Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Remember to join /pfg/'s latest fluffy tail anime ERP game! app.roll20.net/join/1813269/NClvMw

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Broken Shackles Playtest: app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/59701/broken-shackles-test-play
Creation Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1kitAB8sHgmuD3fvOMuI_KyV_dxpO2wrxQmbnCoRgglA/edit#
Avowed Playtest: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Malefex Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

paizo.com/threads/rzs2twzb&page=2?Forrestfire-Studios-A-new-company-a-unique#89
pastebin.com/aZNdthdc
paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/advancedRaceGuide/ageHeightWeight.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What is middle age for Aasimar? This chart cannot be right. RIght?

Hey /pfg/, rate my homebrew archetype

Blessed Sneak (Unchained Rogue Archetype)

Class Skills: A Blessed Sneak gains Knowledge (Religion) as a class skill. This explicitly stacks with any other archetype ability that modifies a rogue's class skills.

Spellcasting: A Blessed Sneak casts divine spells drawn from the Cleric spell list. A blessed sneak can cast any spell they know at any time without preparing it ahead of time, assuming they have not yet used up their allotment of spells per day for the spell's level. They learn, prepare, and casts spells exactly as an Inquisitor does, including the number of spells known and the amount of spells they can cast each day.

This ability replaces the rogue talents gained at 2, 6, 10, 14, and 18, and explicitly stacks with any rogue archetype that modifies rogue talents so long as talents at those levels are still availiable to be given up.

Domain: At first level, a Blessed Sneak selects a single Domain availiable to their god. They add the spells of that domain to their list of known spells when they become able to cast the level of a specific spell. At fourth level, they gain access to that domain's base power, and at twelfth, they gain access to that domain's level 8 power. They may choose subdomains as normal.

This ability replaces the rogue's finesse training and debilitating injury class features.

Think so? Should I drop it to just debilitating injury?

has anyone here done an afterlife campaign?

Aasimar are old, user. If you want to play a young Aasimar grab Scion of Humanity. In fact, grab Scion of Humanity anyways so you can receive buffs. Then you're basically a human.

Shitseeker general is off to a great new start it seems. Anime animal pedophilia in the OP, it's like I'm really at the Paizo forums!

It's a good thing that your behavior has convinced Sushimoot to ban these threads once and for all.

That's not the age category chart, that's the chart for what age classes would generally start at, given the nature of their class.

Like a Sorcerer is Intuitive, since it just comes to them, while a Wizard is Trained.

Planescape?

I was trying to make a DILF Oradin for the RotJR campaign and apparently I dont even need to take immortal spark.

Reminder to everyone that the Avowed updated today!

paizo.com/threads/rzs2twzb&page=2?Forrestfire-Studios-A-new-company-a-unique#89

>DILF Oradin
Can't wait.

So I finished draft one of Ricktor Watt, the 'NToRacle'.

pastebin.com/aZNdthdc

He is not nearly as bad as people expected him to be, I toned him down quite a bit. Admittedly if he blows all of his once a days he can get a really high check, but he isn't consistent on that.

Aasimar age at the same rate as humans
paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/advancedRaceGuide/ageHeightWeight.html

i mean immortal spark probably shouldn't exist anyways

>+8, 5, and 3 saves
>bad

Stop making every PF thread with shitty animoo pictures.

I see you're back. All we need is Reifag and we'll get the party started.

If he uses a counter or unbreakable gambit they go up to 10/7/5. If Branded gets approved it'll be 10/7/7 at level 5 (which is a little far off I gotta say).

Dude nice! XDDDDD

>paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/advancedRaceGuide/ageHeightWeight.html
Yeah, I'm gonna call bullshit on that chart, at least for aging effects. A dhampir wizard can literally start past their max age.

...I'm playing a Paladin and I'm at 8/7/6. I can bump that up a bit, but that's with 3 good saves, which he doesn't even have.

He he actually handles saves is that in emergencies he can give +8 to saves 3 times per day, and +4 2 times per day.

Honestly I'm thinking I have slightly warped perceptions when it comes to this because I consider this on the low end for optimization when given gestalt and I am realizing I'm out of the norm.

