Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Which race do you hate the most?

/pfg/ pastebin: pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU
Broken Shackles Playtest: app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/59701/broken-shackles-test-play
Creation Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1kitAB8sHgmuD3fvOMuI_KyV_dxpO2wrxQmbnCoRgglA/edit#
Avowed Playtest: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Malefex Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/10dEgLazR1i9O9Cs0z-6Znw96ocJPu3CVGuEOkCEfqLw/edit?usp=sharing
paizo.com/people/NJolly)
makeyourgamelegendary.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=pAoBojYsuOI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Kender.

I gotta admit I hate the fuck out of abhumans. Filthy crossbreeding shitters.

Kitsune, Catgirls, etc.

Remove Furry!

Can we please cool it with the NTR memes? We're getting people demotivated over this shit.

Have you ever used Dragons in your games?
I think they're supposed to be somewhat common-ish, or at least that's the picture I've gotten from Dragons Revisited.
Something like "Dragons? Oh, haven't seen one myself but one visited the next town south some three years ago, I think?"

But how do actual animals make you feel?

They're where they belong, between my legs

>Which race do you hate the most?
FUCK. DWARVES.

Kitsune.

I don't get why people are getting discouraged. Because NToRacle has an interesting backstory now? Or because he is such a good skill monkey?

Does anyone have that one pdf with suggestions to fix or differentiate the various martial styles in Pathfinder?

Because all the NTR discussion is annoying and disgusting.

Both considering he's a better skill monkey than most other people and also is an amalgam of shit other people wanted to do.

And honestly I think it's less interesting than the Dwarf.

Both of those reasons, plus a bit more. Putting work into a character only to have it ignored over "lolNTR", "lolTHICC" isn't motivating. It also make it harder to refine the character when nobody will discuss weakpoints or areas that you could improve on.

I mean DHB doesn't like the NTR talk either.

Rolled 2, 3 + 2 = 7 (2d6 + 2)

Aasimar Cleric, please ignore

Wasn't blaming them, but the topic has dominated the past how many threads?

After a certain point, he's complicit in this too because he intentionally made a diplomancer meant to break the romance system.

Literally not how the romance system works.

The whole thing started when he build a crazy high op diplomancer with the intent of progressing with each of the options, but only ending with ameiko or whatever.

He brought this upon all of us.

I mean it pretty much is. The character gets a +52 to whatever they need once a day, the Highest max relationship score is like a 40.

No, you need to raise your relationship above their romance score. All high diplomacy means is he makes the check so every level it progresses by 2 instead of 1. The majority of a character's relationship score with a character is based on events and not gifts/insults.

Do people not actually read the rules for it?

I'm aware, but that's +1 more than what everyone else is getting.
>The majority of a character's relationship score with a character is based on events
I was honestly not aware of this.

I mean that still doesn't change the fact that he built the character pretty much to cheese the system like that. The fact that he seems to be an almagam of several character talents/motivations that have been posted in both threads is also suspect., but I'm not going to fault him for that.

>crazy high OP
he literally took 3 human racial feats

I've tallied the event scores and you still don't have enough unless you spec into diplomacy and play the gift game.

Fighters get shafted in that system.

How's everyone's homebrews coming along, /pfg/?

I just did a massive rehaul with my Avatar class for balance and fluff purposes. Tell me what you think of it, now?

docs.google.com/document/d/10dEgLazR1i9O9Cs0z-6Znw96ocJPu3CVGuEOkCEfqLw/edit?usp=sharing

Its a Divine Barbarian, that transforms into an Elemental. He gains access to Wraths, which boosts his elemental transformation, granting him staples like a breath attack, as well as other more unique abilities like controlling nonmagical flames or quicksanding foes.

It's still 4 from trait + charisma + 2 for a gift at each level and all that's before roleplaying major events well, which he'll likely do.

Are you telling me that a +52 to whatever they need 1/day is not crazy high op?

They list the secret events in the back of the books and it's only like, one or two events that give a +2 to someone.

Assuming you complete every secret event and recognize leveling up adds a +1, you're looking at like, a 36-38 for Ameiko in the Book 6 endgame.

To cheese out his diplomacy score super high for no reason other than to bust this system at the behest of memes.

The trickshot sniper (now called the trickshot hood) has gotten a massive revamp to help make earlier levels better since 1st level was really jank for them.

>Are you telling me that a +52 to whatever they need 1/day is not crazy high op?
It's +32 once a day to skill checks. Go look at his character sheet.

