ITT: Vampires

What are some good examples of vampires?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s49HH0o8rnE
youtube.com/watch?v=BEMIB8ON86g
youtube.com/watch?v=MTlBDXbzD-c
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

WHFB's Vampire Counts always had a good mix of various types.

Gonna get crucified for bringing this up, but DIO in JoJo is a good example of a vampire that maximizes the use of his abilities. In Phantom Blood, he was heavily characterized as enjoying his powers and really being showy about it. He makes undead minions out of anyone he comes across, as well as weird monsters like animals with people heads and shit, just because he can. In Stardust Crusaders, he becomes obsessed with boosting The World's ability to become even more powerful, too.
From a character perspective, he's really a selfish prick and evil for the sake of evil, but he's all about the immortality and the vampire powers and shit.

Define 'good'

Seconding the WHFB Counts.
Mainly because they have things going for them other than just being blood hungry monsters, seeing as they lead armies and manage politics.

Buffy vamps are nice.

somebody made a thread awhile back about mixing predators and vampires.

Vampires hunt for sport, they hunt prize game, and they can go up to a week without eating, they spend this week hunting their next prey.

i stole the shit out of the idea

Skullduggery Pleasant Vamps.

Regular folk, a bit pale, until they shed their skin.

Woah, is there a reason noones brought up the masquerade yet?

Say what you will about JoJo, but their idea behind vampires is awesome. It's literally just gaining complete control over your own body, and is limited by the creativity, and possibly knowledge of biology, of the vampire. Dio had a fucking field day with that.

>bringing up a setting for playing vampires
>when the question was good examples of vampires

Roleplaying systems don't exactly have a good history of licensed fiction or Official Characters.

Holy shit, I remember Clash of Heroes. It was just something I found one day and decided to play some of. I've got to finish that one of these days.

Slayer, Dio, Warhammer Fantasy vampires, Strahd.

Vlad III "The Impaler" did nothing wrong. Neither did Vlad II "Dracul" ("Dragon")

Thing about Dio is that his deadliest trait isn't The World nor vampirism. It's his charisma. All those loyal followers like Vanilla & Pucci, all those women like Giorno's mom, etc.

It's really good for a dumb puzzle game.

I kinda wish we got some sort of dumbed-down cutesy HoMM game using the sprites and simplified mechanics.

Just stop and take a moment to think about the fact that his charisma is referred to as a separate entity in the manga.

Type-Moon does a pretty cool twist on the whole vampires also being wizards thing.

Not so sure about the entire vampirism being vital essence of moon aliens that the human body cannot accomodate, which is why it needs to consume people.

The cool thing about Type-Moon vampires is that "vampire" is a broad as fuck term used in-universe to classify a shitload of things and unique cases.

What you're thinking of are just the first examples whose grouping everything else was also just shoved in. A magus that extended his life by replacing his body parts one at a time would be classified as a vampire, right alongside a more traditional one.

Also, when the hell are we going to see Zelretch BTFOing the FUCKING MOON animated?

kain

>Zelretch has been noted to be a "Kujo Jotaro kind of a character"
>Crimson Moon's Reality Marble is called "The Crimson World"
>his Knight Arm is called 'Real of The World"
>he has rainbow Mystic Eyes, which is a song by Ronnie James Dio
>one of his biggest servants in the modern age is Blackmore
>red arcueid walks like fighting game dio and her j.22x is dio's eyebeam

We saw it animated not-so-recently, user.

don't get me started on Gate of Babylon and all the other dio shit referenced throughout the entire fucking franchise

Is that a Jojo reference?

>Caerula

Oh shit, I loved her. Who would have thought the best part of GUNNM would not be cyberpunk, but two random backstory volumes all about vampires and lots of snow.

Turns out that if you can live 200 years in a world where oriental arts and kung-fu are literally magic, you become god.

>this entire fucking fight

>no Shinobu
What a shitty list

It should replace Vincent with Kissshot, fuck that emo guy.

The real question is, who replaces Edward?

No one. Every list needs a punching bag.

They explain pretty well if somewhat vaguely how vampires came into being, but I still quite like the whole vampire killing vampire bit. Also Vampire nazi army is a bonus. And the whole being able to drag the souls of those you kill back to life to fight for you whenever you want is cool.

Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines, then.
It's pretty much full of cool vampire archetypes. Prolly my favourite is the tzimisce you meet.

Alucard is undead Donald Trump. He Made Vampires Scary Again.

>He Made Vampires Scary Again.
did he? at what point were you scared of any vampire in hellsing?

schrodinger's death was pretty scary. would be weird to not exist and exist at the same time.

