>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

>Does Spider Bite in the new Spiderman jump include all of the abilities that Peter got from the spider bite in the movies? There are a few minor ones and not so minor ones that aren't mentioned in the perk.

I thought I covered most of it. What'd I miss?

Jump 210: Alan Wake
>Ace of Cups, reversed: Failing to understand the emotional needs of those around you.
To be fair, there are more important things to concern myself with in this setting.
>Age: 30
>Location: Free Choice
>Identity: Investigator
>Drawbacks: Daylight Savings (+300)
I'll just have to make sure I stock up on batteries. And carry extra flashlights just in case.
>Bright Falls' Finest (Free, Investigator)
Hooray, now I can be a cop whenever I want.
>Trail Of Clues (900, Investigator)
Wait. Am I in a CSI show? Should I have gotten a fluorescent flashlight?
>That Was Close (700)
Plot armor. Or quick time events, depending on your point of view.
>Touched By Darkness (400, Investigator)
I know I've got some good anti-corruption perks already, but being able to comprehend such things without them causing corruption is in itself immensely helpful.
>Champion (0, Investigator)
I wonder what this would do if I were part-Kryptonian. Though I'm not, so that's fine.
>Flashlight (Free, Investigator)
Oh good, this is a normal flashlight. For a second I was worried about a genre shift.

Really, there's not a great deal that needs to be done here, from an investigator's viewpoint. Run around, find things that don't belong, and shine flashlights at them.

For the things that flashlights don't illuminate, you use holy magic. I will enjoy laughing at them when they complain about unfairness, and then hitting them harder.

Here's a WIP for the Fire Emblem Blazing Sword/Binding Blade jump. It's not usable yet and it's a little messy (and not all of the kinks have been worked out), but I felt like I should at least show you guys what I have so far

Reposting, if Mardukth is here, can you please tell me what a Muse of Light can do? I still can't find any good analysis on that particular classpect, because it's impossible to find anything for Muses at all.

I wanna make a build just for collecting Ammy, and Brolaire and turning them into Solars.

So what's the comic version of Doctor Strange like? Is he cool or what? If not, how dangerous is he? Could a magic focused jumper take him?

Is it in bad taste for a jumper to fool around a bit with their companions in that sense? After enough jumps both companions and jumper are mature enough to decide, friends with benefits are a real thing, and they are the only constant they have during jumping, not to mention all stamina perks and such. Before they abandon the bodily desires, at least?

>The war was so bad it broke reality and caused magic to go away, if only temporarily.
Yikes.

He's not the most powerful magic practitioner on Earth, but he's the Sorcerer Supreme for a reason. I would not recommend going up against him unless it's for the purpose of Cheat Mode-ing the Eye of Agamotto or a friendly spar.

The low level healing factor and correction of physical defects are the ones I was thinking of when I asked that. Not sure if you missed any others.

Not really. It's your choice, as long as everyone is consenting and armed with terrifying fetishes

>Is he cool or what
Most versions of him get along with Tony Stark pretty well, take that as you will.

>He's not the most powerful magic practitioner on Earth
Wait, he's not? Who is?

I assume Tactician's Quest will have some reward given that it adds a challenge and failure conditions, while giving no cp for it?

Probably Loki or another "God" of Magic.
Also Scarlet Witch, but that bitch is crazy as is the source of her magic.

Ah, yes. You do get that. Must have not written it into it. It's meant to be implied by the physical boosts but I'll make it clearer.

DOOM

You have to ask?

Seriously, ignoring mutants and reality warpers who are NOT actually using magic...

>affinities
Are we going to actually have to work out how affinity affects support relations? Because while it's neat to be able to get an affinity I remember it being rather unintuitive what it actually did.

Also Drawback that makes spontaneous enemy reinforcements happen all the fucking time with no way to predict them pls. Gotta get that FE6 flavor.
So many resets...

Also a perk to be as much of a player as Roy might not be a bad idea. He's got the most love options of any lord even if he's absolutely awful at the whole romance thing.
Actually that might be more of a drawback.

