are not here as the teacher to educate a bunch of children.

When you decide to just throw a minmaxed enemy at the combat monster, all you teach him is that he needs to be good at combat because that's what this game and your GM style is like. Being a passive aggressive bitch doesn't help the situation in the slightest- he won't magically divine the lesson you are imparting to his poor simple soul at the end of the session like he's a fucking aardvark in a yellow sweater.

If there is a problem at the table, especially something as minor and easily corrected as "one guy made a character who is way better at combat than the others, so making appropriate encounters is difficult," the first and almost always only step is to talk to them.

Yes. I admitted that. Thats why I said the other advice in this thread is good.

Also, no there is a difference between being good at something and being so domineering at it that the GM (and possibly the other players) stops having fun.
I'm going out on a limb here and guess that that particular player is not contributing too much outside of combat and gets pissy in social, or infiltration situations, because they have nothing to contribute.
Seen THAT too many times...

>Yes. I admitted that. Thats why I said the other advice in this thread is good.

No, your advice was, "Do this shitty unproductive thing first. Then do the other things mentioned ITT".

You're making this guy into a strawman to justify a shitty approach that will never work, whether or not he is what you assume he is.

>does Veeky Forums want Storytime
YES
YES MOTHERFUCKER
START
POSTING

Alright. It'll take me a bit to type it all up, so let me start by saying that I was playing Viper, a Latino Orc street sam who picked up a lot of cybernetics and skill with guns in the Azteca wars, as well as PTSD and a Bliss addiction. Other memorable characters include a cybered up troll street sam with a hacker contact (that detail becomes very important, because we didn't have our own decker), a black Quebecois female dwarf, and like 5 other guys I can't recall in detail. There was a rat shaman, and our face was an elf.

It all started when our fixer tells us to go to a certain trashy mall at midnight to meet Mr. and Mrs. Johnson. The fixer also mentions that they're not the usual sort of Mr. and Mrs. Johnson.....

Yes. I have overreacted due to being pissy at this particular problem that, every time I tried to solve it via talking, ended up in drama and whining.

I'm salty and ranted on the internet.

To remedy, one thing I have done to combat the problem is to somehow split the party due to mission objective having to be done simultaneously. Then design possible combat encounters to fit the two or more groups.
Only problem with that is that it's hard to dynamically go back and forth so no one feels neglected, especially during combat situations.

Another thing I tried was using lots of magic. Combat monsters might be able to curb stomp anything they can reach, but they likely didnt have many points left to boost WIL very high, so mana spells work very well.
High force spirits are also a good way to give the mage(s) in the group a time to shine and put him on the back burner, assuming his adept powers wont SOMEHOW make his claymore ignore spirit armor.
Now to show them that power gaming can be DANGEROUS and that you shouldn't be ten times more dangerous than all your team mates combined, have someone control actions them and go for their friends.
Just use this very sparingly, because if you continue to take agency away from players, that's no fun either. To make the player feel like this isn't just taking away their PC, fluff the continued willpower rolls as an internal conflict of mind. Give them bonuses for good roleplaying inside that mindscape.

Or have an entire run with basically no combat and if they whine about that, try to make them understand that diversifying their character would prevent boredom during such sessions and that this is basically how all the other Players feel during combat, so leave some of the glory for them, too.

Or have them encounter an enemy that is simply can NOT to be defeated with the normal means. Have them encounter an experimental battle tank in an Ares facility, or some other shit like that. The group has to stay alive long enough for the hacker to disable it. Throw some goons in on the side to give him something to do.

There, hopefully constructive advice.

>arrive at mall
>Viper kills time by banging whatever female submitted her hole to the gloryhole in the bathroom
>at least, it smelled like a woman
>join up with other runners in the food court to eat shitty Korean food while we wait
>Mr. and Mrs. Johnson arrive, sit down at a table, and look around nervously; they're actually Mr. and Mrs. Schmitt, bogstandard wageslave married couple
>it's not every day that you can fuck with the Johnson a little bit and not pay a heavy price, so we take the opportunity to fuck with them a little bit
>all 8 of us sit down at the same table, don't speak to them, don't make eye contact with them, just continue eating our shitty Korean food
>pop cyberweapons in and out of cyberarms, they're getting scared as shit
>once we've had our fun, down to business: their only son, Micheal Schmitt, and the cops aren't doing shit because they're just wage slaves
>once the face milks them for all they're worth, we start gathering intel
>my contribution is sadly limited to calling my drug dealer contact and asking "hey, these guys bought anything from you" when a new person of interest pops up
>cybertroll's hacker contact actually does most of the legwork for us
>so this Schmitt kid is in a "clan" with 3 other kids for this one zombie shooter vidya, apparently they're pretty good
>they always hung out at a western themed Chucky Cheese sort of place after school, so they were almost certainly the last ones to see him before he vanished
>cont.

