Veeky Forums's Winter Ball Discussion Thread

This is the thread for discussing the Veeky Forums Winter Ball and board-tan related topics. Content creation, board-tan discussion, inter-board news, and general goodwill is welcome. Please do not shitpost.

The megabin of content created by Veeky Forums, Veeky Forums, and /vp/. (Updated 11/20/2016)
pastebin.com/Z57p7sJE

Current Veeky Forums-related news :
>/vp/ has won the showdown, and will be providing some post-battle interactions through writefaggotry soon..
>Multiple projects for both /vp/ and Veeky Forums are in the works, including a cardgame for Veeky Forums.
>The Wacky Races campaign is also in the works.
>With the release of Pokemon Sun / Moon, /vp/'s threads will be somewhat slower.
>This may become the first Veeky Forums Wacky Races between /pol/o/, /m/int/, /histgvp/, and /XD/. Our ride is currently a red chariot with tons of orky bitz stuck onto it, led by two Scoliopedes.
>The ball may happen at any of these two dates : November 26 or December 3, depending on what /qa/ says

Question of the Thread -
What sort of system would best run a game fit for both Veeky Forums and /vp/? Should we stick to something traditional to give it a Veeky Forums feel?

Previous thread ->

Other urls found in this thread:

listmoz.com/#FTKrt4jC5ShNflZyLy
youtube.com/watch?v=fWRISvgAygU
edhrec.com/commanders/karametra-god-of-harvests
gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?action=advanced&color= @(|[W]|[G])&type= ["Planeswalker"]
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/vp-commander-challenge-deck/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/vp-challenge-alternate-karametra-first-draft/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>my pic is the op
Well, color me surprised. Think something representing the tans would've been thematically better, but thanks nonetheless, appreciate it.

It's a good pic, user. I'm probably going to use the others, too.

Just for that, you get a freebie in form of cute heresy.

Cheers.

We're building an MTG deck for /vp/, in hopes of challenging them on our own playing field. We'll be using the Commander format, and the General we've chosen for them is Karametra. /vp/, being an obviously creature-focused player, will benefit only far too well from a general that gives them free land every time they summon something. However, Other than it being a Green-White Creature centric deck with a lot of Fatties, we really haven't decided anything for it.

Anyway, here's a tentative card list, feel free to expand it with whatever you feel should be included. We do need to decide how this deck will work... what we're trying to achieve. The obvious is a bunch of cheap creatures that provide a good starting game, then using Karametra and other mana sources to ramp up into the more beefy cards, but other than that there's nothing solid.

listmoz.com/#FTKrt4jC5ShNflZyLy

Seriously, just dump any Green/White/Colorless cards that would work in a Creature deck. I'll assemble it into something resembling a deck on TappedOut.net, and from there we can work on actually making this work.

>guardsmen with bolters
>with the magazines loaded BACKWARDS
>I'm not even going to touch whatever the fuck they're supposed to be combined with

What the fuck was this person smoking and where can I get it

Originally it was going to be marine oriented, but that proved tedious so I just stuck guardsmen helms on them, blame the guy who made the bolter model for having them stuck that way, and I did all this for a guys request on the /vp/ thread.

Oh, and it more that I was bumassed sleep depraved that got me to actually do it.

They're combined with pokemon. Because we're dating /vp/ now.

Bump.

>maximum cringe general

Is this really back?
I thought this died last year.

thanks for the bump

cute

thanks, here's an alternative version of the scene that's a little less cute tho

>that tiny gun
Had a good chuckle.

Wasn't this challenge for Veeky Forums? They'll go for sorceries and artifacts, for sure.

We decided that Veeky Forums would rather play Axis and Allies, using a custom map of their choice.(we found a pretty fucking awesome piece of software for it) Unfortunately, Veeky Forums seems completely unresponsive to the Winter Ball at this point.

Interesting... Karametra's ability automatically pushes us towards a couple of Tribal non-token decks, where the goal is to summon as many . We could easily run Human or Elf Tribal, but that kind of ruins the point of making a themed deck for /vp/. There's basically three options for us then: Cat Tribal, Bird Tribal, and Beast tribal. I'm thinking the last one is likely the best.

Of course, we could simply forego the concept of Tribal entirely and focus on specific combos utilizing big green white creatures. What does everyone else think?

A Green Behemoths deck with some colorless atifacts if we throw some Whites in that we could make a pretty strong deck that could be pretty fun aswell.

it could also make a pretty interresting VS style where our deck is based very heavly on combo play and making these great moments happen.

while our opponent plays a ramp deck with nothing special going for but like a snowball picks up mass and overwhelms it's opponent.

>hey everyone, I just wanted you to know that I, a completely anonymous person, dislike this thread!
>Just, you know, in case you were wondering

Exactly, their focus is big moves with big effects. They get a fast start with cheap creatures to play off of Karametra, then play the big ones later on. There was some call for Mogis to be our general, but no real decision as of yet.

Slivers?

Nah, Sliver decks just build themselves. They're not unique, and they don't really have that fun "we built this" feel to a deck. We haven't decided on a Commander yet, but it should be good.

I've been adding a few behemoths to the deck list. Anyone have any objections?

In keeping with the Jund theme mentioned last thread, how about pic related?

Jund might be for the Veeky Forums deck. For now we're working on a GW Deck for /vp/

>GW

Chorus of the Conclave? If we're set on Karametra as general, we could just slot that in.

