>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM THE CLOWNS):
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2016/11/22/warhammer-40000-rulebook-final-faq/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

FIRST FOR DARK ELDAR AREN'T DEAD BOIS

Fuck yes! I don't even play deldar, that was just a bullshit rule.

> Swerving a Raider into a sick tailspin has no effect on the passengers aim

But that's retarded.

We still aren't very good though
CTC and MSUborn are the only way we work

I was going to say something, but I forgot. Oh bother. Have a wizard instead.

FIFTH FOR BLOOD ANGELS ARE TRASH AND NEEDS BUFFS
All their specific units are weak and they can't be applied, and their psychic powers are weak

Librarius BTFO

Leman Russ Executioner, like a phoenix from the ashes

But at least we weren't gutted into unplayability. And for that I'm happy.

Neat. Pic related is still a bit of a bugger, but gunboats may be usable now.

You didn't even link the new FAQ.

That's sloppy OP'ing

If I were to make a chapter based on Renaissance imagery, the book of choice would be Blood Angels, right?

But we just got buffs.

Should I throw my lot in with Torchstar or Shadowsun?

Torchstar, definantly.

Torchstar.

What EPUB reader do you guys use? mine sucks for most of those codices.

Anyone else got a feeling the 1KS are going to be the Deathwatch of CSMs?

No.
Only if they have an ability that allows them to.

Said that three days ago.

you're right, I'm an illiterate.

what did he mean by this

Readium/Kobo

mmmmm

Good but hindered by their guys higher point cost.

They are. We've always played it that way - that Jink doesn't force the passangers to snap fire, but moving over 6" does. Unless the opponent has loads of tanks or a buttload of Ignores Cover weapons, gunboats can be really good. Taking 20 poison shots with re-rolls to hit to the face, several times per turn, melts even MEQ units.

Where did you get this from, by the way? A new FAQ? Link?

71 point for naked terminators?
Hindered indeed.

Yup.
warhammer-community.com/2016/11/22/warhammer-40000-rulebook-final-faq/

>Q: In the rules for cover saves it says that intervening models grant cover even if the model is fully visible unless you shoot over the intervening models. Does this include models that are taller than the intervening models i.e. are taller models able to shoot over shorter models?
>A: Yes, as long as the line of sight for the weapon being used is not obscured by the intervening models and does not pass through a gap between the models in the intervening unit.

>Q: Can Infantry count as intervening for a Monstrous Creature or a Gargantuan Creature?
>A: Yes, but only if 25% or more of the model is obscured by the intervening Infantry unit from the perspective of the firer.

So my Tervigon can't get a cover same from my gants?

The fuck is this shit.

Making infantry cover the same as terrain.

>Q: When I am using ‘long’ or ‘oval’ Cavalry/Bikes/Monstrous Creatures’ bases, am I allowed to pivot the base on the spot to gain additional movement like vehicles would?
>A: When making a move, you have to take into account how far all parts of the model have moved. Or to put that another way, trying to come up with a way of making a move that allows a model to move ‘further’ than its maximum movement distance is illegal. It is not allowed for a model to move 6″ towards or away from something, and end up more than 6″ closer to or further away from it!

>Q: I have a question about pivoting and moving a vehicle. When is the distance that a vehicle can move measured – before it pivots for the first time or after it pivots for the first time? Some vehicles may be able to gain an extra inch or two by pivoting, then measuring, then moving.
>A: If a model moves, no part of the model (or its base) can finish the move more than the model’s move distance away from where it started the Movement phase.

We AOS now.

readium

Shadowsun a shit, Torchstar is best waifu

>We AOS now.
Buy not letting people sneak inches?

Don't know how to feel about the 6"+ movement causing snapfire but thank God for no snap firing crews on the jink. I suppose the only crew that is gonna struggle with that are my 18" sslyth shardcarbines or the 18" blasterborn. We'll see!

Can't get Terrain cover either.

Ground nids are deader than they were before. It's pretty sad. Flying circus got buffed though, at least.

grenades in melee officially nerfed, time to break out the dreadnoughts in drop pods against my buddies guard blobs.

Yea man people cant unfairly move their models additional inches what the fuck.

but going over 6" has always made your units snap fire

>I officially can't cheat anymore

Fucking hell...

Has it? My group has always played that my venoms could move full distance and crew could fire as normal unless jink.