>roll up to his school
>the plan is for the face convince the principal that he is a lawyer for a pair of concerned parents (the black Quebecois female dwarf and another one of our runners) and he'd better let us question those kids or else
>everyone else, of course, stays outside in their cars
>principal falls for this bullshit
>2/3 kids don't take much convincing to tell us that they all skipped school to play vidya at this western place
>one of them, though, the 'bad boy' dwarf of the group, was more difficult
>first words upon entering the questioning room were "fuck you"
>face asks if he and the "parents" can be left alone for a while with this punk, and the principal happily lets them at it
>face pulls out his sawn-off shotgun and slams it on the table, letting the little shit know he's not fucking around
>the bad boy facade shatters and the little shit is overwhelmed by terror
>black Quebecois female dwarf starts talking to him with a Yakuza accent for some reason
>little confirms the other kid's stories through, and I quote the GM, verbal diarrhea
>black Quebecois female dwarf ends the interrogation by telling him that better not get into any trouble again
>principal thanks us for straightening him out as we head out
>before we drive away, the rat shaman whispers to the little shit in astral mode that he had really better not get into trouble again
>and then we got to the western-themed Chucky Cheese type place
>cont.

ah yes, I remember you telling us about that incident

Ah, but that's just the beginning, user. I didn't tell you the full story.

>the cybertroll dresses himself up as security inspector or some shit like that, manages to get the security tapes while I play the same vidya the kid loved so much
>plugged that shit straight into my brain, but I didn't even make the top 10 scores despite being a fucking war veteran
>fucking kids
>anyways, the security videos show that for about a week now, there's been a guy lurking about, eyeing Scmitt while wearing a staff uniform, but it's 10-15 years out of date and it looks like it hasn't been washed in that time either
>the last we see of Micheal, he's at the vidya, the creepy guy comes up behind him and they both suddenly disappear
>further analysis of footage shows doors mysteriously opening on their own after the fact, telling us this was a case of invisibility
>the cameras were tampered with so that the creep's face was never seen, but we hacked the vidya console's camera and got his face off that
>my drug dealer has actually met this guy, he bought a bigass cocktail of various knockout drugs recently
>cybertroll asks his hacker to get a name and address on this guy
>hacker suddenly asks for more money
>cybertroll gives it to him
>the creep is Indigo, a former Shadowrunner who just up and vanished 15 years ago
>we send our sneaky guy into his apartment from the outside with a chameleon suit and gecko gloves
>we have all sorts of plans on what to do if he's home or if it's booby trapped, but it's neither
>we start reading through the books he left behind (mostly Voodoo magic stuff) and look at what's on his trid
>we get to his journal, and that
>THAT
>is when things start to get disturbing
>cont.

>I should mention that the journal was pretty fucking dirty, because as we found out it had been buried for a long time
>I'll give you a TLDR version of what the journal said and what we further managed to figure out:
>this Indigo guy was a follower of the Ioa of love, but still got discriminated against because voodoo, ironically couldn't find love of his own
>15ish years ago, he was doing a job at a brand new western Chucky Cheese, just going over security when he meets a fellow named Mikael and falls deeply in love with him
>problem is Mikael is jailbait and he don't want none of Indigo's statutory rape, in fact he feels that any romance in between them would be inappropriate
>Indigo tries to pull the old molest and memory wipe trick, but the magic goes wrong and kills Mikael
>Indigo hides the body, buries the journal with it and goes off the grid, hoping that someone will brign justice and kill him for his terrible sin
>nobody does, and he successfully molests and memory wipes several other kids who look like Mikael, compiling trids of them
>meanwhile, that first western Chucky Cheese place goes out of business and a new one, the one Michael Schmitt played at, pops up a few blocks away
>the old one is currently being torn down with Mr. Schmitt acting as the foreman
>after 15ish years, Indigo feels the need to go back to where he met Mikael
>it's not clear whether he went to the new western Chucky Cheese place by mistake or whether he went to the old one and it just happened to be Bring Your Kid To Work Day
>but one way or another, he saw Michael, who was a dead ringer for Mikael
>Indigo saw this as a sign; he dug up Mikael and the journal, kidnapped Michael, and went back to where it all started.....
>also he killed some demolition workers to keep everyone the fuck away
>cont.

>knowing what we had to do, we headed to the ruins of the old western Chucky Cheese place, and this is where things started to really resemble 5 Nights at Freddie's
>see, the franchise has a couple of animatronic characters that walk around the joint, though obviously they were fallen into disrepair here
>we split into 2 groups, one goes into the arcade/restaurant building on the ground level, the other goes into the connected factory building (I guess it was to keep the animatronic in working order and shit?) through the roof
>first encounter is with Viper when he hears something move in the darkness of the prize storage room
>open up with suppressive fire with light machine gun, eat explosive rounds bitch
>merchandise everywhere destroyed
>see a doll moving, clearly possessed by a voodoo spirit
>full auto on that bitch
>fucking destroyed
>all the other dolls start moving
>suppressive fire, suppressive fire everywhere
>half a belt of explosive ammo later, no more dolls
>GM later told me the purpose of that room was to make playes waste ammo, well it sure worked on me
>move into next room, spot animatronic beaver
>hold position for a while, get report from factory crew that they'd just been attacked by (but had defeated) 'Wilbur the Wolf' animatronic
>pre-emptively saw beaver in half with full auto, it has to crawl about when it gets possessed later
>the fights with the animatronics weren't that interesting honestly, we were a heavily armed crew of runners after all
>Indigo got me twice with mind affecting magic, though
>once to distract with me with a defunct vidya, and once to get me to put my head in a drill press
>teammates couldn't pull me away, so the cybertroll saved my ass by breaking the drillbit with his bare (admittedly cyber) hands
>cont.

