Veeky Forums related vidya

Does anyone play Duelyst? It's been out for a while, basically hearthstone tactics. Playing around with it, it seems that it would be a really fun format for Magic.

Veeky Forums vidya general, I suppose.

Other urls found in this thread:

gog.com/news/mod_spotlight_planescape_torment_mods_guide
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

For those that have never played, here's the scoop, if you wanted to try running a game of magic under these rules:

At the begining of the game you can replace two cards in your hand, and every turn you can replace one.

Draw step takes place at the end step.

Every creature can move two spaces vertically or horizontally, or one space diagonally, on a 5x9 grid, with each general starting on either side.

mana normally generates at a rate of one per turn, with player one starting at 2, and player 2 starting at 3, and going up to 9, although nothing stops you from using land cards with mtg, either as is in your deck, or removing the land and using it as a second deck that you draw from each turn.

Each player plays as a bloodborne general of a faction, with his deck limited to the cards from that faction, and neutral cards. For MTG, I'd say this limits you to selecting a legend, and you can use its abilities, and your cards are limited to artifacts and cards of that color, multicolors included.

Loosely Veeky Forums: I've been playing Atlas Reactor on Steam recently. It's more-or-less 4e as a science-fantasy arena deathmatch game. I really like it, though I'm pretty bad at it.

How's that new Mordheim game?

My Veeky Forums vidya excursions recently.

Deathwing BETA
Bloodbowl 2
Total warhammer
endless space 2

All I would recommend to you.

>Deathwing BETA
I'm considering buying that in this sale, but I'm concerned my PC wouldn't be able to run it adequately. How's the stability and optimization so far?

I know it's likely not wholly representative as it's a beta, but still.

You might want to check out Battlefleet Gothic, it's pretty good.

I'm having trouble getting Planescape: Torment to work on my pc. I really want to see how good it is, since lots of people here are vocal about it being one of the best D&D vidya

>ToEE style CRPG using 5e ruleset never

why live?

Vanar master race.
I've heard of it, seemed interesting.
Get GOG version and install mods mentioned here gog.com/news/mod_spotlight_planescape_torment_mods_guide
It is good, story is awesome but if you can't get over old timey UI, experience will be ruined.

>Stability
the game will crash on you once in a while, but that's known and will get fixed in the retail version.
>optimization
this shit runs on Unreal 4 and its made by the devs of E.Y.E. divine cybermancy, they got this shit good
>state of the beta
there's only one mission available and its meh. difficulty increases drastically with each difficulty setting
>lv1
cake walk
>lv2
okay thats what the game is meant to play
>lv3
painful
>lv4
what are you doing nigga

that is the worst case of overdesigned weapon i seen in the last few months, what the fuck even is that thing

Riflecrossswordbow. It helps that her sprite looks like she's holding a cannon or big shotgun so it doesn't look that silly.

Magmar will preserve the balance.

So yeah, I play. I'm the guy that made the thread about Starhorn's BBS on the forums.

I bet you play Green in MTG.
Yeah, it's fun game. I should get more into forums and whatnot one of these days.

In terms of Veeky Forums vidya, recently I've been playing Duelyst (I suck at it but it's fun) and Chronicle: Runescape Legends, which remains one of the most original and different digital CCGs I've ever played.

I've also got a few interesting digital board game things. Armello is a classic, but Gremlins Inc is also hilarious, and Sumer recently came onto Steam, it's a really odd blend of vidya and worker placement boardgame.

That would be fucking amazing.

I always thought 5e lent itself to some fairly awesome strategy if a player controlled the whole party in a computer game. Bless->bardic inspiration->action surge. The way it changes buffing as well makes the game a lot better, making choices about fewer more powerful buffs that can be knocked off you by breaking your concentration (actual tactical decisions) over having many buffs that are just standard gameplay patterns regardless of tactical situation, especially pre-battle.

That and the MASSIVELY reduced stat inflation makes lower level enemies still able to threaten you in sufficient numbers if not handled properly.

Oh christ I almost forgot my favorite feature: moving between multiattacks, so you can actually engage multiple enemies at once as you hack them down like fucking Aragon charging through orcs.

This shit fires snow eagles or something similar. On a hit it creates a cold line than damages everyone in its path.

Been playing a lot of ADoM lately. Every time I die I remember why I prefer nethack.

> Bless->bardic inspiration->action surge.

4e was wasted on you fucking plebs.

I use Xmage to play MTG. I wish we could cobble together some kind of monthly Stag Tournament on here using it.

Recommend to me a roguelike for beginners, /tgv/. And I don't mean action-roguelike-likes, like Isaac or wussy rogue-lites like Dredmor -- among the classics, what's the best place to start for a beginner?

Stonesoup, nethack, dwarf fortress, the zombie apocalypse one whose name I can't remember.

>zombie apocalypse
Cataclysm? Yeah, that's a great one, I would recommend neither it nor Dwarf Fortress to a newbie.

A few years ago I might have recommended Crawl, but Crawl jumped the shark around 0.16 or so, and started to decline much earlier.

That makes NetHack the place to start if you want to cut your teeth on a classic. Otherwise, play Brogue.