Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Evil Mentors edition.

Was your character's mentor an overt asshole? or a secret asshole, /pfg/?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Broken Shackles Playtest: app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/59701/broken-shackles-test-play
Creation Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1kitAB8sHgmuD3fvOMuI_KyV_dxpO2wrxQmbnCoRgglA/edit#
Avowed Playtest: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Malefex Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/HE88Nn7k
d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/psionic-powers/i/inevitable-strike
d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/feats/network-power-metapsionic
docs.google.com/document/d/1Lfad5Vs52LRyQ9wxxeuk8aRekhHOc056t3Wv-KpmM8Q/edit?usp=sharing
youtube.com/watch?v=hNRHO2pY97I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

He wasn't an asshole, he was the only person who put up with her long enough to realize she wasn't actually mute. After that it was just a matter of teaching her how to duel.

Well I've done it. I'm made Ricktor Watt, now at lower op.

pastebin.com/HE88Nn7k

He is now a Dark Tapestry Oracle, thus losing Nature's Divination. I also got rid of the Knowledge Amulet (may upgrade amulet to it later, but it would be up for debate).

The implication of this change is he is much less swingy. He lost his two big +10s per day in exchange for armor and a bonus to stealth. The biggest bonus he can muster is +16 but needs his +8s and one of the +4s for combat more than skills meaning most of the time it's just a +4 and only to dex & cha skills.

He gained Cloak of Darkness. Which means he doesn't wear armor and is instead cloaked in darkness.

Dark Tapestry fits his overall flavor better as well. Darkness, Luck, Slums are the main things his class features liken themselves to.

I think this is a step in a positive direction.

Ricktor's started as an asshole but turned out to be a cool guy who taught him properly how to be a thief.

Reposting in here so I can get some feedback.

Hey /pfg/ how do these interact?
d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/psionic-powers/i/inevitable-strike
Standard to give yourself +20 to the next attack
&
d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/feats/network-power-metapsionic
This feat that lets me give all personal psionics a network effect

Can I give +20 insight to all my allies attack rolls for 5 PP each round?

The cult of Razmir? Evil? Pffffffft!

Mine wasnt so much an asshole as the natural result of if you gave a bookworm immortality, a job as the librarian for the cathedral, and then waited long enough for her to get jaded at watching all her friends die off through the ravages of time.

I have a question about the Vigilante archetype for Stalker.

>The vigilante cannot select investigator talents which augment alchemy, nor can he select stalker arts which require a ki pool to function.

Can they still take a power like Alacrity, which has a passive function, but also a bonus if you spend a ki point on it?

>Alacrity (Ex): A stalker's land speed is faster than the norm for his race, gaining a +10-ft. enhancement bonus to his base speed and he may add his Wisdom modifier to Acrobatics checks, due to his nimble and finely honed body. The stalker enjoys this benefit only when he is wearing no armor or light armor, not using a shield, and not carrying a medium or heavy load. [As a swift action, the character may spend a point of ki to pour extra speed to his step to increase this bonus from 10-ft. to an additional 30-ft. for one minute, but he is fatigued afterward for 1d4 minutes as he catches his breath.]

To be honest I didn't have a problem with when he could do +36. His diplomacy still can manage a +35 total.

Hell his stealth and bluff does a +30s.

Not attack rolls, just one per ally. But yeah i guess?

Hey /pfg/. Made a swashbuckler archetype. Comments are enabled if you feel so inclined.

docs.google.com/document/d/1Lfad5Vs52LRyQ9wxxeuk8aRekhHOc056t3Wv-KpmM8Q/edit?usp=sharing

>Was your character's mentor an overt asshole? or a secret asshole, /pfg/?

He was an overt asshole that, on closer inspection, appeared to be trying to keep it secret.

But then it turns out there was an even deeper layer that reveals he's really just an overt asshole.

Kinda like pie.

Would it work with called shots?

I posted last thread about making a brawler-esque character that uses underhanded tactics to win fights.

Anyone have any advice as to how I can make it work?

Be a brawler who uses the dirty trick maneuver I guess?

Hey bro, what Step are you on? Praise Razmir!

the Cad archetype for Fighters?

>NToRacle keeps nerfing himself
>still just straight up better than my character
Am I the problem?

I was thinking about doing that and using the snakebite striker archetype; I heard sneak attack is piss poor in PF, so I might ditch the archetype.

I'm liking the archetype, but I'm kinda worried about rolling a fighter since I hear horror stories about their usefulness.

It's not so bad anymore, but it would be with Cad, since they lose access to what made them better.

>tfw all the fighter archetypes that were supposed to made them specialize in a fighting style are now worse than generic fighter because they can do it themselves - and much better now

It's funny desu.