Jonas Paran
LN Human Male Lore Warden/Slayer (Level 3)

18 Str
13 Dex
14 Con
14 Int
12 Wis
10 Cha

CMD 23
CMB +11
AC 16 - +2 Dex +4 Chain shirt
Touch 12
Flat 14
HP 28 - 10+2 level one, 6 average+2 con levels 2 and 3
+4 Fort
+5 Ref
+2 Will

Large bastard sword:+6 to hit, 2d8+6 damage

24 total skill ranks

Feats:
Shield of Swings (Fighter)
Power Attack (Bonus)
Cleave (Human)
Combat Expertise (Bonus)
EWP (bastard sword) (Fighter)
Pushing Assault (Slayer Talent)
Deft Maneuvers (Fighter 2)
Powerful Maneuvers (Level 3)
Deadly Aim (Bonus)

Sneak Attack - +1d6 damage
Track - +1 (1.5 rounded down) on Survival checks to follow tracks
Bravery - +1 on Will saving throws against fear
Maneuver Mastery - +2 CMB and CMD

Is this a viable build for RotJR? What traits should I take? What should I spend my remaining 2700 gp on (besides RP items)? Should I take Armor Expert to reduce my ACP to 0 or just get the mithral shirt instead? I'm attempting to make a skill monkey type character who is still a good combatant.

Yeah you're going a teeeeeeeeeenny bit overboard there dudeski.

At least he's not doing a 2hu build.

enjoy getting outdone by initiators

What's a 2hu build aside from "any build I don't like"?

I'm literally too stupid to understand how PoW or spellcasting works

It's gestalt, I'm actually not getting how other people aren't on this level unless they're purposefully making their characters weak. Which I understand is a style, but still.

Or playing stuff like Samurai/Monk gestalt, that would make sense. Admittedly I'm a tier 2/3 gestalted character. Kruger was tier 3/3. However in the pure numbers game that doesn't mean as much.

I already shaved a lot off the top. Not sure if I want to push it down lower.

I mean, I built for concept first, optimization within that concept; it's how I ended up with 1/6/7 saves on a level 3gestalt character, 18 HP, no counters or anything, but he has decent ac and a fair number of spells to back him up, plus his ability to do combat maneuvers is huge; I don't feel like I'm *not* optimized, but I feel like I"m not as optimized as what you are posting is.

Suddenly stormwind comes out in full force.when gestalt is concerned.

Not to mention 70 people, of course their going to have different levels of optimization.

I dunno, I'm just going for what's fun rather than power dude.

Like, Cybersoldier on Gundad pushes DOWN his gun damage, since Cybernetic Combat only applies to guns if they're implanted.

Makes him hurt like hell when he whacks you in the face with his rifle-butt though.

Really I just liked the concept of a monk with divine magic so i did Sacred Fist|Monk.

It doesnt have to be good, it just has to be fun.

How do you end up with a +1 fort save at level 3 in gestalt unless you're deliberately making it a weakness?

You choose what's fun in a gestalt, not necessarily what's the most effective. Do you really think hitting someone over the head with a book is optimized?

But you could take anything something else with other than Monk and lose none of the flavor.

Since Sacred Fist is already a Monk. You get unarmed strikes, you get flurry, you get Ki.

The two classes you picked just happen to have bad fortitude saves?

>get unarmed strikes, you get flurry, you get K

I went Master of Many Style + Iron Mountain Monk. Then Sacred Fist gives me back flurry.

I thought about it ahead of time dude.

>You choose what's fun in a gestalt, not necessarily what's the most effective
What if what I think is fun just so happens to be the most effective?

What said; bad fort on both sides of the gestalt, and not really enough room for constitution higher than 10.

It's pretty true. Though I have to ask, how are you going to deal with the fact that you'll be sickened every time you lie?

For RotJR? You have PoW and SoP available. Even against the people who aren't optimizing hardcore you're still going to get shit on.

Look, I've got Song Lilin. Combat starts, she wins initiative with +1 Dex, +2 Outlander (Exile), +4 Silver Crane Waltz. She moves and attacks, hitting on an 8, and dealing 22 damage on average with an Animus Boosted Spark Strike. That means more than half the time you're down to less than half health in one attack. She has 20 AC with Silver Crane Waltz, so you hit less than half the time, and deal 13 damage on average. If you study you can boost that a bit, but she can still handle it.

