Which MTG color do you prefer?

Well, apparently posting Dragons fucking Cars as the OP was not a wise decision.

What's your favorite color on the MTG color pie, Veeky Forums?

Which MTG color is your favorite, and why? Note I say favorite, not best. What do you prefer to play?

strawpoll.me/11717375

In the meantime, post your cards with the best art or the best flavor. I love comfy lands and flavorful cards.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/4fndeDfaWCg
youtu.be/XSvLTZu8Ejc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Make way for the comfiest set of lands in MTG.

Say what you want, pic-related has the best art, best flavor, and is a pretty killer general in Commander.

Not a MTG guy, but why is white obviously yellow?

Shit, that was NOT what I meant to post.

Because white is for colorless cards.

Kek.

Hilarious, but I do actually agree with you. Gods have the best art.

Here's something that does Justice to the art.

Did... did me playing Void Snare actually return the last thread to OP's hand?

I posted the OP, but I didn't post the rest of the Dragon-car gallery. Attempting to start the thread over again, but with Best Art an Flavor cards.

Shit's weird, and blue mana is a hell of a drug.

I shall use such power irresponsibly and without remorse, for the betterment of me-kind.

Well, it's currently in second place on the poll.(Third if you count the votes for "Colorless isn't a Color."

Mirrodin lands are just too...pointy.

My favorite colors are red and green because I'm a big stupid Timmy at heart and I fuckin' love Goblins and Creatures: The Tappening.

Eh, I'm a Slut for panoramic lands.

Green
>always loved just having animals as creatures
>pretty woods
>I love big guns
>yes I compensate

Same. Also, Naturalize. It says something that our most common removal has a Shakespeare quote on it. Feels... homey.

Posting Shakespeare quotes. I like Shakespeare. I'm perfectly aware that he's not the greatest English Author, no need to argue the point.

Wait, if Shakespeare isn't the best English writer, then who is?

Red is objectively the best color. Please, before you become upset allow me to explain.

Red's combination of strengths and weaknesses make it the most interesting color. Spontaneous expression of emotion through action is the most unfiltered method of expression. The least is lost in translation from emotion to action. Spontaneity also creates conflict well. A high value in freedom and independence creates conflict better than conformity. Even in a world where everything is the same, red will fight tooth and claw to somehow be different and unique.

Red also has motherfucking lightning bolt.

Lightning. Bolt.

I myself have always been partial to forces that play with metaphysical concepts both in the way that they effect the world, and how we perceive them as effecting the world. Blue for me. That, and I love the idea of using Mind-magic to force youtu.be/4fndeDfaWCg to be heard in someone's head eternally.

No one. That's a meaningless question that's perpetuated by first year English and Drama majors so they can Shill Shakespeare non-stop.

Shakespeare only seems so great because you have autists who can act obsess over him to the point that they put every fiber of emotion into their art. You're not looking at the result of good writing, you're seeing the result of obsession and perfectionism.

>ghoulcalling.gif

Personally, I like black. Black combos well with everything, does a little bit of everything, and has plenty of interesting combos.

Well, according to the poll, white is the least popular color. Can anyone shed some light on why that is?

I'm pretty sure that a lot of us mix White with other colors, but the color by itself is just... meh. Good Human tribals, great starting game, best life-gain of any set, but it just doesn't have that power feel we like. It's great if you can get combos off it, but life-gain for its own sake feels pretty pointless.

Also, not many on Veeky Forums qualify for Paladin/Cleric status.

But we all have the perfect mix of amoral fantasies, desire for evil, and love of mind games that qualify us for black and blue.

Why do you think we manage to have so many Magical Realm and Grimdark threads. If Veeky Forums were to be statted, it's alignment would be "Alignment is a stupid method of measuring morality and it inhibits roleplaying." After that, there would be a quiet, begrudging "Chaotic Neutral."

Well i voted for white. My decks are almost always primarily white. Personally i feel like generally speaking it has good control options, what with exiles and board wipes and what not . I also like it's fluff usually.

