MTG LEGACY GENERAL

Thanksgiving edition

What legacy-related thing are you most thankful for?

RESOURCES
>Active Legacy Forums
mtgthesource.com/forums/forum.php
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/legacy-type-1-5

>Current Legacy Metagame
mtgtop8.com/format?f=LE
mtggoldfish.com/metagame/legacy

>Find/Browse basic lands by their art (Updated through Duel Decks: Jace vs Chandra)
sites.google.com/site/mtgbasics/

READINGS
>Top 5 Breakdown (May 26, 2016)
channelfireball.com/articles/the-top-5-legacy-decks/

>Miracles: The Match-Up Everyone Should Know
channelfireball.com/articles/how-to-defeat-miracles/

>Utilizing Cabal Therapy (Old but still good)
channelfireball.com/home/legacy-weapon-therapy-session/

Common Legacy - Decks You Should Prepare to Face
>Miracles
>Delver variants (Grixis, Izzet, BUG, RUG)
>ANT (Ad Nauseam Tendrils)
>Death and Taxes
>Eldrazi Stompy
>Shardless BUG
>Lands

Uncommon Legacy - Decks You Should Know About
>LED Dredge
>Reanimator
>Infect
>Stoneblade
>Burn
>TES (The Epic Storm)
>Elves
>Painter
>Maverick
>4-Color Loam
>Nic Fit
>Sneak n Show

Rare Legacy - Decks You May See On Occasion
>Enchantress
>MUD
>Goblins
>Merfolk
>High Tide
>Aluren
>Food Chain
>12 Post
>Belcher
>Pox Control
>Blood Moon Stompy variants
>Tezzerator
>Sneak n Breach
>Stax (White or Black)
>Deadguy Ale
>Landstill
>Affinity
>Oops, All Spells

Mythic Legacy - Decks You'll See Once a Year
>Doomsday Fetchland Tendrils (DDFT)
>Cheerios
>Nourshing Lich
>Non-Eldrazi Moon-less Stompy variants
>Spanish Inquisition
>Ux Omnitell
>Parfait
>The Cure (Kavu Predator + False Cure)

In the spirit of the holiday, oops has been added.

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11717375
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>oops has been added.
Thread's dead boys. Pack it up, we had a nice run. Nothing good lasts forever I suppose.

>what legacy-related thing are you most thankful for?

I'm thankful that none of the retards on mtgsalvation, the source, Reddit, or even here are in charge of the reserved list, ban list, design, or development.

im also thankful for all of you in the comfiest general on Veeky Forums

Don't worry we'we'll take it off for the next thread.

is that your doggo?

>What Legacy-related thing are you most thankful for?

I'm thankful that Price of Progress is a card. Also Dark Ritual, Hymn to Tourach, Sinkhole, Lion's Eye Diamond, the Dredge mechanic, Oath of Druids, and about half of the EDH decks I've made include Skithiryx, 15 God Enchantment, Narset Voltron, and Elves.

I guess you guys are alright too. I'll make a family tree tonight. Who wants to be included in it?

Put all the namefags should be whether they like it or not.

Im thankful mishra's bauble xploded in price and allowed this poorfag to get a playset of metalworker

No, it's my pupper

>giving people a choice

>What legacy-related thing are you most thankful for?
I'm thankful for Cockatrice, Untap and Xmage for making it possible to enjoy the format for free.
I'm thankful for Chalice on 1 turn one, and all the free wins it provides.

put me in, coach.

namefags pets edition?

What do you guys think about aggro loam?
I really love jund and LFtL is one of my favorite cards

Posting again because I want to see the results of the poll after 24 hours on Veeky Forums, and I'm getting some great insight on what makes a Blue player a Blue player.

What's your favorite color on the Magic Pie Chart, and Why?

strawpoll.me/11717375

I don't know if anyone remembers me but I never left. I like hanging out here.

Looks like a good pupper.

I haven't had a dog in a few years and I don't have any pics of my last one on this phone.

>What legacy-related thing are you most thankful for?

I'm thankful Oops is in the OP.

I'm thankful for this .

I'm thankful for my Blood Moons.

I'm thankful for this rocking thread on Veeky Forums.

lol, "Colorless isn't a color" is beating Blue.

namefags pets edition

I'm thankful of beating an eldrazi player with deathblade
I'm the only one who can have fun playing prision decks

Namefags were a mistake

Looks comfy.