One is the supreme commander of the Tau Empire. The other likes setting fire to things.

>Q: Some pieces of terrain (woods, ruins, craters, etc.) provide a cover save to a models even if they are not 25% obscured. Does this really include large models like Monstrous Creatures?
>A: No. Just like Vehicles, Monstrous Creatures and Gargantuan Creatures are not obscured simply for being inside terrain such as woods or ruins.
No more Toe In Cover bullshit.

What does TG think of SM Scouts? I've never bothered to use them, so is there anything they excel at?
I was given 9 with shotguns, 8 with sniper rifles and 2 with missile launchers.

You could do a line of termagaunts followed by line of gargoyles.
Expensive and probably not worth it but it would get everybody that 5+.

did you read the rulebook? maybe you should read the rulebook every new edition and not rely on "my group has played it like..."

Are chariots considered transports? Asking because I want to know how these rules apply to the Burning Chariot of Tzeentch.

>I was given 9 with shotguns, 8 with sniper rifles and 2 with missile launchers.
Those are junk

Bolters for dicount marines are where it's at

No, they are chariots

FAQ:
>Q: Using grenades in the Assault phase. Can every model replace their close combat attacks with a single grenade attack or just one model in the unit? Like in the Shooting phase e.g. a unit of 5 Tau Pathfinders charge a Knight. Do 5 Pathfinders make close combat haywire grenade attacks?
>A: Only one model from the unit can attack with a grenade in the Assault phase. Per Warhammer 40,000: The Rules, ‘Only one grenade (of any type) can be thrown by a unit per phase’.

Warhammer 40,000: The Rules:
>"Some grenades do not have a profile. Any effects that they have will be covered in their special rules. Unless specifically stated otherwise, these grenades cannot be thrown or used as a Melee weapon."

Sounds like "throw" is not the same as "used as Melee weapon." But why should GW read their own rules?

I thought the shotguns could have been useful with Crusader Squads. Get some shots on the charge and suck up some overwatch with scout bodies

So wait, with the new FAQ, Flyers and FMCs can no longer be hit by blasts, even with Skyfire?

>Q: Can units that are Battle Brothers embark in each other’s Transport vehicles during deployment?
>A: No.

>Q: Can units from two Detachments with the same Faction embark in each other’s Transport vehicles during deployment?
>A: Yes.

Jolly good, glad they sorted that out.

Yup.

Oh for acolytes sure, not not as real scouts

Oh hell yes, my day just keeps getting better!

I only ever used Sniper Rifles in Imperial Guard lists. What makes a scout squad with 4 Sniper Rifles not worth bringing?

your group probably has an old holdover from 4th/5th. hell even vehicles snapfire when they go 12".

chariots are a unit, not a transport. the rider counts as stationary but since the burning chariot is fast he can move 12" and kill what he likes

though now i'm curious if you can tank shock then charge a unit with a chariot

what is the current Mk armor used by chaos?

II-VII

That ruling has been around for a while. Rip tankbustas.

I read the rulebook but one of the players claimed the FAQ changed that for dark eldar (obviously incorrectly)

>hell even vehicles snapfire when they go 12

Not if they are Fast Skimmers.

MkII-IV.

Orks now have no good way of dealing with armour great.

The whole hit by blasts thing was introduced by Death from the Skies. The BRB has always held the ruling that they cannot.

Am I the only one who posts in this thread who doesn't actually play the game?

I'm too poor senpai

On one hand, before this was clarified I also accepted "throw" only meant shooting phase. But on the other hand, I am sho am glad my rhinos and dreadnoughts won't get fucked to death by a clusterrape of krak grenades now.

>That ruling has been around for a while.

As the drafts. Now they got an official release and nothing has changed.

so what does the base set of chaos space marines have? from gw site

They don't have standardized armour. It's whatever they can scavenge.

Whelp grenades are still fucked for some reason. why, geedubs, why?

"oh thats cool, can you show me?"

Question about the blast template scattering onto skimmers.

If the skimmer was already targeted under the blast but the centered target was a different unit, does it still get to jink? The blast was placed before scatter was rolled so technically it's targeted but my friends and myself to some extent believe they won't get to jink.

