Horus Heresy General /hhg/

Welcome To The Salty Spittoon, Legionary. How Tough Are You? Edition
The Hot Wind Blowing Sub-Edition
Any confirmation on Inferno coming out next month, or is the WD wrong?
>HHG
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

>Oct 16 White Dwarf
mediafire.com/file/zm71nli980zr97h/WhiteDwarf_Oct16.pdf

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Other new links
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww98.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fe6VFn2St%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww116.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fd2D2z8mF%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww110.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2F1USI8Urn%2Ffile.html
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!LoBA0bqS
www98.zippyshare.com/v/e6VFn2St/file.html

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QksrFJyT5A4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What are some good newb-friendly 40k novels?

Legion

Pic related's series, Gaunt's Ghosts, Eisenhorn series.
Dude, what's wrong with you?

Reminder that using a non-palatine Aquila in your legionary's chest as opposed to his belt is like wearing the original version of the swastika.
You're not doing anything illegal, but people will still give you mean looks.
It seemed a good comparison

30k is kind of an expansion tto 40k, its a slightly different setting, taking plays 10,000 years beforehand.

You wanna ask in the 40k general for 40k books. Horus Heresy (30k) has a huge series of books, a lot of which are excellent that you should try, I prefer them to 40k, but I'm not sure theyre noob friendly.

All good suggestions, Uriel ventris series too, Nightbringer is a good book, if a bit outdated in current canon. Same with the Ragnar Blackmane series.

If he starts from there the quality of any BL book he reads will only appear to go higher and higher :^)

Eisenhorn/Ravenor and Enforcer ain't bad.

Except the Aquila is not associated with (neo-)Nazis, just autists who don't know their fluff.

>who don't know their fluff
the distinction between aquila and palatine aquila is a recent thing

Which makes it an easy way to tell who is a fan of old 30k fluff or new 40k fluff.

>just autists who don't know their fluff.
Again, it seemed like a good comparison

>Expose yourself to your deepest fears.
Pic related.
>If he starts from there the quality of any BL book he reads will only appear to go higher and higher :^)
That depends if he reads Kyme or not.

Fluff is fluff.

Also, do tell me, what was the symbol of the Imperium in old fluff. Under what banner did the armies of the Imperium march? What was the unifying flag or emblem?

Come on, guys, let's not argue about the Aquila. If it's pimped out with lightning bolts it's the Emperor's/EC's. If not then it's okay to use it.

The aquila, dingbat. What was relevant was who could display it on their breastplate, as user mentioned in . Which I'm sure you were aware of, but here's a direct quotation (and companion image) for you;

>So inspired was the Emperor by the words of his newly-found son that he bestowed on Fulgrim's Legion a unique honour: the Emperor's Children would be permitted to display the Imperial Eagle on their armour's chestplates, the only Legion then allowed to display the symbol in such a manner.

That fluff's been changed now, which, as I said, makes it an easy way to tell who is familiar with old fluff over the new fluff.

>implying we should ever not argue about the aquila

>>implying we should ever not argue about the aquila
I don't think we should. Also does the Imperium even remember the Palatine Aquila in the modern 40k, or is that just an important history factoid they forget?

>The aquila, dingbat.

Don't come bitching to me when people try to suppress the use of the Aquila on everything while ignoring the simple fact that it is the symbol of the Imperium. I'm not putting Aquilas on anyone's chest, but people who think it should only ever be used by the EC and nobody else can just fucking die.

>The traitorous III Legion betrayed the immense honour the Emperor conceded them when He gave them His own name. Even now they wear a calque of the Aquila and mimic the Imperial battlecry out of envy :^)

I find it hard to believe that after thousands of years of living in the Eye and the Traitor Legions' fractious nature that the EC can generally agree to do that.

Not really news, but FW confirmed that the WD date for inferno is now inaccurate due the the lead time of printing White Dwarf.

Oh, and neither of the two replies about the sisters are by FW, incidentally.

Well, time is relative in the Eye. To some traitors the Heresy is still on and barely any time has passed to them.

