Does your setting have extraterrestrials?

Does your setting have extraterrestrials?

Honestly I have used the idea of designer races before. Mostly of the setting's races were designer based on a civilization that decided to fuck off and ascend to a higher plane of existence. Humans were one of them, humans being designed for general purpose servants.

Had. They're dead now and invading.
Pro tip: Don't decide that the best way to deal with a lich is to shoot them and their phylactery into space, they'll kill everything else eventually and come back for revenge eight campaigns later.

Since my space setting is in space yes. The current races are man-sized intelligent communist spiders who can't speak (first race humanity met), two races I'm calling the races of Ek one of which is basically little grey aliens complete with telekinesis while the other is humanoid with grayish black skin pure red eyes and a redundant immune system, tribalistic yetis, and a spider monkey/lemur race who are far too proud for their own good. The last race that I am currently working on is an amorphous blob like race of creatures that came from an area where gravity is so minimal that they need to be in pressurized suits or have some other sort of technological assistance to survive in most normal places (kinda like the volus of Mass Effect but lacking distinct limbs).

Wow dude I'm so interested in your campaign I wish you'd tell me more.

Not.

I am currently toying around with the idea of having aliens in my Super Heros setting. Haven't came to many conclusions other than I would like a race that can shapeshit.

>Shapeshit
I know what you meant but I'm still giggling.

why does no one shoot shit like that into a star? that was our go to disposal move in a crazy op short arch supers game. indestructable bad guy, encase in metal and launch at the sun with a gasoline cored rocket tree.
inb4 someone kills kittens by dragging real physics into it.

also to answer op, technically yes but they are unlikely to come into play so the answer might as well be no unless players happen.

Essentially, everyone but the dorfs are technically ayy lmaos, even the humies. They were brought in from other planets as foot soldiers for the gods as they wrestled for control of the planet. They were left to their own devices as the gods either left or died off.

Yes. Since only 666 worlds were made in this cosmology, they're doing their best to make sure that people don't fuck up the other ones. Their world is gone.

Unfortunately, their methods are rather ineffective and only made things worse. They'll probably launch their ships off again and bail when the party gets close to their goals

So they communicate by pooping out written words?

I've always disliked the trope of "entire alien race is similar, and stuff happens to their planet as a whole without regard for countries."

My world has aliens. They're your standard cattle mutilators whose flying saucers are seen by insane people. I call 'em joyriders, and they have an outpost in the deep northern wilderness. Their ships can travel at exactly half the speed of light, relative to a local gravity field. Their home planet is 3 light years away, and most of the planet doesn't even know about space travel. I'm debating whether teleport works between the worlds, but I don't think it should.

I've basically treated them as high level enemies (like dragons or drow) whose motives are difficult or impossible to understand. In other words, I don't need to have an explanation when I say "Giant chainsaw robot piloted by a rock monster alien wants to fight you now." All the players know about them is they're clearing the frozen forests using appropriately statted giant woodcutting machines.

Yeah, but it's delta green so the alien is more "trans-dimensional fungus human hybrid, worshipped in the mountains of Afghanistan for hundreds of years before shipped to America and then stolen by a rogue agent for human modification experiments."

Literally ancient aliens. The explanation to why augmentations expanded so quickly is that an alien probe was discovered caught in the orbit of Earth. When it was recovered it was discovered that the probe contained an organic computer maintained by implants. The implants were studied and that formed the basis of every direct brain interface implant.

The probe was hundreds of thousands of years old and non-functioning. The Aliens themselves never show up and are probably long dead. It's supposed to be secret knowledge to everyone and a conspiracy theory.

>Does your setting have extraterrestrials?

Yes, actually; Elves are from the moon.

Elves even go so far as to have a caste system based on how close you -as an elf- live or were otherwise born to the moon since Elves tend to become taller, lither, more stretched out and more "aayyy lmao" the closer they are to their home planet.

High Elves as you can imagine get their name from their otherworldly appearance: large eyes, long ears, long necks, long fingers, tall, skinny, etc- Everything about them is stretched out.

Conversely a "Wood Elf" is a derogatory term other Elves use for terrestrial Elves who "live in the dirt, grime, plants, and famine on the surface world."

Yes, spaceship 40k pirate orks.

Would this make Elves that live in orbital habitats, in microG, the most important?

There is nothing funny about it. IRL wombats have limited shapeshiting abilities

>Would this make Elves that live in orbital habitats, in microG, the most important?

Yes.

