games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (ALWAYS ACCEPT RIDES FROM THE CLOWNS):
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Warhammer40k/comments/5ecjdb/high_prices_and_low_margins_why_games_workshop/
cadwallon.com/fusiliers-griffins.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for Tau

What are you hoping is in the Traitor Legions book, what Legion are you and what's your favourite lore about them?

reposting for new thread.

5 space marines with a heavy weapon Vs stock Predator vs attack bike

Which is best

>What are you hoping is in the Traitor Legions book
Basilisks

>what Legion are you
Iron warriors

>and what's your favourite lore about them?
Bitterness

SPACE FURRIES ON SUICIDE WATCH.

SWEETER THAN LIBERAL TEARS.

2016 CONFIRMED BEST YEAR EVER.

I mean considering Imperial Agents seems to let Imperial armies pick and choose units, this isn't improbable.

We have a TSons win confirmation?

TZEENTCH DISK FOR HEKTIK SKIDS

>what Legion are you
THOUSAND SONS

BTFOING SPACE FURRIES

Was the hype for Traitors Hate as huge as the hype for Traitor Legions?

I bet on the infantry, since tanks are fire magnets

>Loyalists losing to Traitors
>Ever
Some people never learn.

Nope.

I hope the Word Bearers get some good rules. And not just stuff about daemon summoning, things to represent their superior morale, organized religion around worshiping the Chaos Gods, love for possessed, use of daemon and flame weapons, etc.

>implying I expected a different outcome for the wolf time
We are going down like heroes, one last chance, one last strike in the serpent's head, one last laugh and then we shall lay in the hall of heroes with the Allfather, this is the difference between you and us traitor, we won't fear death, we shall die free and loyal rather than live shackle in darkness and shame.

I hate Tau. I hate their OP shooting, I hate their overwatch shenanigans, and most of all I hate the fact that their walkers count as monstrous creatures.

The extermination of these blue vermin can't come soon enough.

>word bearers
>not the doormat of chaos
user please.

Tyranids are probably quite a ways off due to GSC just getting released...

That's fine, though, they can take their time as long as we get a fucking BALLIN release this time. If we get a Cruddex for the third edition running I will literally fly out to Nottingham and set myself on fire in the GW parking lot.

>Wow look at this original opinion

so what's the meme term for sisters getting folded back into another book?

Sister Fistered?

The Supplementary of all wisdom
>Only strayans will get his one

So 136 pages, containing special army rules, exclusive detachments, warlord traits, tactical objectives and Chaos Artifacts.

I mean, that doesn't sound game changing to me.

Anyone want to help me out with how this could possibly be good enough to help CSM actually get somewhere?

>low on cash
>help elderly neighbors move some furniture and install new tv
>they give me $60

Just in time for Codex: Imperial Agents. They even gave me $100 a couple years ago for bringing some Chrismtas decorations down from the attic.

survival

It won't, but since it's a supplement it will still be usable with the new Chaos Codexes that will be released later.

So what's with all the hype?

Can we make BT'ed a thing?

Everyone hates Tau.

Chaosfags have been waiting for Legion specific rules again for a long, loooong time.

Also I might be being overly cautious, it might actually help substantially, but it definitely won't push Chaos to the top tier while building on the same Codex they currently have.

Let's just call it gettng Sister'd.

What I never could understand is why a boss nob amongst normal boyz can't equip big shoota himselft.

I mean, lets say he is a shootanob, why doesn't he get access to biggest and baddest gun in a squad?

Matt is a WAACfag

Same reason captains can't take heavy bolters and chaos lords can't take autocannons and archons can't take dark lances and so on and so on.

There is no reason, shit's retarded. Big gun leader is best leader.

Word Bearers invented heresy.

Abaddon may be the warmaster, but Lorgar is the high priest of the Chaos Gods. Word Bearers are also the largest Chaos legion and the only one that didn't become a huge mess after Horus' death. You should be grateful.

admittedly i was trying for vanilla'd for the black templars. perhaps get thee to a nunnery?