Doom is explicitly a weaker magic user, and less knowledgeable, than Strange.
But only because he focuses most on technology than magic, if he focused more on magic he would be better.

To be fair, Strange does tend to both have much lower low-end showings and a bad habit of falling into slumps where he feels sorry for himself snd ends up being a chump.

>But only because he focuses most on technology than magic, if he focused more on magic he would be better.

That's a bit of a stretch to claim. Dr Strange also spent a large chunk of his life focusing on non-magical stuff (Being the foremost surgeon in the world doesn't exactly happen overnight)

He's pretty cool, both in awesomeness and in being a decent person. Strange's shtick, at least when he's being written well, is that he was an arrogant man who was brought low and learned humility both as a response to his tragedy and as part of the expanded worldview his training in magic gave him. So while he still has a somewhat paternalistic attitude at times just because he's usually the most well-informed person in the room, he's happy to interact with people and experience new ideas and perspectives. Makes him very chill.

In terms of power, Strange is not currently the most powerful mage in the setting, but he's high up there and has a lot of resources at his disposal to make up for the remainder. A magic-focused jumper could defeat him, but it would be a tough fight, and probably not worth it. Strange is a good guy, he'd much rather work with you than against.

Ignore the people saying it's Doctor Doom. That's just something Doom likes to claim. The current most powerful human wizard is actually Brother Voodoo. Well, Doctor Voodoo, now that he has his degree.

I think it has nore to do with Strange having a direct link to the Vishanti and the good graces of a ton of other powerful beings.

>7000 years of experience
>7000 years
How old was he when he started learning magic? 30s? 40s? That's nothing to his time as a sorcerer.

Strange is the Sorc Supreme again. And Voodoo was a fucking chump who got pulled and then saved by Doom even when he held the title.

Yes, but ever since then Strange has dedicated himself to magic. Doom tries to have both at once, and it splits his attention. Besides, Strange is a lot older than Doom, he just doesn't look it.

Loki's a fucking pansy right now.

Is he back to being a dude again? He keeps going back and forth on that, I've lost track.

Please include a companion purchase/import option, and possibly being able to take one of the main characters with you if you complete the tactician's quest. Thank you.

Loki is Loki. Gender, sexual identity, and whatever doesn't really apply to him.

Last I saw he had a really horrible beard. Like, I'm pretty sure those are actual pubes on his face.

I was on the fence about it for a while since I'm new to jumpmaking, and I wasn't sure about it. I'll provide some extra CP for this reason.

No, affinities will just give you a boost in whatever. I suppose I might give an add-on to make it so that it can optionally affect people you have bonds with.

Yes, that drawback needs to be a thing. Been while since I played FE6 and I don't want to replay it again because I wasnt very good at it, so I'm reading an LP right now on it.

I was looking for ideas on the 600 CP Roy perk and I think you just gave me ideas on it. Thank you!

Oh my god that artwork looks like utter trash.

Since it says only through skin tight clothes does that mean that being a Spiderman Noir ripoff won't work?

Minor update to Spider-Man Trilogy. Added Pizza option, also made it clear Spider-Bite helps with eyesight etc and has some healing to it.

This is the reason why Odin doesn't love you, Loki. He puts so much work into growing that lovely beard, and then you go and grow something like that. You're a shapeshifter, he knows that, you could have whatever beard you wanted. But you go with that. You monster.

>looks like utter trash.
>looks like
No, it just IS utter trash.

Maybe offer one of the people you have to help or all three as free companions as a reward?

Jumpers, tell me about your children, adopted or otherwise.

You could do what Peter does in the start of the movie and climb using just your fingers, using your shoes to stabilize. Other than that you might have to grab it from another setting.

After several imports, backgrounds and many years things get super kinky

I kind of wish there was a marvel magic jump with a Not!Latveria option.

Is Doom holding their kid hostage or did he have a kid with Sue?

