Porphyrion edition

Porphyrion edition
Single Meltabomb sub edition

Old Thread >HHG FAQs
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

>Oct 16 White Dwarf
mediafire.com/file/zm71nli980zr97h/WhiteDwarf_Oct16.pdf

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Other new links
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww98.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fe6VFn2St%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww116.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fd2D2z8mF%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww110.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2F1USI8Urn%2Ffile.html
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!LoBA0bqS
www98.zippyshare.com/v/e6VFn2St/file.html

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2016/11/22/warhammer-40000-rulebook-final-faq/
www111.zippyshare.com/v/ubR1X6xt/file.html
youtube.com/watch?v=dotsOGOLOHY
1d4chan.org/wiki/Grimdark_Songwriting
youtube.com/watch?v=MhJfEhIKcmM
forgeworld.co.uk/en-EU/Iron-Hands-Legion-Tactical-Squad
forgeworld.co.uk/en-EU/Iron-Hands-Upgrade-Set
forgeworld.co.uk/en-EU/Iron-Hands-Legion-MKIII-Squad
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for one point meltabombs

Link to the new FAQ. Meltabomb units BTFO
warhammer-community.com/2016/11/22/warhammer-40000-rulebook-final-faq/

Can someone convert this(Taghmata Army List in epub) to pdf and post link here?
I can't convert it by normal converters(online and calibre), but i saw epubs like this converted to pdf, but I don't know how to do this.
www111.zippyshare.com/v/ubR1X6xt/file.html

We need somebody to make a pic to go along with the "pull a number and join the queue to use your meltabomb" meme.

This is a dark day indeed.

>they nerfed meltabombs in units
>I can still one shot a Spartan with a saboteur and Dynat

Always win

You know what? I like this FAQ, makes power fists and dreadnoughts have a place in the game instead of getting glanced to death in one round.

>Q: Do plasma cannons and other Gets Hot Blast weapons benefit from rules that allow them to re-roll To Hit rolls of 1? For example, a Clan Raukaan character wearing the Tempered Helm nominates a unit of friendly Devastators to re-roll To Hit rolls of 1 in this Shooting phase. These Devastators are all equipped with plasma cannons. Do they get to re-roll the Gets Hot roll if it comes up as 1?
A: Yes.

Good to know that prefered enemy still works on gets hot! rolls.

i sure hope this is the last hussar of 40 guns, so we can go back to needing mixed armies again
give WE a chance

Guess they're so used to fighting them that they can ration their fire a little better, keeping plasmas cooler.

>No more toe-in-rubble-for-cover for monsterous creatures

Suck it Mechanicum ! No more shall you get a cheap 4+ cover on your Thanatar because a pebble is hiding a part of its pinky toe ! Fire up the lascannons lads !

>hussar of 40 guns
huh?

Oh no, all the way down to 5++, what a nightmare

I could use printscreen and convert it to PDF from there, but that's gonna take a loooooooooong time as that means copying every single page individually

40k, but its been all gunline for the last 2 editions,

The bit I didn't understand was the Hussar part. What has this got to do with flashy cavalry?

Apart from Angel Exterminatus, (and Book 3, I suppose,) are there any good iron warrior books/essential reading?

Storm of Iron and all Mcneil's Iron Warrior stuff is pretty good.

Aaaaah!

How do you guys keep focused?

I want to paint and play all the legions, but there is not enough time or money!

FUCK

Asking again, how does a Spartan theme for World Eaters sound? Also, could I fluff it as a Warrior Lodge's custom?

Maybe, but I think it is a bit overdone.

Overdone as in overused? I haven't seen anything like it but is it fairly common?

Sounds good, they already have an official corinthian helmet

Worked for me

Looks great. Where did you get the helmet?

Thinking of using Anvil Industries chain-glaives as spears for the hoplite-type units.

Hey, if you pull it of well..no worries.

Probably just still triggered by 300.

Spartans do not stand for Freedom and apple pie, god damit! Think about the Helots!

