EDH/Commander General

Next Level Mono-Red Pillow Fort Tech Edition

Previous: >Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info

Other urls found in this thread:

magiccards.info/query?q=o:Whenever o:casts o:spell o:+1/+1 o:counter&v=card&s=cname
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/04-04-16-sisters-of-stone-death-edh/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/newzuri-counterplay/
listmoz.com/#FTKrt4jC5ShNflZyLy
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Sweet tits on toast, I think Psychic Surgery just made a new friend.

How do you feel about Arcanis in Yidris? He has a decent sized casting cost so he can cascade into lots of stuff, he can draw you cards, or you could bounce him and recast him for more cascade value

So this guy + eldrazi displacer is infinite mana and infinite tapped creatures for your opponents right?

I want that. Not because it is in any way a good card but because it'll be annoying as fuck to my friends.

Yes

that is supremely dank. Do it.

Any more creatures like this + managorger hydra?

why the fuck isn't he legendary?

Doesn't everyone have an Uncle Istvan?

magiccards.info/query?q=o:Whenever o:casts o:spell o:+1/+1 o:counter&v=card&s=cname

Not all of them are what you're looking for, but it's a good start.

Yup.

Because he was made when there was no legend type.

>check sisters of stone deaths edhrec page
>signature cards are basically just gorgon tribal

;_; is there a way to make them good?

Forced March is secret tech.

In general, you have access to the two best colors at ramping to absurd amounts of mana, which you're going to need to use. I'll see if I still have my list somewhere.

Here you go. It's hardly a perfect deck, but it's a good start.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/04-04-16-sisters-of-stone-death-edh/

Thanks! Looks sweet, I like it.

Every Oona deck I've seen so far has either been shitty fairie tribal or a cutthroat combo deck with all the tutors and fast mana rocks. Does anyone have a list for her that's viable without being degenerate?

No deck list but a guy i know runs a pretty good mill deck with her at the helm. kills mono or dual colour commander decks.

is there a way to simplify this combo?

What's the combo here?

Infinite library shuffling?

you can make someone shuffle their deck forever

You'll have to give out a -1/-1 counter first, so Blowfly Infestation will activate.

oh yeah i'm mixing undying with persist, oops

you control both triggers and can stack them however you want

Wouldn't you need a steady stream of -1/-1 counters in order to have Blowfly Infestation work as intended?

i think you could do it if you replaced blowfly infestation with Novijen Sages

>sac darigaaz's attendant
>use red mana to sac boggart forager
>floating 2 mana from attendant
>they come back, remove counters with Novijen Sages
>sac and repeat

INFINITE SHUFFLES until you mill yourself with draw and lose. i think there needs to be a dark ritual and an elixir of immortality in your deck too in order to make this work

Can confirm

Acknowledge her as the best general from C16
Flavorful, infinite combos, best colors.

Post underrated lands

>I play my commander, then attach Lightning Greaves to h-
>No you don't

if you gave an artifact protection from artifacts would it die?

It kinda blows my mind that Crypt of Agadeem is only 25 cents. Shouldn't every Bx deck run one? It's one of the best lands in my black decks, right behind Cabal Coffers and sometimes Nykthos

>no green
>need infinite mana AND infinite artifacts to combo off of her
>no green
>dies to artifact removal

and did I mention no green?

desu she's my favorite because of how fun her deck is but yidris is the best by some margin.

I strip mined a sol ring tonight. It wasn't the most optimal play but it got the job done I guess.

>if I put a Spirit Mantle on my own creature, do I kill it?

I hope that wasn't a serious question

What do you need green for when you have artifacts?

That's quite a feat. Song of the Dryads?

It isnt worth it in a deck that doesnt have a plan to load the graveyard. In decks that go super tall and dont have graveyard synergy, such as khalia and ping of riots, there are better things to do with your manabase, and that includes more basics.

Crypt is really good, just not in every deck.

I know this one isn't underrated but I run into a lot of guys that didn't know it existed.

It's not so great when you only run 16-17 bodies.

Love this card.

Bingo. It was a colossal fuck-up but I won in the end so I can't complain much.

Me too. Much discard in your meta? It's largely irrelevant in mine.

Newer EDH player here

Recently bought the "Swell the Host" Pre-Con that my LGS had on sale for $25 and picked up an additional $25 of singles and was wondering if its worth getting critique on, and what the preferred method for posting lists here is.

Usually playing 3-4 players after work around a kitchen table so its pretty casual.

My commander is the Ezuri Claw of Progress.

it would be extremely useless.

Post a tappedout link or something similar to list your build. Its a real pain in the ass to analyze in plain text.

Your deck is fine as long as you are having fun and have good games. Dont worry about being as powerful as possible until you gt to know your local group.
Go to edhrec.com for a list of commonly used cards for your commander.
Tappedout.com is fine for lists.
Fuckfaces here might critique your deck through a competitive lense, which is a essentially a completely different format.
Welcome to cmd/edh!

Oh thats good, my friend made a tapped out to help me figure out my original upgrades so my current up to date deck is:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/newzuri-counterplay/

I had played magic back during Return to Ravnica but only played for that block and Theroes before taking a break but my friends have a good size playgroup and a ton of decks.

so bane of progress/merciless eviction/cyclonic rift/the hundred other non-creature board wipes don't wipe out half of your mana base

Well I am definitely the weaker at the table unless I am facing the two four colour precons they have and haven't edited to much to.

My friend says "Most decks are around $100-150 on TCG" but I am unsure if that is a metric for competitiveness or what.

Money isn't a big issue at all besides it being close to the holidays right now.