Alucard is a Kuei-jin Bodhisattva.

Any other comparison is wrong.

Spoler: Alucard is a vampire.

Also no Mina Tepes.

>tfw shitty banana Dio always gets more popularity over his vastly superior part 1 costume
fbm

Redpill me about Slayer. Only thing I know about GG is Bridget

Infinitely smug, maxed all combat skills but still fights with fists, doesn't even fall unconscious when defeated in game - just looks annoyed. Can walk in the sun and wear crosses, which might be one of the things that cause that smugness.
Creator of the Assassin Guild. He created it with noble purpose in mind but Zato fucked all up when Slayer left to his devices.
Has a wife, Sharon. She's the one being sucked dry in OP's file. She'll be okay, though - she has some Wolverine-level regeneration, apparently.
Has the best music theme - youtube.com/watch?v=s49HH0o8rnE

>Shinobu
>beaten by memes and 3 chucklefucks
>relevant

>ctrl+f "Kain"
>0 results

you're a liar, i just did that and there's one result.

Shiki's pretty good, but it's really just Salem's Lot set in Japan

>Turns out that if you can live 200 years in a world where oriental arts and kung-fu are literally magic, you become god.
I think is mostly her being old as fuck and the older you're as a vampire the stronger and faster you're, her hubby fucking turned into a scale lizard thing just because old

Dracula, Nosferatu, the little girl in the original version (not the US version) of Let the Right One In, Dio...

see

Part 1 costume was fucking great, I wish akari kept it for part 3

also this

>Count von Count
Not even a contest.

She also successfully ended the world on a whim and made time her bitch.

>What are some good examples of vampires?

Some dead examples of vampires.

You know, the worst part of that series is how the setting was actually pretty good. Clans of vampires (some of whom resist blood-thirst by dining exclusively on animals) entire blood courts, skin-changers, and who knows what else. Shame the writer was shit.

The Warhammer Fantasy vampires.

The Hammer Horror vampires.

Stoker's Dracula.

Le Fanu's Carmilla.

Hellsing - if you don't take it too seriously.

Salem's Lot.

Strahd.

Don't know enough about most of these, but the five I know are all serious reality warpers. Kain and Raziel fuck the multiverse up. Dracula from Castlevania has his multidimentional castle. Alucard is a quantum being. He can be anywhere, at any time.
Cullen's a shitty excuse for a vampire. I dislike FFVII so Vincent is out. Count von Count is not a real vamp. Don't know about the loli from Negima, don't care about MGS, and the others are mysteries to me

> Dio can stop time and has a ghost thing whose punches can demolish buildings. He can fire off hundreds of punches in seconds. He does the sex super good.
> Arcueid when at full power plays pinball with continents.
> Slayer probably can as well. We simply do not know.
> One of the Scarlet Sisters can erase shit from existence.
> Count will fuck you up with math.

My knowledge on this is not the most reliable.

High tier vampires just don't play fair, do they?

Slayer was defeated once by fucking Bedman.

Only once, and he got him by surprise, and is also kinda bullshit, admittedly.

Amusingly, the Scarlet Sisters probably win. Remilia has defeated - alone - a time/space warper before (she now works for her), and her sister is MORE powerful than her.

It had a great cast indeed.

>Dio can stop time, amonst other shit
>Arcueid is from Nasuverse, so most of her powers are ill-defined, but basically shy is always just a bit better at everything than her foe
>Alucard is out of wack cuz quantuum
>Evangeline can induce absolute zero temperature in large areas
>Slayer is fucking Slayer
>Abel is sorta maybe immortal. Also, possibly the nicest person in the universe.
>Edward sparkles in sunlight
>Remilia (blue hair) can control fate, Flandre (blonde) can destroy or kill anything by thinking of that as destroyed or killed
>Vincent can change shape and mope a lot
>Count von Count can count
>Vamp has the most convoluted, weird explanation for his powers in MGS, a setting that has always been fine with "Yeah, that's probably magic."
>Caerula is fantastically written and probably the best character in Last Order
>Rachel can control wind, is actually immortal and has ripple-proof memory
>Demitri can turn you into a sexy chick
>Raziel cannot be actually killed while I cannot remember for the life of me what made Kain special.
>Dracula is yet guy that's a bitch to get rid of

Babette from the Dark Brotherhood Quest in Skyrim.

As long as you don't go into loli territory, you can do a lot with immortal children.

I remember this one section in a comic where a reporter uncovered the secret of vampire society. So they had a centuries old vampire kid drug him and take incriminating photos, and threatened to make him look like a pedophile if he told anyone.

