Stat me, Veeky Forums

I'm actually quite interested in seeing just how exactly you'd try to make it.

worm.wikia.com/wiki/Contessa

Other urls found in this thread:

worm.wikia.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Cutscene boss

fedora tip/10

Owlbear with at-will Guidance cantrip.

Contessa is a walking plot device, literally impossible to stat.

But I guess if you really had to stat her you could give her all average stats and make her "I win" ability into a special feat, tweak according to system.

Well ok "literally impossible" was a dumb term for me to use since it is possible in a way.

What I am trying to say is to give her average stats and then every time she would require to pass a skill check that is physically possible for her she automatically succeeds.

Plus the "always knowing what has to be done" part of her ability which has to be either improvised or very carefully planned out beforehand if you absolute madman actually plan to use her in a campaign.

roll a d4, d12, or d50 plus an 'X' factor.

(this is for for regular encounters/missions, not for large scale plots like in worm canon)
You tell the dm what you are going to acomplish in that time. i.e free the princess, distract the guards, kill the cult's leader and so on.

the more specific or all encompassing the goal is the the larger the roll's x factor will become at the DM's judgment.

'kill the guards' would be a d4 roll and you would make it +1 to be stealthily.

'Influtrate the prison' would be a d12 roll. and each extra condition(like 'bring this player along' or 'sneak our weapons inside') will be add '+2' to whatever you roll.

you can stop following the path at any moment and make a new path/do regular actions at literally any time.
With this bitch of a system i feel you'd be able to play using a greatly nerfed depiction of contessa that can still feel very simular to the real deal.

i'm not going to even try and think of a way to incorperate contessa's long term path to victorybecause really contessa starts being the dm.

for a 1st draft off the top of my head i think it looks like shit but could be good enough to function.

The number that you get is the amount of turns it will take for you to pull something off.

That's... Surprisingly viable. The question isn't whether you win, because you do - the question is how you manage your time. Interesting approach.

In GURPS... Cosmic Visualisation (which allows you to model your future actions and gain bonuses to do them) combined with precognition and lots of Reliable (making it give ridiculous bonuses), which only suffers significant penalties against taboos or things that the space-whales don't understand, such as magic.

There are other things that could be added, like Serendipity or just straight Luck, but Visualisation is essentially the basic form of her power.

This is really neat, great job.

Long term / large scale plans could be done by making them happen off screen, perhaps with periodic updates when an appropriate amount of time has passed like
>"I want to install a new dictator in this third world country"
>25% (you have made contact with and joined the local rebel forces)
>50% (rebels are getting outfitted with better gear, the citizens are getting unruly after propaganda was spread against the current leader)
>75% (open protests in the streets, your rebels are assaulting key locations of power)
>right before it's done, (the former dictator is kneeling before you, you have a gun in your hand)
each time giving them the chance to interfere, though I doubt it would be very fun for a player to just sit idle while stuff is being done for them.

I guess it could also be done by making long term things happen between sessions though that means the player can't interfere if something doesn't go like they want it to.

Maybe just implement a restriction that magic is a blindspot and invisible to the path and that whoever is actually playing her will run the risk of getting their ass kicked from seemingly out nowhere when they attack somebody who just happens to be wearing a magic necklace.

Weaverdice already exists, user.

Always suceeds at all rollls, as long as there are no influences which counter her power. Simple as that. Normal human attributes aside true enough, walking plot device, However it's awesome how fucking strong mental powers can be in actual combat. stat number man instead, THAT would be interesting

yes! Stat the numbers man!

With some restrictions Contessa's power could be pretty cool for street level campaigns.

I'm thinking Thinker headaches on overuse and either the path getting more unrealiable and vague with each additional step it takes or having a set amount of "reliability" that gets divided between each step so short paths have well described steps while longer ones require more mental work to figure out what the space whales are telling you to exactly do.

How is Weaver Dice nowadays anyway?
I hear it's still getting updated, is it somewhat playable?

Just imagine trying to fight a fucking thinker. Going up against an utterly superior mind. An enemy who is aware of what you are doing, what you are going to do, who has access to the working of your mind, No amount of superpowers will save you. Doesn't even have to be Contessa or number man tier. Tattletale, Skitter and Jack Slash are already able to just murderfuck pretty much every single opponent aside from the most powerful Thinkers, Tinkers and Trumps despite not having -that- much raw power. All just due to the fact that they have knowledge they have now business having access to

Punch them in the face until they stop moving.

Number Man's power is so broad though, I consider just making it "roll x dice x to do anything but everything a fuckton easier because you already calculated how to do it in the most efficient way".
This just needs the player to be creative enough to not just use it for generally easier actions but also for more otherwise improbable stuff like running on walls or jumping off a tall building and landing without getting hurt.

Why did he leave Slaughterhouse 9 anyway?

good luck trying to hit them. Or getting a chance to in the first place. Or not getting convinced not to attack them.

And it's fucking terrible.

>STAT ME!

>Actually links to a description.

Jesus Shit. Thank you user.

Gold star.

>opinions
It's a fun homebrew. Nothing more notable, nothing less. It's still being updated and is far from finished.