>If Veeky Forums were to be statted, it's alignment would be "Alignment is a stupid method of measuring morality and it inhibits roleplaying." After that, there would be a quiet, begrudging "Chaotic Neutral."

I kek'd

If we were planeswalkers we would form the cruelest and most depraved league of villains across the planes.

Well, so far, we can all agree shitty grey diamonds are shitty. Following that, our favourite Magic decks seem to be bruise colored, Black and Blue all around, with Red and Green tied for last.

Green and white are in last.

Blue and Black amoral master race shall reign eternal, with our boundless cruelty and magical realms.

"The league of Rather Curmudgeonly and slightly dickish Gentlemen."

Red and green are tied for lastthird, white is absolute last, and we Don't dignify Colorless with a place.

> "Jace, just what the hell are they doingo n this plane?"
> "I... I don't know. This plane has just as much mana as any other, so it's certainly not impressive in any right. So what the hell could they mean by 'magical realm?'"
> "I don't know but everyone here looks built for sex and it's making me pretty uncomfortable."

> "Liliana! What happened? Where did that bastard go?"
> "H-he just screamed something about the 'Backstreet Boys' and hit us with some spell... oh Gods. Oh Gods, Jace, the music. IT WON'T STOP."
> "Liliana? LILIANA!?"

>"Why is everything so incredibly shitty around here?"
>"something about the grimoire of the future, I think? I may have mishead."

> "Behold my GREATEST SPELL! youtu.be/4fndeDfaWCg"
> "What kind of incantation is th- OH GODS WHY!?"

I'm getting a 404 here.

I ain't havin' no problems opening it here.

Try youtu.be/XSvLTZu8Ejc

Did someone say amoral magical realms!?

Mono-color? It'd be white, because I like the "stick together!" theme and the feel that I've got a little army of Soldiers, Warriors, etc.
2-color I like RW and GW the most. Simic are pretty cool too. Not fond of BR or BW.

Because why follow any form of moral reasoning when you have spells like this, right?

You don't need to be a good person when everyone around loves you just the way you are.

Brown, the Myr specifically.
F

I only really started Magic a few months ago so my opinion is skewed, but Green and Black are a ton of fun.

I'd like to start playing White Blue but the faggots at my shop seem to have a vitriol hatred for Blue so I'm always nervous to bring it or they wont shut up about it.

I would like to point out that this change a lot -between formats, have no idea whats going on in standard right now,
- eternal formats like Modern/Legacy/Vintage, blue is king (less so in modern) and has been since the early history of the game.
- the older formats get progressively "faster" and combo is a factor so being able to inter-react on turn 1 and 2 to are a must. i.e. blue is a must.
come on guys: FOW, time walk, brainstorm?

BRAINSTORM!?!?!?

Red, white, green, black are all cool, and they all work better with blue.

Play Blue. Do yourself a favor and read Wizards Soul, it's a Manga. The main Character is an exaggeration of how it feels to be a Blue player in MTG

On one hand, yeah, you won, but to do it you spent most of your efforts taking apart your opponents deck and turning it against them.

when i started out, i played white because i thought shit tons of life was cool. since then i've played with other colors but i still am most comfortable playing with white. pic is my boy, especially fun if you toss on a heavy arbalest and a gorgons head

i think artifacts are also cool, but colorless is not a color.(absolutely adore the m12 empires trio)

lately though i like to play with white and black. whether its spawning a shit ton of tokens then grinding them down into a martyrs bond, or my latest fancy making people commit suicide with a tainted remedy and a butchers glee/whatever cheap instant lifelink giving card i can get or maybe tossing out a congregate/healing hands on my opponent.
first deck makes me feel like a cult leader and making my people drink the koolaid, second one makes me feel like im smiting motherfuckers.

i like to play with gimmicks. dont really care if its viable or not. i want it to be fun.

So, it is like this?

>i like to play with gimmicks. dont really care if its viable or not. i want it to be fun.

Guys I found the Johnny.
Veeky Forums is by majority a Timmy-Johnny group

Black, because it is the coolest.

Also, flexibility at the cost of life is an awesome niche.