Another where a vampire kid preyed on other kids by wanting to play with them. But got screwed over when polio became a thing and kids were taught to avoid other strange kids

>doesn't bathe
>doesn't bone blond descendant
Sounds about right

Elder Scrolls does vampires rather well in general. And as a bonus for all you perverts about them: Vampires in TES series are technically the result of rape.

Babette's assasination story when you first enter the sanctum was fucking hilarious.

Was that series any good? Because I saw it a few years ago but never ended up reading it.

Superior Alucard

>Smiling Jack
>not Daughter of Janus

Shameful display. Goddamn it, I want a sequel for VTMB so bad.

youtube.com/watch?v=BEMIB8ON86g

>Hammer Horror vampires

Mah bloodsucker.

Alucard wasn't a remotely scary dude though.

Unless that was your joke.

Well Nasu's new thing is that Vampires suck in a world where Servants can manifest.
And right now Fate is much bigger than Tsukihime.
So... probably never.

Also being vampiric is different to being a vampire in Moon-world, just sometimes confused.
Primal Murder have vampiric trait, but not really a vampire, same goes for Medusa.

Since no-one has said it yet, I'll plug American Vampire. I always loved the idea of there being many different "breeds" of vampires, so that you could incorporate all the best mythological and pop-cultural renditions, and the Old-World vs. New World thing is also pretty neat.

I also just love the aesthetic, with the American vampires appearing mostly human, and then distorting with huge unhinged jaws and razor-sharp foot-long claws when they get agitated.

He's also a gaylord who tried to destroy the assassins guild.

Which would've ruined best characters day.

>dracula

Pic related.

Vampire should be small, sexy, and smug.

user, the "she's a thousand years old" defense doesn't work too well when she's still got the body of a little girl.

You prancing lala pedo man.

I really wish he had sued that form longer.

Way to shame woman with petite bodies, user. My ex had the figure of a 14-year-old. Should she never have sex because she happens to be 4'11" and weigh 85 pounds?

>sleeping with women

>Vampire should be small, sexy, and smug.

youtube.com/watch?v=MTlBDXbzD-c

Yes and no. The biggest problem is the format that it's written in, being serialized preventing it from establishing a strong overarching story. Also I think the loli would have worked better as an outright villain, as her character is written to be ruthless and calculating but the writer seems to shy away from her doing anything actually evil.

But if you're the type who likes characters out-smugging each other, or are a pedophile, it's good. If you enjoyed Yupiel-Sama, you would enjoy this.

>Clans of vampires (some of whom resist blood-thirst by dining exclusively on animals)
This isn't good, it's a fucking cop-out.

For everyone talking about DIO don't forget this one.

His Vlad Tepes form was his best form.

>FIVE
>FUCKING
>DIOS

That one is just utterly unfair to include and while it's canon, it being "canon" makes no fucking sense at all even including all the timeline fuckery JoJo's has.

I fucking hate how cool I think this dumb design is.

I am legitimately pissed that I will never pull it off.

All I want is to become user: Over Heaven.

In the last two months at my uni, the amount of lads walking around with unironic mullets is increasing. We're talking Roddy Piper in They Live mullets here.

Do it user. Get in on the trend. Beat their mullets with your own, more fabulous mullet.
Become Bowie.

Jeanette is great too, but Jack is great and canon.

There are a few legitimately cool dudes in VtM, even if the finer details might be lacking for the aforementioned dearth of quality fiction. Beckett is vampire Indiana Jones. Sascha Vykos is a eldritch, inhuman elder that has evil faith, curious occultism, and realpolitik in equal measure. Saulot is the self-hating, God-fearing vampire taken to the logical extreme; all the other antediluvians are pretty interesting for what little we know of them because of how bizarre they are.

Asides from the bipolarity (which does not translate to roleplaying well at all), she's just Harley Quinn with vampirism and an aggrotech club to her name.

Jeanette works for the game, but she's not a great example of characterization. Not unless you need a model for your mentally-damaged, middling supernatural being.

I don't just need a mullet. I need a mullet with FUCKING WINGS THAT REACH MY THIGHS.

I've dedicated my life to mastering each JoJo pose. I don't need an added complication.

Meant for

I don't really think you can have Harley Quinn without a Joker, and Jeanette has nothing similar to it.

Not to mention that bipolarity aside is a gigantic aside.

Source of gif?

Harley works out rather well with Ivy most of the time and I think she's got a recent solo series, so she doesn't need the joker.

Guilty Gear Xrd.
Spoonfeeding because it's arguably better than SF5. Capcom needs to tighten their game up.