That guy who refuses to play lawful alignments

>That guy who refuses to play lawful alignments

I don't blame him....
being lawful is hard, especially if you deal with different cultures on the reg.
The closest I can provide is a character who keeps his word or atleast follows a guideline.

>Playing Lawful
>being obligated IC to follow or respect laws even if they hinder or annoy you
>Not playing based Neutral and being allowed to make decisions based on your own judgement

Paladinfag detected

I disagree.
Paladins struggling against their code is one of the best thing about the class and a good source for character development; EVIL character development if you're lucky.

I'm many things. One of those is the designated Chaotic aligned player.

I'm the guy that flirts with the dice gods, Making insane ass-pulls that results in continuous Dice Explosions, Crits, or whatever the current system treats as a major success.

I'm the guy who plays Utility Skillmonkeys, be it Rogue, Bard, Wizard, Engineer, or whatever else.

I'm the guy who Players love and DM'S Hate because the entire concept of "Rails" seems to exist only for me to defy.

I am... The Lucky Bastard.

>223
the gods are telling you something

Lawful does not mean "always follows all laws" because that would be impossible. Lawful means Orderly, Organized, Adherent, Hierarchal, et cetera. It does not mean "Does anything an anonymous committee wrote down on the weekend." It means "When told the rules of monopoly either plays by the rules, agrees on new house rules, or just doesn't play." Neutral does't care too much when rules are fudged randomly. Chaotic will break rules when they feel like it. Chaotic is more likely to follow patterns, ironically. Lawful is interested in using systems to break patterns. Chaotics follows the wind and the flow of the river. Lawful builds a pulley system. A chaotic is not just as likely to jump off a bridge than cross it, he crosses the bridge rather than cuts through the river because it's easier. A lawful person might not like the toll on the bridge so instead of trying to sneak across the bridge will just say 'fuck it' and swim if they can. Or hey, depending on their social standing they might stab the toll collector if they have the authority too. A chaotic person might not stab the toll collector because fuck authority.

>playing anything other than chaotic good/neutral

It's like you want to get fucked over by alignment bullshit or something.

It's like I'm not a sociopathic millennial who can't roleplay anything but gibsmedat or something

>alignments

this desu

well thats only 1/3 of all types, so yes, he is not doing something wrong

>Best thing about Paladin
>Tired, old, Overdone trope of the Paladin having an Existential Crisis going "Am I really da gud guy"
>Trope that either ends in "Eh, Close enough" or with Paladin coming to the shocking discovery of "Hey, I can be a good and just Person using my own judgement and sensibilities without binding myself to an ancient, objective, code! It's almost as if not being purely lawful or good doesn't mean I can't still follow the law of be a good person most of the time!"

I'd rather have my character start off able to trust in his own judgement, like an adult should be able to. That way he can develop in a way that actually means something.

>alignments

>People who can't pick a role and stick to it without doing whatever will benefit them the most in any given situation

>>being obligated IC to follow or respect laws even if they hinder or annoy you
Actually no, you aren't obligated to follow or respect laws that goes against your believes, you might want to do it to avoid jail, but a Paladin can totally not only ignore but go against an evil rule.

>trying to shoehorn behaviours, ethics and moralities into an objective good/neutral/bad/lawful/chaotic axis

>Trying to pretend that you're deep and complex when you're really just Hot Topic Neutral

>not having your own system of creeds, codes and ethos for your characters, rather than a generalised supposition
but you can have fun however you want, even though you're wrong

>People who can't pick a role and stick to it without doing whatever will benefit them the most in any given situation

I play GURPS. You actually pick and choose personality traits of your character which can directly impact the game.

atm I'm playing a sadistic, bullying human wizard that is however charitable. He's also fearless (bonus to resist fright and intimidation) and may or may not have an obsession with collecting staves.

Do tell, what are the core personality traits of your character (or NPCs) that aren't governed by one of the nine choices available to you?

>I play GURPS and that means that I'm clearly a good roleplayer (you aren't)
Way to go man you really get a shit ton of indie cred for playing a bad RPG by the guy who made the fucking Munchkin card game.

I said I flirt with the Dice Gods... and the thing you've got to understand about Lady Luck is that she's a monumental tease.

>425
That's two for two bro

Alright here you go, but no more. you've had enough for today.

Alright... let's see then, shall we?

>484
Looks like you dodged a bullet with that roll

>No argument
Gee people of color me surprised

Refusal implies someone requesting them to.

>All those guys who think alignment means your personality or how you act

I don't think you can be evil while also being charitable.
or vice versa, good or neutral while being sadistic and a bully

>I don't think you can be evil while also being charitable.
The Clinton Foundation
>good or neutral while being sadistic and a bully
Politically correct crybullies

>He plays anything but Chaotic Evil
Heh.

>The Clinton Foundation
>implying the Clinton Foundation is charitable

>right wing nazis joke about a foundation that has literally saved THOUSANDS OF LIVES

The gas chamber is too good for you fucking pigs

There's a correlation between charity and intelligence.

All wizards are good, all fighters are evil.

The worst post

Rolled 3 (1d20)

Let's keep going. Something is bound to happen.