How would you play an adventurer without legs?

How would you play an adventurer without legs?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oYYbvzz4RsU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'd be stumped

The gimmick wouldn't be worth being an annoying handicap on the other players. So I wouldn't.

Unless the setting allows for robotic limbs or other advanced prosthetic replacements.

/thread

>How would you do this painfully retarded thing that you would never do?

-4 squares of movement

Cut her arms off and I'd fuck her.

Don't judge me

Don't

i'm judging you, user.

pretty sure it's worth 10 karma points in Shadowrun. A bit fuzzy on GURPS, but it has this as a disadvantage too.

who needs legs when you have friends? spellcasters work better from above, anyways.

Inside a suit of powered armor? I'm sure GURPS can do it.

Whats so retarded about it? There's classic tales about martial arts masters missing limbs

Very carefully.

>There's classic tales about martial arts masters missing limbs
A limb, maybe.

>liking ink

Objectively shit taste

They have magic or psychic powers or something, and a minion who's prepared to carry them. The minion might be replaceable with a party member if said party member really likes the idea and wants their backstories to be intertwined.

yes

What's retarded about it is that you're incapable of accomplishing a task that is incredibly simple and easy for fucking everyone to do and at the same time something that is fucking important that you be able to do.

I'd travel everywhere with a mini-hot air baloon backpack, operated by a fire spell I renew every 24 hours.

Psion with a lobotimized hobgoblin manservant.

Animated/Power armor

If it's a sci fi setting then I have prosthetic legs better than the real thing.

If it's fantasy then I have golem legs or magically regrown limbs or I float around or some shit.

If neither of those are possible then I'm retarded and your thread is bad.

Quick question: wouldn't a legless rogue would be above average in trap finding/disraming as most pressure plates that would be set for average human weight won't activated?
Make it a legless hobbit maybe.

In a fantasy setting: have a squire to roll me around in a wheelbarrow while I joust enemies with my lance.
In a modern setting: wheelchair with a CETME Ameli mounted in each arm rest.

>How would you play an adventurer without legs?
Persistent Tenser's Floating Disk.

to be fair, psions don't actually need their bodies
you could suspend a psion's brain in a jar and he's still be fully functional
heck depending on how strong a jar he may actually be more effective

Like pic related.

Same way as that one elf from the Lord of the Rings.

Sitting down, probably.

>make warlock
>all points in shootan magics
>become the barbarians close fire support backpack

"come dropthewindow we'll show them what for"
"sure thing wheat"

Tenser's Floating Disc, Ho!

This, but personally I'd go with:

I'd be a slimegirl & just sorta glob around on a mound of goo.

Minsc and Boo stand ready

No. Maybe make it a quest to recover legs for an unfortunate player who has lost them during play, but if you lost your legs beforehand, unless you're a damn good adventurer (which if you were, you'd be able to afford replacements) that it's worth sending a bunch of newbies to get you a new set, you're retired.

I wouldn't.

+3 Floor Climbing

>Not even being curious of the sex

No user you're the shit taste...

Just buy new ones.

Make it a caster, or use some other mode of transportation.

Go thief-acrobat but pretend you're a commoner.

does it have a vagina? Because I want to fuck it

I've done this precisely once. She had cybernetic legs that she could detach as necessary. Most of the time she played like a character with legs, except occasionally she'd do something like walk over broken glass or a hot floor, or let them get badly damaged to save her own life, and occasionally she'd get screwed over by being unable to swim due to the weight.

10/10

It's a brave new world, where vibration and suction only cost a little extra.

How did the legless and otherwise disabled get around in antiquity and the middle ages? With war being more brutal/melee-centric and leprosy being a thing, there was no shortage of the legless. How did they get around prior to wheelchairs being invented?

And why did it take so long for Europeans to start using wheelchairs? They knew how to make wheels and they knew how to make chairs.

I want her to drag herself around on my hardwood floor leaving slug trails around.

Easy.

CARLOS!

>just sorta glob around on a mound of goo
Sounds kinda cute and it's an interesting "monster race" for a character, but otoh it just skips around OP's moronic concept but that's probably for the best.

I've played a psion without arms or legs. And actually wound up making a new type of elan out of her.
Not to mention the race of rabite people I did as a joke that actually became a thing in my group's shared settings.

Find an adventurer without any arms and form an unstoppable kung-fu super team.

youtube.com/watch?v=oYYbvzz4RsU

So, can someone just post a bunch of girls without legs everywhere and describe how these attractive girls are Veeky Forums? I mean, I wouldn't be opposed some some girls with some nice stumps, if you catch my drift.