I thought I was too stupid for it too. Just try, PoW is a lot easier than it seems.

Nobody's saying that a well built character can't be RPed well. We're saying that he's making an optimized character that needs a convoluted backstory to justify itself.

Well then that's fine, but don't imply the opposite is wrong.

It's not like having a bad save in gestalt is some kind of sin against god and man and all things holy.

>We're saying that he's making an optimized character that needs a convoluted backstory to justify itself.
How is "I was a street thief that got cursed" convoluted?

Then you have a very warped sense of "fun" if what you think is fun can only be what is very effective. You know how to tone it down, don't you?

Fucking Christ, and people use this in normal games? I thought PoW was supposed to make martial good at things besides hitting shit real hard?

>It's pretty true. Though I have to ask, how are you going to deal with the fact that you'll be sickened every time you lie?
Never tell a lie is the plan unless I'm in dire circumstances. Part of his backstory is he made a promise as a child to Ameiko that was very far reaching and it is still in effect. A large part of his life is centered around a foolishly made promise as a child when he did not understand what was going on yet. The fact that if he goes against it he becomes physically ill is a big reason he is as warped as he is.

>Then you have a very warped sense of "fun" if what you think is fun can only be what is very effective
No, I'm saying what about the guy who's play style also happens to be the most effective. Not because it is the most effective.

>not really enough room for constitution higher than 10.
See, normally if you're optimizing at all, you'd have AT LEAST a +1 constitution modifier, probably +2. Doubly so if you have a bad fort save.

It does... sort of.

But it also makes them good at hitting things hard with zero effort.

So if you put in effort, it snaps things.

Well, I need dex to reliably do my combat tricks, intelligence as my casting ability modifier on both halves, wisdom to make use of my psychic class features because that's my phrenic pool ability score, and strength to have a carrying capacity worth a damn until we can score a bag of holding since I need a fair amount of gear, and to add to my CMD because I'd hate to fall victim to my own tricks.

Oracle isn't just some dude that got cursed. It's a divine vessel, and with spirit guide and dual cursed it's a divine vessel that bonds with ghosts and has some real freaky shit going on. And that's not even the other side of the Gestalt.

It's not that it makes the good at other things, it's that it lets them do more in combat than move and swing.

To be fair, that's a gestalt, which means the bar is placed a bit higher, maybe by 5 points or so in any direction.

You could probably afford to drop Strength and ask someone else nicely if they can carry the gear.

It's like when all your bros happen to be OU in pokemon, despite first liking them before the notion of competitive tiers existed.

Well it encorages you not to dump mentals, so you're skills aren't trash.

And it gives you inbuilt modes of dealing with certain enemies without relying on plot, casters, or items. Leaving room for interesting effects.

Side effect is you splatter anything
>Oracle isn't just some dude that got cursed
You know refluffing is a thing.

Gonna be honest DHB's back stories don't sound bad, just kind of dark.

You know refluffing can be taken too far.

Yeah this really isn't one of those cases.

Oh, yeah, sure. I've got a few different pages saved. Would have posted this earlier, but I just noticed this request.

I think it's kind of dumb, but OK, I'll try it.
So if I use Shield of Swings to get a shield bonus to AC, does that count as a shield for Iron Tortoise?

That being said we're putting fluff into his mouth.

Nah, you have to be actually wielding the right weapon to use weapon-locked discipline maneuvers.

No, a shield bonus is not a shield.

You sound like my GM who's throwing at us the DMPC with +31 reflex at level 9, tanking with his muscles by getting str to reflex and AC instead of dex and telling us to step up our game.

I just wanna have fun man.

>hating the brutal slayer
I want paizoshills to leave

Is this bullying?

How to make effective gunblade-user with PoW?

>guns
>effective
And you want it to be a blade too?

Any build that ruins PoW and SoP and gives them a bad name.

Shit. I don't really know what discipline to pick then
Also, Myrmidon uses Wisdom and gets rid of a feat, which is annoying. Plus it adda a lot more book keeping.

That's actually really weak for PoW gestalt.

And NToRacle doesn't do that. His PoW stuff is actually on the weak side.

