How to sell gold / silver?

Preciousmetalfags, I have some a small pile of 14K gold jewelry and a few rolls of silver Kennedy half dollar coins that I want to liquidate. How do I go about getting the best pay-out for my metals? A local buyer offered me 80% of the gold's value and 10x face value on the 90% silver coins (which comes out to 86% of the silver value). Are these normal/fair prices? I'm not expecting spot price, but I was hoping for 90%...is that unreasonable?

Other urls found in this thread:

coinflation.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Assuming anyone will answer real question on fantasy internet coins board

sub 925 sterling silver and below 18k gold is considered lower grade

you can shop around but dont expect much better weight prices.
check coin stores to see if anyone is more interested in the numismatic value. i dont deal with jewelry, you'd maybe need to find a private buyer

There used to be preciousmetalfags on here. I guess they all left :\

Veeky Forums kinda sucks now

Good question so bumping.

I'm sitting on 100oz of 999 silver in bars and coins. Still accumulating, but would be good to know if any has any experience in this

14 CT = 58% AU.
Go to Coinflation.com find the value on yer halves
coinshops charge u both ways. coinflation has a fair market % for yer in and outs

I am talking from experience, but:

If you have bullion (Silver, gold, platinum, rhodium, etc): Kitco are paying spot price. For bullion, dont expect anything else than spot price.

For jewelry and others, forget about it. You won't get much more than what a jeweller is willing to pay. Lmk user!

id like to know more too. looking to get into metals, bought 2x 1 oz bar of silver to begin with..

sshhhhhhh. and why bars. you no likeeee the coinz. bullion best rounds n bars have sometime issues. but if its silver okay

for someone looking to get into bullions where to buy, apemex or kitco? also any recommendations on what to buy? was thinking bars of silver and keep them in pristine/packaged new condition + gold grams/oz if i can afford

I like money metals exchange. best rates I have found.

If you like what you see there I can set you up with a referal code and get you 1/2 oz silver round free with first order. First order ships free too if you buy their 'starter pack' which is usually pretty decent but changes from time to time.

Depend on your country. You can't go wrong with Kitco, but I love silvergoldbull. They accept cryptos also, so...!

avoid bars/rounds starting out. deadly serious about this.

get a tube of gov backed, maples/brits/eagles those kind, dealers will always buy them back at or close to spot and quickly because they are protected by law.

coinflation.com/

yo go lookeee in the right hand corner. you see bid/ask. gooood. FU Jm Bullion FU kitco they fucky you long time likes we buy gold DBs

why you shill? question was sell / no buy.

aren't gold and silver prices falling? why are you guys accumulating precious metals? do you just buy it and hope for the price to rise in the future?

also, aren't you afraid that we will start space mining at some point?

Ok, so basically you're telling me I should probably just accept the coinshop guy's offers.

It'll get me about $800, which I plan to put into crypto. Is this dumb?

Similar boat, I have about 14k in gold bullions from jmbullion, not planning on selling though. The shitty part about selling is that you need to get it verified......... means you have to pay.

you no see. u buy coinz with paper, riiight. you buy gold with paper, riiight. which one can you hide in back yard? wich one if you keep mouth closed no one will findeee?

no shill, Its legit who i use. They buy over spot for coins, rounds not sure, and the reply was to someone looking to "get into", which their starter pack and free 1/2 gives them a selection of coins they could dump back to money metals for a profit immediately.

>STOP GIVING ADVICE FOR FREE MONEY ITS SHILLING

Seung ull no

dont sell your physical PM for internet coins... that is fucking stupid

So if the market price of silver is $20, and I have one American Silver Eagle Coin, can I trade it at a shop for at least $20? Or am I ganna get jewed?

you not get ur moneee til u numisty it awhile

At least the online dealer i use pays over spot for eagles, maples, etc.

I would say who but I already did and got attacked for shilling, there are probably more but they tend not to publish price lists except to established customers.

ohhh so you're all being paranoid about some catastrophic future event?

What? Stop talking like a ching chong lol

b-b-but what about the moon missions and lambos? My metals aren't going to give me 10x returns just sitting there...the stupid internet coins might..no?

personally I'm not, I'm betting that in the not so distant future alot of people will freak out about that same concept though.

Around 09-11 people were buying eagles for ~80 usd if you met them for cash deals face to face. Because they were so paranoid the end of the world was coming and didnt want 'the man' to know they had them.

Also its pretty dank to hold a pile of precious metal in your hands.

Don't be dumb. My family had a store of precious metals, we sold it all in August for ETH and BTC, quadrupled what was turning into bags (bought around 2010 mostly). If you don't trade like a retard, you'll be able to buy it all back in a month or three unless the bottom drops out.

................will the bottom drop out?
It would be just my luck if the market crashes as soon as I enter. I'm not sure what to make of the surge in normie attention? Is it a sign of the end of times? Or do you think we have at least a couple years of bubble growth left?

who is it user i wont attack you

is it apmex?

easy for you to say, you bought BTC when it was sub $5k

there no more obvious moon missions anymore, were in ATHs

Buying bitcoin at $5000 wasn't obvious. It was ATH then too. That's the crazy thing with crypto.

you are unironically and ironically speculating simultaneously

this. Being prepared is not the same thing as being paranoid. By being prepared, you never have to be paranoid.

Where do you think we got money to buy PM?

Do you really think crypto is just gonna go up forever without taking breaks? Have fun with that.

i have the best advice from anyone in this thread since i am a jewelers son

moneymetals.com