>It's still 4 from trait + charisma + 2 for a gift at each level and all that's before roleplaying major events well, which he'll likely do.
I mean yes. He plans on romancing Ameiko. I don't see why this is a problem.

link?

I might put on up later, maybe as a mini playtest for the weekend, working with a new rookie dev with it to help them get some experience in the industry.

Actually it isn't just diplomacy. He can do that for any skill he has. It's a floating +32 once a day.

Jolly, did you manage to take a look at my homebrews yet?
I did the Empyreus and the Avatar

He's also on file for saying he planned to try to increase the romance score for everyone but only end up with ameiko. That's where the NTR thing came in from. And a +32 once a day is still enough to cheese the relationship system for a +2 with nat 1's until 24, which would probably come after he get's more of a bonus to diplo, so it'd go even farther.

Hey Jolly.

Damn you for making your stuff so good, I'm actually gonna hafta buy Legendary Vigs if I get into this game. I'm operating off old copies of playtest docs until then.

Question though, where was the best place to buy your stuff again? Was it DriveThru?

That awoo looks really comfy!

Not yet, mostly because I've had a ton of stuff of my own. Aren't they on the Paizo boards too? I'll probably comment there since it'll be more visible

.Thanks, I try. It's why this trickshot is taking me so long to get perfect now that I have a new junior dev on board.

Number 1 place would be drivethru with my associate link (which are all on my paizo page:
paizo.com/people/NJolly)

Number 2 is the LG website since I think everyone makes more there.
makeyourgamelegendary.com/

Number 3 is on Paizo so I make it on the top 10 list and it makes me look better.

Ya know, it really does.

Right now the things on my review list are getting my review of the Spellburst Savant out so I can help out Forrest, and then hopefully I'll get onto other things after this whole sample character thing is over.

>Aren't they on the Paizo boards too?

Nice, you actually noticed. I'm touched.

I don't see that being NTR-ish. He has displayed interest in a certain character.

dude just accept the meme

Does ANYONE have a working kingdom building system?

Paizo's system sucks. I want my players to own a fiefdom, become lords of their own lands and build it into a city over time.

The point was that he could swoop in and steal your waifu from under you. The bald, dwarf with 8 cha aspect made it seem even more like a typical NTRing old man.

Of course I did, I have the thread on my watch list. I actually like to check out homebrew when I can, but where I'm at now isn't the best for being able to review it. Also Mercurial Duelist should be out tomorrow in Asian Archetypes: Martials as far as I'm aware.

What's a good Gestalt for a vitalist? I was looking at medic but I don't really know if I could balance my point buy to use the combat. Are there many good mono-wis classes or at least wis-primary classes with some healing?

Do you really think someone like DHB would do that?

Besides we don't have the description of NToRacle. For all we know he could be extremely handsome. What's his attractiveness score? Have we rolled his dick size yet?

Tactician. Their class features complement each other greatly.

it was a meme you dip

>Tactician
>Cha+Int class
>Vitalist
>Wis class
Also the tactician like melee attacks too? It's not gonna go to well my dude.

Isn't there an entire system based around this? Starts with an A.

>Being handsome with a big dick doesn't make it NTR

Nah, the Tactician and Vitalist are in the middle of the group, not at the forefront.

If you're fighting instead of sharing buffs and transferring hitpoints, you're not doing your job right.

Doesn't matter if you invest in 2 mental stats, you'll barely ever use your physical stats except Dex.

Not to mention, you essentially take on the role of party leader, party face and party healer. Your group will suck your dick.

ACKs. Adventurer Conquer King

All you will ever need.

Ehhhh, I dunno. I guess it could work out but that's still 3 mental stats I'd need to focus on. I'd be a little bit of a physical invalid. A psionic battle battery, but an invalid nonetheless.

I love you faggots. no homo.
maybe a little homo maybe a light kiss on the pecker

I didnt think it would post that. This is the only other piece I would recommend. It is army details and whatnot.

Even with fully dumped 8s in all three physical stats you're still not an invalid. Scrawny and worthy of some mockery at the gym, plus you throw like a girl, but you're nowhere near invalid.

Honestly, no one's gonna take a quadraplegic out adventuring with them anyways unless they can permanently effortlessly float wherever and do all the things that need doing without any limbs. Liabilities are bad.

Not really, he could just play an old character.
elderly drop their physical stats a raise their mental stats.

A vitalist / tactician would be like a general or de facto leader or team dad. He doesn't need to be the biggest baddest brute in the group, because he's just as invaluable as a wizard.