DOOM is a better father than Richards ever was, and she's not even his daughter, she's Richards daughter.

Also I have four adopted daughters, and 50+ kids in Generic Parenting Jump.
That jump was hell.

Doesn't peter stand perpendicular on a moving train using his "hooks" that are somehow getting through the soles of his costume's shoes?

Elodie and Louise. The twins - or at least, they were after the Parenting jump - are just plain awesome. They were given a second childhood at Hogwarts and quite honestly had a ball, balancing early childhood at home with family, teen years at a boarding school with similar kids (jumper-inherited abilities aside), and then alternately distanced themselves and got closer to myself and the rest of my companions during Nine To Five and Slice Of Life. Now that we're getting into more serious jumps I'm looking forward to seeing how they deal with various things.

How do you make your harems work, jumpers?

Alternatively how do you introduce new individuals into it. How do you explain it to them so they are okay with being part of it?

Sue and Richards had a daughter, Richards was not there for her birth, Doom was. Doom was named god father. Doom decided he would be the best damn god father ever, just so that Richards daughter would love him more .
Doom has, in most versions, come to love little Valeria legitimately as if she was his own daughter.

Though some writers forget that and turn him into thinking of her as just another tool.

Besides really hating Richards, what makes Doom a villain, anyway? Legit curious, since I don't read comics.

But if Black Panther leads a fucking Orwellian society, but still gets to be an Avenger, what does Doom do? Straight up mind rape and enslave his citizens or something?

Who the fuck grows stubble like that

I think he is making a conscious effort to look as sleazy as possible.

Remember that one time when Ultimate Spider-Man accidentally threw Captain American's shield into the window of Doom's embassy and tried to ask him nicely and politely to give it back but Doom said it landed on his lawn?

Doom's been a threat to the multiverse. He's totally a villain, he's just not a dick about it.

He just REALLY fucking hates Richards, that's about it. It depends on the writer how Evil he is, but generally he's just a megalomaniac who wants to rule everything. But despite that is (kind) polite, and tries not to get too many civvies caught in the crossfire.
In most versions his nation is a pretty good one to live in, you just need to swear unfailing loyalty to him and you live a great life. Though some writers forget this and make it an oppressive hellhole where Doombots patrol the streets constantly and murder people for no real reason.

As opposed to Reed, who's both a threat to the multiverse AND a dick about it.

He isn't evil but he is definitely a villain, a villain who believes that all the worlds problems can be solved by his rule.

TBF, most of them kinda can be solved by his rule.

What does he do, intentionally fry his facial hair so it curls up?

Would that really be out of character for him?

Loki is a shape shift if he has a reason to look like a supernaturally shady used car salesman he can do so with ease.

Initially, his primary motivations were saving his mother's soul from hell and getting revenge on Reed (who he blamed for an accident that scarred his face). Then he saw thousands of possible futures and saw that the only one where humanity survived and flourished was under his rule, so he set out to conquer the world.

Other than that, he's a narcissist megalomaniac, but he's pretty amiable. He's not a cackling mass murderer or anything, unless a writer is doing a really shitty job.

I don't have any children yet in any of my main chains. The Chain is not something I really feel is appropriate to inflict on a child, but then, I'm sure my attitude will change when I hit Generic Parenting Jump.

I /know/ the Coordinator is saving Generic Parenting for when I have a full group of Companions and a Punishment Jump coming up. I just know it.

While what I currently have in Restarted Chain isn't best described as a harem, it operates under a similar principle. Mutual Respect. I don't lie to my Companions about my views on relationships, sex, and friendships. Admittedly they have evolved quite significantly from where they were when I started the Chain, but the basics apply to any relationship. Truth, respect, and a healthy dose of love.

As for introducing new individuals and explaining it to them, I'm pretty straight-forward. It's almost impossible to have exactly the same relationship with each Companions and I don't try. Some like to be included, others are along for the ride until they find something better, and a few just want to enjoy the sense of friendship and family without all the extras. So I let them choose their own ground rules. It's worked out fairly well so far. Admittedly, I wasn't able to convince a number of people I would have liked to have along, but such is Jumping.

