>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (ALWAYS ACCEPT RIDES FROM THE CLOWNS):
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/40K_The_Rules_v1.2_Nov16.pdf
warhammer-community.com/2016/11/22/warhammer-40000-rulebook-final-faq/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Do you mind badly painted models if you see that genuine effort went into it and bad results are maily because of inexperience/autism of the painter?

>painted

You've put infinity more effort than most players just with paint, so no.

I don't, but I am also a terrible painter.

Official BRB FAQs is A Little Different From the Drafts sub-sub edition.
warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/40K_The_Rules_v1.2_Nov16.pdf

That warms up my hearth. Thanks user

>Not including opdated FAQ
You useless ninny.

Can we not be rude please? This is a family board and we won't be having such foul language paraded freely and proudly. Learn some manners.

Also fuck the WIP thread, where you're expected to put on a song and dance just to show off a mini.
Sorry Camerafag, I can't afford a schmeckle 9000x with a wide-angle lense. I have to make do with my phone.

shut the heck up you cotton-headed ninny-muggins

i would rather play a terrible painted army, then some super cool forge world models in primer

>that feel when "ninny" actually seems more profane because it's used way less than faggot and nigger

>prime models in white
>drop loads of nuln oil all over it
>apply lazy coats of black to eyes, treads, weapons, bases

Does this please you now?

No idea what your picture looks like but a guess would be...
Grainy as shit from poor illumination, shitty colour balance due no baisy background, sideways and with 10% of the picture being the mini, 20% a grubby hand and 70% messy table.

Put the mini down, pop a sheet of paper/cardboard behind it, get some light and look at the picture before you upload, bonus points if you crop and rotate.

Okay semi-related, I have a question for you all.

Bit of background first: I used to do WH40k in my early-mid teens, before Warhammer money became booze money. Used to love it, but always thought it was a bit pricey.

Flashforward to now, 25 years old, in a very stressful job and need to pick up a relaxing hobby. I play vidya, guitar, and ride my motorcycle, but all of these things get me fired up rather than relaxed.

I actually looked at getting back into the modelling/painting side (which I was pretty good at) but holy fuck man, the prices. I ended up going in a different direction and picked up a bunch of Tamiya 1:35 model tanks instead.

The question is this: How in the hell can you justify how expensive games workshop stuff is? For example, a Leman Russ battle tank now costs £31, whereas a 1:35 Tamiya Panzer IV or STUG which is of comparable size (less chunky) costs less than half that?

The Tamiya kits are mid tier as far as modelling goes (Top tier goes to Dragon/Trumpeter, where price does become comparable with GW), but fuck man, there is so much more detail in one of these kits than a GW kit. How the bull fucking hell do they justify charging double for something with way less detail?

much more then the 90% black primed armies i face

Fucking exactly i have barely money to buy my models paints and such. Pic related my first models

>The question is this: How in the hell can you justify how expensive games workshop stuff is?

You can't. Thats why you shop cheap on eBay, buy a glass jar, some Simple Green, a toothbrush, and a Games Workshop painting starter set. Put those cheap .50c a piece Space Marines in the jar of SImple Green, wait 48 hours, wash that shit in the faucet, and voila you have a canvas.

I have the money and I like the minis.

I feel bad now, since my guys are just primed white or red, but I spent the entire time wanting to throw the one hellbrute I painted in a mulcher.

Building the models I'm fine.
Converting I'm fine.
But painting pisses me off so much.

I can spend two months scratch building a Typhoon for an Apocalypse game but I can't sit down and paint a hellbrute for a hour without wanting to rage quit.

Is $20 a fair price for the latest codex of a given army? I normally don't play or buy books but I don't want to be THAT GUY in the store if I ever decide to play again.

It's a shame really. The Leman Russ was just an example, because I think a lot of their monster models (particularly tyranids) are excellent, and a lot of imagination/creativity have gone into them (whereas with historic models, it's more about research and engineering a kit). They just seem determined to fuck over their customer base and treat them like idiots.

> People are buying bits from the 'bitz catalogue'? Fuck 'em! Lets make them buy entire kits instead, and pretend to ourselves that no-one is going to open up their own shop on eBay to part off kits!

I think it's a shame because as well as the social stigma of going into a GW (let's face it, there is), people are now having to deal with increasingly ludicrous prices. The business might fold in a couple of years.

I wish painting were simpler. By the time I apply that third pass of paint on something, I instinctively want to just say fuck thinning the paints I need my model painted fucking now.

The business won't fold because Games Workshop has a monopoly which survives on the economic nerdbone of one country. Whether or not you decide to buy their Imperial Knights for $150 is of no real consequence to them since they primarily cater to the people who are guaranteed to buy it for full retail price.

I know. I think the reason is because it's a S curve of effort vs reward.

I'll make a picture of what I mean if someone wants it.

I think the reason why T4/3+ isn't considered durable anymore is due to the advent of Hull Points.

Prior to HP, you had high S single shot weapons to deal with vehicles (Melta, Las canons, Missiles, Rails, ect). While these obviously could kill MEQ, you generally only lost one model with a few exceptions.

