Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GaUi8Dv73hA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for dark eldars

Second for Xenophilia.

Xth for space furries btfo

Rules leak when
I Must know of i Need the CE

xth for what do I buy first if I'm a brand new player who wants to play Tyranids?

I was looking on the GW webstore and comparing prices between the Aus one and the US one to see if it's worth getting an American friend to mail me 40k stuff, and I found something strange.

While most stuff is about 20% more expensive in Aus compared to US, Wraithknights and Riptides are two really weird exceptions. It's about 25 or so USD cheaper to buy a Wraithknight in Aus, and 20 USD cheaper for a Riptide.

Anybody have any clue why? Is there some GW push to sell more big stompy robots to Australians?

Tyrants, lots of them.

You hold off and see if the next edition fixes them.

The changes to Purestrain Genestealers Strongly hints they're aware of the problem now.

EIGHTH FOR KHORNE

So that the Aus meta better reflects how shitty life is in a death world.

FFFFFUCK

This is how I see 2017 unfolding.

How do you see 2017 unfolding?

Fuck guys I want to buy some hellions because they look so damn cool, are they somewhat viable?

>You hold off and see if the next edition fixes them.

But user, I'm not a waacfag.

What if I just want to have fun painting and modelling models, with an occasional game here and there?

Surely I don't need to wait for that.

What the hell site are you looking a.....

Huh, you're right. Are there really Americans paying 85usd for a single riptide? Also it seems to just be an american thing, the UK price makes sense.

Last thread, guy said soon, also posted picture of the limted edition WoM set as proof.

>#breakthegate
Cadians are truly fucked

Then why are you asking? Go buy the models you like.

In that case, knock yourself out. Tyranids might not be winning tourney, but they're still pretty fun to play. Getting a Haruspex to munch a infantry blob is supremely satisfying.

>Tau Empire remains uncovered
You've probably accurately predicted the future here user

>Be facing Necrons
>Everything has 4+ reanimation
>Half his shit has 3++ invuln
Wow, none of his stuff is dying.

For the painting and modelling, sure. Though if you do intend to play, having some idea what makes a decent army is good to know.

Tyranids aren't in the "Can't keep up with WAACfags" bracket, they're in the "struggle hugely to even do okayish casually and that's if you optimise your list" category.

And yeah yeah, Flyrant Spam is a high tier army... But Flyrant spam is insanely separated from actually playing what anyone would think of as a Tyranid army. It is it's own thing, Tyranids actually played as Tyranids are a bottom 3 army. Probably a bottom 2 now that Chaos are getting another little bump.

Welp. I'm moving to New Drekport

Tell him to stop playing netlist formation spam and face you with an actual army then.

Crons are strong and have a fairly easy time without needing to pull that shit.

But user, literally the only army that interests me thematically is Tyranids.

I've loved these little fuckers since I was in like 6th grade and walked into a GW with my Father and we did the starter demo-game and my demo-Nids beat his demo-Mahreens

Then just play them, man. Liking an army is way more important than how powerful they are. After all, you're gonna be spending money on them.

Notice how the Tau "empire" is still smaller than the realm of ultramar, and Tau-fags are still going "muh tactical supremacy!".

Creds to who ever got the Bakka sector printed in there.

Haemotrope Reactor says that it boosts plasma weapons, as defined by the rulebook. The rulebook, however, only lists the plasma pistol, plasma gun, and plasma cannon.

Does that mean it doesn't work with Plasma Rifles?

If it has Plasma in the name, it works with it.

Bakka sector is best girl.

Reposting the Special Edition posted in the last thread by GW leaker dude.

Guy also confirmed SoB in Jan/February.

Can Necrons be built fairly? Like, not as WAAC madness?

I know in the current meta there's a saturation of melts and plasma, but I have a mighty need to get 3 dreads to drop pod in...is this viable or just a waste of money? I'm a dark eldar player looking to expand my space marine kill team btw.

>however, the weapon has gets hot on a roll of 1 or 2, instead of just 1

depends how you want to interpret it, RAW would allow plasma rifles to be used this way but RAI wouldn't as its only addressing the plasma weapons that have gets hot

also fucking hell, 5 crisis suits with 2 plasmas each and a buff mander, up to 20 twinlinked blasts

What am I meant to do with epubs, should I be breaking out my kindle or something?

You need Readium dude.jpg

Readium, senpai.

just google epub reader and download literally anything on the first page

Not only that, but it changes the weapon type from Assault or Pistol to Heavy, as a way to nerf them.

Plasma Rifles are rapidfire.

Stop caring what people think. Make some friends so you can just play your games and stop caring so god damn much. This is supposed to be fun remember?

I tried with one random epub reader and a whole bunch of pages displayed as "false false", I'll give it a shot with readium though, thanks!

I think for now I'll just start a GSC army.

They're still Tyranid-y, and I figure I can get a small (500-1000 point) force of cultists, start building/modelling Tyranids for funsies while I'm playing games with my cultists, then eventually start allying in my Nids when I have a sizable enough collection.

Th-th-thanks Veeky Forums

that isnt on the rules at all, plasma guns are also rapid fire so this is irrelevant

If it's S7 AP 2 Gets Hot!, or something close enough, I'd count it.

Tau Plasma Rifles would suddenly Get Hot on 1-2, which would be funny.

Khorne has truly blessed this thread

Allying Nids in with GSC is a cool start anyway. Cuz it works thematically. GSC starts signalling to the Hive Fleet, so bigger things start showing up.

>which would be funny.

considering they can twinlink it easily it doesnt make that much of a difference

however this reactor might be funny for tempestus scions, 2x command squads of 4 plasma guns each, rapid firing 16 blasts with twinlinked

death to the corpse emperor

Praise Kek---

Underrated post

8th edition when?