I guess 7-8's aren't so bad for most of my physical stats. Especially if I can do a bunch for my allies. I'll play some small race and ride on someone's back so I can use them for cover.

Have not used dragons, would love to use dragoons. Their shtick is jumping - they're supposed to in fluff be anti-dragon 'knights' capable of actually battling them in the skies due to their extreme jumping and ability to safe-fall, they can go *up* to fight a flying dragon and stay up to fight multiple, they're sort of lightning-bruisers, really evasive in combat.

Probably doable via piercing thunder / primal fury.

FF4 has a funny distinction in the after years where regular dragoons can become "Holy dragoons" and use some white magic in addition to their leaping abilities.

FF9 (in its early prototypes) had dragoons emulate a single dragon: Males often emulating the mighty sky-dragon bahamut, and Women often emulating the terrifying water-dragon Leviathan. One of the main party members is a knight/dragoon and in addition to jumping she also throws her spear quite a bit.

FF14 treats lancers/dragoons as a melee dps that likes to attack from the sides or rear.

Legend of Mana also has dragoons, and they're often identified as "dragon knights" imbued with a fraction of the dragons power - capable of fighting along side the dragon either in air or on ground, they are also rather goddamn good at killing dragons.

I once played a Dragoon.

Soulknife.
Used the teleportation blade trick to emulate jump.

Since I'm using a mindblade, I can throw my spears without worry.

At least go for midlife crisis instead of yet-another-team-dad if you go that route.

Heavensward was a dragoon oriented expansion for FF14. The 'warrior of light' (basically the story protagonist) drops his marauder/warrior class to become a dragoon in it.

youtube.com/watch?v=pAoBojYsuOI

In the newest Stormblood trailer, the WoL becomes a monk.

How many Dads do we have so far?

ACKS kinda sucks

The rules could be boiled down to Spend X gold: Get a 1.33 return on your investment

Is it better than BANKS the city the system?

Dragoon needed a LOT of love. Much like many people hoped Cataclysm would be all about the Shaman in WoW (except probably the actual elemental players on the forums; they've looped around past the deep end of jaded and back across a hundred times before, they knew they'd take it up the ass), the Dragoon was in a bad bad place, doing meh DPS despite low utility and with animation lockdowns that were absolutely fatal once you got around to EX bosses.

They needed the help, and from what I'm told they're far more playable now than they were.

One of the biggest problems is everything is completely interchangeable.

Like, there's no difference if you spent 10000 gold building peasant houses, a nice town center, some alchemy shop, a brothel, whatever, you upgrade your demense by X amount so you get Y goodies in return

>Ran away from his family to become an adventurer before he became to old
>Still kinda loves his family and keeps a memento with him
Why do I wanna play this more and more. This was supposed to be a healslut not a feelslut.

On the other hand, I love all the rules for running ships: supply costs for travelling, fees for each port you stop at, you know how many units of goods you can transport, you know how much you can pay/charge for transportation aboard a merchant ship, how much it costs to privately charter one, etc.

So I'm aware that there's a DC10 fly check to avoid losing 10 feet of altitude after taking damage... Shouldn't that be DC10+[damage value]?

Cause it seems to me like a part of what dragoons did was very large singular "fuckoff" strikes that brought their flying opponents down to the ground (if it didnt outright kill them). You see in the heavensward video 4 separate dragoons land their jumping attacks against a dragon to bring it down.

I'm aware. Part of it too was that dragoons had like 0 magic resistance on their gear, so getting hit by a spell just completely destroyed you (you were supposed to be using jump to avoid magic damage I guess?) but in boss fights there were unavoidable aoes, or aoes in general that if you jumped to avoid you'd end up eating shit from something else.

I like how FF14 ones use a lot more halberd like weapons - it seems to lend their weapons a lot of weight and give them something outside of thrusting attacks when on ground.

I hate the women's armor for that. Like, it's cute, but I don't want my gaping belly exposed to be skewered.

shit taste desu

Your best method of Dragooning safely is with Boots of the Cat. They drop your fall damage to 1 each damage die.

My taste may be objectively bad but I still hold to it!

Goblins. They're the Kender of Pathfinder.

There's Dragoons in/for Pathfinder?

That magic armor and weapon, they're his luxury sports-car; not a pure performance machine like you would've gotten and modded at 20, but one with all the little comforts and a GPS, maybe Mercedes SLC, because he tried the BAC Mono and it hurt his back after a few minutes and there wasn't any seat-warmer.