Example:
I have a squad of reavers in between 2 venoms super close together. A large blast is centered on the reavers, hitting both the venoms as well. Do they get to jink or not assuming a direct hit or scatter that still clips them both

with the way mutations, scavenging and time distortions work that's not something we can really answer.

possibly not since they didn't declare jink before shooting

Yeah I know but ignorance is bliss, when close friends who've been playing for 15+ years tell you something good like that you don't look a gift horse in the mouth

They reversed the "if your unintentionally hit, you can still jink!" rulings everywhere. (beams, scattering blasts) assume you can't jink unless your specifically targeted.

No, I played back in 5th and visit the thread now and again to see how the game is doing. Don't play anymore since the actual game is trash

So if they declared jink before the scatter dice were rolled that would be fine?

Oh yeah of course. I have it lucky and just seem to memorize rules after reading them so I'm always skeptical of something that isn't familiar to me

If you go purely RAW, it can't, because it was never "targeted" by the attack. You declare a jink as soon as the attack is declared against the unit. It requires clarification on what "targeted" means when declaring a shooting attack.

Meanwhile all the units that relied on anti-tank bombs got fucked. What good is Demolition doctrine when buying melta-bombs for the sergeant is just as good? Or 30k, where several units can buy melta-bombs, but if they do, all models must buy them. Relied on melta-bomb squads to deal with souped up Spartans? Fuck you!

MK 4 greaves
MK 3-5 chestplates
unknown pattern flared gloves
unknown pattern power supply
unknown pattern helmet (Looks mostly like modified VII)

man fuck that, i had some dudes i was playing with telling me the rubric of ahriman made all the 1k sons dust not just the weaker members. if you got a doubt you should look it up or know how to argue it.

but be warned that it makes the game longer when you have to look up obscure or rarely used rules

So when are the new Chaos Space Marines due? Early next year?

That's going to make for some hairy times when disembarking my venoms then, but makes sense. Already had the tau and IG players say they're gonna abuse the hell out of it

dec 3

MkII-IV.

If you look at old art, just about every mark has MkVI greaves and MkV torso. Those models were made back when GW didn't give that many shits about armour autism.

>What good is Demolition doctrine when buying melta-bombs for the sergeant is just as good?

You'll still have a chance to demo something if he gets picked out, I guess?

>No more Toe In Cover bullshit.

Tyranids confirmed deader than dead. Monstrous Creatures are now either disgustingly broken or utter trash with no middle ground.

Totally worth 25pts. extra.

It's not a codex, it's a supplement which means it's still going to have unit prices from the base codex. Which means unless GW pulls some insane shenanigans and just slathers on underpriced/free buffs everywhere, it's still going to be shit because having those things are mandatory to make many of the units even mediocre.

Ksons are still 300 points for a squad of 10 in a rhino. Warp Talons are still . . . no, I don't want to type it, it hurts too bad. Legion rules are a step in the right direction but trying to fix the CSM codex with a supplement at this point is putting lipstick on a pig, why didn't they just make a new codex and put legion rules in it? Why?

Can't release a new codex when we just got a supplement so we get another supplement which increases the period of time until we can get another codex. 6e Codex for life it seems

>Ksons are still 300 points for a squad of 10 in a rhino.

Keep in mind that the new Thousand Sons kit includes Flamers and a fancy Rotary Cannon thing, so their rules must be changing, at the very least to provide them with those options. It's possible GW might tweak them in other ways while they're at it.

Everything else is shit out of luck though.

Ask GW, not Veeky Forums.

there will be rubicae and scarab occult terminators. Those units will have their own dataslates, and will potentially have their own points costs.

Take a look at the GSC genestealers vs tyranid codex genestealers for the sort of dynamic changes the are willing to take.

7e is dead in the water so they aren't updating codxes anymore.

Raziel said in the last thread they were updating point values. And there's precedent, they gave different rules & points costs to GSC purestrain genestelers for example.

Unless they pull some inane assbuttfuckery, there's no way 1KSons would not get annihlated on the table every single time.

Maybe GW doesn't want to update the CSM codex because it's one of their bestselling items? I'm don't know shit about this so I'm just spitballing, but perhaps the reason GW is hesitant to release a new CSM codex is because the old one is selling like hotcakes and they haven't reached a number that says "okay, shit out a new one now". If it aint broke, don't fix it. So they have this product selling so well and it's pointless to stop milking it by making it obsolete, maybe somehow the CSM codex is one of the bestselling codexes they have or something.

They're doing minor stuff that will be better forwards compatible with 8th. Just enjoy some new toys in the meantime.