Pathfinder sure is bad

Pathfinder sure is bad.

Other urls found in this thread:

icv2.com/articles/markets/view/35144/top-5-rpgs-spring-2016
archive.foolz.us/tg/thread/29538483/#29552412
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's bad because it's 3.5 with a new painjo--- wait... i think i've been here before... i think we've had this conversation before.... i am getting total dejavu from this thread...

Maybe because OP is a faggot and keeps reposting the same image as though it's new content?

I used to love Pathfinder and everything about it until I realized how garbage it is compared to other systems. It's better than Fourth or Fifth Ed. but that isn't saying much.

>the shit I took today was better than the shit I took last night!

>better than 5th ed
>better than anything
Pathfinder is an aberration of tabletop gaming. At least 5th ed has some sense of self-awareness.

Good fucking god, who gives a shit?

>He's never had a fantastic dump
I feel bad for you famalam.

>>pathfinder
>>better than 5th ed

Nope

There's a group of super autistic trolls who won't stop until they feel that they've somehow made the edition they hate less popular.

Considering it's been 16 years and it's still at #2, you can expect another decade of this.

Eh, it's probably just your imagination.

Good fucking god, who gives a shit?

This.

it goes
3e>2e>1e>basic>>>>>>>>>e
4e can not really be compared on the same scale as it is not really d&d but it is at least miles better then 5e

oh and pathfinder is about 1/4 between basic and 5e still shit but not as much of a crime against tabbletop as 5e is

Yep, Shitseeker sucks

Paizo knows it too, that's why they are cutting support for Shitseeker in 2017. They are literally taking the money and running.

How is it a crime against tabletop gaming?

>advantage
>bonds and there associated features
>advantage
>restricts magic items not because the designers think thats a good idea but to appease anti magic item faggots
>advantage

>#2

HAHAHAHA. No son. No it is not. Not at least on any list that matters. Last time I checked RPG Geek it was at 33-32.

It's pretty mediocre but what can you do? There're more fish in the water so if you don't like it do like everyone else and play other games.

>I hate it when mechanics work correctly I prefer when the only thing that matters is muh optimized build
t. shitseeker

What's wrong with advantage?

My problem is not advantage (just bonuses with another name and less stacking) my problem is there's little to no synergy in the game, is too fucking simple.

I'll stay with FC and Anima thank you.

pathfinder is not much better
>lets take 3e and instead of fixing the real problem of the skill system make it even worse by changing the class skill system that was the only thing keeping it remotely balanced and then proceded to fuck a bunch of other shit up and create the caster superiority that people pretend 3e has.

What arbitrary lists matter more than sales numbers?

icv2.com/articles/markets/view/35144/top-5-rpgs-spring-2016

Huh I was right, this is our designated shitposter for the month

it does not stack
you get the same bonus for a mild distraction as you do for weeks of painstaking preparation for an assaination

its also to major a bonus its just to good for minor stuff

Quit posting this, you faggots.
I think PF is the worst version of D&D, but I'd run a whole campaign of the shit if it meant I wouldn't have to listen to you spergs.

Technically, since advantage is just a roll both and take higher rather than a static bonus you are correct. It doesn't stack. It instead improves as your character improves just like any bonus that does stack

BTFO

user's point isn't about it not improving with your character, it's that there no room for variation with circumstance bonuses. You either have advantage or you don't.

Yeah, a mosquito bite is as much of a disadvantage as being blind.

There are tons of RPGs being played that aren't even being sold at all more, including the older editions of D&D.

Sales numbers obviously can't indicate what is and isn't being played and to what extent.

Which is exactly like a stacking bonus. You either have it or your don't.

True, but it's something to compare to the more recent editions.

how would you actually go about measuring what's being played in someone's basement? any metric you come up with is going to be under some kind of bias

besides, from a business perspective sales are all that matters

a circumstance bonus can be anything like a +2 or a +10, depending on the /circumstances/

advantage is just a reroll, with no room to distinguish between having a lucky rock or having a painstakingly crafted plan

>with no room to distinguish
Besides the relative strength of your character. An advantage gained by a stronger character is a stronger advantage.

It's not even better then 3.5, whose mistakes can be excused by the fact that it was trying new stuff.

Pathfinder was built to be bad.

There's no way this is true. They have so many fucking products and are still one of the top selling games. Why would they stop the gravy train?

>still one of the top selling games
Why do you keep repeating this obvious falsehood?

but you can't distinguish between two equally strong characters in unequal circumstances"

>obvious falsehood
please post your own sales numbers or refrain from shitposting

Circumstance bonuses are just a way for rule lawyers to manipulate inexperienced GMs into giving them a far higher bonus than is actually warranted. Stop throwing a fit just because your favorite little cheat got taken away.

See

??

so if you GM you give the guy that once read a book about goblins the same circumstance bonus as a guy that lived with them for years

seems like lazy GMing to me

And so the strawmaning begins

I can also say disadvantage is a way of cunt GMs to negate Advantage from features (see reckless attack) with stuff like "nah, you get distracted by a fly, disavantage cancels your reckless attack bonus". This is the same level of unrelated retard argument you're pushing right now, so stop strawmaning and moving the goalpost.