>would love to use dragoons.

You probably didn't notice this, but dragoon vault-crashing is legit powerful in PF thanks to falling damage rules.

"Rule: Creatures that fall take 1d6 points of damage per 10 feet fallen, to a maximum of 20d6. Just as characters take damage when they fall more than 10 feet, so too do they take damage when they are hit by falling objects. If an object falls more than 150 feet, it deals double the listed damage. Note that a falling object takes the same amount of damage as it deals."

At a height of 150 ft. you could deal 20d6x2 against anything below.

There's actually going to be a dragoon option in KOP 4, the kinetic lancer that deals a lot with high jumps, impaling people with energy spears, and stuff like that.

>Uses seat warmer
What kind of horrible monster is he
Does he even use coasters

There are rules specifically for falling objects hitting creatures, and I don't believe creatures count as objects. The fall damage the player takes wouldn't transfer, and it wouldn't be x2 from the distance.

Not really... but there's kind of sort of ways to maybe make them work.

Buffing the shit out of acrobatics for one, then taking a rogue talent / ninja trick to make your jumps always function as though they were running.

Feather Fall is a first level spell, it's not unreasonable to give them a class feature at say second level that says "You don't take falling damage" (maybe with the stipulation that you have to be concious, and the upgrading it at later levels to outright you don't take falling damage).

KOP 4?
Kinetic Lancers, you say?
Something something E rank luck?

Just don't start going on like that one guy a few weeks back that pretended he could add his falling damage twice and then quadruple it as a charge or some other bullshit, since that was fake as fuck.

Anyways, 20d6x2 isn't bad, but it's also not great: For all the movement/time/actions involved you're doing only 40-240, for an average of 140 damage. Which is... well it's okay at level 10, but beyond that is no longer a reliable killing blow. Even as a pounce you'd probably have been better off just pouncing.

One's best bet would simply to be allowed to count enough vertical movement as substituting for being mounted when charging, allowing you to lance things using gravity as your horse. It's simple, straightforward, and allows as much or little scaling as you can pull off with other existing stuff.

I'd call shenanigans if my fall damage from 100ft up in the air doesn't transfer to the person who breaks my fall.

Its an MMO armor. MMO's almost always make the female characters have some sort of sex appeal, and they tend to bulk men the fuck out.

In the Non-MMO's dragoons were always well covered, usually wearing a breastplate with gauntlets + greaves, or a suit of light plate.

Most cars have a little button for it nowadays dude.

The seats heat. In fact they get pretty damn hot; the most common use of that button (especially since they're no longer button, just touch-capacitance spots on the console) is accidentally brushing against it when you're going for something else, and only realizing it two minutes later when your ass is fucking burning hot.

Nah, he said the first 20d6 x2 was from throwing his collosal sword at the target first. The next 20d6x2 came from him charging the bastard while wearing rhino hide armor shortly after.

One of my writer friends showed me the Kinetic Jump feat, and I kind of just made an archetype based around that along with Air's Leap for silly high jumps and no restriction on jump height via movement. It's less about momentum transfer and more about a flying kinetic blade (it's replacing an archetype from the playtest).

damage scales once you increase your size modifier though, which is easy with powerful build, enlarge, etc.

Just to point out before someone gets all SJW on your comment:

WOMEN want this stuff. While there's plenty who like the massive full plate, there's just as many who will *NOT* play covered up in heavy armor because it doesn't show off how cute or hot they are.

In fact, at least once out of the teens, *men* are more likely to cover up their female characters properly than women are!!!

Fucking this.
Every other monster race at least has a schtick that makes sense, but goblins had their only traits ripped out and replaced with WACKY shit to the point where they should have gone extinct.

Paizo goblins are such a fucking forced meme.

Which is an action problem at the least.

Although didn't someone go "alright fuck it" and vastly overpower the guy's damage output with range on top of it just to end the epeen swinging?

or am I just remembering the entire situation too vaguely to be useful anymore

Yep. I'm a guy who almost always plays female characters in MMO's, and somehow it tends to end up with me making a lot of female friends in guilds (mostly because I act like i'm fucking asexual in MMO's unlike most thirsty nerds), and the women always have like the nastiest slutmogs out there, and they're always looking for new ways to make their characters "cute" or "sexy".

Not falling damage

I actually like the WoW goblins; they're a proper fucking race, as jewish as they may be.

Plus, I don't really understand how or why, but somehow, some of their females are... they're actually kinda hot.

.... at least until you hear that screechy voice, anyways.