>25 dollars

WHAT ARE YOU DOING user! EDH DECK HAVE TO COST AT LEAST 2000 DOLLARS!

in all seriousness swell of the hosts isnt the strongest precon but its pretty good. i suggest playing the snake nigger voltron style though

Anyone been using this effectively? I just pulled one tonight from a holiday box pack and I'm thinking I might use it in my Kozilek deck to make my two-shots easier.

I feel like it'd be fucking dank in an Alesha deck.

>my friend made a tapped out to help me figure out my original upgrades
>10 pages of Decks

Man I wish my group had an autist that would help newer players so I didn't have to recommend obvious shit to people every time I sit down.

>"Most decks are around $100-150 on TCG" but I am unsure if that is a metric for competitiveness

Not really a metric but it shows that people probably have a few staple cards and common wincons, multi-color decks wont have the worst lands but definitely nothing better than shocks I'd guess.

first homosexual magic card?

If creature based decks can cope with the millions of board wipes we have for them, I'm sure an artifact deck can deal with it.

whats a good fun voltron deck that isnt narset

Aurelia.

or

Bruna.

or

Sigrad.

Angels, mang.

holy fuck we get it they are gay and gay people play magic. so fucking tired of everyone shilling this card because people like to take it in the ass

Zurgo. Cram boardwipes and reap tears.

>Sigrad
Sigarda, muh bad

Also

P sweet man. I'd run it. Cheapo colorless card draw with added utility and only the mild downside of passing it around the table before you can cash in.

It's funny that you say this because I have both a Kozilek deck and an Alesha deck. I just finished pampering Kozzy a bit and am working on Alesha right now, gonna try this out, thanks.

So, I want to make an Atraxa Superfriends deck, but I don't want to be a dick about it. Any advice, or is it not really possible to make a planeswalker-heavy deck without being an asshole?

Just do it. Be a dick about it. Seize the power that is rightfully yours. CRUSH YOUR FOES, SEE THEM DRIVEN BEFORE YOU AND HEAR THE LAMENTATIONS OF THEIR WOMEN.

Seriously, "dick" is code for "stop being better than me" and should be disregarded. Acquire power, bitch.

Two people run discard heavy EDH decks. It's just really good even by itself, imo.

Arcum Daggson builds himself a mech

Isn't it just a colorless producing land if no one is making you discard?

Yeah, but the effect is just so good when it comes into effect. Like, when someone wheels you can choose to redhrec the cards to the top to save.

I played against a Yidris deck last weekend and this card saved me.

Hey guys was wondering what were some spicy wild pair tech creatures to look out for to throw into yidris

well you cant do it without being "that guy" so you might as well go full dick wad and build the most obnoxious super friends deck ever

Isochron Scepter+Dramatic Reversal and a basalt monolith supplies you with the infinite mana

Not by a long shot

Thanks, Homolands.

For the longest time I thought Joven's eye makeup was supposed to be some Hot Topic goth thing... then I discovered this card. He's also got a ferret fursona...

90's!

>my baneslayer is too busy snuggling ferrets to attack
Flavor checks out.

I just bought Saskia

Any minor upgrades I can make to the deck? I'm not trying to play competitive, just up the power level a bit

Alright, so, I know not many people are all that interested in the Winter Ball, but a lot of Veeky Forums loves interesting matches, and EDH General loves deck-crafting, so here's my pitch:

We're challenging /vp/ to a game of Commander over Xmage, which will be recorded and streamed for everyone's collective viewing pleasure. In order to keep things fair, we're building the decks as a pair.

First, we're designing /vp/'s deck, using Karametra as the General, and having a heavily creature focused deck. Main goal of the deck is to ramp then get out the fatties as fast as possible, with combos based on Landfall and Creature summon.

Here's a *Tentative* list of cards:

>>listmoz.com/#FTKrt4jC5ShNflZyLy

As you can see, it's a little sparse. I'm hoping to get a at least 70-80 cards, then translate that to something resembling a deck on TappedOut, and refine it from there. So, feel free to add any interesting or useful cards to the list, or offer up design advice. Many thanks in advance.

Kalemne, Disciple of Iroas

Planeswalkers aren't actually that great, so if anyone calls you a dick, then tell them to go fuck themselves, because youre certainly not being a dick

Fixes your mana when you need it
Doesn't kill your tempo when you don't
Shuffles your library for 2 mana

The Dark came out after Legends

I might be misremembering, but didn't the old way EDH had things banned was that some cards were banned all the way and some were banned only as your general right? Am I crazy?

There used to be a "Banned as Commander" and "Banned from Commander" list.

They removed this a couple of year ago. As for why, idk. A few commanders are fine in the 99, but as commanders they are too broken.

Thanks senpai

It came out only a month after and there's no cards in The Dark that are legendary. They probably didn't put the idea into The Dark because they were testing the waters in Legends.

Had Legends come out later, they probably would've done it

had The Dark come out later*

Removed it mostly because MTGO couldn't handle it

"My commander is ______, but don't worry, mine is different."
"Woops, look what I drew. I swear thats the only one in my deck."

for people that started playing magic in 2016, maybe.

>play narset
>have to actively avoid being good

I just wanna play stuff for free, I swear.

>your order Scourglass and 9 more items has shipped

Zedru

Okay, I've heard mixed things, and I'm a bit confused: Yidris's ability gives each spell cascade, but does the spell cast by the first cascade also have cascade?

>as you cast spells from your hand this turn, they gain cascade
>your hand

god dammit i'm a FOOL

that being said, what is the general consensus on yidris on here? to me it looks like the most fun commander besides atraxa

people desperately want to find a way to break it the way Maelstrom Wanderer is broken. It's not going well, but the search continues.

I want to fuck Breya