March-May next year.

Yeah. You could also use regular AstraMil Commad Squads with the Cadian battle group. No FOC, you get Preferred Enemy relics/med pack and now your Rapid-Fire Blasts are ignoring cover.

Leaks when?

Soon.

I don't support compromising usually, but GSC are really rad and cool and make for a great and fluffy lead-in to Nids

Thinking about Promethium pipe, my bad.

Any word on the rules simplification, and what that means for 7th edition armies with the more complicated rules?

What changes?

Can't really go wrong with genestealers.

Purestrain genestealers have much better stats compared to regular tyranid genestealers while having the exact same point cost.

I need recommendations for an army:

>Lots of kitbashing possibility
>Low model count
>Preferably not Imperial
>High toughness or armour

There is something called the tyranid swarm box.
It contains almost a hundred models for cheap.

Be aware nid rules currently are not the strongest, but this is permanently in flux so it means little for the future.

GW is borrowing some rules mechanics form Age of Sigmar to pull over into the new edition.

Look for an emphasis on ease of play, especially for new players.

Look for the variable-stats-based-on-damage rule mechanic seen on some Age of Sigmar monsters to make it’s way into the Grimdark.

Look for Psychics to be greatly simplified.

Army construction will not be constrained.

Some version of AoS Warscrolls will make their way into the game.

The game will retain it’s gameplay and tactical depth, and not come anywhere near AoS’s tiny 4 pages of rules.

GW’s design goal is to maintain 40K’s depth of tactics and play, while speeding up playtime and removing needless detail.

>>Lots of kitbashing possibility
>>Low model count
>>Preferably not Imperial
>>High toughness or armour

tau if you want to spam suits, grey knights if you want to get rid of that imperial rule

>>Lots of kitbashing possibility
>>Low model count
>>Preferably not Imperial
>>High toughness or armour
chaos space marines can do it.
You did not say the army has to be great on the tabletop.....

I don't mind competitive potential! CSM is a possiblity, as are KDK. I've yet to take a look at KDK's codex, I'm downloading it now.

>Army construction will not be constrained.

thank fuck for ITC

>maintain 40K’s depth of tactics and play, while speeding up playtime and removing needless detail.
All I've ever wanted.

Cherno Alfa as a Knight yes or no?

Mostly because I want a excuse to buy it, but do not wish to buy a Knight

No.

Don't be an idiot

As long as they don't hit "no initiative" or "Roll to see who goes next after each game turn" I'll give it a look.

Those are honestly the two biggest things that make it clear AoS wasn't just a slimmed down ruleset, it was a -lazy- ruleset made by someone who didn't give a shit.

>7 inch

It's tall enough, but I expect some serious conversion work if you want it to look cool as a 40k mech rather than just kinda lazily slapping down an unrelated toy.

>Love the BT in lore
>Utter trash on the TT
What a shame

That second one's pretty good, honestly. You can't just assume you'll get first next turn and have to take that into consideration when thinking your actions.

Lore is all that should matter. Or do you not love the Emperor?

Have in mind Nids are cool but they'r rules a bit tunned down and they requiere to paint a fucking lot of miniatures.

>tfw want to play CSM
>tfw can't decide on a legion or paint scheme

You almost did it again omcg

I just love purging Xenos

Sounds like you should be Deathwatch, not Black Templars.

>turn 1
>player 1 goes first
>player 2 uses a null deploy
>player 2 gets to go first with skyhammer/auto arrive
>turn 2
>player 2 wins the dice roll and gets another turn

Yeah that sounds fucking stupid

Too sneaky and small scale m8

It rapes immersion in the ass, because you can randomly get to perform two turns of actions in a row with the opposing army just sitting and taking it.

And it heavily randomises the winner of the match. Player skill means jack shit if a two turn rampage happens at the wrong moment. Sure you can plan around it to an -extent- but that will never stop it from being two turns of unrestricted action.

That's something I've been thinking latelly
both Deathguard and Black templars are the guys who really really reaaally fucking love purging xenos
But I'd say Black Templars are the pshychotic-crazed out guys and the Deathwatch more like the "Men in black" of the Imperirum

Any preferences?

youtube.com/watch?v=GaUi8Dv73hA

Yeah but with the BTs, it's not just Xenos they're purging.

That's why they don't have the word "Fists" in theyr name.

I'm thinking either Word Bearers or Death Guard.

But Word Bearers...I feel like if I pick Undivided, I have to sacrifice some of the fun stuff available.

And Death Guard seem like fun, adding in the Nurgle daemons too, but it almost feels like, although they're meant to be the toughest ones, they're not that tough.

Haven't really been following 40k for a year or so, is it true that the lore is moving forward or was I rused?

fenris is about to get fucked by magnus the rad

Oh my, yes.

Can you guess what this is?

What?

>player 1 gets 1st turn, does his half
>player 2 does his half
>roll to see who goes next
>player 1 gets to go 1st again, just like 40k would be normally
>2 goes
>roll
>player 2 starts this time, giving him a way to negate first-turn advantage.

Word Bearers are Undivided, but they can use cult units fine. It fits their fluff.

Why do Twisted Copse and the ruins have a point cost now?
Also, toe-in-cover is gone.

see
it has a chance of letting the disadvantaged person to go again, however it also has a massive advantage to null deploy lists and alpha strike lists

can you imagine a tau player with a riptide wing and stormsurge getting a 2nd turn in a row, then deciding to use his double shooting phase for the riptides?

this idea is fucking retarded, its just RNG bullshit