It's meant to be read as if the source was Regimental Standard

>Welcome To The Salty Spittoon, Legionary. How Tough Are You? Edition

Also

>Chem bolts
Poisoned(3+) is pretty good for that points cost. The pricing right now is from Veteran Tacs. So they have a CCW, 2A, and choice of Tactics. The CCW and +1A can be attributed to dual Bolt Pistols and Rad Grenades and the tactics to firing pistols a total of three times. Adding Poisoned(3+) would increase their cost, unless it's another upgrade you pay for. Like 7 points for Dual Bolt Pistols with Alchemical ammo.

Then

Alchemical Ammo: Weapons with this rule gain the Poisoned(3+) rule. (Maybe Poisoned 4+ instead)

Then the rule for shooting three times should just be worded "Models with this rule may fire one pistol an additional time." That way Gunslinger triggers for 2 shots, then this one for 3. Which would be insane for Hand Flamers. May need to think on that one.

Then to avoid Destroyers being too good(or just to give them Alchemical Ammo base) you could amend Lone Killer to never be scoring. To represent their disdain for anything but killing and the legions dislike of them.

so then HHG i have a challence for you.
how to best use Phalanx Warders with power axes. i really love the models but i'm finding it hard to use them effectively.

Oh, thank God. I would have ended up going over budget otherwise.

Do they gain any bonus in the ZM rite, or is that regular Breachers only?

Not sure if it's been posted, but the new GW paint video shows how to do the AL colors the right way.
youtube.com/watch?v=QksrFJyT5A4

>Welcome to the Salty Spitoon, Legionary. How Tough Are You?

I by CCW'S for my World Eaters, and they aren't chainaxes.

Well that's quite the challenge. Breachers are already meh, but then Phalanx Wardens are even more points for just one situational special rule. At least the previous version could chuck breacher charges at initiative 5 when charged, but now ...

>tfw Invictarus are better in every aspect than phalanx warden with power axes and less points to boot

>How Tough Are You?

I footslog Indomitus suits.

I used to play Thousand Sons only in 40k during 6th as well as 7th. And then the local 40k scene basically died when Age of Smegma happend ...

Thank the Emperor for B@C reviving 40k in the form of 30k

>i have alpharius here

That's not tough, jus stupid.

>TFW purchase over £75 of FW on the 9th of Nov

>TFW when voucher giving free shipping on next order until christmas if you spend over £75 from the 11th of Nov

>the right way

There is no single 'right way' to paint the Alpha Legion. There's not even a right colour. Regardless, I'm not a huge fan of the result he gets there

>Welcome To The Salty Spittoon, Legionary. How Tough Are You?
I'm planning to use recon squads. Does that count?

That's maybe the best part about Alpha Legion : even the fluff supports the notion that there is no wrong coloursceme.

sounds good to me,

Could BA get some mileage out of a couple of recon squads with nuncio-voxes infiltrated up close in order to provide pinpoint T1 DS for multiple assault squads using the Day of Revelation RoW, or is it just a forlorn hope?

Does anyone have that fluff quote about meme legion showing up on different occasions in any number of colours, from purple to beige, turquoise, grey ceramite, and chrome?

It's not happening in December.

Where are the rules for astartes shotguns? I actually can't seem to find them in the big book.

Likewise is there a reason to give them to blackshield marauder squads? Say an army with them and they look sick.

fuck you white dwarf mother fuckers, fuck all of you god damnit that is fucking unfair

they like playing with people's emotions huh, well fjck em, let's see if they'll like what I have prepared. no one fucks with the space wolves and gets away with it, just like those faggy inquisitors

>but people who think it should only ever be used by the EC and nobody else can just fucking die.
oh, right on

They've been on the belt of the mk2 for yonks (since the old pewter variant in the 90's, at the earliest), so there's nothing really stopping a marine having it on their person elsewhere.

I'm not sure. They might? I mean, what we know as the "palatine aquila" in modern 30k was originally created for 40k as part of 2nd edition's rebranding (alongside a bunch of other faction logos).

Humour us, what exactly do you have prepared?

That's what I'm planning on doing with my BAs. Let's hope it works.

Ii just bought my ticket to nottingham and Im going to show up in person and fucking tell them what's what

Ok after running some crunch here what I've come up with(note the rules 'language' isn't perfect yet):

Destroyers: Unit cost down to 100, Jump pack cost down to 50 points, 15pp additional model, replace Bolt Pistols with Bio-alchemical Bolt Pistols. Usual Upgrades for Sarge.