Also, mecha spider made from a demon.

I'd just play a lamia. Technically no legs.

welcome to the blue board for /d/

There's also that I came up with the MEC troopers months before Firaxis even announced it. Setting is 100 years after a Bad End for X-Com, and the DM was iffy on how they fit in the setting until that particular part of the new games were revealed.

No. I'd just be hearing this in his voice in my head...

People carried them on mats or pack animals

Well, if you rich enough have your servant carrying you in a litter chair. And if you are poor, you can crawl on your stump near the temple for some alms, because there is no work you can do, and your family is probably not enough wealthy to feed you.

Fins to Feet spell certainly helps. Also another party member with lots of strength helps carry me around on occasion.
On the upside, the entire campaign is based across the Not! Pacific Islands so we're never to far from water.

Every week there's a canal, or a fjord, or...

>
at a guess I'd say the delay on wheelchair use is that wheelchairs aren easy to self-propel if you don't have light-weight but sturdy materials to make them out of (so, aluminium) and are a bugger to move around anyway if you don't have flat footpaths and ramps.

I mean, imagine using a wheelchair on a farm. Now make the chair and wheels out of wood.

For a very short time before stopping or dying.

Find a party member to help, duh.

Eh, a few limbs aren't really much of a problem when you have invisible psychic limbs I can use to walk around on.

as always, fpbp

>Burdening a party member with having to carry 80-ish lbs of human weight on their back
Great job making your party members fatigued as all hell.

Legs?

Where we're going we won't need legs to walk.

Some sort of constant levitation magic/psi power/whatever.

Fewer then you might think. Lack of anesthesia and antibiotics, and no understanding of the origin of disease meant recovery from an amputation was more than just some bed rest.

Look up the tables for carrying capacity. A high enough strength score and you'll barely notice the guy.

and to expand on that, if a limb is being removed due to severe gangrene there's a significant chance the patient is already vulnerable to or experiencing sepsis
jimmy rome's boner intensifies

I love Steel Ball Run but Johnny being able to ride a horse perplexes me. in horse riding your legs do most of the work controlling the horse. Maybe I just need to suspend my disbelief harder. (It's Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, my disbelief is in the clouds anyway, why not send it into orbit)

Dude this sounds amazing. Turn the tanky character into a literal artillery tank.

Why do people want to play these kinda things? Explain it to me. Please.
Hard mode: Explain it as not a fetish

Coming up with characters is fun and this presents a unique challenge. I don't think anyone actually plans on doing this.

Some of the fun is figuring out how to do it, and in a way that is also fun. It's a clear, distinct flaw that an otherwise powerful character has, that is distinctly and mechanically exploitable in case the narrative calls for it.
For Avara, it became linked to her telekinesis, and that she was able to remain confident in herself even when without her powers is a part of her character.
Another character, a cyborg with both legs and one arm replaced, was absolutely loathe to surrender them for any reason, including recharging them or to clean the attachment ports. Without her cybernetics, Subaru lost all of her confidence in being able to do anything, despite that she had a fully functional (and strong) arm.

>Missing limbs thread
>No one's posted that cute drawfag art about the chick with cyber limbs who gets tangled in the covers, you know the one

I expected better of you Veeky Forums.

I did it because it sounded cool. However, the thought of having sex with a legless person sickens me.

Wow you sure are a superficial asshole aren't you?

I assume I wouldn't want to have sex with you either.

XCOM is Veeky Forums related.

Alternatively, spiderbutt.

Don't worry, I don't let little things like that get in my way.

>Amputee fetish
0/10

Whoops, forgot to hit the 1 key.
I meant 10/10.

Sorry everybody, sorry.

>Defending shit tier fetishes

I don't though, if I did I would have tried to defend you're fetishes, faggot.

You don't need to be so angry just because you have a degenerate fetish

Says the guy who's so defensive about his own shit tier fetishes he lashes out at others blindly and without reason.

>Without reason
But user you're a degenerate, that's reason enough

Strapped to a horse or chariot.

Be a noble and start with a couple of hirelings.
Dump DEX.

Oh you.

A papoose strapped to the biggest guy in the party.

I'm sure it has been said already but I would play one with weaponized prosthetics. Bladed legs, legs that have guns installed on them, legs made out of a symbiotic parasite that can change shapes into weapons, you name it.

I have a non sexual fetish for weaponized prosthetics.

Well, just roll with it, I guess.

I'll just try to run with it I suppose.