How is that an answer to that?

Paizo is lying about their sales figures to trick people into still buying Pathfinder shit through the holidays. They are dropping the announcement in first quarter 2017.

>citation needed
as i said, sources or please stop shitposting

Link from shows they're still high up there.

Or just walk into literally any nerd store out there and take a look. You'll find PF books and 5e books and that'll be fucking it. They can't be doing poorly if they're able to stock shelves. If they were struggling they would A) not have dozens of tie in products on store shelves or B) scale things back or go full PDF like GURPS did.

>They can't be doing poorly if they're able to stock shelves.

They absolutely can; being on shelves can mean that the product is not moving.

See: SFV.

Not saying it's the case with PF though.

Can't wait until all your parents money turns out to be wasted when your books become completely worthless in February.

Screenshot this

The fuck does that ev-oh so your just some bitter euro, suddenly the amount of ass hurt makes so much sense.

It's, you're too dumb to figure it.

>t. shitseeker

>I was actually right
Oh shit, it's a Thanksgiving day miracle.

>implying I own shitsearcher books
I'm mad BECAUSE they are popular dumbass. Did you completely miss the negative tone? Also, without the company supplying books second-hand market would become worth more, that's how economics works when you cut supply and have equal demand.

And where is this "dead in February" thing coming from? I'd be real happy if they did, but I won't believe it without a source.

OH BOY IS IT THIS TIME AGAIN!?

He's talking about how trumps going to ruin our economy or something, hence my erotrash comment above.

Blind is an actual condition in the book, dumbass.

Which gives you disadvantage the same thing a mosquito bite gives you, are you in the argument user? you seem absent

It gives disad PLUS a load of other shit. Holy fuck are you dumb.

Mosquito bite doesn't give disadvantage. If you're going to argue, there is a dozen things you could use as an example that actually happen in the game instead of strawmanning. A mosquito bite doesn't even impart a -1 in 3e. The fuck kind or example is that?

>tfw these are getting regularly reposted after I dredged them up a few days ago
Feels good to shit on 3.PFaggots

I have to thank you for not using that retarded faggot's 'shitseeker'.

I'm like 90% sure its just Richard Petty trying to falseflag, it fits his style of fixating on a single word and spamming it like mad.

>t. fucking furious shitseeker fan

Nigga I just posted 5 examples of why Pathfinder is utter garbage.

You are just going full retard.

Jeeze man I was just trying it out.

Seems like it worked pretty good even if I can't tell who's samefagging who in this thread :^)

That's an impressive set of quadsand dubs

More importantly: holy shit, why are Paizo staff such asshole faggots?

>Hey your system is broken, what was the thought process? Can you please fix it?
>FUCK YOU RETARD RAW IS INFALLIBLY AWESOME

yup

it's actually worse than 3.5

>Seems like it worked pretty good even if I can't tell who's samefagging who in this thread
It's not him getting mad over the word, it's him getting mad over your apparent idiocy of attempting to buttblast someone who's supporting your argument.

The phrase "you were only pretending to be retarded" fits here. What are you trying to accomplish, except make yourself look like a fool?

Are you from Bizarro world?

The real ranking is...

God Tier
B/X
BECMI/Rule Cyclopedia

Great Tier
2e
4e

Good Tier
1e

Meh Tier
5e

Lower than Whaleshit Tier
3.x

Shit Singularity Tier
Pathfinder

>spendinbg money on PF
>ever
>when literally all the rules can be found online for free
You're a special kind of retard, aren't you

So can someone explain to me what is stopping someone from just homeruling all the bullshit away? I mean, is that not the point? To find a system that works good enough for what you're doing then have the GM just homerule all the imbalanced stuff? I can understand that Paizo is full of shitters as well as having a bunch of cocksmokers at the ready but why should this stop me from using the setting/system? Is it so broken that I should just go find 3.5 resources instead?

i will agree with you on pathfinders tier but its still better then 5e

Traditional games don't need more women, trannies or genderfluid niggerkin.

They need more buff lolis.

Saiyan Satan do you have the screencap where the guy proves that a Water Balloon based fighter is better than a Crossbow fighter if he adds Opium to the balloons?

>I can understand that Paizo is full of shitters as well as having a bunch of cocksmokers at the ready but why should this stop me from using the setting/system?
The setting is kinda trash imo.
And yeah, that's what most sane pf players do, we add a whole bunch of 3pp and homerules until we get it to a point we can stand. Hell, /pfg/ gets regularly asked by both homebrewers and 3pp devs to review and playtest theuir materials.
But eventually when you do all that stuff, which you have to do a lot of considering most of the core mechanics suck, you can't help but ask "Is this worth it, or should I just look for a new/better system entirely?"

5e aggressively tries to be as non-offensive as possible. I'd rather play it any day of the week over anything based 3.x. It is the compromise solution that makes no one happy, but conversely makes no one mad.