>oh, also we found some dead demolition workers in the air vents
>finally, we find a trapdoor leading to the sewer, where we found another door leading to Indigo's bunker
>we bust in; there's Indigo, with a drugged up Michael and Mikael's remains at his feet, also one last animatronic
>the combat only lasts one round
>animatronic keeps most of the team occupied while Indigo casts more mind-affecting magic on me
>I would have opened fire on my own teammates, except that the rat shaman hit him with a fucking hardcore acid blast, making him lose his concentration before my turn came up
>Viper informs Indigo that the most satisfying part about killing him will be how morally righteous it is, and opens fire with full auto
>he's dead Jim
>animatronic drops
>after returning Michael to his parents, we tuck Indigo's corpse, Mikael's remains and all the evidence (the journal and trids) into a safe place and let the cops know where to find it
>we rescued a kid before his kidnapper got the chance to molest him, and we solved a 15 year old cold case for the cops, so it was a pretty nice feel-good run
>fin
GM said he was testing it out on us before he ran it at a convention later; the convention was in the small rural town of Peterborough Ontario (I live near Toronto), so no spoiler alerts because I doubt any of you will have this adventure run for you.

> That his 12 year old daughter helped make
> Serial child rapist

He should check his daughter into therapy omae

What does /srg/ think of my jungle operator elf street sam? Backstory is that he served in the Azt-Am war, cutting niggas up in the jungle with his spurs and blasting them away with his arm-mounted SMG.
The GM asked us to keep dice pools at around 14d6 at chargen, which is why my automatics and unarmed combat is lower than rating 6.

Yeah, we were surprised it got that dark. Though to be fair, the prose in the journal was pretty flowery. It was as PG as language could get while letting us figure out that Indigo was a serial pedophile.

I got a question, need to find the chip-truth once and for all.

Does a technomancer have an automatic DNI? Description says they can interact with the Matrix without using any electronic device, and that all devices are Matrix devices (specifically that all devices have icons and are therefore Matrix objects). So does this mean that the TM can, say, activate the wireless function of firearms (e.g. switching fire modes mentally as a free action)?

More to the point, can a TM use a smartgun without a smartlink? RAW is smartgun needs a smartlink, without smartlink, the smartgun's data is going nowhere, but if TM can interpret Matrix data then can they also 'read' the smartgun data like they do AROs?

Thanks chummers, hope some of you drek-hot hackers can shed some light on this.

Basically technomancers get a free DNI and a free image link, nothing else. So they still need a smartlink to read smartgun data, because the smartlink reads all the hundreds of datapoints the smartgun sends to it and formats it in a nice, readable way or some other bullshit.
They can trigger wireless functions of items, yeah.

Technomancer can connect wirelessly to any device as if they had a deck in their head, but that's it. To get DNI with something, they need either an electrode net (or a datajack) or the Skinlink echo.

As for the smartlink, they are doubly fucked since even with 'trodes, they'd still need the eye implant eating into their essence.

since drones can get a smartlink program, couldn't you make a smartlink CF?

Forgot to say, I'm referring to 5e rules here.

Thank you, chummers. Here, have a pic from a KE case file on unsolved Stuffer Shack murders, labeled by the detective in charge as 'rekt, lol'

Bonus question, omae. Would this setup work: TM commands Machine Sprite to run Diagnostics on a smartgun but without a smartlink, instead relying on the TM-sprite Resonance mindlink to make sense of the data? And whatabout just Diagnostics on a regular wireless (but without smartgun) firearm?

Not sure if there's even a complex form for that (if that's what you meant by CF)

Best workaround I can think of is if a Machine sprite can use its Diagnostics power to function as a smartlink.

If we're doin' sheet reviews, how about my Infiltrator/Sniper/Pocket Street Sam? Premise is I got the shit blown out of me in a previous run, so I got all Adam Jensened.

If applicable, pick up some contacts - not the kind you put in your eyes, I mean.

As an operator, you might want to consider a point or two in first aid, leadership (if you were a squad leader), Escape artist (if you had to do some deer hunter shit). Not strictly necessary, just cool for flavor

Consider picking up some speciality ammo and extra clips for your SMG - right now you're kind of a one-trick pony, being able to switch between ADPS, gel, SnS, etc. give you more flexibility depending on the composition and armor of your opposition

What level of languages should a face buy?

alright chummers it's time for a Horizon™ Consensus insta-poll

>favorite corp to do runs for
>favorite corp to run against

>least favorite corp to do runs for
>least favorite corp to run against