Also, fighters pretty much getting unlimited bane is hilarious I'm just saying

To recap from last thread

>Onryou was born a rowdy wild child
>This persisted until her current Sensei found her and handed her ass to her.
>She becomes his apprentice and they go off traveling for six years.
>This traveling consisted of a road trip to every single monestary in the inner sea. Where Onryou would learn the techniques of each school. Either by becoming a student, or beating the crap out of their champions and learning by observation.
>In addition she makes several strong steps in resisting her demonic urges such as Channeling her vices constructively into culinary arts and martial arts, Scheduling her revelry, and meditation.
>Comes back to Sandpoint having finished her apprenticeship and is now a fully ordained priest of Irori and now makes her living as a chef at the rusty dragon.
>She constantly trains herself in odd and sometimes insane methods to further extend her control over her inhuman urges. She's made little ground.

Tid bits
>Her master might have had ulterior motives in training Onryou
> As she gets geographically closer to Minkai her demonic urges become stronger.
>She picked up her taste in men in Taldor.

There are still a few archetypes that are fine. Namely shit like Mutation Warrior. You don't want to give up Weapon Training but most of the time can toss away armor training relatively safely.

Would a Mutation Warrior fighter be preferable over a Mutagenic Mauler brawler?

My characters mentor was her loving mother who taught her that her magic existed for the good of the whole, not merely for herself, and who worked her entire life to protect her daughter.

She was also an evil as fuck orc who used her magic to kill people routinely for the good of her trobe, and viewed murder as just another means to an end.

My character's mentors were his parents. They taught him most of what they knew, and then he turned that knowledge into an on-the-road service for exceptionally wealthy and exclusive clienteles (adventurers).

My character's mentor(s) was(were) the other half-giants and attached human retainers of his clan. Some were hardasses, others weren't. They were all focused on churning out powerful (mentally and physically) half-giant warriors for the glory of the Minkai Empire. Those who had a knack for psionics were trained further to take advantage of them. Out of his class, Roku was selected for further psionic training--but his true passion is statesmanship, and he has a natural eloquence that was never really fostered.

>As she gets geographically closer to Minkai her demonic urges become stronger

This might lead to some very perverse scenes in Book 3 when the party's forced to spend long, cold nights huddled close together for warmth on the Crown of the World.

"Bottomless" and "Insatiable" are words that come to mind.

that guy spotted

She'll either give into those urges or go into "Defcon 1" and start busting out the more severe techniques.

"I want you to take this iron rod and hit me as hard as you can."

Are we still bullying DHB? Someone tell me?

Gonna be honest in that situation my character's first instinct is restraints, wrap in sleeping bag, and stow by fire until she gets better.

Silvia's mentor was one of the first people to not be an asshole to her actually. He entertained her curiosity and shared some stories of his world travels. He's pretty much the only father figure she's ever had.

One of the reasons Silvia is traveling is to get that same kind of world experience that her mentor had.

>"I want you to take this iron rod and hit me as hard as you can."

Literally a case of "the beatings will continue until morale improves."

Hey, /pfg/. I need a bit of advice.
My GM's letting me customize an Improved Familiar (a Sprite)
I'm not a caster myself, so this is my way of injecting much-needed "magician" utility to a party of initiators.
I can give it the following:
Constant: 2 0th level spells
At-will: a 1st level (personal range only) and a 0th level spell
1/day: a 2nd level spell
The spells must be from the wizard/sorcerer spell list.
The DCs for anything offensive will be pathetically low, and the familiar will be in real danger of dying if it tries to particiapte in combat, as this is a fairly anime PoW campaign.
What do you guys recommend for spells?
I am 100% sure I want Read Magic and Detect Magic as the constant effects.
What else?
Keep in mind, I don't want to powergame or anything. Just looking for interesting/very useful utility spells.

You're letting memes influence you too much. Most people applying are big babies that are afraid of having their character out performed.

>character out performed.
Is that not a valid concern?

I hate evil mentors.

I grind pelvises into dust. I dont care if someone can dance better than me.

When there are 50 applicants there will always be characters who outperform others. His charater is not even as bad as it could be.

He is merely an "ok" combatant. Probably average.

you better have a whoooooole lot of trail rations son.

If they redeem themselves they can be cool

Not when there are 50 people applying. Should be neuter himself for everyone?

50 people applying makes the concern all the more valid.
The GM won't choose someone who looks like they're trying to cheese the game hard when there are going to be a dozen others with backstory just as good, and more sensible builds.

0: At-Will -- Mage Hand or Prestidigitation
1: At-Will -- Comprehend Languages, Disguise Self, Identify or Truestrike
2: 1/day -- Alter Self, Detect Thoughts, Knock, or Rope Trick.

And the GM won't choose someone who seemed to drink the storm wind koolaid. His charater is fine as is.

Technically not evil, but cursed by a demon so he got gradually possessed by him, he trained my char to take his place as leader of a monastery (more of a fake title becasue the monastery is actually ruled by a council of elders) and if strong enough kill him

I didn't quite like it because I don't like to have the spotlight focused on me, I'm more of the silent dude who supports everybody but takes no credit

my question for ricktor would be what's the point? are you gonna have fun exploding a check or two and being mediocre or boring at everything else?

He's not bad at other things. He still averages ok skill checks besides that. He has 8 checks at +4 and 3 and +8. That's enough to cover an average day with good bonuses. Even without it he has a +10-14 to skills he cares about which is fine for level 3.

welp, as long as you don't think it's boring, who am I to judge

Hey, thanks, user.
Really good suggestions.