The physical aspects of the caste system are really just a prejudice thing, but ultimately though the biggest decider is where you actually live. They all live in magi-tech-jetson-dommed-post-scarcity cities, but the philosophy behind their lifestyle and caste is one of "non-environmental-interference".

Orbital Elves would be considered the Highest of Elves on the basis that they're not even taking up space or resources on any world. Orbiting in perfect, sealed, self-sufficient harmony in space as they admire the beauty of the pristine worlds below and above.

These are my kind of elves tbqh, they resonate with me on a philosophical level.

Excellent work on them, user.

it reminds me of star control 2

Three Words: Space Elevator Trees

>from the moon
>home planet
???

You can come to Houston from LA but still have your home town as Boise.

The moon landing is sometimes described as "the first time humans set foot on another planet".

Currently we only have little green men like in 1950s sci-fi. My dm has announced that Zanzibar was overrun by a lizardman empire and the mole people have taken Manhattan, so everything's up in the air.

According to most of my setting's religions, Humans are the only race that WASN'T designed. That's why there's such a large variety of them. !Orks and !Elves have something of an ideal to strive for (which makes them a tad predictable).

They may or may not be right, as everyone's aliens and humans crash landed a looooong time ago as slaves to another species

Because Aiming is hard.
You are more likely to hit a star than a planet anyway, bigger gravity wells, larger surface area...

It's got human colonists out in space colonies orbiting gas giants that are starting to act so weird people joke they're aliens.

I'm running Dragonstar, so, yes. there are very definitely aliens. but many of these aliens are also-people whose world was created by a different facet of the same gods.

There's either twelve gods who all have ADD and keep pretending to have different identities, or two with schizophrenia. There's a kind of heretical schism in the pan-galactic church right now over this argument.

And after dragons conquered the universe, it all kind of became a moot point.

If one of the narutos had had a pepsi logo for an eyeball, would it have given them gravity powers?

My campaign's aliens are like the background aliens in Space Dandy. Some are completely incomprehensible in language, culture, and physiology. Some are grey-skinned, weird-headed dudes who speak in a Prohibition-era gangster accent. Some are basically sentient biped versions of Earth animals.

It's hackneyed, but it's not a serious campaign and it works so whatever. My players actually love asking whether a place smells like seafood after we firebomb a crab mobster's front, or if a wolf guy has like six nipples. We have fun.

I ain't got no fucking clue mang.

>raised to be an alien delicacy for millennia
>feast upon your creators when they return

It's the only way lads.

> Good morning. In less than an hour, aircraft from here will join others from around the world. And you will be launching the largest aerial battle in this history of mankind.

>Mankind -- that word should have new meaning for all of us today.

>We can't be consumed by our petty differences anymore.

>We will be united in our common hunger.

>Perhaps it's fate that today is the fourth thursday of november, and you will once again be eating with strange visitors, not to celebrate the sharing of a good harvest -- but to eat them before they eat us.

>We're fighting for our right to not be eaten by our alien creators.

>And should we win the day, the fourth Thursday of November will no longer be known as just an American and Canadian holiday, but as the day when the world declared in one voice:

>We will not go quietly into the night!

>We will not vanish without a fight!

>We're going to live on!

>We're going to have potatos with the main course!"

>Today, we celebrate our Thanksgiving Day!

Beautiful.

Kinda dumb

Sauce?

>literal thread is "question about your setting"
>gets salty at a guy talking about his setting

Fuck. I have no excuse since I'm on my computer...

Anyways if I were to add aliens to my setting I would probably just weld my space setting onto my supers one since I made them both for the same system: Savage Worlds.

Never played or heard of it till now. Do they have a similar array of odd races?

Mononoke Sharing

Thank you very much

Thank you very much, user.

I'm not sure. I think there is only one planet but it's so big that a America sized continent is not even a fourth of the worlds size

Story behind why he wrote that manga.

We ogre now.

Yeah. The main group is the Ethereals from the XCOM reboot, but their attempts at taking over human minds involve terraforming - neuroforming? - the host's mind to be more hospitable and compliant to their attempts and grant a skewed version of their psionic powers in the process.

It also takes a breakdown-level event in the potential host's life to cause enough neural dissonance for them to cram the shard of their psionic potential into the human host's mind.

Basically, what I'm saying is, is that it's Worm(the web serial), but the Entities are replaced with XCOM's Ethereals.

I DON'T GET THE JOKE PLEASE EXPLAIN

In the meat industry, animals are bred to increase their size and thus the amount of meat on them, and high quality feed results in better meat.

So humans are being selectively bred and there's an alien conspiracy to fatten them up for the slaughter with organic food for maximum taste.

Now I get, thanks user