That head is great. Imagine how fun Tau would be if the common fire warrior had the demeanor of Hellboy.

Emperor's Children.
Sonic weapons for vehicles.
About the Siege on the Imperial Palace:
>The Emperor's Children, led by Fulgrim, soon became bored of the stalemate and set off on a bloody orgy against the people of Terra of such depravity and destruction that ten thousand years later, Terrans are still distrustful of Space Marines. In that time, as the Siege of Terra raged around them, the Emperor's Children are reckoned to have murdered more than forty times their number of unarmed, defenseless people in their efforts to create new stimulants to feed their addiction to pleasure. How many more died simply to sate the bloodlust of their killers cannot be guessed at.

An entire legion got bored during the setting's most important battle and bailed for sex and drugs.

anyone know of some oddjobs that I can do so I can afford warhammer 40k miniatures?

Matt is a WAACfag

I was hoping they'd give the Iron Warriors the Leman Russ, Basilisk and Baneblade variants.

They have all of this in the lore so there is no adequate explanation for why they don't have it on the table.

Prostitution

Matt is a WAACfag

buy on wayland.
Mcdonalds/clothing stores are ALWAYS recruiting students and you choose you hours.

Sonic weapons for terminators as well. And a plastic Noise Marine box would be appreciated.
Sensible chuckle

>reddit.com/r/Warhammer40k/comments/5ecjdb/high_prices_and_low_margins_why_games_workshop/

>oy vey, why are you always complaining about the prices? You should be happy that they only charge this much! They're barely making a profit!

I'm hoping each of the legions actually gets some specific flavor and the worst case scenario of cut and paste angels of death shit is avoided. Other than that, chaos typically has good artifacts so that'll be cool to see. And if the rules and detachments are good it could make for some very flavorful and still functional chaos armies.

>thousand sons followed closely by emperor's children and world eaters

>ahriman did nothing wrong

>roleplaying a space viking in reply to a shitpost on a carpathian horse breeding forum

>Word Bearers invented heresy.
And now they lay forgotten only to be a tool for the warmaster
>Abaddon may be the warmaster, but Lorgar is the high priest of the Chaos Gods. Word Bearers are also the largest Chaos legion and the only one that didn't become a huge mess after Horus' death. You should be grateful.
And even then other legions have found better favour from the gods than the undecided bearers.

>Chaosfags have been waiting for Legion specific rules again for a long, loooong time.

>Alessio wrote this in 2007
>Waited for legion rules for nine years

We are all Veterans of the Long War.

>on a carpathian horse breeding forum

Best one yet, lads.

>Not negating Tau overwatch

>carpathian horse breeding forum
I thought we were a Siberian goat Herder conclave.

>What are you hoping is in the Traitor Legions book,
For the Thousand Sons: Cult-specific psychic powers, or at least something other than the fucking Tzeentch tree bullshit
For everyone in general: Fluffy Chapter Tactics type rules, maybe unique FOCs for each legion

>what Legion are you
Thousand Sons

A tie between "Hey I finally fixed the problem with magic! ...Where'd all this dust come from?" and "Nice enlightened beautiful homeworld you have there, would be a shame if someone exterminatus'd it"

They are Rackham's models for their old game Confrontation. Quick googling says they are Griffin Fusiliers.

cadwallon.com/fusiliers-griffins.html

Kamchatkan ouija board.

How good/bad is Chinaman?

Thinking of ordering some troop choices from him. I figure I never really look at my troops much anyways so the recasts don't have to be perfect.

>post yfw Space wolves get BTFO
furries stilll in denial, top kek.