I'm Thankful For Efficient Turn One Game Winning Combos

Please don't bully the oops deck or its pilots. We enjoy interacting with our opponents too.
Cabal Therapy

>I'm thankful for Cockatrice, Untap and Xmage for making it possible to enjoy the format for free.

100% this, made it a lot easier to figure out what I liked

I'm also thankful for the dudes at my game store for offering to let me borrow their decks on legacy night

And everyone in this thread for the fun times ;^)

I'm thankful there are actually rational people like this on Veeky Forums. The RL isn't a bug; it's a feature to keep immature plebes out of this great format.

4c Loam is one of the best decks in Legacy and the reason it doesn't put up that many results is because it's a rather difficult deck to pilot and many of those who play it don't do so optimally. You would think it's a midrange value deck but it's actually a prison deck and if you're attacking with KotR when your opponent still has nonbasics on the field then you're doing something wrong. And that's what many pilots don't get about it.

Also, the Liliana build may have more raw power but it's objectively worse because the black in the deck is actually just a splash for Decay, so you don't want to be turning yourself from GWRb into GWRB, as it makes your already-stretched manabase even more strained.

Your trip changed. What for?

I had to retype my name/trip at some point and I forgot what I used the first time.

Im thankful for maze of ith being printed.

Also, here is my kitty

Thankful that WotC doesn't listen to Modern refugees into this format with regards to bans.

Agreed

Ban Muslims

I echo this sentiment.

Hey now, that's not comfy.

Please try to be more halal.

Cute cat and nice taste in lands.

bump

Nice translations. Can't even tell what the duck those are supposed to be.

I once saw "Empty the Warrens" translated as "Full Force from the Nest Hole."

Oh, yeah: thankful for my pooches. Wish I had some pics.

Wasn't most of Caracalla's disdain for his potential rivals?

I think

Atarka's command
Dragon fodder
????
stoke the flames

I'm sure most Roman emperors have expressed contempt for the common man at least once during their reign.

You have got to be kidding me. A starting hand without a Mox functions less than a mouthbreathing retard flailing around with hulk hands taped on by his tired mother.
If you draw a Mox, then you have a game, if you don't, well then you're just playing a bad deck that leans way too hard on Chalice to even remain competitive.

Maybe you lads can help point me in the right direction. I need lands. Basic lands. A lot of basic lands. But not just any basics. I need NM Beta Swamp C. A pile of 14 (I'll need 26 before I'm done) were swiped off tcgplayer before I could put the order in and my other source has only a single altered copy in stock. Where do you boys gas up on lands?

So everyone's been able to play cards that have just dominated the game, and I wouldn't be surprised if everyone's also been beaten by cards that caused a total blowout.

But what about all the other cards? Why don't they get a time to shine? I've got to know: what's Veeky Forumsleg/'s favorite objectively unplayable card?

I don't mean banned cards; I don't mean "playable in commander" stuff like Havoc Festival or Brago. I mean legitimately, irredeemably terrible cards.

Does it cost one more mana than the threshold of playability allows? Is its effect spectacular, but in a color that can't really capitalize on it? Have rules changes or improved design totally obsoleted it? Or is it a terrible vanilla 5/5 with an awesome name?

Pic related. He's high in the running.

If pic related was cheaper to cast, say UU. at cmc 4 its shit. Even at UU i dont think it would be fantastic, but playable.

>tfw Canadian and my thanksgiving passed already
Well anyways I'm thankful for the format in general, and this comfy place on Veeky Forums.

Bad cards eh? Gideon, champion of justice of course.

god I fucking love how cancer the trip/name fags are on this thread, makes it more comfy

ebay, get an email every day when "mtg beta swamp" is posted

at UU that card would be pretty fucking strong.

What's the swaggiest language to get merfolk pimped out in?

Japanese or russian always best

So how many of you guys actually own real cards? Pic related it's every RL card I own plus 3 playsets of FoW (ITA, GER, ENG)

KOREAN

Japanese
What's it like being the SOLE reason why 99% of players can't afford Legacy :^)

I own my miracles deck and about 6 other Duals but either than that not much

So what decks do you have built?

I'm thankful for friendly legacy players that lend me cards
And the mechanic Dredge, and the entire Time Spiral block.
And my mum's pupper

My whole deck is real. Here's a pic.

Miracles, Loam
The white border is a neat touch.

all my cards are real, but I don't care if people use fakes.

THANK YOU BASED MAILMAN

>Submerge

That's some old school tech right there. How often do you get people with it?

I thought it was at least known if not a common option. I haven't actually drawn it in a while, but the last time I played it was in the mirror in response to a fetch.

reanimator?

