What kind of arms&armour does your...
>elves
>dwarves
>orcs
>halflings/gnomes
use?

My orcs always have asian gear

elves are a natve american/ celtic mix

Dwarves are pretty roman. Fighting in tunnels and all that, really close.

Halflings are gypsies and have no traditional weapons or armour of their own

humans are chivalric as fuck

>>elves
Dependes of the type; "normal" or "common" elves use versions of human gear, but of their own making (ornaments and such), grey elves (the evil elves of my setting) use a mix of normal,metal gear, combined with equipment magically cultivated from living tissue (chitin armor,for instance). Wild elves use arrows with bone/stone/crystal heads,bronze weapons and use little to no armour,but those they do use are made mostly of leather,horn and bone.

>>dwarves
Standard dwarven gear. Heavy armour,axes,hammers and swords.

>>orcs
Looted or smuggled weapons from the human realms,together with their ow crude (but effective) war gear. Their technology in that respect is similar to that of the wild elves.

>>gnomes
Tend to use lighter versions of dwarven equipment, but they also use weapons inspired by those from other cultures. They prefer daggers,small crossbows and light armour above everything else.

gnomes get others to do their fighting

All of it.

fuckit, let's keep going.
Dragonborn obviously need helmets that accommodate their weird heads.

Tieflings are...a little bit special...

I have these handy images.

faggotry
you are the type of fag who screams "omg i dont like my aliens to look like humans" kill yourself really, you want to be so different that you are ready to eat shit
trash
nice gypsies

sure thing, kid.

>Roman Dwarfs
>Trash
>Implying the axe/hammer stereotype would make more sense in tunnels that are usually going to be cramped.

dwarves would totally have a bloated and corrupt senate

Dwarf axe/hammer stereotype always came from their Nordic link, IMO, and from the fact their tools doubled as weapons. Dwarves are all about practicality and utility. For a dedicated military unit, I think you're right, Dwarves would field legionnaire type infantry, possibly backed up with crossbowdwarves or javelins.

As for the bloated and corrupt senate, Dragon Age did it, to a degree. One of the few 'original' bits in that game

I don't think Orc gear would be that fucking ornate, but it gets a pass because those are film props and the general design is sound

Yeah looks right, what nationalities we looking at?

Looks good aside from that plate mail

the fuck would dwarves have big corrugated skirts for?

8/10

Everyone watch out, here comes the fun police.

>orc gear
when you enslave a lot of people you put their skills to use. I think orcs would like to show off how important they are by having important looking gear.
>goblins
Dacia, thrace, siberia etc
>elf
I thing Anima plate is the most elven of plates
>dwarves
because they dont have cavalry and want to maximize protection

this is how I elf

Lets be honest...

>implying dwarfs would make their tunnels too cramped to fight in, instead of designing them specifically to complement their fighting style (regardless of what that may be)

You're not dwarfing hard enough.

Dwarves, being dwarves, would build their tunnels to be PRACTICAL but ORNATE, STURDY and ENDURING, and APPROPRIATELY SIZED for four foot tall three foot wide rectangles of metal, beard, and muscle - which is what dwarves are.

The elves believe that eating the flesh of animals that cannot talk is sinful, so they do not normally hunt. This means that a bow is a weapon whose only use is killing other people. Carrying a bow around is the mark of a very professional warrior. Most of them who are not professional soldiers fight with spears and javelins, though they are also skillful in the use of short, hewing swords and large rectangular shields. Some also use axes. They dislike the touch of metal, so they generally only wear textile armors made of quilted fabric and leather. A few wear coats of horn, bone, or hardened leather scales. They are very skilled horsemen, and prefer to fight at some range, throwing spears at their enemies and then harrying them during their retreat, but infantry units are often formed of the wealthiest men who can afford armor, to pin the enemy in place while the cavalry does its work.

The Dwarves are used to fighting in cramped tunnel conditions and loose order. There is almost no circumstance in which dwarves will ever face enemies in formation or in a symmetrical fight in their home environment, so they favor weapons that are good in tight quarters like knives, knuckledusters, or small hammers or axes. When forced into larger engagements, they form shield walls with spears, axes and short swords, and rely on their low centers of gravity and stoutness to bulldoze enemy formations. They don't have much use for missile weapons in their home environment but they can cheaply and quickly produce simple firearms for when they have to fight above ground. They favor flexible armor so that they can crawl and squeeze through tight spaces, but weight isn't much of an issue for them, so mail is a popular choice. They do not ride horses as a rule, but are not averse to building forts out of mule-drawn wagons to repel enemies.

>Elves
Tolkien-esque armor and Frank Frazetta stuff, really shiny and ornate, not completely functional.
>Dwarves
Roman and Greek stuff, the commanders have armor like Havel the Rock, carved from the mountain they live in.
>Orcs
Mongol armor, bleeding a little into Ottoman. They have giant spiders and therefore, a hefty supply of spider silk to hold it all together.
>Halflings
Anything French, mostly 16th century stuff. They prefer to use crossbows and spears.
>Gnolls
Ramshackle pieces of everyone's armor, much like Orks, their leaders are decided by how much armor they have amassed.

>The elves believe that eating the flesh of animals that cannot talk is sinful
What the hell kind of belief system would lead them to this conclusion?

Their religious rituals involving digging deep holes, climbing down into them and then dropping a ton of Elf-DMT so that they can talk to the spirits of the land. They can drink blood, though, so they largely survive off of cattle blood mixed with milk.

what the fuck dude

Why are Dwarves fighting in tunnels so fucking much? The legion wasn't desigbed to fight in city streets because Rome had many large cities.

Dwarves should use long heavy weapons because they are short and powerfully built. A Dwarf with a gladius has like a 3 foot reach. At least give them spears to fight in a phalanx so they can make yp for their naturally shitty reach instead of making it a bigger issue.

The real problem with the Roman Dwarves and other shit is that they are lazy attempts to be special for no reason. If you want fantasy Romans to be their own race why not create a race that make sense as Romans? Natural builders, organizers, and siplomats who don't give a shit about grudges and will gladly ally with their enemy of generations to strengthen theor power?

>>elves
Lamellar
>>dwarves
Ballistic vests
>>orcs
full plate
>>halflings/gnomes
chain mail

>and siplomats who don't give a shit about grudges
Rome was ALL about grudges!

My humans are 15th century zoroastrian persians

Rome didn't annex the Samnites until after the Social Wars dedpite fighting 3 costu wars against them, they just made them allies like everyone else the defeated. Hell Germanicus treated the captured family of Arminius well despite Armeniua betraying Rome and destroying three legions.

I fail to see how any of that translates into "can't eat dumb things, but if it speaks dine out!"