So any build I don't like or forces me to admit my favorite subsystems may not be as balanced as I think they are?

Is it bad that I'm determined to play 1pp only RotJR?

I mean i asked the GM for the Pre-erata Warpriest | Monk Wis to AC combo and he said yes, but that only helps out in the early game.

>ruins
That's subjective.

I realize I can go Warlord||Bard for more power, but that's not what I'm looking for. She has decent damage, good defenses, a nice couple of skills, and flavor and background that I'm happy with.

Not really. That really depends on how the GM changes the module and encounter balance around.

You're not even using a damage stance.

>all this talk of high op gestalts for games
>tfw you're worried you might be too high op, so you actively tone shit down.
>tfw you still feel the call of the optimizer
I just want to use Mithral Current, Riven Hourglass and use a custom reach weapon to get out of taking a feat.

You're ruining PoW if you go Broken Blade/Primal Fury/Scarlet Throne bullshit for sure.

I know that feel.

And it's really tough for me because if I do take a certain dip I become too strong, if I don't I become too weak.

The damage stance I have is Elemental Nimbus. It's 3, maybe 4 damage on hit. Silver Crane Waltz gives me a bonus to AC, Initiative, and Reflex saves.

>ruining Path of War
>by using some of the most common disciplines in the game.
Maybe that's because Path of War is unbalanced, and that's fine. I think it still does more good things to the game than bad. Same for Spheres.

Hey folks, total newbie to Pathdinder, and I have a newbie build-assistance-request!

I am planning on playing a Sorcerer in my friend's game set on the mtg plane of Ravnica. I've convinced him to let me play a mad Social scietist. I want to use that awesome Rakshasa Bloodline, and have all the social bonuses and wierditudes I can get. What spells should I take if I want to do this best? Any Combat coveralls I should take (preferrable from the Corebook and ONLY from Paizo stuff)?

>ruining
>bullshit
There's that subjectivity again.

I'm going BB/PF/ST!

Because that's where most of the good combat maneuver maneuver maneuvers are at.

>core-only pf
Why even bother. 5e is almost strictly better at that point.

Doesn't 5e also literally have a fluff book for playing in Ravinica too?

So, I've decided that I'm going Myrmidon, Lore Warden/Stalker instead, is Scarlet Throne any good? What does it mean when it says Boost, Stance and Strike? What can I pick?

Explain how Steel Flurry Strike is good for the game?

I'm confused, NToRacle isn't a spherecaster. What PoW stuff does he use that's broken?

>i still think it does more good things to the game than bad
I recognize the PoW has bad shit in it.
This is just descending into general PoW shitposting.

Hey DHB, I'm Razmiran Priestess' person, and I was wondering if you could help me out, maybe?

>no love for Mithral or Riven
Someone doesn't like going fast

Everyone seems really concerned about his back story and how it fits.

I could explain.

The only things I am refluffing are:
>Branded isn't a brand, and is instead a large birthmark
>Rich parents is money he stole

That's not me. But yes, I can help you. What advice do you need?

Scarlet Throne is really good if you're using one weapon. Otherwise not really.

A Stance is a passive effect. You can have one Stance on at any time and it doesn't wear off.

Boosts are special things you can do. Most of them are swift actions, and you do something like reposition yourself.

Strikes are special attacks. You attack using special rules as detailed by the attack, for example making a skill check instead of an attack roll.

There are also Counters, which you use when certain conditions are fulfilled, like being targeted by an attack.

You have two lists. Maneuvers known and Stances known. Stances are Stances, and Maneuvers are Strikes, Counters, and Boosts.

Scarlet Throne is great if you're going with a single weapon, usually one-handed such as a longsword. Boosts are swift actions that improve your abilities for usually a turn, although some boosts keep you improved for longer or do stranger things. Stances are always-active abilities that give you a passive benefit, such as "increase your dodge bonus to AC" or "all attacks you make add extra Fire damage"; you can only have 1 stance active at a time. Strikes are standard-action attacks that let you hit something and usually either make it easier to hit, or have a rider-effect upon successfully hitting. Counters are immediate-actions that you can use on other people's turns, usually to avoid an attack or otherwise make it harder to hit you or an ally.