Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Try joining any of /pfg/'s four official anime ERP games! Remember, 2hus are banned from all of them!
app.roll20.net/join/1770733/2aujeQ
app.roll20.net/join/1604335/ceFFkA
app.roll20.net/join/1813269/NClvMw
app.roll20.net/join/1816336/dwc2Sg

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Broken Shackles Playtest: app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/59701/broken-shackles-test-play
Creation Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1kitAB8sHgmuD3fvOMuI_KyV_dxpO2wrxQmbnCoRgglA/edit#
Avowed Playtest: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Malefex Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing

Old Thread:

Fuck off, you're so wrong it hurts.

Four games?

>Avowed Playtest
Noice, but I agree with one guy a couple of threads back being somewhat disappointed with the Self Pact. I also think that something like pledging your very being to a heroic ideal (Legendary Pact?) so you become less of a person but more like living story would be a nice addition. Also, pact with the World/Nature. Become the guardian fighting extinction events and otherwordly influence.

Self Pact has DIVINE GRACE at level 4 and PERMANENT HASTE at level 8.

I'll be DMing my first campaign on Sunday, anyone have any advice or anything? Should I use a premade campaign, or should I come up with my own? I'd like to eventually work it into a larger campaign once everyone in my group becomes a little more familiar with Pathfinder.

Also, is it possible to play without a mat/grid/whatever? I'm ordering one, but there's no way it's gonna get here by the time I play.

So I need opinions on this:
>changed craft wondrous and broke it up
>Magic Clothier handles Leather and Cloth goods
>Magic Smith handles arms, armor, shields
>Magic Jeweler handles rings, amulets, and some bracelets
>Magic Alchemist handles potions and some slottless wondrous items
>Magic Inscriber handles scrolls and rods
>Magic wood worker handles wands and staves
How terrible is this?

So what? I am not saying it's weak, just boring. It's basically "become shounen protagonist" or "Super Monk" Pact. It could be so much weirder.

>that OwO in the background

>ERP games
Yeah kill yourself, even autistic player's aren't this fucking depraved.

Who is actually planning on ERPing? DHB has said he isn't. Who is.

What happened to this general? Every fucking OP pic is some generic anime bait and now we're advertising "official anime ERP games"? What the fuck?

>How terrible is this?

Absolutely disgusting, you just took a very simple feat system and made it fucking frustrating for no reason at all.

It's because some twatbasket's made it his life's work to advertise every fucking /pfg/ game as being ERP, regardless of fucking anything it's about.

It's garbage, go to the other pfg thread, these faggots need to be purged to /b/.

Someone is incredibly quick on the draw for making Generals, and apparently they think general anime bullshit is the way to go?

It's because Craft Wondrous Items is way too good.

>you just took a very simple system and made it fucking frustrating for no reason at all.

This IS Pathfinder, after all.

Everyone has dropped Pathfinder except weeb faggots and hard-core minmaxing autists.

Craft wondrous is too strong though.

What's one more unbalanced facet of Pathfinder?

No, fuck this shit. Real thread

>thing A is really good compared to things B through E
>rather than making those other things worthwhile, or even spreading some of thing A into those other things so thing A doesn't hold all the cards, I will gut thing A and make it a bloated mess
>surely this makes perfect sense!

This kind of design is where Swashbuckler came from.

What do you suggest then? Craft Wondrous IS too strong to exist. It shouldn't.

This thread has more posts, doesn't matter if you like the OP.

>No, fuck this shit. Real thread

user, I am going to put this very bluntly.

Don't like the OP? Don't read the OP. Continue conversations or start new ones and when the thread hits the limit, start one yourself. This "wah wah I don't like the OP" bullshit is petty and ridiculous and can be solved by literally waiting a couple hours.

You can't fix something by just making everything else also as gameplay disrupting, but then I forget that this is also the DSP fanclub and where I am

It is possible to play without a mat, but more fun with one.

Also do a premade. Even just a one shot to get you started working on things so you know how to play.

Best advice if you are starting your own campaign, don't force the players into something. Let them do things and except some of it.

Also have a list of random NPC names written down at all times to help. Fill it in with bits of info when you create them. That way if the players meet someone, you have a name ready and it looks like you are more prepared than you actually are.

Welcome to being a martial. No wait, you still have a spell list so only halfway to martial.

Oh yeah I took off the CL requirements for everything but making scrolls/potions/wands as well.

Oh gee, it's not like he gave two suggestions in the post you were quoting.
Oh wait, he did.

>rather than making those other things worthwhile, or even spreading some of thing A into those other things so thing A doesn't hold all the cards

So more feats but the DC is 5 easier for lacking a CL... but still +5 per other requirement like spells yu don't know?

But that doesn't fix the fact that craft wondrous is broken. Making other things broken doesn't change the fact that craft wondrous warps the game.

The spells you don't know is covered if you have a "non functional" spell component. Basically it isn't enough for a wizard to prepare with but enough documentation I make an item out of. I costed it at 1/3 of the cost for a wizard to copy a spell.

Otherwise yeah, +5. I also made it so you had to use Craft and not Spellcraft. That's why it was seperated by craft skill.

Seems not too terrible then. Could even allow Fighters to take some crafting with their bonus feats, being so gear reliant they could use the boost of crafting their own. Perhaps use their BAB in place of craft skills, at least for combat related gear.

Reviewing the list again makes me note that some of my reaction was kind of knee-jerk, and I do at least appreciate the CONCEPT you're going for, but the way you've paired things off is still wonky as fuck. Your categories are pretty whack, and it's all very vague.

>rods aren't paired off with wands and staves for some reason, despite them all being "magic sticks you can hold"
>tattoos aren't there at all, despite craft: tattoo being pretty garbage unless you cheese it in extremely questionable ways
>alchemy is still depressingly narrow in scope, just like craft: potion
>does not account for any of those other, highly specific crafts, like craft: ooze/plant creature/fleshcrafting poison.

This wouldn't be an issue if the OP wasn't obviously trolling and trying to start shit by including links to four "official ERP games".

so now that we've had time to digest what are the most interesting characters in RotJR? Most interesting mechanics? Backstory? Overall?

Also lets do more talk about back stories I like talking about back stories!

The fallout from having an OP like this is minimal, that's the thing. The absolute worst case scenario is people scum up the campaigns (and get kicked) or the General gets deleted (another one will be made.) It's a stupid image with some cancerous content, but there's not much you can or should do about it besides ignore and replace when the time comes to replace it.

>Most interesting Mechanics
I'm really, really liking what the retired swordlord's doing with his character; he took a heavily-armored two-handing class and managed to make it entirely around being effective unarmored, with a single light weapon. The skills complement the feats complement the class features.

>Most interesting backstory?

I'm in love with Song Lilin, she's a character I want to see succeed and return to Shokuro a heroine, hopefully with a big burly partner by her side! Runner ups include the Kaijitsu Sisters (uniformly excellent) and Anja.

>and Anja.
I actually love how much of an inversion versus typical tropes this backstory is. I've seen a lot of "Parent dead, time for revenge" stories, and such a character killing himself, even by accident, is extremely out of the ordinary. On top of that, normally this results in a broody character, but this one instead turned peppy because she has an eldritch abomination eating her negative emotions.

Personally I like NToRacle on both he mechanical side and back story. I appreciate the fact he isn't weeb as well. Honestly I like him more NTRDwarf.

I like DHB's characters. The only problem is that what ever does no one else in he party can do because he is just too good at it.

Fuck I hope the rumors about you being removed are true.