For every three models, one may exchange one of its Bio-alchemical Bolt Pistols for one for the following:
-Missile Launcher with Rad Missiles Only 25 points
-Irad Cleanser 10 points
-Dual Plasma Pistols* 25 points
(*If this option is taken it replaces both Bio-alchemical Bolt Pistols)

Any model may exchange both its Bio-alchemical Bolt Pistols for:
-Dual Lucifex 7 points
-Dual Volkite Serpentas 7 points
-Dual Bio-alchemical Hand Flamers 25 Points

Killing Salvo: Models with this special rule may fire one non-template pistol weapon an additional time.

Disdain for Life: Units with this special rule never count as scoring, regardless of the mission being played but always count as a denial unit. May not be joined by an Apothecary.

Bio-alchemical: Add the Poisoned(4+) special rule to the weapon.

The Irad cleanser is better than the Lucifex(even with 3 shots), so much so that having it compete directly didn't make sense. Then 475 for 10 dudes with dual plasma(that has 3 shots) and packs was a bit zany. Now they are good at killing, nothing more, nothing less. They have one job.

>Im going to show up
>Ryanair
Pick one.

They're certainly not worth taking for their fighting prowess, but a couple of hudred points might not be too bad a tax in a larger game if it lets your other stuff arrive accurately and unharmed.

The Thirteenth Wolf link anyone?

looks very good, but probably rename disdain for life for some sort of punishment - since some people got put in the destroyer corps as a punishment or as censure.

Hows this for a 2k Word Bearers list?

+ HQ (310pts) +

····Legion Centurion (125pts) [Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs, Plasma Pistol, Refractor Field]
······Consul [Chaplain]

····Legion Praetor (185pts) [Artificer Armour, Digital Lasers, Iron Halo, Melta Bombs, Paragon Blade, Plasma Pistol]

+ Elites (305pts) +

····Mhara Gal Tainted Dreadnought (305pts) [Tainted Power Claw with inbuilt Curs'd Boltspitter]

+ Troops (620pts) +

····Legion Tactical Squad (160pts) [9x Legion Tactical Space Marines]
······Additional Wargear [Additional Chainswords/Combat Blades, Bolters, Nuncio-vox]
······Legion Tactical Sergeant [Bolter, Chainsword/Combat Blade, Melta Bombs]

····Legion Tactical Squad (160pts) [9x Legion Tactical Space Marines]
······Additional Wargear [Additional Chainswords/Combat Blades, Bolters, Nuncio-vox]
······Legion Tactical Sergeant [Bolter, Chainsword/Combat Blade, Melta Bombs]

····Legion Tactical Support Squad (175pts) [4x Legion Space Marines, Plasma Guns]

····Legion Tactical Support Squad (125pts) [4x Legion Space Marines, Volkite Calivers]

+ Fast Attack (265pts) +

····Anvillus Pattern Dreadclaw Drop Pod (115pts)

····Legion Javelin Attack Speeder Squadron (150pts)
······Legion Javelin Attack Speeder [Multi-melta, Twin-linked Lascannon]
······Legion Javelin Attack Speeder [Multi-melta, Twin-linked Lascannon]

+ Heavy Support (250pts) +

····Legion Artillery Tank Squadron (80pts)
······Legion Whirlwind [Hyperios air-defence Missiles, Twin-Linked Bolter]

····Legion Heavy Support Squad (170pts) [Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier, 4x Legion Space Marines]

+ HQ (160pts) +

····Force Commander (160pts) [Blast Pistol, Blast Pistol, Cyber-familiar, Digital Laser, Melta Bombs, Power Armour]
······The Muster of Worlds [Cult Horde, Tainted Flesh]

+ Troops (90pts) +

····Inducted Levy Squad (90pts) [Auxilia Pistols, Frag grenades, 39x Levy Auxiliaries]

Another one onto the pile of reasons why space wolf players deserve all the derision they get.

So when I read through the tacticas on 1d4chan and the HHG threads, I see a lot about"take Mechanicum allies for some robots" to the IH and IW.

Does that sound good the other way around? I want to add some sexy MK3 or MK4 marines and some of their toys that work well with Mechanicum to my Ordo Reductor or Legio Cybernetica.