I mean, he's not really wrong.

I'd vote for Doom as emperor of earth. And after this election, I'm damn sure plenty of other people would, too.

He keeps trying to destroy the world so that he can rebuild it in his image. Seriously, he seizes cosmic power to rewrite reality about once a week. Sometimes he does it just because he's bored, his first encounter with the Fantastic Four was when he made them go back in time to steal Blackbeard's treasure, just for kicks. The man has no respect for the structural integrity of space-time. I mean, neither does Richards, but at least when he does it it's usually an accident. Richards needs professional help, Doom is just an asshole.

I ended up having a kid with Emmeryn from Fire Emblem Awakening, using the Future Child perk. She looked a lot like her mother but she acted more like me, being incredibly hammy and over the top. Her ultimate personality basically ended up being a combination of a Kamen Rider and a magical girl, someone who talked about love and justice all the time, who strove to bring peace to the world like her parents did before her. She had a lot of issues due to growing up in a bleak future, stuck between her desire to help others and her own desire to live. She would eventually confess that part of the reason she was so obsessed with saving others was because she blamed herself for our deaths. I died protecting her from a horde of Risen and Emmeryn would later use herself as bait so that she could escape another horde. We told her that it wasn't her fault, and that we were proud of her for what she was doing.

We also kicked the shit out of Grima, because he made our daughter cry./spoiler]

That was in his costume though. If I've forgotten a moment when he's not in the skin tight costume... Then I'm claiming plot holes don't count. Skin tight is fine, thick rubber soles are not.

He's got the same problem that Lex Luthor does; his massive ego and a blinding hatred of someone on principle.

It's so bad that it takes what could be GEoM level dude and turns him into an ultimately ineffectual asshole.

If either of those guys could just chill out and swallow their own pride, and maybe take a class on ethics or something, they'd be heroes.

>his first encounter with the Fantastic Four was when he made them go back in time to steal Blackbeard's treasure, just for kicks.
>no respect for the structural integrity of space-time
>is just an asshole
He literally sounds like a jumper.

Well...you're not wrong.

Yeah, but at least Doom helps an entire country. Luthor's just a greedy businessman who murdered his own parents for the life insurance payout.

Harem perks are pretty much mandatory for any kind of stability.
Even if you're hyper charismatic there's bound to be fallout at some point during the centuries you have to maintain it.
A group of people brought together out of collective interest in one person does not mean they will get along or even be compatible.
I suppose you could force it by being pants shittingly strong, but that's not healty.

And the follow up (many pages later, but you're not missing anything by my cutting them out. You're really not).

This is what happens when you let your six year old write a comic book.

>If I've forgotten a moment when he's not in the skin tight costume
His costume has thick soles, not as thick as Spidy Noir's combat boots but still fairly normal shoe soles.

This is the greatest thing I've ever seen.

Sure! I'll think about it

Later on in the comics, Doctor Doom would enact a costly magic ritual to remove his ability to feel guilt or regret. While the guilt I might understand, I don't see how a man who does things like this could ever feel any regret about his life. The man rocks hard, "NO REGRETS" might as well be on his personal crest.

I love this particular comic strip. That Doom just goes around and toots random horns because he feels like it brings a smile to my face like nothing else.

I wonder how working for Doom in the Marvel jump would go. I know it's a bad idea but I want to do it anyway. Has anyone else done the same?

He's kind of a terrible boss. He blows up robots if they imply that he needs others or that he can fail, he once threatened to kill a servant because he bumped into him...he's basically Darth Vader with an ego. Or is Darth Vader Doom without an ego?

A bit low rez but you can clearly see the sole, about half that of the shoes user's spider waifu wears but way thicker than should logically work.