Thanks to hull points, those same guns aren't nearly as effective with melta being the prime example. Why? A single penetrating hit has a 1/6 chance to wreck the vehicle IF it's AP2. However, medium S high rate of fire weapons are far more reliable to kill armor because they only need to glance it to death.

Those weapons, even if they don't ignore MEQ armor, force many more saves, and offer a greater chance of losing models. It also creates a cycle of fuck:

>infantry needs transport
>need weapons to kill transport
>anti-armor also kills infantry
>repeat

Getting rid of HP only goes so far because then G/MCs pull even further ahead. I think the simplest answer might be to make it so that vehicles can't be glanced to death. As in, a glancing hit can't remove the last HP. Then, boost penetrating hits from S9/10 to maybe remove 2 HP, or even a d3 instead of a single.

This also has the benefit of nerfing haywire and to an extent Grav.

Exception for melta, not example.

This is what I mean.

>Planeta
i am ashamed to admit that i am only slightly above " i have spraypaint "

I feel like the middle is suicide tier.

You should have put effort on the x-axis you fucking mong.

I want to believe that I am slowly crawling away from the middle.

Iam only above spraypaint becuase i dont use spreypanint but when i get pissed of i just collect some thrash and make terain out of it using milk cartoon bottles and such. My local water bottle when cut and airbrushed with black and "rust" make mean ass water tank

Was the cadian battle group ever errata'd or can I still bring as many command squads and Tank Commanders as I want without Core choices?

Fuck

Thats is beautifull i love work on face thats when i struggle the most. Also that bolter

Thats 10 year olds tier. Thats honestly not something you ever want to confess to anybody as a semi-adult, even anonymously.

I dont want to fuck arount with airbrush that i just got on something that i care about

Maybe find a way to break up the reddish hues, red/brown/coppery gold tend to run together at a dustance.

Yeah, now it looks like after you put enough effort, you get practically infity quality.

i fucked up, refer to

>People are unironically believing anonymous rumours started on Veeky Forums with no images
Explain this?

Hey Veeky Forums. I got a friend who is huge into RP. And he want to try warhammer. Problem is where shoud i start him? He expreses interest in tau. Problem is that i dont know anything about space blue comunists. Any good place to start?

I want to believe Games Workshop will make Chaos great again.

>People
>Veeky Forums
satisfied?

Tell him to go read the lore for everyone and pick the faction he likes the most/hates the least.

He read up upon everyone. But he is too of a good guy so he is into tau because they are "good".

>satisfied?
No. Because it's on other sites as well. I called the guy out yesterday and now I'm up and shits plastered all over the net.

If you 'had the book' would you leak the psychic powers or Magnus's stats? That shit doesnt even have to be translated.

Thanks! I had trouble with faces, too, but a small brush helps. All I did on that was base it, wash it, and highlight, but I think it might be a little too bright.

The bolter was also really easy. All I did was edge it with grey then silver after I was done with the colors.

How do you mean? The scheme is supposed to be Order of the Bloody Rose.

Get him the Tau codex and the Kauyoun books for Christmas.

No one in 40k is "Good"

Sounds like you should get him into a 40k RPG before the tabletop.

warhammer-community.com/2016/11/22/warhammer-40000-rulebook-final-faq/

There's an FAQ/ Errata been posted 22/11/16, I don't know if it's a rehash or not

I would if I were a shiteating troll who wants to make Veeky Forums squirm for a week.

To be honest iam planing some dark heresy with him. And get him some books for chrismass. he is too busy to build and paint his army.

the link to the errata site has the updated FAQ on it. It's good

16 pages? Why can't Games Workshop just sell me a Google Home servobot that will just lecture me on how to play the game? I already had enough trouble memorizing the basic rulebook!

IIRC they usually feature blood red armour, black cloaks with white linings and black weapons.

While you are free to tweak the scheme I just think you'll lose *pop* seen at a distance.

Morally Good Tier:

>The Emperor
>Malcador
>Knights Errant
>Custodes
>Ultramarines (except for Sidonus)
>Raven Guard
>Salamanders
>The Lamenters
>Star Phantoms
>Gabriel Angelos and his Blood Ravens loyalists
>Farseer Eldrad
>Commander Farsight and friends

I'm probably forgetting some.

You don't need Kauyon, only thing it has that the Codex doesn't is Tidewalls. And you can just get Planetary Onslaught for those.

Mont'ka, on the otherhand...

whoops I meant Star Crusaders or whoever went kamikaze on the Oldcron Death Star.

>No eldar
Eldar masterace

The original did, yea, though I think the C:WH entry is slightly different.

I guess I could go up to white on the icons, and then up the highlight trim on the robes to a proper white as well.

>Star Phantoms
>Morally good

>"These warriors have gained a reputation for being indiscriminate in their use of the firepower at their disposal, inflicting massive collateral damage, to the point where the Lord Solar Macharius himself is said to have stated that the Chapter was "Unsuitable for tactical close support of other Imperial Units"

They also belive civilian casualties from collateral damage is the Emperors will.

It's your army, I'm infamous on WIP for showing colour theory and "proper" use of contrast down people's throats.