They will either be Iron Hands or Iron Warriors, probably IH. What do those Legions offer me that I can't do myself, and what are cost-effective options? My lists are fairly standard since I haven't got an extensive collection.

You lack transports: your opp is going to rain ap 3 artillery down upon your silly head. split those javelins into two squads, makes them more resilient to damage

the allied det is good, DROWN THEM IN BODIES

Alright /hhg/, what are you thankful for today?

I'm thankful for finally getting my color scheme the right tint of green and being able to get it done quickly now.

I'm thankul for my squad of Tartaros terminators arriving within a day of my Land Raider.

I only stopped laffin' now

I'm thankful thanksgiving was last month and I don't have to make an elaborate meal and entertain company.

I'm thankful classes are almost over for the semester so I can order+start working on my loyalist Emperor's Children

Horus Rising, False Gods, Galaxy In Flames, Flight of the Eisenstein, Fulgrim, The First Heretic, Betrayer, Mechanicum. More or less in that order, and it gives you a pretty good introduction to the Horus Heresy.

Which armour marks do you think represents each Legion the most out of Mk2, Mk3 and Mk4.
>I.e Imperial Fists: Mk3, Ultramarines, Mk4, and so on

This better?

+ HQ (160pts) +

Force Commander (160pts) [Blast Pistol, Blast Pistol, Cyber-familiar, Digital Laser, Melta Bombs, Power Armour]
The Muster of Worlds [Cult Horde, Tainted Flesh]

+ Troops (90pts) +

Inducted Levy Squad (90pts) [Auxilia Pistols, Frag grenades, 39x Levy Auxiliaries]

+ HQ (310pts) +

Legion Centurion (125pts) [Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs, Plasma Pistol, Refractor Field]
Consul [Chaplain]

Legion Praetor (185pts) [Artificer Armour, Digital Lasers, Iron Halo, Melta Bombs, Paragon Blade, Plasma Pistol]

+ Elites (305pts) +

Mhara Gal Tainted Dreadnought (305pts) [Tainted Power Claw with inbuilt Curs'd Boltspitter]

+ Troops (615pts) +

Legion Tactical Squad (200pts) [9x Legion Tactical Space Marines]
Additional Wargear [Additional Chainswords/Combat Blades, Bolters, Nuncio-vox]
Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier [Twin-Linked Bolter]
Legion Tactical Sergeant [Bolter, Chainsword/Combat Blade, Melta Bombs]

Legion Tactical Squad (200pts) [9x Legion Tactical Space Marines]
Additional Wargear [Additional Chainswords/Combat Blades, Bolters, Nuncio-vox]
Legion Tactical Sergeant [Bolter, Chainsword/Combat Blade, Melta Bombs]

Legion Tactical Support Squad (215pts) [4x Legion Space Marines, Plasma Guns]

+ Fast Attack (265pts) +

Anvillus Pattern Dreadclaw Drop Pod (115pts)

Legion Javelin Attack Speeder Squadron (75pts)
Legion Javelin Attack Speeder [Multi-melta, Twin-linked Lascannon]

Legion Javelin Attack Speeder Squadron (75pts)
Legion Javelin Attack Speeder [Multi-melta, Twin-linked Lascannon]

+ Heavy Support (255pts) +

Legion Artillery Tank Squadron (80pts)
Legion Whirlwind [Hyperios air-defence Missiles, Twin-Linked Bolter]

Legion Heavy Support Squad (175pts) [4x Legion Space Marines]

Absolute madman.

I'm thankful for Betrayal at Calth, the surprisingly reasonable prices on Forgeworld vehicles, Tamiya transparent colours and a sensible allies system.

>He thinks it's Christmas Eve

>he thinks everyone is American

holy shit this is amazing

OK, I've decided I want some space marines for a reasonably small force and a break from painting Mechanicum.
I've decided on Salamanders, and I was planning on BaC and 3 Rhinos with either meltas or heavy flamers, and allying in some Reductor for Lightning fighters, Thallax and Vorax for fast melee, as well as some artillery and a graviton Imploder Myrmidon squad.

Does that sound a)feasible and b) decent?
I thought about all the edgy marines and decided that I wanted something contrasting with my Xana II Mechanicum.

I'm thankful I'm off today.