Shove your head up your ass a bit more, I think you might be able to find daylight.

Man, I got no fucking clue. The stupidest part is like a week after SKR went on that tear, they erreted the fucking hex anyway.

I'm going to say Shitseeker as often as possible now, you retarded queers really are fucking furious.

Other then a few retards as proven in this thread who swear its a sin against gaming, because they seem to be unable to understand it.

If I'm going to have to houserule so many fucking things to get a game that halfway doesn't suck, I might as well just make my own at that point.

I'm not giving fuckers money, and then doing their goddamn job for them.

Play something that isn't 3/PF based.

Do you have any examples of Non Sean K Reynolds paizo employees being dickish?

>So can someone explain to me what is stopping someone from just homeruling all the bullshit away?

>what's wrong with a Ford Pinto man? Sure it's slow, dangerous, and cramped, but you can just MODIFY it to be good!

Why i play 4e/5e.

Sadly no, but I do have this.

(OP)
>archive.foolz.us/tg/thread/29538483/#29552412

Rockzo, the Rock 'N Roll Clown
Male Orc Barbarian 20, Hurler Archetype
Traits: Surprise Weapon (UCa 54), (____)
Feats:
1 - Throw Anything
3 - Quick Draw
5 - Deadly Aim
7 - Two-Weapon Fighting
9 - Rapid Shot
11 - Improved Two-Weapon Fighting
13 - Point Blank Shot
15 - Precise Shot
17 - Clustered Shots
19 - Greater Two-Weapon Fighting

Point Buy 25p: 17/15/14/10/10/10
Post-Racial: 21/15/14/8/8/8
Post-Character Level Bonuses: 26/15/14/8/8/8
Post-Items: 37/19/14/8/8/8
Post-Rage: 45/19/14/8/8/8

Items Purchased: Greater Belt of Hurling and Strength +6 (Can someone price this?)
Gloves of Dexterity +4
Strength Tome +5
Handy Haversack
Lots and lots of balloons full of opium (I'll see how much fits in the sack later).

Attack Routine (While raging):
+31/+31/+31/+26/+26/+21/+21/+16
Damage:
1d2+29 HP, 8d4 Strength, 8d4 Constitution per round (244 HP, 20 STR, 20 CON avg.) [252 HP, 32 STR, 32 CON avg.]
Cost per Round: 25*8=200gp
Range Increment: 30'

So, falseflagging it is. Thanks for proving that.

it makes plenty of people mad with advantage

>slowly moves from original to improved classes splat by splat
>actually has a tier 3 balace going on with enough classes and types of classes that you don't need the broken ass core shit anymore
This is what WotC should have done. PF just did it slowly.

I wouldn't call them "people"

Modifying a game does not require money, only time. I could also spend this time trying to find and learn another system but that is a cost that has to be determined at the time of the action. And since i'm running into this very problem with 5e my current mood is to just modify and homebrew the shit into something better since I already know how it works and the players already know how it works.
>I'm not giving fuckers money, and then doing their goddamn job for them.
As somebody else said, everything is already out there free to use and piracy or not, I try before I buy.

Why the flying fuck would I waste my time on that pile of shit to beat it into something half useable, when I could just use a game that's not a broken pile of shit? Fuck off.

Gotcha senpai.

How about you suggest a fucking alternative then you cockgobbling shitmonger. Instead of screaming like a fucking baby
>DON'T PLAY THIS
tell me what I should play in fucking place of it that fulfills the same role as it does. If that system is actually better or more workable then I won't even look at PF without the need to give a shit about their crap dev team.

Damn this Shitseeker devotee is losing his damn mind

What is even more amazing to me, and really it tells you somethign about the people in this thread..........

They hate PF SO MUCH they can't move on with their lives. They literally cannot stop eating shit they hate. They do it on purpose! They deliberately seek out steaming piles of shit, and shove their faces into it! They can't help it! And they think it makes people who play a game they like MAD AS HELL! they're so obsessed with hating this game they literally cannot shut up about it

It's hilarious to watch you incredibly retarded, brain damaged idiots do this day after day after day! And the funniest part is...you're just talking in an echochamber! Not one person is going to be swayed by your sad little obsession.

Wrong rankings:

> Ascended Tier: Lamentations of the Flame Princess
> God Tier: D&D 3.5
> Good Tier: D&D 5e
> Okay Tier: D&D 4e
> Bad Tier: AD&D 2e
> Shit Tier: AD&D 1e
> Nigger tier: B/X, holmes, moldvay, anything

He can't. He doesn't have an answer, only something he doesn't want you to play.

You've yet to suggest a goddamned alternative to PF that is objectively better than it. You've yet to give reasons outside of the dev team to not play it. You are doing nothing to get me to not play it as what you are showing me are what appear to be small specks. Unless you can show me both that the very core of the game is flawed and suggest something else that fulfills the same role you are just shitposting.
A goddamn venn diagram would work fine comparing it to, say, 5e or 3.5.