I made it by lopping the bunny ears off of a Veteran helmet, and scuplting the crest with GS.

Western audiece is western, and doesn't like remembering slavery. It's not like it was President Leonidas, right?

I could maybe ally one of the human forces as Helot meatshields. 300 is a terrible movie factually, I can understand annoyance.
Ah ok. Im not confident with green stuff, I might grab some helmets and pick up some crest bitz though.

I think he meant last huzzah

Added "The Man who Sold the World", "Staying Alive" and "Life on Mars" (along with "Through Fire and Flames" and "It's Tough to be a God")

"It's Tough to be a God"
youtube.com/watch?v=dotsOGOLOHY

[Lorgar]
I can't lead, I'm not qualified
He told me He won't be deified
We were disgraced by the Ultramarines
[Kor Phareon]
Lorgar, what are you talking about?!
The Emprah forced us to our knees
But religion is a need
We'd better seek some gods other than him
[Lorgar]
Other than him? Other than him? Other than him?
[Khor Phareon]
Chaos gods!
[Lorgar]
I shall look for some gods
Tread where mortals have not trod
I will be enlightened, I'll surpass Guilliman
Need an object of devotion
Need a subject for psalms
[Kor Phareon]
It's a rather touching notion,
all those prayers and those salaams.
[Lorgar]
And who am I to bridle
if I'm chosen as their champion?
If they say that I'm their man, that's what I am.
What's more, if we don't comply
with the chaos gods' wishes,
I can see us being sacrificed or cursed.
[Kor Phareon]
You have a point, yes, that's very good thinking.
So! Let's seek gods!
The perks are great.
Emprah gone without a trace!
The Word Bearers should not be rebuffed.
[Lorgar]
Never rebuff, never rebuff Word Bearers' prayers, no Father!
[Lorgar and Kor]
We'll seek old Colchis' gods
but we should get some Primarch's nods,
"Count your blessings,
corrupt Horus",
that's their advice.
[Lorgar]
It's great advice!
[Lorgar and Kor]
Steal the Kinebranch Athame
[Kor Phareon]
And wound Horus!
[Lorgar and Kor]
Form a cult!
Fight on Davin,
and make his legion
take him to the Serpent's Lodge.
[Kor Phareon]
Don a supernatural habit
[Lorgar]
We'd be crazy not to grab it!
[Lorgar and Kor]
So sign on our legion for heresy...he-re-sy!

Come on man, you know 300 isn't a historical movie. It's a fantasy manly drama

What happend to melta bombs?

Duh, forgot the link
1d4chan.org/wiki/Grimdark_Songwriting

Cult helot meat shields sounds amazing.

All in all Spartans did care about freedom as long as it was theirs.

As they had their hands full with holding their position they DID try to keep the athenians from grabbing the other city states.

I know that feel.

That has just given me an idea for Ultramarines as Athens vs Word Bearers as Sparta kinda campaign. It would be like Grimdark Peloponnesian War.

What are your biggest projects you want to tackle?

I would love to do some MKII ultramarine Nemesis chpater guys, or grey word bearers.

I just want destroyers to work.

Sounds pretty fun!

I hope you habe a lot of BFG players, world conquering via space seems cool.

The FAQ said you can only use 1 per assault phase. WHich if it were an errata would have been fine, but then they quoted the BRB blurb about THROWING a grenade; despite the BRB going out of its way TWICE to tell you that using grenades in assault is NOT throwing that it is clamping as a MELEE weapon.(p180)

They quoted their own wrong rule and made it an incorrect FAQ instead of an errata.

>Ultramarines as Athens boylovers
user stop being so accurate
youtube.com/watch?v=MhJfEhIKcmM
>I just want destroyers to work.
Don't we all. Destroyers a best.

Does POTL only really work if you max out on Terminators and Vets, at the expense of things like artillery and tanks?

It seems if I only pick 2 vets that it's really easy to lose those VPs

>It seems if I only pick 2 vets that it's really easy to lose those VPs
Depending on your points range you should consider other rites. Example, the Delegatus' Chosen duty, Primarch's chosen, Maloghurst and the Reaping all turn Vets into troops, with verying provisions.