I'm mad that by the time I had money for Bloodbowl they were already out of the Season One book though.

I've been running Terror Assault with Infiltrating Terror Squads and they've been getting absolutely mulched. Is buying every squad a Dreadclaw prohibitively expensive or worthwhile? I'm going to get them anyway, because they look amazing, but it'd be nice to know that I wasn't shooting myself in the foot in-game too. The rest of the list so far is a bunch of Assault Marines/Night Raptors with Curze, some kind of Consul to fill HQ, and I don't know what else - leaning towards a Leviathan in a pod and running a real claw assault drop pod list, but I desperately need Str8 AP2 because at the moment my friend's Justaerin just tear through everything I have.

What are your veteran/tactical squad loadouts looking like, and what are you doing with your HQ/Terminators? Seems like it could be a goo/fun list.

>My lists are fairly standard
Be more specific user.

Nobody who puts an Aquila in their minis is a nazi. Avoid Swaztikas and in some cases iron crosses

>fjck
What did he mean by this?

Which paint scheme goes /hhg/ prefer for Cybernetica robots? Left or right?

Disregard excess skulls and Khorne symbols.

Do a spiderman scheme.

>Using more than two primary colours

THICC

Cybernetica - 4 Castellax and Thanatar, 40 Thralls, a Vulturax and some Vorax, plus a couple basic Magos Dominus and the Archmagos with the T6 4W 3++.

Reductor - 2x3 Meltabombs and Destructor Thallax, 40 Thralls, some Myrmidon Destructors in Triaros, 2 or 3 Medusa, and an Archmagos Archimandrite and Magos Reductor. Maybe a Krios Venator or two.

>not using three

I am really not sure, since I am not too familiar with the SM books. Was planning on Pride otL if that allows Mechanicum allies, and 2 Vet squads with artificer, Nuncio-vox and Vexcilla.
If not, some regular Tac squads in Rhinos, probably. Are those any good? I am really not sure on the specifics of SM list building.

Termie are probably going to be Firedrakes with Chainfists and Thunder Hammers as welll as Storm Shields, with the Praetor in a LR.
Is there any basic things for kitting out Praetors? Was planning on EW, Paragon blade, Digital lasers and a 3++ with Cataphractii + Storm shield.

Check ebay.

Pride of the legion is probably your best bet; either that, or the Salamanders rite of war that improves your meltas and shit. If you go with the veterans, you have to bear in mind what their weapon loadout will be; you probably won't have much need of nuncio-voxes unless you're running artillery, and you may as well give them some flamers.

You also need to get the specific Firedrake kit, honestly. Storm shields are just too good on them, and I don't think Firedrakes come in Cataphractii armour anyways. The praetor loadout looks fine.

oh shit is that what the vorax is based off of?

wow, HOW DO YOU FAGGOTS STILL EXIST??? seriously, it's been explained so many hundreds of times to you stupid fuck muppets, there is a difference between the imperial aquila and the palatine aquila.. ARE YOU FUCKING BLIND? or just RETARDED?
WHY ARE YOU STILL DEBATING THIS?
They are TWO DIFFERENT FUCKING SYMBOLS... the EC wear one, the Imperium wears another... HOLY FUCK YOU ARE SO ANNOYING AND DUMB

user, you do realise that the guy you are replying is taking the same, yet less ornery position as you?

Yup, the Crusader-class battle-automata. Of which the Vorax is a pattern/subtype.

Well, going on these pictures I would say the red body one, but from the picture "someone" just posted on 30k swe, I would say that black limbs look better.

My anonymity is ruined!
>I would say the red body one
>I would say that the black limbs look better
Red-body Black-limbs is the same one. But that's what you meant?

I think he's having a sperg-out because I said the """palatine""" aquila is from '93, and was back then no different from the regular aquila.

Show me on your army list where the Chainaxes touched you, user.

All of you beautiful bastards, except trip/namefags and KA. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, and if you know you won't or don't celebrate it, I still love you. Unless you're a name/tripfag. Or KA.

What about former trip/namefags that gave into popular demand and became user?

You're still stupid and don't get the point but at least you tried I guess. I give modest camaraderie.

I run seekers.
Footslogged.
Against Tau.

And an ordinatus, right?

I spam unupgraded Tech Thralls against Iron Warriors.