Yiss. Although there were supposed to be two Misty Rainforest showing up today. Will have to keep substituting with Flooded strands until they arrive.

Mail also came today! Nothing expensive (I already have those ones.)

Hi. Why the fuck is this card legal?

Get that fake shit outta here.

Why not? Its shit

where do u buy your fakes?

The shit format that is Modern thread is over here

Reddit

excuse me?

Just because a card is legal in Legacy doesn't mean it should be played. You're excused.

it shouldn't be played in modern, either. if anything, your weird disdain for anything that's not a tier 1 deck is what belongs in the modern thread.

I never said I didn't like it because it's not tier 1, quit putting words in my mouth.

Oh nice. Have pics?

no but you have a pretty kitty

Here's the MD

SB.
Make is a flex spot, occasionally it'll be a 2nd Mentor. Right now Sneak Show is making a comeback so I like MM better in that MU.

Get FBBs

Sup money. Can't say I appreciate the weeb accoutrements but you have some excellent aesthetics going on there.

The build looks a little scattered, and lol at triple sleeving.

Gotta be beta swamp C my man. What are these FBBs you speak of anyway?

The original Legends legends make me sad. They're all bursting with flavor, yet like two of them are playable and everything else is overcosted vanilla fatties.

Boyz I love yall . I been drinking and wanted to let you all know

Did someone say black border duress?

Hey, that's me!

I've been on this hybrid Ponder/mini-Legends build for a while and it works fine. The triple sleeve is because the custom art sleeves are from Inked and aren't durable enough to be double sleeved. If they were like Hareruya art sleeves I wouldn't be triple sleeving :(

When are you going to get that final Usea?

You really think I need a third?

Legacy FNM round 1 report:
1-2 vs Aluren
I won game 1 easily as they don't have enough ways to interact and have to race. Game 2 I lost to unexpected Thailand and Meddling mage and couldn't find a wish for massacre before I died. Game 3 I misplaced and cost me the match. I duressed when he had 2 cards in hand and I knew 1, and he couldn't hardcase force. Should have pondered to find a 3rd black source or ritual to doomsday and go for the win. Next turn he combos me out.

how can you tell they're fakes from just that pic? by the condition?

Legacy FNM report round 2:
2-1 vs Elves
Game 1 is a race. Decks speeds are comparable but I got there turn 2 on the play. Game 2 I couldn't find business in time and got beat down. Game 3 I duressed a glimpse which bought me the turn I needed to find the goods to go off unopposed on turn 3.

They're not. Chinamen dont ship cards in ultra pro sleeves and top loaders

The one in the back looks fake.
The beveling around the corners are too rounded, a hallmark of Chinaman fakes.
Could have bought them off a guy that imports Chinaman fakes.

Those aren't top loaders; those are those soft sleeves. No one ships legit duals in those.

So i played legacy for the first time today, full proxy, 5 people turned up and i played doomsday.

Had the bye round one, played against miracles round two, won 2-1. I should have won g1 as well, as i probed looking for countermagic, didnt see any and dropped a lab man into swords without playing duress, because apparently i'm blind. Game 2 xantid swarm wrecked and he couldnt find counterbalance or removal for it. G3 a combination of heaps of discard and a decay got me a quick win.

Round 3 i was against my roommate on imperial painter. G1 he REB'd my lands in response to decay on painter, then i duress seeing a spirit guide and another painter and he topdecks a grindstone for the win. G2 i could have won through magus of the moon, but drew my infernal contract, so coudnt put it in the pile

could someone rewrite this post as a super-slick paragraph and a half that would captivate user to look further into legasea

It's just NM.

It wasn't the condition that was throwing me off, it was the white border at the top. The Chinese fakes are notorious for having a border that is wider than on real cards. Since it was obscured by the Usea in front that's all I had to go off of.

Old cards are also notorious for having fucked up border proportions.

>Old cards are also notorious for having fucked up border proportions.
Old cards with black borders yes.

Legacy fnm report round 3:
1-2 vs reanimator. I lose round 1 to a quick griselbrand. Game 2 we grind but I am able to win. He has echoing truth but I am able to play through it. I will be posting a puzzle about this game later. GAME 3 we trade disruption and I wish for doomsday while he has just a lotus petal in hand and a hapless researcher on board, but pass the turn wit the kill next turn. He needs to find a reanimation spell and either sire or iona on his turn. He top decks brainstorm and draws reanimate and sire. I lose.

What's your board plan vs painter?

White border too. Its just less noticeable.