>w-were a major faction, they won't get rid of us
>we're really popular, theres no way they screw us over in the fluff
Eldar fans though the end of death masque was bad? i can't wait to see the reaction from the yiffs when their home world gets destroyed and half of their named characters get wiped out

This is why being a Sisters player is a delight. Kill our named characters? Glorious martyrdom! Write shitty fluff? Hey, at least we are temporarily relevant again!

It's some sort of Stockholm syndrome thing. We're happy to eat dog food because, hey, it's food.

>Kurdish goat-swapping board

Anyone have any idea if GW is gonna be having holiday bundles again?

I'm wanting to buy a couple Dark Eldar getting started boxes, but might hold off if a bundle drops to save some $$$

Recently announced battleforce boxes.

Xenos got shafted, like always.

I'm trying to start a GSC army but no one in my area wants to trade/swap Deathwatch marines with me.

What should I do with these guys?

>>What are you hoping for
Infiltrate everywhere, fucking over someone's reserves, seizing initiative... and it won't happen, but elite heretical operators, evil tempestus style

>>What legion are you
Alpha Legion

>>and what's your favourite lore about them?
I pee a little in excitement every time a legionnaire gets cornered, pulls off his skin to reveal himself, laughs in a loyalist's face, then shoots himself in the head; cut to Alpharius Omegon smugly stealing someone's lucky charms while disguised as a common houseplant before chilling back on the battle barge and sending Horus misleading emails.

ebay

>Eldar jobbers are equivalent to the SW
Sure thing mate. Got a Magnus quote for you
>If only it wasnt for those meddling Wolves!

P.S Go buy GW new SW battleforce box

>Eldar Jobbers
>Eldrad

Mate.

>Eldrad
>Not a jobber

Dude.

>pulls off his skin to reveal himself, laughs in a loyalist's face, then shoots himself in the head

The fuck

I'm not too familiar with Alpha Legion lore. Pls explain?

I think he meant a scenario like the following

>Meanwhile underneath the base...
>Loyalists: "Hey, you there! Stop! In the name of the Emperor what are you doing down here!?"
>Alpha Legion Guy: *removes fake face* "LOL I AM SPARTACUS, FAGS"
>Loyalists: "We'll make you tell us what you've done!"
>Alpha Legion Guy: "Nope" *blams self*

Two of my most hated things combined

Tau

And Michael Bay films

Allowing them to summon demons without stupid perils would be awesome

Because command needs freedom of movement

Something that lets me be a sneaky, spooky git.
>What Legion are you?
Night Lords
>What's your favourite lore about them?
I always liked their "fuck the emperor, fuck chaos, we're own our own for this" angle. And who doesn't love a good massacre every now and then?

wow. I skimmed through this. Pure anal Cancer.

>all the new fluff for chaosfags and muhrinefags
>nothing for SoB

this basically. I enjoyed Deliverance Lost. 3 alpha guys who independently stole the skin of raven dudes they killed fuck raven shit up, eventually get cornered together and collectively have a chuckle as they realize "oh, you mean you were an alpha legionnaire too this whole time?", then they flip the raven dudes the bird and shoot each other in the head.

I'm sorry, batman, but you and I both know you're just gonna get copious amounts of fear: the greatest and most useful special rule.

If you could also get some leadership debuffs though, that'd be pretty sweet. Especially for chumping out Necrons.

Maybe you guys will show up in Imperial Agents.

They are in Imperial Agents, and plastic Canoness at least. Probably Battle Sisters squad in January, if not more.

Its better than nothing right?

already confirmed in IA

Honestly, there might be more. December SoB release was said to be a teaser. But we'll see.

Any AL rules
Interesting DG rules

Well you're good on one of those, since AL are getting rules.

Not even close. It's been nine fucking years of non-stop around the clock bitchfests by us Chaos players after we lost Daemons, Armory, and Legions in a swoop. Slowly things are getting bearable but for many losing Legions was the most angst-inducing.

Tau overwatch...
>mumble grumble

If the unit that is getting assaulted cant overwatch, their assbuddies that have supporting fire (or whatever its called) can still shoot, right?