It's more like... from what I can tell, a majority of MTG players who "enjoy" Magic are the Timmy-Johnny Archetype.(Veeky Forums was especially this in a recent poll) They're In it to have fun and love crazy combos, and respect getting beat in that manner.

Blue isn't about outclassing or countering combos, it's "No, Fuck You, you don't get to do that," until you've left your opponents side of the field a smoldering heap of suck and tears, then winning with a couple creatures that they should've been able to take out if they'd been able to do anything. It's frustrating, and it garners no interesting tales.

Blue mages; consumed by hubris, bereft of ambition. Ever toiling in conceited effort to self-aggrandize. I will have your head on a pike.

Nigger.

We should enforce gender pronouns through legislation!

Red. Aggressive creatures and burn for removal and reach, gotta love it.

DUDE WE NEED MORE MANA

I now understand why nobody voted for White.

[casts chalice internally]

White is actually great,
just not for the reasons that people think it is.
black is right
gaining life is dumb.

This man has both played, and been played by Blue. He gets it.

Where's the Blue?

Here's an autograph kid now fuck off.

So, seems like it's a vote for second place as Black takes a clear lead. Blue has held the second so far, but Red and Green are only a few votes behind. I'm genuinely interested in the results of this. Can't wait.

>tfw no one is posting the official color combo guide

White's my personal favorite in terms of both philosophy and gameplay. I like building things on the battlefield, be that a big army of dudes or a bunch of enchantments, and white is the best color for both while being able to fill other roles. Lifegain is super-suboptimal but fun if you do it right.

Philosophically, I'm pretty on board with the notion that we're all in this together and everyone deserves a fair shake. Of the five colors, White's most inclined to do what it thinks is right over what it thinks is convenient, which I find most respectable.

>I like building things on the battlefield
So you like losing to blue.

Is grey a color?

As of Oath of the Gatewatch, yep.

>Which MTG color is your favorite, and why? Note I say favorite, not best. What do you prefer to play?

Red. I like the following: chaos effects, atypical shenanigans, creatures with haste, temporary creature buffs, tokens, dealing damage to creatures and/or players. Also, the other colors become much more enjoyable to play when combined with Red.

It's called MUD, you fucking heathens

No colour is best colour

I've always had a soft spot for the RDW style of gameplay, no matter the colour it's in. I'm running a GDW in pauper right now.

Also best goblin art/flavour incoming.

Wtf is Green Deck Wins? Thats not how that works...

RDW is called that because goblin guides, swifspears, and bolts win very efficiently, effectively and quickly

Young Wolf, Skarrgen Pit-Skulk, Garruk's Companion, Rancor. There's a GDW in Pauper.

Looks like Black has a clear lead, but Red, Green, and Blue are currently in a dead tie.

White is actually both sides of that argument. All the time.
White is "inclusive" like tumblr or "orderful" like /pol/
All the time.

But thats just mono-g stompy. Just cause a deck is mono-coloured doesnt mean you call it X Deck Wins. Otherwise ever deck is X Deck Wins.

stop triggering my autism and appropriatin red culture. REEEEEEEEEE

When you can be one of the fastest decks in the format, you are X Deck Wins.

Thats not how it works REEEEEEE

muh tradittion

So... White is the worst parts of being both a Paladin and a Politician.

Basically. You just have to figure out where you sit on the slider and then live by that, and boom, that's how you white.

Like Paladins and Politicians, white is also too hung up on Healthcare.

Apparently Veeky Forums says otherwise. Black has a clear lead over anything else, even the meme option.

Colorless is not a color, so says Veeky Forums

I love playing my WhiteRedBlue fakeassjeskai deck as controll-aggro, but Im a sucker for Eldrazi too, everytime I m inflicting damage I feel like I could do more, I need more raw power.

Why did I have stop playing MtG just a year before them?
Why?

Now OP done it. Post dragons fucking Kars.

Because whatever else, Wizards at least knows how to appeal to their audience. My current theory is that they know that they can't win with everyone, so they rotate their audience focus each block. The new Innistrad appealed to Edgy MTG players who are in WOD campaigns, and Kaladesh appealed to... well, everyone except Energy haters I guess.