Looks awesome. I'll add it to the list.

Oh, and Knight of the Reliquary.

Added. Actually... wait, why aren't we playing this as an Elemental Landfall deck? /vp/ has an obvious focus on creatures that gain bonuses from elemental advantages.

Post your Green-White Landfalls.

For all you artists who like to listen to music while you work, here's a favorite playlist of mine.

youtube.com/watch?v=fWRISvgAygU

May it inspire more OC for the future, and my Shit Get Done. You guys are awesome for what you do, and I can't thank you enough, especially Morse, who's been running everything from the thread to the multitude of campaigns we may or may not run.

Ok, so I've been expanding the list here and there, browsing the EDHREC for Karametra and such for good cards:

edhrec.com/commanders/karametra-god-of-harvests

And i discovered that a staggering 47% of Karametra users include Nissa: Vital Force in their decks. That begs the question, Which Planeswalker, if any, do we include in the deck?

Here's a list of suitable options:
gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?action=advanced&color= @(|[W]|[G])&type= ["Planeswalker"]

I mean, in a Creature focused Karametra deck, the obvious choice is pic-related.

Was going to suggest Panharmonicon, but you already got that.

Shit, here's "pic-related."

Added. Should make for a good option. Anything else?

World's babbiest bolt pistol

So anyone working on OC? I've been writing more first lewds of the season, but I haven't seen as much of the usual drawfags.

Working on writing as well. Had a few bumps this weekend depression and dealing with a suicidal friend kinda drained me but I'm getting back to work on stuff gradually. Hoping to post something tomorrow before I start working on a big project for the ball. Just hope I finish in time.

Has anyone set a date for sure? I'd prefer to dip into December for more time for OC since I think the holidays are gonna slow us down, but I'm not sure if we can maintain interest that long with how threads have been dying recently.

>how threads have been dying recently.
That's because some people are only interested when there's cross-boarding and /vp/ is MIA.

fuck i forgot about the ball so we are Veeky Forums Veeky Forums and /vp/ hah

did /qst/ get a date in the end

Are there minis of Veeky Forums,/vp/ and Veeky Forums?

Not gonna lie. I'd trade ten idea guys just for one good drawfag right about now.

/qst/ is going with /cm/.

Adorably enough, they decided to do so through a Quest.

Why have we not done this already?

I'm with you there, buddy.

Well aside from artist's block I'm kinda distracted with other things.

goddamn events

Ok, so if Veeky Forums played Magic, /pol/ would play Red/White Human Tribal, right?

Likely, RWB.

/x/ would play Innistrad with Eldrazi win-conditions.

Veeky Forums and /m/ would run Artifact decks, and love the Kaladesh Block for the same reasons.

We already agreed that Veeky Forums would love the Theros/Nyx block more than anything else, but would run anything so long as it has a good story and lore.

Would /a/ run Jace-stice League exclusively?

Bump.

Bumpity.

Why not Kamigawa?

Isn't that for /r9k/?

user, someone made OC for you.

I think I've seen this around, even before I did any of that. Thanks though.

daaaaaw

i was kinda hoping for /d/ for quest for brand new shota corruption but thats nice to

We were too for a while. Oh well.

>>/qst/853693

fuck.

New /vp/ art from the /qa/ thread.

This is perfect. We need to use this as our next OP

If Thanksgiving doesn't kill this one first.

Aren't you guys going with /x/ now?
Or has /x/ had another mental breakdown/board invasion and has eschewed you?

Back of. She´s our cute little future succubus /spoiler]

dont tell her that though, we want to keep it a suprise.

>Implying /vp/ is not love+life combo

This. /dx/ is hot, but the only real value is that it gets both us and /vp/ hot and bothered.

/vp/ also shares our love/hate for Monstergirls and that strata of kink.

Yeah. /x/ was never my fav pairing though that was influenced by how I never was that into spooky stuff at the time. But now I'm more into /x/-related topics and /vp/ I thin is STILL a great pairing for us. Not immediately obvious but still very complementary. Kinda like /k/an/.

Here's my rough draft of the /vp/ Commander deck:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/vp-commander-challenge-deck/

It's extremely rough, but it's technically playable. From here it's refinement over anything else. Post your suggestions and changes. I also posted in the EDH General as a matter of course.

Based team skull.

useless bump

I think I might come up with my own list and we can compare notes.

Here's my attempt. I used a lot of yours as a base but I wanted to put in more land search and toolbox stuff.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/vp-challenge-alternate-karametra-first-draft/

Bumpity

Shameful bump.

sad bump

Im glad we got to do all the hype matches before Sun & Moon dropped, shit was fun. But with all the momentum gone, it's pretty much over.
I liked the writefagging tho, it was cute.

Give it a week. /vp/ will get back on track, and so will we. I'm working on getting the MTG duel decks finished so after the hype dies down we can issue the challenge, or do something.

Based on suggestions from EDH I'm now working on building both decks simultaneously. I've decided to switch over from Karametra as /vp/'s General and am planning on using Xenagos, who has a better Pokémon feel, and whose effects are more immediately apparent, and RG works better for a Beast tribal, which is what /vp/ should have been from the start.

Still not sure of what Veeky Forums's Commander is. I re-did the Color poll, and this time over a wider user base the colors turned out to be Black by a Huge Margin, followed by Blue and Green, with a narrow gap between the two.