Hey guys , I have a question, why is the wizard considered so overpowered in pathfinder (some say instructor more than others)?

Ive read once something about a wizard building a shooting skeleton tank(i dont remember where), but in a real game, could you get away with that?

A "real game" is different table to table. Using just the rules that everyone shares 9th level casters are a cut and and sky city above the rest.

Here's the best example of why wizard is overpowered.

Let's say a rogue comes across a locked door. What can he do? Pick the lock. If he can't manage that he's fucked.

Let's say a fighter comes across a locked door. What can he do? Smash it down. If he can't manage that he's fucked.

Let's say a wizard comes across a locked door. What can he do? Fireball it. Or cast knock. Or shape the door frame. Or teleport past it.

A wizard first, and other full casters as well, have many MANY more ways to deal with situations. And it extends past locked doors. A wizard can craft magical items and sell them for more money. An instructor wizard has apprentices that can do that for him. Wizards might not be able to smash someone's face in, but they have 50 other solutions to any problem.

In general, the game works OK at most levels before 13. 13th level is the level when 7th level spells come online.

Simulacrum is one of the problem ones, as it allows a wizard to just fuck off for a month and come back with 50 fully capable, completely loyal clones of himself.

Planar binding is another issue, as it allows a wizard to just pay some gold and have powerful angles/demons solve his problems for him.

/pfg/ How do i shaman?
I saw some horror realms thing about summoning natures ally with +8 strength/Con, are there any other tricks?

Specifically the cohort of an apprentice wizard can't have item creation feats while a normal cohort can.

Those are in my short list of banned spells. Which includes:
>long range teleportation
>planar binding/ally
>gate
>resurrection
>speak with dead
>commune
>contact other plane
>wish
>blood money
>simulacrum
>mindscape
>maze
>create demiplane
There are more I'd have to dig up the list.

How do I dragoon?

By tanking the floor loldrg :^)

By realizing that you dont need a special class feature to jump as part of a charge. It's taken during other movement.

Why are some of the designers working with Paizo still working in general, clearly they're not good for the company.

Sure, but jumping really, really high and then letting gravity do the work is a bit different.

social justice.

Read: We like these people, we know them, and they kind of sort of fit our design philosophy. Pretty much just people hiring other people they like.

That's not socially just at all.

/pfg/ has sjw problems too. They jumped at rape where it wasn't there and freak out over a charater being "creepy".

You're right, because it's not. I was just translating to what they actually meant instead of memeing.

Someone hasn't read WotR.

/pfg/ definitely has too many sjws given the way some topics go here.

I don't want a fucking creepy charater in my party! I fucking swear I want to be cute not have drama.

"Creepy" is a term used by women to invalidate male characteristics they don't like.

/pfg/ is full of rape and creepy. Sides, you know most of the posters are just shitposting to get reactions anyways.

I have, but I'm a self-proclaimed SJW anyways so my opinion is objectively wrong.

"Creepy" is a term used by people to describe people with creepy characteristics. The only reason you hear about it more from women is because you're actually a creep towards them.

>sjw opinion is objectively wrong
Well at least that's squared away.

>implying I go near 3DPD

Yeah but when someone makes a character with possibly rapey and threatening feel people flip their shit. People are doing it even now after the fucking charater just wants her to be happy. It's some sjw fever.

You know gosh darned well that people are only bringing it up because it gets (you)s

Personally I'm doing it because I want DHB to leave forever. We don't need non DSP tripfags.

Well stop being a jerk and start being excellent instead.

>only THESE fags are allowed to have trips

kys, my man

We don't need tripfags at all, shill.

No, they're good when actually presenting stuff that's branded.

DHB only uses his to talk about his homebrew. He's literally using it for its intended purpose.

At this point the will saves come into play.

And NTR shit.

see

What's bad about DHB?

Presenting homebrew from a known homebrewer on the board is branded material.

There was a discussion yesterday about how what paladins really want is to get gangbanged by orcs.

The depression
The flakeyness
The NTR
The whole giving into memes thing

He takes it off to talk about characters. We just know it's him because we know his roll20 account.

Well I'd also be willing to bet it's also very easy to forget to take off your trip. We all know about that hussy Vox afterall.

Wat?

>The depression
I don't think he has a choice in this

>The flakiness
Dude literally has a heart condition

>The NTR
People meme'd that, not him

>giving into memes
I'll admit that's his fault

DHB is using it correctly, but the point is that bitching about him but being okay with DSP devs is stupid. They both do the same shit, it's just that one of them is maybe being paid for it.

I say we ditch this pointless topic and post music for people to listen to during games instead.
youtube.com/watch?v=hNRHO2pY97I

He ended up posting, forgetting to take it off, deleting the post and reposting it without the trip.

BUT WE KNOW

There's also the meditate while balancing on your head.

Barring that she could try shoving snow down her leotard to try to cool herself off.

>bitching about him but being okay with DSP devs is stupid.
No disagreement. I just said it should be used for branded stuff like officially answering questions about material or presenting such material.