I used the Dread Pirate Roberts perk to become his apprentice. He still ultimately failed to conquer the world, since I made sure not to be TOO helpful, but it was pretty entertaining. He got kind of annoyed when I collapsed the Canadian and US governments without telling him I was going to do so.

Oh I know he's an awful boss, but I think with a few perks I can get around that. I think there was a perk in Claymore I could use, I can't think of the name, but it basically amounted to becoming anybody's soft spot. That'll help for sure.

I have two kids so far--one of them is named Katsumi. She's a cheerful, boisterous sort who actively wanders around looking for fist fights. I had her with Domon Kasshu and we raised her in the Geneology jump. She became a super strong mageknight who tanked fucking everything with her Earth Sword.

I'm planning on somehow getting her her own mobile suit, but only if she wants to. She was raised in a fantasy world, after all. And Domon was very adamant about her not getting pushed into anything she didn't want.

(All that shit with the Loptyr clan taking over didn't happen--I made sure of that. Although I unfortunately got turned to stone for a good portion of her childhood and there was still a lot of conflict going on. However, there's still the parenting jump.)

I also had a girl with Lewyn from Geneology (Although all parties knew about her and gave their permission, we sort of have a harem thing going on.).

Her name's Aella and she's a pretty sweet girl. Sh is a bit of a crybaby, though. Tends to be the type of person to cry when she accidentally steps on a bug. But when she gets pissed, she's even scarier than Katsumi.

She's not as tanky as her sister but she's pretty fast and can use a legendary weapon, so she can call up really powerful whirlwinds and can kick up a storm if she so pleases. (She really only uses this to help it rain.)

... I'm gonna say that skin tight works for things on the skin, but not too thick. So you could wear things that maybe shouldn't work (nothing should work, the barbs are tiny) but do anyway.

Reminder that Reed Richards hypnotised Skrulls into thinking they were cows who were later on slaughtered and feed to people. Richards is ridiculously irresponsible.

Speaking of Skrulls, did anyone take "Skrull All Along"?

Who's working on Dark Souls 3? Will Canon Companions be an option?

Nubee is working on it. Don't know, judging by his other jumps, at least some canon companions will be offered.

Missed this before responding. As I said here, the 'ruling', such as it is, is that it can't be 'too thick'. What counts as too thick is up to you, but 'soles' are fine, an inch of rubber is not.

Jump 211: Creepypasta
>Four of Wands (Completion): A chance to rest and rejoice, having successfully resolved a matter of great import.
>Age: 32
But really, does it matter?
>Location: Somewhere on Earth
>Identity: Cryptid
Because c'mon, you know it's a thing.
>Drawbacks: Monster (0), Weirdness Magnet (+100), Men In Black (+200), Foundation (+300)
Why make it easy? The FBI is after me, just like they went after Jason Voorhees (though they're not entirely convinced that I'm any more supernatural than that dude other than the fact that I keep getting away), but the Foundation is more of a thing to worry about. Telekill alloy is not a thing to fuck with and they could in fact probably contain me. Fortunately I'm probably MUCH closer to Euclid than Keter.
>Monstrous Body (Free, Cryptid)
Oh, come now. I'm not THAT monstrous. I'm just a pleasant gentleman in a business suit that happens to wear gloves to conceal any visible skin.
>All Smiles (Free: 100pt freebie)
Being able to express my mood without the need for resorting to blatant body language is always helpful!
>Image Distortion (Free: 100pt freebie)
Hey, it's not my fault everyone is a terrible artist and they rely on shoddy surveillance equipment.
>Spook (Free: 100pt freebie)
"Shin Cross of the planet Earth, you have the ability to instill-" "I SAID NO CUTTING IN LINE."
>No Face (1500)
Hm? What do you mean my head exposes visible skin? Don't be ridiculous, I don't have one of those.
>Intangible (1400, 200pt discount)
Enter a room through the door? Like a peasant?