Show me units painted as though deployed during night ops.

If I sounded defensive, I didn't mean it. I'm legitimately open to ideas for improvements.

Shoving*

Prime black then turn off the lights

:^)

The changes sound solid, ive said mine, past one am here and I've 7 hours of extended first aid course tomorrow

Adjusting the lights is cheating. So is setting up a background. Pull it of with only color theory and basing.

Ah, alright man. Just did that myself. Have fun lol

Sup Veeky Forums, I posted in the 40k general a couple of days ago saying I was debating quitting and selling my Orks, as I hadn't had fun with 40k for a while, as I felt that I was going through the motions whenever i played.

I realized today what the issue is- 40k has no tactics beyond basic competency. There is no way to make a great tactical maneuver in 40k, there is only normal (good) decisions and mistakes. That's why the game had gotten so boring. Once you can either do mental math or simply get a good level of intuition, you should never make a bad play.

The whole game system is designed with so many factors that encourage there being no brilliant tactical decisions, just normal behavior and mistakes. The ability to decide what your units do without any interaction from your opponent, the randomization of so many unnecessary factors, all of it just makes the game play itself.

This makes the game, assuming both people have experience, be decided in the listbuilding phase. Combined with the massive imbalances in factions, it makes games predictable from deployment the vast majority of the time.

Thoughts Veeky Forums? Anyone want to buy an Ork army?

You're doing it wrong.
Pick-up games at X point value are good and all but you sound like you need narrative missions. Building to defend X objective, Hold X point at the end of turn Y etc are vastly more interesting. That said even kill points can be interesting unless your opponents constantly run the same tactics and list, Deep Strike and Monster lists are especially tactical and make for enjoyable matches

Thoughts?

Technically still legal

You're playing a game that can be decided at the 30k or 40k level with monetary investments. You can make the fluffiest HH Legion army you could possibly make within a $300 budget and all I have to do is drop a $500 Mastadon on your face. Sounds more like + need to find friends who will play this way.

Just find someone to play with who's willing to gimp their army for the sake of fun. You have to fall back on tactics when you're not able to optimize before the game is played.

>You can make the fluffiest HH Legion army you could possibly make within a $300 budget and all I have to do is drop a $500 Mastadon on your face

Yeah but who the fuck would want to play you? Seems like you'd be the one missing out on the fun.

You live in Seattle?
My T-Son army will fight you

'My fun' isn't whats on trial here. Whats on trial is 'your fun'. The problem is you're playing me, some WAAC asshole, when you need to play with other people who are willing to game as intended.

Pics of new 1K Sons models? Showing my buddy, he wanted to start chaos as his first but got discouraged til now

Its in the last thread towards the end of it.

If you posted that picture in the WIP thread looking for advice, I don't blame them for criticizing you. It's far too zoomed out to show any detail other than just colored blobs. You can get good results with a cell phone camera, like this model I painted for a friend. Didn't break out for a lightbox or anything but it's clearly visible.

But Mastodons are shit and are actively worse than literally anything else you could have stated

Whats that model?

I CAN DROP A MASTADON ON YOUR FACE

Agreeing with here. I took this picture using the lid of my wet palette as a backdrop, angling it correctly against my desk lamp, and snapping the picture with my phone.

That being said, a lightbox can really help when taking pictures of models, just need multiple sources of light. Pardon the cat hair, got two of the little fuzzy jerks and they like getting it everywhere.

Should I have the last 3 guys in my pathfinder squad have Ion Rifles or Rail Rifles?

Rail

Why not both (with the gift of magnets)?

So what do you guys think the chances are of us getting better Bezerkers in the new book? Also I hope the 48 Bezerkers I bought don't get outdated by new models in a month.

As much as I like the model of both (Rail Rifle is my preferred), you'll probably never use anything but markerlights with Pathfinders outside of kill team matches. That is, if you're going for WYSIWYG. Otherwise, rule of cool it.

>tfw have a Raptor with dual Lightning Claws, another with a Plasma Pistol and both my CSM Champions have Plasma Pistols too
Why are the pretty weapons so shit? I don't want to start hacking arms off but being 4 models away from 1500 point WYSIWYG passes me off

A custom Medic I made for a friend as a gift. I used parts from Dreamforge, Victoria and Statuesque miniatures. Here it is unpainted to give you an idea of what parts were used.

It's a kitbash of some sort.
Parts I can identify:
>Cadian torso
>Skitarii Ranger left arm and backpack
>Statuesque or Victoria head (not sure which)
>Witch Hunter right arm

Parts I'm unsure on:
>Legs of indeterminate origin, but the plate and tabard are definitely greenstuff from how crooked it is
>Assassin base?
>Servoskulls are all the same

confirm?

World Eaters are gonna give us some kind of Khorne fun and CSM don't get more Khorne than Bezerkers/Kharn

Thanks

It's gonna be annoying as hell when the world eaters chapter tactics don't roll over to KDK

Close. The plate and tabard are from Dreamforge Valkir, the legs are from Anvil Industries, the shotgun arm is Victoria Miniatures, base was 32mm custom made from terrain kit bits and the servo skull was made from Scion bits.