>Does POTL only really work if you max out on Terminators and Vets, at the expense of things like artillery and tanks?

I got no idea what you're talking about, Veterans in rhinos are cheap enough that you can have other things. Terminators on the other hand work best if you bring tons of them, they are expensive and limiting but that has nothing to do with PotL.

Really we should just start using house ruled point reduced destroyers so FW get the hint.

I mean vet tac pricing and like 50points for packs makes them decent, not great, but you dont hate yourself for taking them

Unless SW get some RoW that lets Vets or Terminators be Troops, I'll have to use PoTL to make room in my Elites. Damn my love of terminators and dreadnoughts!

Play fury of the ancients

Dreads as troops, termies as elites, shit'll be hardcore

Are there origins of Big E in Master of Mankind? And something about him when he was young?

If your enemy kills all your vets/terminators, they score extra points. So taking that two vet squad Troop tax and stocking up on other units means they're easier to get wiped out and giving your opponent more points. So user is clearly asking if the counter to such a thing is to take a lot of vets/terminators.

Forge Lord and Primus Medicae tax, though. I ain't got the characters.

Yeah pretty much

My go to is that I have 25 terminators on the table plus DT and HQ and if you kill them all, I'm probably done anyway.

Well, the Word Bearers variant are working a lot better.

And that's not even talking about auto-losing seizing the initiative, inability to take fortifications and each destroyed dreadnought giving the opponent victory points.

But why is he using PotL to just use two Tac Vets as tax? That sounds weird, you could be using any other RoW and still have two scoring Tac Vets, the point of the rite is to open up your elite slots and have a deadly troop choice in Tac Vets/Terminators and even if you take 40 Vets you still have enough points for other stuff.

It seems like too much worry for nothing.

Retcon time: tell me how you like it

There is only 1 lost legion now that still has the same mysterious circumstances of its censure

The other legion is now revealed to have been a loyalist legion that was present at the dropsite massacre and was completely annihilated to the last man, primarch and all.

Any remaining legionnaires either integrated with surviving legions or became blackshields. By the 41st millennium very few outside the astartes and higher positions of the Imperium know anything about them.

Shit/10, takes away from the other Istvaan legions and adds nothing while taking away mystery from the setting.

Considering that's essentially the Astral Claws backstory anyway, it's not all that bad.

And I think it highlights the tragedy of the loyalists at Isstvan more than just Ferrus dying

>killed to the last man
>any remaining legionnaires

what?

>Considering that's essentially the Astral Claws backstory anyway

How? The Astral Claws story is a cautionary tale about not paying your taxes, it has nothing to do with being annihilated by traitors.

But what about the Raven's 98 day flight, or the whole Vulkan lives thing? Istvaan was never Ferrus only

>killed to the last man
>completely forgotten
i feel like that would make 0 sense
for myself i'dd like to see ollanius pius be a regular dude again

I just want Laurie Goldberg fired.

Yeah, fuck giant immortal space mongs.

Emps did it for humanity, THEY were the tool to achieve his goal.

>falling for the Ecclechiarchy's Ollanius Pius lie

best bullshit the church ever came up with

He's been a real person for some time now.

Presumably the men present were killed to the last man and any marines not present went rogue

No he hasn't.
You're thinking of Ollanius 'Pius' Persson, who is the real person the story of Saint Ollanius Pius that the church made up to embolden dog troopers to walk into certain death, is based on.

I assume user means "not a perpetual." I don't think perpetuals are a good addition to the story, but they've been in the fluff for ages.

I didn't mean I would ONLY use 2 Vets. What I said was that you need to max out your troops, which ARE more expensive than your usual tac tax, and maximise it otherwise POTL just doesn't feel worth it.

At lower points, POTL means you forgo artillery and tanks for dudes because otherwise you lose dudes and VPs too quickly otherwise.