>Mark (1300, 200pt discount)
Come on, I'm the Voldemort expy. Of COURSE I've got a mark. It's not a skull with a snake in its mouth though, that's a little too... well, all I'm saying is that there's all of one female Death Eater, okay? Not my bag. It's just a minimalist sketch of a hand.
>Myth (1200, 200pt discount)
How nice, I can have information about creepiness become known when I enter a jump. And rituals to speak to or summon me. And have effects across truly massive areas if I'm well-known enough.
>Ritualist (1000)
But do you really think that going through the ritual and getting yourself marked, only to find the mark more widespread than you could imagine, to be safe for your sanity? Even without it actively eroding your sanity, it can't be healthy.
>Eternal (800, 400pt discount)
In the HIGHLY unlikely event that something actually kills me, well, there are ways around it. I'm not sure exactly what it is, perhaps I'll possess some stillborn baby who's born at the same time, or perhaps I'll just... reappear. Whichever is more appropriate at the time, hm?
>Inhuman Durability (400)
In the unlikely event that I'm tangible and being blown to bits... well, that's not really going to stop me, now is it? Letting injuries slow me down is quite silly.
>Stranger (0)
This is my favorite power in this jump, I can't NOT get this. It takes hiding in plain sight to a whole new level. I wonder what fun I can have with stranger+spook together? Perhaps I can make it hard for anyone to notice each other in the affected area.

No! I have to kill the monsters!
>No, jumper, you are the monsters!
And then Crux was a slendy.

Seriously though...

Walking around in any various attire is fine. And typically, I'll be walking around in a hoodie, a raincoat, or other attire that tends to conceal the head, unless I'm actively out to disturb people. Which is of course its own bit of fun. But I think I'll try to restrict myself to mostly-harmless pranks. Pranks like going to a bank if I get bored and putting my mark on every twenty dollar bill. Or going around and marking politicians. Or screwing with advertisements and magazines and getting my mark published. Or getting into peoples' dreams and promising them power (and actually delivering because I'm a jumper and I'm kinda bored).

It'll be perhaps a bit less hilarious when it turns out there are other cryptids getting angry at me for attracting attention to the whole thing, but considering I can sense who is getting in touch with me and where they are... yeah. Of course, screwing with money and politicians means the feds are going to be creeped the fuck out, try to track me down and put holes in me. There's nothing like jogging down the street and suddenly floodlights all around and bullets and grenades and then I'm swiss cheese. Looking back at the shooters and going 'what the hell, man!', and continuing on my merry way really doesn't help.

And ... well, come on, it's the Foundation. You KNOW what they'll get up to. I'm probably SCP-5143 or something, uncontained, just running around spooking people for fun. Because I will happily admit that I'm just bored and have no higher purpose. Why do all the cryptids have to be after peoples' souls, anyway? That's ridiculous. I just happen to have extensive power. People want it, it's not my fault they can't hide their wand after I give them magic and the associated longevity! But 'm not going to be giving everybody the ability to run amok, I have more taste than that. And the fact that the weather reports had morning fog roll across the continent regardless of the temperature is harmless, surely!

No direct descendants, except on accident.
I'll settle for forming a habitable garden world and building a utopian society on it, and then just live out the rest of eternity in peace. Can an entire civilization count as your children if you made them yourself?

Ooh, this jump looks fun. What's a good way to get the ability to bestow powers on people?
The idea of having people run into me during thunderstorms and offering them a rifle and a target in exchange for power sounds like a good time.

Blood transfusions can pass along many things. There's also the mark from the Dishonored jump, Emissary from Dresden Files, Blessing from Innstrad, biting people to make them the monster of your choice, faking it with magitech trinkets... the list goes on.

So how often do you radically alter a setting?
Like introduce a completely new technology or take over the world or make everyone in the universe Force Sensitive

Personally I like to be more subtle in my jumps barely changing anything and just going with the flow.
The only real exception to that would be Clone Wars and Original Trilogy Star Wars, Mass Effect, and Generic Wuxia and Sword and Sorcery
But hey five out of 128 is still a pretty good track record