But eldar sergeants get better guns.

Yup. the power of teamwork.

i like tau!

but then again i dont use riptides and all that faggotry.

Trying hard to get back in to modelling. Haven't done any in about 7 months.
Have to finish up my Minotaurs Army.
- Have to repaint my abortion of a spartan assault tank.
- Finish up 10 tac marines (mostly painted)
- Continue assembling terminator squad with TH + shields (using Forgeworld 40k Tartaros models)
- Finish up assembling Fire Raptor Gunship
- Paint Contemptor dreadnaught
- start Sicaran battletank

Just thinking about where to start turns me off it again for some reason. I bloody love this hobby, but I think I bit off more than I can chew. I really wish I didn't half finish the Fire Raptor before I stopped hobbying, especially since I moved house. Halp 4chins

>>friend uses fire warrior teams, railsides, hammerheads, small crisis suit team with marker drones and mark'o kais. Adds in a stealth cadre for larger games or a leg day tau for games which include a superheavy.
>>Its entirely even and I have no problem getting tense, close games that go either way.

As far as I can tell, if you had a tau army in 5th edition then added a bit of new unit flavor, there's really no cheese. I guess the issues stem from new players who started tau in 6 and 7e and just grabbed riptides.

thats very close to how i play tau. i just cant stand riptides. ugly models and boring as hell rules.

tons of fire warriors is the way to go. and kroot!

Matt is a WAACfag

You can do it, high lord attack dog scum! I fully caught up on my marine backlog this year. Put everything that must be done out of your head and focus on one at a time. You have to get back in there so like going back to the gym, pick something that you're most excited to paint or field that won't overwhelm you to do. If I were you id bang out those tacticals (because ez) or do the contemptor (because fun). Next you should field your new painted unit to reward yourself. Continue the cycle.

Also it really helps if you set small goals with friends. I visit my friends out of state every month or so and we play, so I set a project goal in between each trip to have something fully painted by the time I visit. (Like I told myself id get done my sternguard and bang out a shitty drop pod last time)

You can do it! Get momentum! Make your oath of painting!

You rock user, you are right, I think I will start with painting the contemptor, and then find all the pieces for the fire raptor (its probably 70% complete).
That is my other problem, as I just moved house (I was in the Navy and now I am out) I have no one to play with in my area. The Internet hasn't helped me find new people, and I loathe trying to make friends in the local GW store.

Sad thing about tau is there's so much list variety possible because few units are bad, but you rarely see the potential utilized due to the overbearing power of a few units. I find the riptide interesting, but its potential fun is undermined by it being too perfect. Too deadly, too durable, too mobile, too cheap, too efficient. The drawback of the overload ability is negligible and unlike a space marine style unit, you don't have to pay points for any stats you don't need (ws, i) while still remaining deadly to normal counters due to its MC status.

If riptides could take hammerhed rail cannons I'd bring 'em

A glimmer of the glory of 3.5ed chaos

I play wordbearers. I the idea of marching ranks of CSM herding cultist scum forward to die while they chant with banners and drums.

the main issue for players starting tau as thier first army is that they get spoiled with high strength shooting and pretty cheap options to turn thier middling accuracy into auto ignores cover and BS5 on anything they need

not to mention the farce that is the zero tax riptide wing, the OSC is also incredibly strong but at least it has 190 points of tax from stealth suits

this, I'm starting to attend ITC tournaments at the start of next year and almost every tau list ive seen is some combination of riptide wing, stormsurge and drone net formation

for my tau list ive set a few rules, but even then ive managed to create an abomination of rule synergy

>No riptide wing, 1 yvhara
>No LoW
>zero markerlight sources whatsoever

I ended up with ghostkeels that have natural BS5, my entire list (bar the 2 breacher teams) have access to ignores cover and ignores armor and some form of twinlinked

after the first few tournaments im switching to tempestus scions