Why do people play moralfags in RPGs?

Why do people play moralfags in RPGs?

Does anyone else find this interesting? Does it make up some inadequacy or insecurity in their every day lives? Are they simply emotionally and intellectually undeveloped and immature? Are these people a way to make a quick buck from bad writers who want to exploit their playerbase's childish hero complex?

>good is always simple
They just want to be the good guy. There is nothing more mature in neutral or evil characters than in good characters.
Also, a bad writer is a bad writer. They will make a bad character in all situations.

How are you defining moralfag?

Because 98% of fantasy works written in the past 35 years has been edgefag wank and I'm beyond sick of it.

Show us on the doll where the mean Cleric turned you, user.

Because being the edgy badguy gets boring.

Sometimes it's more fun to be a hero.

Yeah, this is really important.

This is written like bait, but I'll bite.

Yours is not the only intepretation of enjoyment in roleplaying games. Others have different tastes. Get over this fact and game with your fellow edgy folks.

Sometimes you want to be a big hero, and rule a kingdom justly, or settle down with your first love in your village of birth and start farming after saving the world.

The key concept is that tastes differ. I've always liked playing heroes. I've only had a single game in which everyone was of the same mindset. The majority of people I play with now are incredibly edgy and lolrandom. This causes a great struggle as the lawful good character either has to reign in the evil ones, or turn a blind eye which can easily ruin their immersion.

I've taken to playing neutral characters, so as to not ruin other players fun and to try and ameliorate my own obligation to treachery which appears common with my peers.

"I stab the scavenger in the face"
"I steal the jewels without the other party members noticing"
"I poison the kindly old womans tea, so my friends fall ill and think she did it"
"I spend 6 months undermining your 2 year campaign because I have psionic schizophrenia
undoing all your hard won diplomatic victories at the hour of your success because thats what my character would do"

Working together towards a common goal. Being a shoulder to support your fellow adventurers and raise them up to greatness... Why is this to be mocked? All I want to do is save the princess, and her kingdom and make sure none of my allies die in the process. Why is my fun less fun than your fun?

This

Normies avoid dark themes by nature. This fantasy is reflected in their entertainment. Think of the always preppy YouTuber personalities. HGTV. Food Network. Reality TV.

Normal people aren't searching for answers in #PizzaGate. That's why they're moralfags.

Nothing you said about good character players can't be said about evil characters, or any character with strong moral or even political beliefs

This is shitty Freud psychology

Yeah this. I don't know what went wrong but every fantasy setting I see these days is indistinguishable from each other because they're all the same shit-stained brown misery with god-powered villains who rape entire empires and never even get taken down.
Everybody likes to bitch about copying Tolkien. Tolkien was in one of the worst conflicts of human history and wrote a work of intense hope and beauty. Most of these other fucks are pencilnecks who haven't seen shit and all they write of is squalor.

Only moralfags would find anything wrong about the elite enjoying a few perks afforded by their position to have a little diversion with children.
Look in the mirror.

It's called roleplaying, user. Playing a wide variety of characters with different personalities, standards and motivations will make you a better roleplayer. You should try it.

Did some Paladin stop you from stealing again?

>Normies avoid dark themes by nature
>They're eating up grimderp shit like Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead
Top zozzle

Normies love """""""dark""""""" themes you faggot, it's the more noble or lighter stuff they hate because they find them unrealistic, quaint, uninteresting or shallow.

>"I spend 6 months undermining your 2 year campaign because I have psionic schizophrenia
undoing all your hard won diplomatic victories at the hour of your success because thats what my character would do"
Post story mayn

Maybe because they think it's fun.

Why do people play edgelords in RPGs?

Does anyone else find this interesting? Does it make up some inadequacy or insecurity in their every day lives? Are they simply emotionally and intellectually undeveloped and immature? Are these people a way to make a quick buck from bad writers who want to exploit their playerbase's childish assholishness?

Being a cunt just gets old.

GoT and Walking Dead are dark?

>Why do people play moralfags in RPGs?

I assume you talk about actual cCRPG, not tabletops. Because in tabletops, far more people play non-good character (or chaotic randumb) than really a decent person willing to suffer for the case.

In cRPGs, often - even wanting to attempt heroics involves being good, rewards are better, everyone likes and admires goodie two-shoe character providing ego boost to the player and most obvious and simple good choices almost never have negative consequences or make third party suffer because, you know, they're good and simple.

>Why do people play moralfags in RPGs?

You tend to get better XP rewards and treasure.

First, what do you mean by "moralfag?"

Its a long story and I am not very good at writing them.

Do you really want me to tell this story?

Probably people that have badwrong fun by not murdering everything and never talking with the NPCs.

Why do people play CE murder/bonerhobos in RPGs?

Does anyone else find this interesting? Does it make up some inadequacy or insecurity in their every day lives? Are they simply emotionally and intellectually undeveloped and immature? Are these people a way to make a quick buck from bad writers who want to exploit their playerbase's childish angst?