I've begun to convert it. I don't know if the final product will be of any use, since I've never done it before. I'll post it if it's good.

>or the whole Vulkan lives thing

I believe you mean VULKAN LIVES

>He actually believes chaosfucker lies
Has anyone got that 'down the slippery slope that is BL' pic?

LIIIIIIVES!

Vulkan lives matter

>Pius isn't real because the Ecclesiarchy didn't use his correct name

Well ok then.

So if I'm reading this new FAQ right I can only infiltrate units if they cannot be seen by enemy units? No more infiltrate 18" away regardless?

Reposting for great justice.

>Tac Tax
>Not using 2 20-man Tac blobs and a 20-man Assault blob

Mate do you even (half the Traitor Legions)?

And Ultrasmurfs.

I love tac blobs...or as IH with that right....Immortal Blobs!

Even SoH with reavers get a place as jump packs make them bulky.

Hol Beloth leading a WB force with lots of dudes, a Herald and a chaplain sounds sort of fun as well.

Nah, that's not what I was getting at.
Pius only existed as a motivational Saint who was said, thousands of years later, to have been at Guardsman who got inbetween Horus and the Emperor at the Imperial Palace.
In Bill King's fluff it was a Terminator aboard Horus' battle barge.
In Visions of Heresy it was a Custode.
In BL it's gonna be Ollanius Pius, on the Vengeful Spirit, for technically the first time.
BL's actually making it 'canon', it's just that making him a Perpetual devalues the story of the Saint. Which is actually fine because the story of the Saint is a church legend told to make Guardsmen walk into enemy gunfire. It's more 40K to have the truth be twisted by the church for grimdark purposes.

Fug off, muh humanity!

No, the bit of text about deploying 18" away in plain sight doesn't get replaced in the errata. You can still do that.

I'm going to use mk3 iron hands tactical(the FW kit) for my veteran tacs, and was thinking mk4 for my regular tacs, but I want them to stand out a little, any ideas for how to achieve that?

>regular tacs
>stand out a little
But why?

I want something to represent inviolate armour on the tabletop, something that represents their superior toughness to other marines

What's better for general AT, two squads of attack bikes with Multi-Meltas, or one squad of sky slayers with Multi-Meltas?

>negating current Pius' existence because of a several times over retconned fluff blurb from Rogue Trader

Be as mad as you want, the fact is that Pius is a real flesh and blood person in current year HH and what role he plays by the end of it we'll see when we get there.

Next you'll be telling me Russ ain't a primarch and we shouldn't believe all these lies about him being one, because this old fluff piece says he's an Imperial commander.

Coolnes?

Personally, since I will use a lot of tanks and my blobs as object grabbers and anvils..I will give them a lot of upgrades and the tac squad.

I like to spoil those machine men.

Ordering 10 torsos and heads means half of them, at least, will get upgraded.

cybernetics?

>It's more 40K to have the truth be twisted by the church for grimdark purposes.
I liked this, which is something we see in real life as well. Khornetrips says the truth

Vultarax

Go nuts
forgeworld.co.uk/en-EU/Iron-Hands-Legion-Tactical-Squad
forgeworld.co.uk/en-EU/Iron-Hands-Upgrade-Set
forgeworld.co.uk/en-EU/Iron-Hands-Legion-MKIII-Squad

Is a pair of 20-marine tac-blobs (with apothecary) any good, or will they just be deleted by phosphex-quads?

>Make a polite post about that finishes by saying BL have made Pius a real dude in current HH
>get accused of being mad and saying Pius isn't a real dude in current HH

Okay

ooh, when the rules get official, can iron hands using head of the gorgon take a vulturax in elites? that would be sicknasty

Quads they can survive, but Earthshakers, Medusae (and Whirlwind scorpius if you arent IH) won't care.
Damn.

b-but I p-play WS

Have you thought about Graviton Land's Speeders?

>Land's Speeders

I like you.

Thats why I put them in tonks.

>Cybernetic laughter intensifies.

:^)

Bikes or Storm Eagles.