You know, I'm not sure if they ever explained it. I imagine he either got a better offer or decided he didn't like Jack's style of management. Jack's kind of boring.

Reminds me of how you resolve conflicts in Nobilis. That's more a bidding system, but its a similar principle.

Tattletale is fairly easy to handle. just wear earplugs. I already fucking hate her and nothing she could say would prevent me from decking her in the face.

The best way to kill Jack is to give a normal special forces team Tinker tech armor and weapons. Really, the Tinker tech is optional, they'd have a decent chance of killing him with normal gear too. His power really only works on Parahumans.

What makes Skitter terrifying is her bugs.

>worm.wikia.com
>Worm is a web serial written by
Check please.

I'l pay you the point with Tatletale. Without her mouth she's just a nuisance. Jack certainly thought so.

The problem with Jack is, he's a sneaky little shit who surrounds himself with people who can handle normals, and handle them extremely well. So to deal with Jack you first need to get him away from his little gang, and if you try and take them out first Jack will run to his bolthole. Nuking the area would take him out easily, but that might just piss Bonesaw and Crawler off. And the thing with normal gear working is, Bonesaw's modifications are definitely something else. A grenade might do it. Concentrated fire might do it. But that requires him to be out of his bolthole, in such a way that his buddies can't possibly help him. Good luck with that scenario. I'd like to hear how you can organise it. Interesting thought exercise.

Yeah, that's the thing. People look at the bugs, and don't consider the secondary power of 'superhuman multitasking.' It's expressed through the bugs, but Skitter is capable of micromanaging her swarm pretty much perfectly while carrying out a conversation. As long as the swarm fits in her radius she controls it. Each and every little insect is controlled individually, that's staggering when you think about how many insects she needs to be effective.

Perhaps he decided that he wanted to help stop the end of the world. Or he figured out Jacks secondary power, got scared, and fucked off by joining pretty much the only faction who would be able to protect him from getting hunted down by the S9. Or Contessa decided that Cauldron needed him, and used her power to convince him to leave.

He's working for cauldron because contessa made him.

It's possible he simply wanted to do greater things than be King's bodyguard. And what greater purpose is there than to strike down a God?

How point expensive would it be to create pic related in Mutants & Masterminds?

I saw some rules for projections sometime and they don't seem that expensive but the part about her being literally an unstoppable force gives me doubt it could be done without a ridiculous power level.

I find that thing kinda cute

The Siberian looked like a regular monochrome striped teenage girl, not some weird monster.

Ok, I ked'd.

A similar concept is in a tabletop game I'm working on. Success is guaranteed most of the time, but having the time to do it is not

Flavor of the Month Bullshit/10

It's been a flavor of the month for a couple years now.

Explain more?

>The problem with Jack is, he's a sneaky little shit who surrounds himself with people who can handle normals, and handle them extremely well. So to deal with Jack you first need to get him away from his little gang, and if you try and take them out first Jack will run to his bolthole. Nuking the area would take him out easily, but that might just piss Bonesaw and Crawler off. And the thing with normal gear working is, Bonesaw's modifications are definitely something else. A grenade might do it. Concentrated fire might do it. But that requires him to be out of his bolthole, in such a way that his buddies can't possibly help him. Good luck with that scenario. I'd like to hear how you can organise it. Interesting thought exercise.

Honestly, I was talking about Jack on his own. Putting other capes into the mix changes the game significantly.

>Yeah, that's the thing. People look at the bugs, and don't consider the secondary power of 'superhuman multitasking.' It's expressed through the bugs, but Skitter is capable of micromanaging her swarm pretty much perfectly while carrying out a conversation. As long as the swarm fits in her radius she controls it. Each and every little insect is controlled individually, that's staggering when you think about how many insects she needs to be effective.

Without the bugs, she's got some powerful multitasking but that's it. Sure, she could use it to probably simulate a computer within her head, but she never figured that out in canon.

How would you even begin to stat Coil?

His power seems so out there I feel like even a system like M&M doesn't have anything that could be used to emulate it without homebrewing.

Precognition, but it locks him into one of the two predicted timelines (his choice)

Okay, so her power is, in-universe, 'whatever the plot needs it to do'. Literally.

Coil is fairly easy. I would say it's similar to divination in DnD 5e or advantage. Basically you roll 2 sets of whatever dice system you're using, and choose the best result. Can't use it for like, a round afterwards, but that's the only thing.

If you want complicated, have it be like a thing he activates. The player describes what he does in both, and then the GM tells him where things are going. So player chooses the one he likes the most.

>What makes Skitter terrifying is her bugs.
No, what makes Skitter terrifying is her effective omniscience within a block. If there's a bug there, she knows or is capable of knowing everything that's going on. If she can get one on you (fleas are basically unnoticable if they're being chill) then she knows where you are at all times. If she gets a couple on you, she can outright read your movements. It's an immensely useful sensory power, and pretending it's weak is just silly.

If it is possible for an ordinary woman to win, she will win. If there is something she can say which will convince someone to do something, she will say it and say it perfectly. If something requires the most precise timing, exact movements and BS luck, she will have it.

her power is to "achieve the desired outcome as long as there is any way for her to physically do so".